PDA

View Full Version : Fansite: Darkfall Price Exchange

smr8465
11-12-2009, 00:08
Hello all!

I'm currently testing a new site that I created to help players on both servers get a better handle on item prices. This site works very semilarly to the way the commonly used Darkfall Political Map is.

The players suggest prices for in-game items and if enough suggestions are posted within an acceptable price range, the average of these suggestions is added to the list for that item.

-----Update--------

www.DarkfallPrices.com Is now active for this site! :D

--------------------

Feedback is welcome

Laxe
11-12-2009, 00:34
dont see a need, since i remember all prices i see in trade

smr8465
11-12-2009, 00:43
I can only speak for myself when I say that I have not been blessed with your amazing memory. :P This is also a great tool for new players and the way it is implemented allows for an ever changing server economy. The price you have remembered from last week may have changed this week :)

ninogan
11-12-2009, 00:56
It's a nice initiative and for that you deserve a thank you post.

Thank you.

I don't know if i'll use it though. Maybe. I'm lazy. It is a nice thought though.

Temko Firewing
11-12-2009, 01:12
thanks for the initiative, but most of us like the "fluid" prices and day-to-day process that goes into it.

smr8465
11-12-2009, 01:51
Just to clarify, this site is a means for players to at least get a good solid idea of what something is worth (in a dynamic manor). This site doesn't completely remove the need to consult the trade channel and work the market, it is simply 1 tool among many.

smr8465
11-12-2009, 15:30
Got a great start! Need more people to contribute item price suggestions though :D Thanks everyone who has contributed so far!

Bladra
11-12-2009, 15:46
Great site, Needs to be Stickied/a list of ingame items produced so we can work with it.

How does one go about suggesting a price change and adding items?

Banok
11-12-2009, 16:05
cool idea +sticky vote

peertje
11-12-2009, 16:09
cool idea.

smr8465
11-12-2009, 17:03
For both suggesting a price change and adding new items you can use the Suggest Item Price form for your respective server.

[Main Page]>
(Click appropriate server)>
(You can review current listed prices)>
(Click "Suggest Item Price")>
Submit new price suggestions and suggest price updates all in the same form.

All of the suggestions get filtered so people can't throw off the numbers with crazy number entries. Thanks for checkin it out! Keep in mind this is a player driven tool and as such will only really become an asset if the players contribute with price suggestions :) Thanks again!

Edit:

I just wanted to add that price suggestions will sit in the "Pending Suggestions" view until multiple consistent suggestions are posted confirming the suggestion :) Once the site receives an adequate sample of prices within an acceptable range, the average of suggested prices is added to the main price list.

Also, if you see a price that you feel is High or Low, simply add a suggestion of your own for that item to get it changed :)

MrDDT
11-12-2009, 17:17
Good idea but I dont see it working right at all.

Its very hard to put items in, the list of items would be HUGE, it doesnt sort them well. Prices very greatly.

Do you put in the avg price or the price you are selling at yourself or the price you are buying at?

The reason why the market works like it does in DF because believe it or not the econ is LOCAL.

Alfar might be 10g for ore, while Human is 5g for ore.
In the morning it might be 4g but prime time at night ore goes back up to like 8g+

I dont see this tool being used plus its not updated with what people are really selling just prices.

You would also need to tag each item with who did it all the time because then you could believe someones prices over another, then people would just be looking for those people's prices and not really others because they wouldnt know what to believe.

Works better in game IMO. You do a PC in trade and you get your current price right away. Ive found MOST people give lower then the price its really being sold at when they do PC. You ask them if they are selling they say no but they gave a price thats its near just low.

The prices are set by the buyer and seller. If you are NOT sellig or buying your say in prices is worthless.

smr8465
11-12-2009, 17:29
This site works only in averages. This site is by no means a place to go the get the "Definite Static end-all price" of an item. This site is a fluid platform for players to continually reference to get a ball park idea of what something is worth. Especially when I first started, I felt completely vulnerable when trading with others because I had no clue what things where worth. With this site, players can get a snapshot of an items price and subsequently be less likely to get screwed :P

No one is going to be alt-tabbed to this site and say "Hey, your price is 5g more than DarkfallPrices.com!!! No Wai!!!"

Just look at this as a tool for players to be slightly more informed when trading items they are not particularly familiar with the market value on.

Every Darkfall member will most likely not need this site. If you are intimately familiar with your servers going prices, then you will most likely never need this site; However, you would be a perfect candidate to contribute to it! :)

Lastly, all items are sorted by item name.... shouldn't be too hard to find at all :)

Lumanil
11-12-2009, 17:37
The prices are set by the buyer and seller. If you are NOT sellig or buying your say in prices is worthless.

And THIS is, what you should fill in the suggestion form. The price you got or payed for an item last time.

Drasked
11-12-2009, 17:52
Nice site, very slick looking, i will give it a try.

MrDDT
11-12-2009, 18:01
This site works only in averages. This site is by no means a place to go the get the "Definite Static end-all price" of an item. This site is a fluid platform for players to continually reference to get a ball park idea of what something is worth. Especially when I first started, I felt completely vulnerable when trading with others because I had no clue what things where worth. With this site, players can get a snapshot of an items price and subsequently be less likely to get screwed :P

No one is going to be alt-tabbed to this site and say "Hey, your price is 5g more than DarkfallPrices.com!!! No Wai!!!"

Just look at this as a tool for players to be slightly more informed when trading items they are not particularly familiar with the market value on.

Every Darkfall member will most likely not need this site. If you are intimately familiar with your servers going prices, then you will most likely never need this site; However, you would be a perfect candidate to contribute to it! :)

Lastly, all items are sorted by item name.... shouldn't be too hard to find at all :)

You already have people putting Ingots as Ore or listing them as other crafting mats.

On top of that people DO in game say "No way I saw it going for 10g last night you are way to high at 12g you are crazy"

So why do you think that people wont say or do that with this (if it were to ever be even remotely used which I doubt because its way to hard and too much work.)

Plus how do I change a price I posted like 3 days ago? Or a week ago?

smr8465
11-12-2009, 18:17
Ingots could fit into either of those 2 categories....no big deal, I filter all the suggestions and make sure they are tallied and listed appropriately.

As I said before, this site is a means to get a good idea of item worth, if you want to split hairs over a few gold between a potential buyer/seller and this site, thats on you :P

I would have to respectfully disagree about the site being too much work. There is only ever ONE place that you enter information, and the site does the rest.

As was mentioned before, If you think a currently listed item price is not accurate (even if you made a prior suggestion on that price a couple days ago). simply make a new price suggestion. Its that easy...

Noone is making anyone use the site. If you feel its to much work to go to the site and look on a list and/or fill out a few boxes of info to add an item. This site is probably not for you :P

MrDDT
11-12-2009, 18:59
You are right its not for me. I guess I just do too much trading to worry about filling "a few" boxes on like 1000 items. Each time the prices changes.

Yes a few gold on something like iron ore is huge when you are selling 1000s.
Plus I would LOVE to see items like Villa Deeds or other scrolls or enchanted weapons or Sithras. Im pretty sure on those its not going to be a few gold.

Good luck with it, I mean if you dont want to believe me thats fine but its clear to me that you dont really want to hear that its not going to work in the current system.

Someone said that you can list what you bought it at or sold it at. I think that way would be MUCH better. Because you would get real prices and dates of those prices and the amount sold or bought.

Pyrostasis
11-12-2009, 19:06
Nice site, Ill add it to DFONews.com links

Signus
11-12-2009, 19:45
Useful, gonna bookmark it. Thanks!

smr8465
11-12-2009, 20:12
Thanks to everyone that has posted price suggestions so far! Keep em comin! :)

fatgit
11-12-2009, 20:18
I think average buy and sell prices would work much better, rather than "average price", that way people get a better overall picture of the market, you can even graph prices as that shouldn't be too hard.

smr8465
11-12-2009, 23:29
I think average buy and sell prices would work much better, rather than "average price", that way people get a better overall picture of the market, you can even graph prices as that shouldn't be too hard.

Thats already the way it works. The "Average Suggested Price" is the average of the prices the players have submited for each respective item. So if you just sold an item for 200g and submit that to the site, that gets factored in.

As for graphs and stuff, there are a bunch of improvements planned for the site, so stay tuned! :)

Temko Firewing
11-13-2009, 14:29
it wont work for the simpelest of all reasons:

prices fluxuate not just by time of day, but trade chat as well (i get a lot more gold for wood in alfar trade then in elf)

Caaahl
11-13-2009, 15:13
I like it.

For people like me with a memory like a sieve it may be a good rough basis.

smr8465
11-13-2009, 16:24
it wont work for the simpelest of all reasons:

prices fluxuate not just by time of day, but trade chat as well (i get a lot more gold for wood in alfar trade then in elf)

Absolutely there are variations in how much people buy/sell things for...but this still offers a base price for people to work with. Also, every item on the site shows how many player suggestions where used to come to that number, so the higher the contribution count, the more likely its a solid and accurate price.

Keep the price suggestions coming, the EU side has been very active! Thanks!

smr8465
11-14-2009, 02:13
The site is growing every day! Ive already used it myself on atleast one occasion. :D

smr8465
11-17-2009, 11:41
Any chance of getting this stickied? :)

Leg enD
11-17-2009, 12:10
good stuff.

tbh a price range rather than the average would be better?

e.g
catalysts 50g-100g
simple mount 150g-300g
rare ores 300g-500g
wood 8g-12g

smootrok
11-17-2009, 12:59
I would change the name Price Suggestions to something that has sell it to NPC in it