PDA

View Full Version : Darkfall alignment system does a bad job of protecting races from attacking same race

Legatosoren
11-11-2009, 05:44
The only reason why I can't kill this blue guy is because he's in my clan.

Kalizkhan
11-11-2009, 06:36
It'd be okay if you revived him afterwards.

doomahx
11-11-2009, 13:49
There isn't supposed to be protection, only a deterrent.

It's the same IRL. You don't have magical protection from being killed, the only thing protecting you is law.. which can be gotten around.

Nudalus
11-11-2009, 16:27
I can kill anybody anywhere (pretty much) anytime.

If you don't like it there are other RvR games out there.

Boldric
11-11-2009, 17:03
The only reason why I can't kill this blue guy is because he's in my clan.

I kill people in my clan all the time....

Realbigdeal22
11-11-2009, 18:35
There isn't supposed to be protection, only a deterrent.

It's the same IRL. You don't have magical protection from being killed, the only thing protecting you is law.. which can be gotten around.

There is no law in DF between alignments. Only reds and blue. Reds cant do quests and get attacked by capitcal cities. Nothing else so dont try to compar it with real life.

GRCPan
11-11-2009, 18:50
Well the alignment system failed, that's why there is no RvR in the game and every clan is ARAC.
You will just have to live with it and just PvP with anyone instead of fighting only enemy races.

At least alfars have a goblin spawn in guard tower range, so our newbies are protected and grief each other :D

doomahx
11-11-2009, 19:15
There is no law in DF between alignments. Only reds and blue. Reds cant do quests and get attacked by capitcal cities. Nothing else so dont try to compar it with real life.

I wasn't saying there was law in DF, I was simple showing an example of a detterent that happens to exist in RL. It is the same in DF, there is no magical barrier to stop people from killing each other, only deterrents.

lanigav
11-11-2009, 20:11
OP is right though the deterrents do not outweigh the gains from killing your own race, it is HELLA easy to get back to blue, and there are NO incentives what so ever to stay blue.

I think we should be limited to one positive alignment point every 30 mins or so.

Lord Zeb
11-11-2009, 20:47
Alignment system is broken.

What is needed to fix it is in Poll: Alignment Changes & Race Wars! (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=206647)

Imrys
11-12-2009, 05:08
Well the alignment system failed, that's why there is no RvR in the game and every clan is ARAC.
You will just have to live with it and just PvP with anyone instead of fighting only enemy races.

At least alfars have a goblin spawn in guard tower range, so our newbies are protected and grief each other :D

Actually, not EVERY clan is ARAC. I can think of specifically one clan on EU-1 that is limited to 1 race only.

But yeah, most are ARAC, and there is almost a penalty to NON-ARAC guilds in that you dont have access to anything from other races cept through alliance / alts.