PDA

View Full Version : Question: Getting started

ajappat
11-10-2009, 21:46
Hello. I've been lurking here for some time and now I tought that maybe I could buy this game. I just have one question. How long will it take to "get in" this game. Is it like my first wow character whitch took about 3 months to get lvl60 :bang:. I know theres no levels but I mean how long will it take to get decent character.

Kalizkhan
11-10-2009, 21:52
With the skill gains increase on mobs, you could have a 'decent' character in the first week of play. But to have a competitive character, it could take you months. Not because getting skills is hard, but because raising your base stats takes a long ass time.

lanigav
11-10-2009, 21:54
Casual gameplay will get you competitive in around 3-4 weeks. Obviously you will still be getting rolled quite a bit, but in 3-4 weeks you can have your necessary magic and decent melee skills. Join a guild and stay focused on skill gains, don't get distracted trying to PK people or travelling or gathering etc....

stats (more life) are hard to raise but really play a secondary role to skills, if you have a buddy with you, decent magic, and don't suck at the game; you can take down a Vet no problem.

ajappat
11-10-2009, 21:57
Thats kinda what I wanted to hear. Cya ingame in few weeks :).

Azdul
11-10-2009, 22:16
In the beginning you'll be doing 3 times less damage and have 2 times less hitpoints than veterans.

After "skill gain patch" time to get "good" character skills for PvP was reduced from 6 months to 2 months.

Next expansion - going live this month - will reduce this time even further, to about 3 weeks. (Archery is very easy to level up).

It doesn't mean that you'll be able to win most of the fights after 3 weeks - you'll just get few essential character skills. You'll still have A LOT to learn how to use them :D