PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to fix chat

t527966
11-11-2009, 18:34
Being able to "stack" the chats upon eachother would help a great deal. You would be able to see all the chats at once.

PS:
posting here since I cba to link my acc.

Realbigdeal22
11-11-2009, 18:40
Flauting text is what DF need. MO is FPV for the whole game and you dont have any problem to see players flauting texts over their heads.

In DF while you are in the guild chat or party chat, once you see a flauting text in front of your screen, you would instantally click on all chat section to see what you missed. Or you could simply stay in party or guild chat and get use to read other players flauting text instead of none stop looking at your chat window like you use to do on MSN.

lanigav
11-11-2009, 20:08
They just need to release an API for the UI so we can make our own chat filters and schema, they will never please everyone and frankly I want the devs spending their time on real issues not the UI.

Orolt Lifebring
11-11-2009, 20:10
PS:

Even though your suggestion doesn't seem "trollish", i believe you're posting here cos you don't have an account -.-

lanigav
11-11-2009, 20:12
Even though your suggestion doesn't seem "trollish", i believe you're posting here cos you don't have an account -.-

Why would a troll or non-player post something asking for the chat UI to get fixed... what a pathetic existence to "play" a game through youtube then post on the forums as though you are an actual player.

RelentlesCoward
11-11-2009, 20:58
The OP (original poster) made some nice suggestions.

Both following responses were totally out of context.
The small age of posters usually is not a problem in forums, you can have meaningful and insightful discussions. However I keep seeing a continuous decay in meaningful responses or responses that have actually something to do with what the original poster intended. There is only ONE WAY that this can be fixed and that is called STRICT FORUM MODERATION.
Irrelevant responses should be removed with a warning.
Unfortunately this has to be done since the Darkfall forums are the vital and primary instrument of communications between the company and the player base and between players themselves. Apart from that IS THE ONLY SOURCE NON PLAYERS HAVE TO GET INTRODUCED WITH DARKFALL PRIOR BUYING IT.

Be serious when posting, be precise. Have a damn point. Thousands are watching you and judge accordingly about the status of your intellect and or intelligence. (if you have any)

Simply put, the current state of Darkfall forums IS BAD FOR DARKFALL.
Thank you. :)

xpiher
11-11-2009, 21:16
Being able to "stack" the chats upon eachother would help a great deal. You would be able to see all the chats at once.

PS:

They should also fix assigning importance to tabs. You can go in and make tabs 1 of 3 different colors, too bad all tabs are low priority

MortalZero
11-11-2009, 21:34
easy fix. If someone chats to you (private message) the chat-tab appears in the center of the screen buzzing you so you are alarmed and then its on on you to dock it or move it somewhere else or whatever..

lanigav
11-11-2009, 21:44
The OP (original poster) made some nice suggestions.

Both following responses were totally out of context.
The small age of posters usually is not a problem in forums, you can have meaningful and insightful discussions. However I keep seeing a continuous decay in meaningful responses or responses that have actually something to do with what the original poster intended. There is only ONE WAY that this can be fixed and that is called STRICT FORUM MODERATION.
Irrelevant responses should be removed with a warning.
Unfortunately this has to be done since the Darkfall forums are the vital and primary instrument of communications between the company and the player base and between players themselves. Apart from that IS THE ONLY SOURCE NON PLAYERS HAVE TO GET INTRODUCED WITH DARKFALL PRIOR BUYING IT.

Be serious when posting, be precise. Have a damn point. Thousands are watching you and judge accordingly about the status of your intellect and or intelligence. (if you have any)

Simply put, the current state of Darkfall forums IS BAD FOR DARKFALL.
Thank you. :)
How the hell is suggesting that a public API for the DF community to use not related to the OP. He asked that the devs make changes to the UI, and he's right changes do need to be made. I suggested instead of trying to address all of the changes needed plus add the customization options to the UI that they instead let us do it much like WoW did. Would you rather the devs spend their time on prettying up the UI or actually working on content and game mechanics...

Furthermore, the first response was also on topic, he asked for some changes and the first response was a possible alternative fix for the same problem, go troll another game's forum.

And funny how ironic your post is....

RelentlesCoward
11-12-2009, 02:34
That is because I was reading another topic (with the usual crappy answers and senseless drivel) and had something away from my pc and came back and had the 3d and 4th posts in front of me while i was typing a relevant response.
So you are right and I am wrong, but unfortunately calling names in a discussion moots your points really.
I am in general very disappointed by this forum community and your reply surely didn't made it better and I hope something will be done eventually.
Remember others non players might be watching this space too. Why should they feel so compelled to be a part of Darkfall? So you or anyone else can call them names? lol

I am pro bubble chat but with a way to turn it on or off and a better ease of use of the chat tabs. Not everyone wishes to use ventrilo or similar all the time.
Bubbles can be very handy if no one uses ventrilo and doesn't want to check the chat tabs all the time which is a pain in the arse since the ui chat feels somehow clunky.

spicrmus
11-12-2009, 03:56
I accept with information:In DF while you are in the guild chat or party chat, once you see a flauting text in front of your screen, you would instantally click on all chat section to see what you missed.

Orolt Lifebring
11-12-2009, 09:05
I accept with information:In DF while you are in the guild chat or party chat, once you see a flauting text in front of your screen, you would instantally click on all chat section to see what you missed.

These bots are getting intelligent.

RedrumsSam
11-12-2009, 09:35
These bots are getting intelligent.

intelligent enough to fake spelling errors? flauting or however he tried miserably to spell floating over and over again..... and this bot has 3000 posts!!! I think that if people are going to use the english language they could, at the very least, learn to spell. :bang:

lanigav
11-12-2009, 16:19
That is because I was ...

Fair enough I edited my reply to you, sorry for the name calling. I was a little ticked that you attacked the entire community (and continue to do so) with a post that was off topic and guilty of the same crimes for which you were accusing us.

Signus
11-12-2009, 16:55

PS:

I've been suggesting this constantly over the past several months. I don't know if anyone heard it, but its been put out there. Then the threads usually get hijacked by some people hell bent on this weird crusade for floating text, they don't seem to be able to understand that fixing the base chat window takes much much greater precedence over floating chat bubbles, and that chat bubbles would not fix the problem but extend it.