PDA

View Full Version : When The New Expansion Comes Out Will It Bring a Trial?

djfizzle
11-14-2009, 01:41
this game has a pricey tag and i just wanna test it out rather than buy and maybe not like it

vanyok
11-14-2009, 01:44
No it wont and hope never will.

I totally understand why you'd want to test it out but we just don't want any hackers or gold farmers.
I'm sure there must be some altername solutions... maybe even build a separate MIni-agon, a different zone...not sure.

Try Oblivion.
DFO is something like an online version of Oblivion.

neon sheild
11-14-2009, 01:53
I know what you're saying, except there's a flaw in your logic: ANY mmo, besides runescape and guild wars and free mmos, costs about the same (give a take a few dollars or euros). Look at WoW, CoV, CoH, TR (when it was around), Aion, Fallen Earth, STO (when it comes out), and many others i cant think of right now.
While I LOVE df, df is not for everyone, although it does appeal to a large crowd (despite its classification as a niche game). I definitely suggest trying it out, but if you do, wait until after the expansion (you'll get a better feel for the game). Plus, you get one free month with your purchase of the software, so you essentially get to try it out for a month.
A trial probably won't come for awhile, so if you want to try it, just try it after the expansion.

BlueOreo
11-14-2009, 01:54
Please no trials...

The hackers would have a field day. :(

empirical
11-14-2009, 03:07
Yeah the ~£45 is making me hesitate.

Id love to have an option for a two week £10 trial. If i like, i pay the remaining £40 otherwise I will have only lost £10 instead of nearly £50.

Got a feeling most people wouldn't see it that way though. :sly:

AlArmy
11-14-2009, 03:33
$87 for the game and 6 month sub is cheap

equates to $25 for the game and $10 for each month

Just do your research - watch the millions of videos showing gameplay - read the reviews and blogs - and you can either decide you'll like it or not before the investment

Realbigdeal22
11-14-2009, 07:57
Instead of free trial to anyone, they should do like an invite system for the players who both the game. Like each account can invite one player for a trial of 15 days. If the player in trial like the game and decide to buy it, he can him too invite an other player to a trial.

Shrang
11-14-2009, 08:48
Yeah the ~£45 is making me hesitate.

Id love to have an option for a two week £10 trial. If i like, i pay the remaining £40 otherwise I will have only lost £10 instead of nearly £50.

Got a feeling most people wouldn't see it that way though. :sly:

Tbh that would fix half the problem. Which is people just making trial accounts constantly... but the other problem is the the way the game develops over time. The first couple of weeks aren't going to be your most exciting and someone who is just using a trial might stop early while someone who has invested more will see it through till the initial stuff has worn off.