PDA

View Full Version : New server

nazagall
11-12-2009, 20:33
Hi, I think I know the answer to my question but I still have to ask. I wanna start play DF but I feel like Im far behind you all.

Is there gonna come up a new server? Would be soo awsome to start on a fresh new one.

TY!

Threeloves
11-12-2009, 20:35
Nope lol, the two servers that are there already need way more people. Just go play on one of the current servers.

peertje
11-12-2009, 20:36
there is no way going to be a new server.
just start playing join a clan and start playing :) the new expansion will give newbies a better chance too, and leveling up goes quite fast on good pve spawns

empa
11-12-2009, 20:38
Hi, I think I know the answer to my question but I still have to ask. I wanna start play DF but I feel like Im far behind you all.

Is there gonna come up a new server? Would be soo awsome to start on a fresh new one.

TY!

you can get your skills up so high so fast that you soon will be able to play.

w0rm
11-12-2009, 20:41
AV was mentioning that they are thinking about 2nd EU server, but I don't think they thought that population will be a bit lower. While there's new people joining EU-1 every day, there's still space for a lot more players so I wouldn't expect EU-2 any time in next half year at least.

kingkongbanana
11-12-2009, 20:44
that you soon will be able to play.

Thats the shitty part tho. You subscribe to a game and you will be able to actually play it after a month or two.

retrospect
11-12-2009, 20:47
AV will not release another server until one of the ones they have caps out or gets close to it at the least. Opening servers because people feel left behind has been done in before in games and just screws things up in the end as people jump ship from new server to new server leaving dead ones behind them.

Don't worry about a fresh start just hop into the game and get to playing and skilling. While you will have issues 1 vs 1 with powerful characters for a while group combat gives much more leeway to lower power characters.

retrospect
11-12-2009, 20:49
Thats the shitty part tho. You subscribe to a game and you will be able to actually play it after a month or two.

I like it more when day one you are on equal footing with 6+ month old characters. What? Progression? Character advancement? Now your just making up words....

Wyverex
11-12-2009, 20:53
when you play WoW or any other level based game, do you get a max lvl char as soon as you subscribe or do you need to level it to max first?

playing a newbie in darkfall is a lot of fun (at least it was for me), and things only improve as you get higher skills and join a clan ;)
(let's not discuss multiple maxed schools and spell only pvp, hopefuly that will be fixed with the expansion)

Makgyver
11-12-2009, 21:17

like in every other mmo?

shook
11-12-2009, 21:21
This game is still relatively new and hasnt come close to hitting its potential yet, if you subscribe now you will be very advanced compared to all the new players that are bound to join in the near future.

Ighox
11-12-2009, 21:22
like in every other mmo?

Every other MMO wasn't advertised to be a game without levels and a game where you didn't need to grind a lot to catch up.

lanigav
11-12-2009, 21:27
Is this a troll post?! Seriously its an mmoRPG you have to level up; its 3months of WoW before you can even HIT a lvl 80 character then another 3months of farming epics to be able to pray for a chance to compete. This game you will be competitive in 1 and deadly in less than 3. All you have to do is focus on pvp skills. This is an RPG. Hell two good players with 2 weeks focusing on pvp abilities can take down a single guy that has be playing since launch. This isn't even remotely possible in any other game.

paxprobellum
11-12-2009, 21:32
Is this a troll post?! Seriously its an mmoRPG you have to level up; its 3months of WoW before you can even HIT a lvl 80 character then another 3months of farming epics to be able to pray for a chance to compete. This game you will be competitive in 1 and deadly in less than 3. All you have to do is focus on pvp skills. This is an RPG. Hell two good players with 2 weeks focusing on pvp abilities can take down a single guy that has be playing since launch. This isn't even remotely possible in any other game.

Yup, pretty much agree with this guy. You've all been spoiled by the goodness of DF. Even being able to hang out in the same areas as highly-developed characters is a step up from themeparks -- plus there are no artificial restrictions on them helping you get your skills up, craft gear for you, etc.

melipone
11-12-2009, 21:37
Actually it sounds like you guys only ever played themepark wow type games were 90% of your time is spent killing mobs.

Player skill based pvp
No set grinds to be competitive
Sandbox so you aren't forced to play the same char as everyone else.

Thats what the game was advertised at and why hardly anyone plays anymore except a strange breed of wow noob/full loot fan

neon sheild
11-12-2009, 21:45
no theres not. Plus, you feeling far behind is no reason not to play...Any mmo thats been out for more than a month is going to make you feel behind if you start playing...

Narcowski
11-12-2009, 21:46
Actually it sounds like you guys only ever played themepark wow type games were 90% of your time is spent killing mobs.

Player skill based pvp
No set grinds to be competitive
Sandbox so you aren't forced to play the same char as everyone else.

Thats what the game was advertised at and why hardly anyone plays anymore

Actually, it was advertised as a game where player skill would matter as much as character skills. Never was it suggested that only one would be necessary, even back to the earliest developer conversations and Q/A on #darkfall (in 2001!).

Player skill does matter nearly as much as character skills, and a superior player with moderately lower skills can and will best a better character as played by a worse player.

melipone
11-12-2009, 21:57
Actually, it was advertised as a game where player skill would matter as much as character skills. Never was it suggested that only one would be necessary, even back to the earliest developer conversations and Q/A on #darkfall (in 2001!).

Player skill does matter nearly as much as character skills, and a superior player with moderately lower skills can and will best a better character as played by a worse player.

You still need an epic amount of spare time before you can compete against people who press 1,2,3,4,5 and don't even need to aim.

I'd rather just play an FPS since it takes more player skill / tactical thought and I can do that straight away. Fine theres no loot but I have no interest in PVE games..cba with it especially when the pvp is as weak as df is now.

Archery is OK, but the magic spam is ridiculous and the devs have left it like that for months

Akatsuki#1
11-12-2009, 22:25
Every other MMO wasn't advertised to be a game without levels and a game where you didn't need to grind a lot to catch up.

And you don't, needing basic magic skills for survival, the transfers and melee mastery / sharpshooter to do extra damage is hardly a lot of grinding LMAO. Some people are just pathetic, honestly. Give it a rest.

Three days and you can PvP with the best of them if you're good.

You still need an epic amount of spare time before you can compete against people who press 1,2,3,4,5 and don't even need to aim.

You just need to be good at the game. Of course it can take time to become good, but that's the learning curve, not the grind.

melipone
11-12-2009, 22:26
And you don't, needing basic magic skills for survival, the transfers and melee mastery / sharpshooter to do extra damage is hardly a lot of grinding LMAO. Some people are just pathetic, honestly. Give it a rest.

Three days and you can PvP with the best of them if you're good.

You just need to be good at the game. Of course it can take time to become good, but that's the learning curve, not the grind.

Says some noob who spends all his time grinding skills probably :D

Rhavan
11-12-2009, 23:55
no need for a new server. it is very very easy to level up skills in DF now. Saw a guy get elemental magic, 75 archery, 60 gs in about 36 hours.

Realbigdeal22
11-13-2009, 00:32
There will never be more server because even if we hit 10 000 players in one server, the devs stated in a journal that they will then try to add + 10 000 for a max of 20 000 players allowed to enter 1 server or even 50 000 if possible.

RelentlesCoward
11-13-2009, 00:42

TY!

In 4 days I raised at least 4 skills above 50 and one in 80.
You cannot be that far behind if you decide to give a bit more time at the first few days.
Also good gear makes up for the lesser skilled player. You may lose it though but you may find plenty more. It's just a matter of organization and what you are willing to risk.

There will never be more server because even if we hit 10 000 players in one server, the devs stated in a journal that they will then try to add + 10 000 for a max of 20 000 players allowed to enter 1 server or even 50 000 if possible.

This is called a server upgrade.
If you actually take notice of the names of the servers Eu-1, NA-1 for example, it implies that if they have enough people they can add EU-2, EU-3, EU-4 and even some NA-2 :p

no need for a new server. it is very very easy to level up skills in DF now. Saw a guy get elemental magic, 75 archery, 60 gs in about 36 hours.

It is not like a piece of cake though. That guy might had other high skills in case he wanted to defend himself and already found a perfect spot for doing it and also that would need 36 hours playing non stop. But it can be done in lets say 3 to 4 days especially for archery since it's a tinny bit more hard to level it than lets say, magic. Devs promised this will change though after Expansion right?

Pyro Kiddie
11-13-2009, 01:41

takes a few days... damn quicker than say eve for example?

Akatsuki#1
11-13-2009, 01:45
Says some noob who spends all his time grinding skills probably :D

Actually, says somebody that's a competitive PvPer - you are? Some random cry baby like the majority here.

melipone
11-13-2009, 02:13
I'm not gonna grind like a wow nerd for some crap pvp anyway. Just not my kind of game atm. Only liked it up to the point were people were getting high in magic.

xpiher
11-13-2009, 02:15

TY!

There's no need for a 3rd server. Just play teh game and you'll catch up in a month.

Patriota
11-13-2009, 03:10
what o.0 ?

AStormofShadows
11-13-2009, 03:24

The difference is you don't have to grind "a lot" to catch up. other games take much longer to be able to actually compete, whereas df you may not be at top level (whatever that is in this game), but you can at least be a viable opponent especially in group combat, which is what this game is all about.

synder block
11-13-2009, 03:27
This game is still relatively new and hasnt come close to hitting its potential yet, if you subscribe now you will be very advanced compared to all the new players that are bound to join in the near future.

This has been said since day one and STILL this pig cant get enough people to play it.Closing in on it's first year it's hardly new, take off the rose colored glasses and tone down the propaganda Dr. Goebbels.

synder block
11-13-2009, 04:04
The difference is you don't have to grind "a lot" to catch up. other games take much longer to be able to actually compete, whereas df you may not be at top level (whatever that is in this game), but you can at least be a viable opponent especially in group combat, which is what this game is all about.

What a snow storm of shit!!. I see only the rabid gluttons for punishment love this game. No game have I ever played that the grind was so preposterous as this one is.Nor have I seen one that has showcased the grind as this one has because of the lack of content and diversity of challenges. Every game no matter how terrible will have it's fans, this one is no exception. To the OP your basically useless in single combat so be ready to lose on a regular basis with no hope of any victory for a good while.Unless you have a group of friends on with you at all times get ready to feel ineffective and cowardly because you have to run off every time someone comes into view.If you are attracted to excessive difficulty and adversity then your masochistic needs will be more than met.If you think you'll jump and find people to group with, you wont or if you think you will just join a clan and all will be dandy , it wont be.I'll say again join with 5 friends and you'll have fun for a while at least but the other glaring problems with this game will show up in about 3 weeks .Now the cyber geeks will scream troll but there is a simple and logical reason that the subscriptions are low...Buy this game at your own risk of loss of time and money.

Realbigdeal22
11-13-2009, 04:29
What a snow storm of shit!!. I see only the rabid gluttons for punishment love this game. No game have I ever played that the grind was so preposterous as this one is.Nor have I seen one that has showcased the grind as this one has because of the lack of content and diversity of challenges. Every game no matter how terrible will have it's fans, this one is no exception. To the OP your basically useless in single combat so be ready to lose on a regular basis with no hope of any victory for a good while.Unless you have a group of friends on with you at all times get ready to feel ineffective and cowardly because you have to run off every time someone comes into view.If you are attracted to excessive difficulty and adversity then your masochistic needs will be more than met.If you think you'll jump and find people to group with, you wont or if you think you will just join a clan and all will be dandy , it wont be.I'll say again join with 5 friends and you'll have fun for a while at least but the other glaring problems with this game will show up in about 3 weeks .Now the cyber geeks will scream troll but there is a simple and logical reason that the subscriptions are low...Buy this game at your own risk of loss of time and money.

I stopped at No game have I ever played that the grind was so preposterous as this one is.

1st i didnt read your whole wall of text because there is no paragraph. Second, listen to the players that still play the game instead of listening to your own head. DF before was a grind, but there is no more grind today so what they say is not bullshit at all. The new expansion will reduce the grind more about looting on monsters, but they might also be harder to kill.

xpiher
11-13-2009, 05:35

You don't have an account, so stop talking out of your ass. The grind is pretty much no existent anymore. Aion has more grind than dfo.

Mycke
11-13-2009, 05:55
You don't have an account, so stop talking out of your ass. The grind is pretty much no existent anymore. Aion has more grind than dfo.

Well I do have an account an ur full of crap as usual.

Yes the grind is reduced but you cant catch up to people in a month. Ive been playing since May and because of my work situation i can somewhat play most of the day and there are still people way way more powerful and developed than me.

Sure someone can get to the point they can group PvP in month but they sure as hell cant catch up to 1v1 people who have been playing since server launch or even just a few more months than them.

As usual you are just posting to increase your post count with out adding anthing useful to the conversation...

Kalizkhan
11-13-2009, 06:31
This has been said since day one and STILL this pig cant get enough people to play it.Closing in on it's first year it's hardly new, take off the rose colored glasses and tone down the propaganda Dr. Goebbels.

You're an idiot. While a year may seem like a long time to a pre-teen, in a game with a potential life span of 13-15 years or more, DF is just in its infancy. The newest upcoming expansion proves that.

Well I do have an account an ur full of crap as usual.

Yes the grind is reduced but you cant catch up to people in a month. Ive been playing since May and because of my work situation i can somewhat play most of the day and there are still people way way more powerful and developed than me.

Sure someone can get to the point they can group PvP in month but they sure as hell cant catch up to 1v1 people who have been playing since server launch or even just a few more months than them.

As usual you are just posting to increase your post count with out adding anthing useful to the conversation...

You can get 2 ele schools to 50, a weapon and bow to mastery, and if you're in to that thing running and crouch walk to 100 in the first two weeks of play. The hard part is stats. Yes. Your stats will take forfuckingever to get to the level of some of the top pvpers, especially those on/from EU-1. While your stats will make a huge difference early on, as you reach the month and two month part the gap will start to close.

If you have played as much as you've hinted, then you might want to rethink how you spend your time inside the game training your skills up.

Kalizkhan
11-13-2009, 06:37

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are useless as you pertain to Forumfall. Leave.

Azdul
11-13-2009, 08:42

You can play and enjoy DF since the very first day.

Goblin shields and mana missiles are powerful weapons if you know what you're doing.

There is nothing more fun than seeing PK killed on goblin spawn :D

I'm sure current top PvP guilds could reroll, create new characters and still own anyone assuming that it's 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1.

Makgyver
11-13-2009, 09:03

I'd rather just play an FPS since it takes more player skill / tactical thought and I can do that straight away. Fine theres no loot but I have no interest in PVE games..cba with it especially when the pvp is as weak as df is now.

Archery is OK, but the magic spam is ridiculous and the devs have left it like that for months

imagine in WoW, you're level 1 and you get really pissed that a full epic lvl 80 kills you easily? Id call you a complete idiot

Numz dePimche
11-13-2009, 09:58
But that's not WoW Makgyver, don't be stupid. Being able to circle through 90/100's nukes is not balanced at all, neither for mage/archer/war, nor for noob/vet. And that's why Devs stated they would add a GCD on these spells in next expansion.

Nelson Piquet
11-13-2009, 10:13
Don't worry... theres still a fresh start avaiable for you...

A fresh start of ganks you gonna get LOL

Don't worry about others being too far from you in stats you will catch them up when they quit the game. :ohno:

Gortha
11-13-2009, 10:13

TY!

Its like in every other MMO. For example Lineage2.

If u start month later there are a few lvl 70, more lvl 60+ and even more lvl 50+.
Everyone is stronger. But u can catch up in just a few months 1 to 3.

Here in Darkfall, with intensive and focused skilling on the important skills and
spells you are group pvp ready in 1 to 2 weeks.

Find a decent clan.

Regards
Gortha

melipone
11-15-2009, 13:57
imagine in WoW, you're level 1 and you get really pissed that a full epic lvl 80 kills you easily? Id call you a complete idiot

Imagine DF not being a level based game, you know as it was advertised. Thats exactly my point - DF is a cheap level grinder with lame pvp

GO BACK TO WOW LOLOL oh wait, no stay here its just the same but the pvp takes less skill

Banok
11-15-2009, 15:13
there will never be a new server.

kazamx
11-15-2009, 16:10
GO BACK TO WOW LOLOL oh wait, no stay here its just the same but the pvp takes less skill

honestly, you think WOW PvP takes more skill than DF PvP? Even with someone just using AOE nukes its still harder than wow.

kdchan
11-15-2009, 17:18
Well i think the grind should be reduced for melee and archery too, similar to magic. I don't know why they make 6x speed magic and melee/archery only 3x, this make no sense for me. This 6x promote more magic in the game, and we know the spam of rotating aoes and nukes is ruining this game. Also i think they should boost the stats because they promise scroll drop for make 0-50 fast but they never put in these scrolls in the game. :|
Anyone see these scrolls? Never see it.

Devs, make archery and melee 6x too and adding stats boost.

TNoD
11-15-2009, 17:21
new server is dumb.

they should merge both servers on NA- east coast... euros would get 100-150 ping
West coast would get 80-100

decent for everyone, and higher population

Zeraphine
11-15-2009, 17:47
they should merge both servers on NA- east coast... euros would get 100-150 ping
West coast would get 80-100

Its fine as it is now. I dont like fights here in Germany 4 am in the morning, because the US has different time zone!