PDA

View Full Version : Wireless = fail? :(

Killernoob
11-15-2009, 06:40
Ok well when i come to my friends house and i try to play darkfall i launch the game then i almost get into the game, then it compelety disconnects my internet and makes me restart my computer just to get my internet back and that happens every time i launch darkfall. So i would like to get help fast, becuase i am always at my friends house and i just resubbed to the game. Would like to play, but this has happend before back in august when i first got the game but never brought it up to support.

Now thats what i said for support 2 days ago and around 10 messages later they should couldnt help me :( does anyone else know how to fix this problem? cuz they want me to go into my friends router and mess with the configuration and or hook a internet cable to the router which if i could do that i would not be using wireless!!!! lol not so easy.........HELP ME

Amishh
11-15-2009, 09:30
tell your friends mother to get a real internetz, bitch

Meowmix25
11-15-2009, 11:08
Yeah idk, I use wireless for DF, and for my xbox 360, both run awesome even for my shit internet.
I'd say stop playing at your friends or mess around with the router settings via router directions, sometimes firewalls can screw it up because when I first got my router after moving out I had to mess with it for a while to get everything working.

squrrilslayer
11-15-2009, 13:16
see if the router has a gaming zone. My router does and i assigned my main desktop the gaming zone, which means the router won't fuck with any of my connections.

w0rm
11-15-2009, 13:40
Problem with your router, not with Darkfall.

flysfree
11-15-2009, 14:01
Could also be windows firewall or any that you have on your pc.The connection dropping you are talking about does not sound like a DF issue

Are you running winxp it does have a tendency to do this.

Do you see your friends pc when on his network
tell us what has been tried and checked
what firewalls do you have installed
things like zone alarm even when it is not running.It will still actually run in the back ground and will block things (check task manager)

What Isp are they using.what type of connection

Unfortunetly the information given can only let people troubleshoot to a certain point with out a lot more information.However there are some tips above that i hope helps with seeing what type off information is needed.dont forget to include system specs.

bobii
11-15-2009, 14:14
You don't play games with wireless internets.

Killernoob
11-15-2009, 19:25
You don't play games with wireless internets.

Lol well not all my friends routers are in there room :P or have a 200 ft long cord to bring it upstairs

BUT i some how Fix it by just adding random files in my darkfall client to DEP which idk fixs things lol?

bobii
11-15-2009, 19:33
Lol well not all my friends routers are in there room :P or have a 200 ft long cord to bring it upstairs

BUT i some how Fix it by just adding random files in my darkfall client to DEP which idk fixs things lol?

I normally have 300 ping to australia from europe, but because I downloaded this 1 kb .txt file, my ping is now 5! epic win

Killernoob
11-15-2009, 22:58
I normally have 300 ping to australia from europe, but because I downloaded this 1 kb .txt file, my ping is now 5! epic win

LOL? virus? lmao so does that mean u dont lag wat so ever or its just saying u have 5 ping but really u have 300?

mechsword
11-16-2009, 00:17
wireless internet is fine for games, just check your settings and the the router your computer is using. its not that hard...really

you might have to open some ports?

SeverinCompte
11-16-2009, 17:20
Nah, wireless sucks for gaming. I refuse!

ep1s0d3
11-16-2009, 18:45
Wirless is only good for surfing the internet and dong General work. Sadly due to the topology in wireless networking you can have a host of problems causing this.

Most commonly despite the signal being at its max the waves from the network span outward like a Stone hitting the water. the signal grows outward then eventually fades. but if we stick something in the way you wont have a perfect circle anymore it defracts causing the signal to become choppy, things like table corners thick walls greatly reduce signal quality and not Signal Strength.

so if you are playing with a network that uses wireless try and be in the same room as it if you can.

Killernoob
11-17-2009, 01:16
Well if u guys heard my bpost i said im at my friends houses and i dont think im aloud to go into there router and mess up there ports, and or go by were there router is when they have all there computer stuff in there rooms lol.

But yes i use wired while im at my house cuz its faster :P

syryel
11-17-2009, 01:26
Just to clarify something : your problem has nothing to do with Darkfall. It does not at all interact differently with wireless than any other connexion.

Most often, it was my case in my former appartment, wireless telephones (not the cell) would kill the connexion. Wireless routers can also be unstable for other reasons.

Killernoob
11-17-2009, 01:37
Just to clarify something : your problem has nothing to do with Darkfall. It does not at all interact differently with wireless than any other connexion.

Most often, it was my case in my former appartment, wireless telephones (not the cell) would kill the connexion. Wireless routers can also be unstable for other reasons.

na it was darkfall lmao cuz all i had to do was change some file and it worked on wireless lmao

mechsword
11-17-2009, 04:48
na it was darkfall lmao cuz all i had to do was change some file and it worked on wireless lmao

what files?

Corp-Por
11-17-2009, 08:46
Ok well when i come to my friends house and i try to play darkfall i launch the game then i almost get into the game, then it compelety disconnects my internet and makes me restart my computer just to get my internet back and that happens every time i launch darkfall. So i would like to get help fast, becuase i am always at my friends house and i just resubbed to the game. Would like to play, but this has happend before back in august when i first got the game but never brought it up to support.

Now thats what i said for support 2 days ago and around 10 messages later they should couldnt help me :( does anyone else know how to fix this problem? cuz they want me to go into my friends router and mess with the configuration and or hook a internet cable to the router which if i could do that i would not be using wireless!!!! lol not so easy.........HELP ME

If you're using Vista turn off the Auto option for network managment that may stop the disconnects.