PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Experience

dranael
11-09-2009, 18:24
I recently switched over from EU to NA and I have no real evidence of population differences from either server. However, my time spent on EU in the last few months I have had trouble finding people. I could still find people but I had to put a lot of effort into it and travel great distances and hoping players cities wouldn’t be ghost towns.

My time spent on NA this weekend was quite different. The alliance chat is FULL of people asking questions like “How do I chop wood”. I have been trying to do the simplest quests because I am now blue again. I get attacked about every 20 minutes and am running across players all over the place.

Of course this is transfer weekend but I really don’t think most of these people are transfers. Especially the ones in race chat asking all the noob questions again.

Hagz
11-09-2009, 18:33
I know how to chop wood. But how do you fish?

Reckin Crew
11-09-2009, 18:36
get a fishing pole...

should be in game myself on NA-1 tomorrow.....just finished the transfer on the account page.

Ruyn
11-09-2009, 18:51
The transfer experience is very smooth.

Xandar464
11-09-2009, 18:52
I recently switched over from EU to NA and I have no real evidence of population differences from either server. However, my time spent on EU in the last few months I have had trouble finding people. I could still find people but I had to put a lot of effort into it and travel great distances and hoping players cities wouldn’t be ghost towns.

My time spent on NA this weekend was quite different. The alliance chat is FULL of people asking questions like “How do I chop wood”. I have been trying to do the simplest quests because I am now blue again. I get attacked about every 20 minutes and am running across players all over the place.

Of course this is transfer weekend but I really don’t think most of these people are transfers. Especially the ones in race chat asking all the noob questions again.

You do realise people on both servers play during different time zones ?

Esudar
11-09-2009, 18:57
You do realise people on both servers play during different time zones ?

guy from eu switching to na will meet even less players during his playtime than on eu server.

DriftingJoint
11-09-2009, 19:02
guy from eu switching to na will meet even less players during his playtime than on eu server.

Not at all true, on EU at my primetime you could do one of 4 things.

1. Go to Dagnamyr and get zerged.
2. Go to Cairn and kill people macroing in a dungeon, get bored and log off.
3. Go to Ysaam and raid talpec for a zerg, then they stop living in Talpec.
4. Kill mobs.

So far on NA at any time I've been online I run for 10 minutes, find a group of people either looking for PvP, raiding cities or killing mobs. I'm yet to run 30 minutes straight and not find PvP, even at EU prime time on the NA server.

Server is the bomb.

Falesh
11-09-2009, 20:21
Since the transfers PvP on EU has been great. Niff and Yssam are both very divers with multiple alliances and independents living there, Ruby has started to open up too. The dust is starting to settle and things look like they are moving in the direction of more smaller alliances as well as guilds who are staying independent.

EU-1 really stagnated when they gave the time table on transfers as all the US guys started grinding grinding grinding and the EU guys got kinda swept along with that too. Now it is over things are getting back to being fun.

Unholywarrior
11-09-2009, 20:27
The transfer experience is very smooth.

i trasfered my brothers toon over just fine
mine did not go over yet and has been over 3 days.at first they tryed to tell me it was my fault but now they know it is on there side and have yet to figure out what to do.i asked them to put my toon back on eu so i could try to retrasfer it no word back yet.

Ruyn
11-09-2009, 21:00
i trasfered my brothers toon over just fine
mine did not go over yet and has been over 3 days.at first they tryed to tell me it was my fault but now they know it is on there side and have yet to figure out what to do.i asked them to put my toon back on eu so i could try to retrasfer it no word back yet.

That sucks, sorry to hear.

Jawsome
11-10-2009, 05:53
lol

Chris Windblade
11-10-2009, 06:08

I am unsure you even played this game even when i didn't want to be found i ran into people. i xfered from eu as well there and here i can tell a pretty good difference as far as pop even the starter cities have 10 15 people in them not just one or two of them but all the starter cities for alfar.

even on eu when a lot of people quit i had pvp at least once a hr sometimes nonstop. I think some people just want it to come to them or never leave there city or alliance area that has some one attackable.

Dragoon
11-10-2009, 12:26
The EU server is pretty dead at all hours of the day, including EU hours. Even the EU server forums are dead ever since the transfers.

Zevy
11-10-2009, 12:43
The EU server is pretty dead at all hours of the day, including EU hours. Even the EU server forums are dead ever since the transfers.

thats just not true, maybe when you are sitting in a starter town and not going out anywhere....

there is still plenty going on when you want it and know where people hang out.

just yesterday there was an epic siege at seelie. and afterwards we sailed back to our hamlet and ran into 5 random victims on their raft. the poor guys didnt knew that there was a siege going because 2 other sieges been going at the same time (so 3 sieges on EU...tell me about inactive...lol)

Temko Firewing
11-10-2009, 12:47
EU is "dead-ish". we got ~4-5k actives total, but plenty of new players arriving by the day.

my new clan just recuited 10 players all active for less then 3 weeks.

Akatsuki#1
11-10-2009, 12:50
EU is "dead-ish". we got ~4-5k actives total, but plenty of new players arriving by the day.

my new clan just recuited 10 players all active for less then 3 weeks.

I wouldn't call it "dead-ish" as such. Sure the population could be a lot better, but it looks like it's finally starting to pick up. Transfers haven't created much of a decline at all as many of the players that were planning to transfer just laid low for the past months.

Dragoon
11-10-2009, 13:06
thats just not true, maybe when you are sitting in a starter town and not going out anywhere....

The starter towns are empty.

If you know what mob camps to go to you can find people farming, and certain cities are active but the server is pretty dead.

If you're a PvP'er who logs in, gets on a mount, and plays for 4 hours expecting constant PvP from different people/clans then you're going to be disappointed. But if you're a casual who logs on and wants to farm then you'll probably think the population is fine. Especially if you just hang-out in an occupied player city crafting.

Drago Palmas
11-10-2009, 13:21

He lies, its a sport if your from NA.

Few month ago he was complaining NA server is dead. http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=204163
I think he was wrong back then as well.

NA has slightly less players than EU. We discuss this in this thread:
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=220064

No need to let the trolls participate. Whiners like Dragoon are enough.

Akatsuki#1
11-10-2009, 13:34

It doesn't take long to figure out that hunting goblins isn't the most effective means to an end.

Falesh
11-10-2009, 13:41
If you are a PvPer then check out the islands, the center of the map, the area around Dag and Aradoth with it's great mob spawns. Don't check out the starter towns. :p

Dragoon
11-10-2009, 13:50
Few month ago he was complaining NA server is dead.

Because a few months ago it was dead. I'm not going to lie about a server being active when it's clearly dead, unlike you clowns.

If someone has to go to some specific place an hour or more away just to find other people then clearly the server is dead. I see a scrub in this very thread whose 4 man clan did NOTHING but roam around one spot of the map trying to kill PvE farmers from a neighboring city. Sure, if that's what you want to do then good for you but people who actively roam Agon looking for fights against competitive clans will be disappointed because they'll have to travel for hours just to find PvP.

And about the retards talking about starter towns, do you simply not know how to read or being intentionally stupid?

Temko Firewing
11-10-2009, 13:54
I wouldn't call it "dead-ish" as such. Sure the population could be a lot better, but it looks like it's finally starting to pick up. Transfers haven't created much of a decline at all as many of the players that were planning to transfer just laid low for the past months.

i agree the transfer has not had much of a impact on EU primetime. sure, i can now actually find ore when i wake up in the city mine now that NA is gone.

but when a server goes from 20-30k users to 4-5k i feel the work "deah-ish" fits it perfectly. we can only hope new players joining fill er up in a good timeperiod.

Akatsuki#1
11-10-2009, 13:56
Because a few months ago it was dead. I'm not going to lie about a server being active when it's clearly dead, unlike you clowns.

If someone has to go to some specific place an hour or more away just to find other people then clearly the server is dead. I see a scrub in this very thread whose 4 man clan did NOTHING but roam around one spot of the map trying to kill PvE farmers from a neighboring city. Sure, if that's what you want to do then good for you but people who actively roam Agon looking for fights against competitive clans will be disappointed because they'll have to travel for hours just to find PvP.

And about the retards talking about starter towns, do you simply not know how to read or being intentionally stupid?

Classic, such a scrub 4 man clan that obviously left a lasting impression.

Falesh
11-10-2009, 13:58
If someone has to go to some specific place an hour or more away just to find other people then clearly the server is dead.
All four islands added to the area around the center of the map as well as the other PvP hot spots adds up to a huge amount of the map. If you want to stay in some place that happens to be deserted then be prepared to be called out when you cry about a dead server.

but when a server goes from 20-30k users to 4-5k i feel the work "deah-ish" fits it perfectly.
Where the hell did you get those figures?

Akatsuki#1
11-10-2009, 14:01
All four islands added to the area around the center of the map as well as the other PvP hot spots adds up to a huge amount of the map. If you want to stay in some place that happens to be deserted then be prepared to be called out when you cry about a dead server.

Pretty blatant who this Dragoon guy rolled with, he likely spent the majority of his time in-game floating around under the world macroing. Of course, whilst doing this he was on his laptop trying his hardest to be an annoying little anti-EU troll, longing for the day when his bank would run out and he could transfer.

Dragoon
11-10-2009, 16:52
Pretty blatant who this Dragoon guy rolled with, he likely spent the majority of his time in-game floating around under the world macroing. Of course, whilst doing this he was on his laptop trying his hardest to be an annoying little anti-EU troll, longing for the day when his bank would run out and he could transfer.

Why would I have been anti-EU? Is it because the server was a barren wasteland? Yup. And yeah, no secret who I 'rolled with'. Also no secret that your crew sucked and did nothing but attack PvE'ers 4v1 until you grew bored and quit the game for Aion complaining that the server was dead. Now you come back and act like it's awesome, hypocrite much?

All four islands added to the area around the center of the map as well as the other PvP hot spots adds up to a huge amount of the map.

FALSE. I lived in the center of the map for months on EU. The only people there were us and the occasional scrubs who stopped by to try to kill our PvE'ers. When we wanted PvP we had to travel for HOURS to fight people.

You're a carebear crafter who farm trolls all day and sits in your alliances capital city and therefore you think the population is healthy. I can hang-out in a player city with 50 other people but if I have to travel for hours to find healthy PvP then the population is horrible.

Akatsuki#1
11-10-2009, 16:57
Why would I have been anti-EU? Is it because the server was a barren wasteland? Yup. And yeah, no secret who I 'rolled with'. Also no secret that your crew sucked and did nothing but attack PvE'ers 4v1 until you grew bored and quit the game for Aion complaining that the server was dead. Now you come back and act like it's awesome, hypocrite much?

lol, I love your lies. We owned the best you guys had to throw at us.

Falesh
11-10-2009, 17:33
You're a carebear crafter who farm trolls all day and sits in your alliances capital city and therefore you think the population is healthy. I can hang-out in a player city with 50 other people but if I have to travel for hours to find healthy PvP then the population is horrible.

rofl, I've been full red alignment living in player cities since not long after the server started.

Drasked
11-10-2009, 17:50
Could someone point out a good spawn on the EU server that is "dead", i need to farm some gold without getting bothered. :eek:

DwellerBelow
11-10-2009, 18:12

If you know what mob camps to go to you can find people farming, and certain cities are active but the server is pretty dead.

If you're a PvP'er who logs in, gets on a mount, and plays for 4 hours expecting constant PvP from different people/clans then you're going to be disappointed. But if you're a casual who logs on and wants to farm then you'll probably think the population is fine. Especially if you just hang-out in an occupied player city crafting.

Um, no.

I hooked up a newb and a few new players with some basic gear, and they went to farm goblins and got ganked about that fast.

Newb towns can be anywhere from dead to bank gank, depending on the hour and luck.

Unholywarrior
11-10-2009, 18:30
That sucks, sorry to hear.

still my charature has not made it to na1 about 5 days now

they havnt emailed me back in 20 hrs to update me either

i am not the only one with the problem of a lost toon on transfer