PDA

View Full Version : Race Change

dranael
11-09-2009, 18:00
This is to all the people asking for a race change upon expansion due to the racial abilities.

You are all morons.

I chose my race based on what the racial abilities were sapose to be on launch. Of course they are going to add these abilities in later.

You should have chose your race based on what you wanted as their proposed racials. If you didnt do the research then thats not Aventurines fault. Deal with your choice or reroll.

Klent Torres
11-09-2009, 18:02
I chose my race based on what the racial abilities were supposed to be on launch. Of course they are going to add these abilities in later.

/Fixed

and I agree

tenford
11-09-2009, 18:03
agreed

Cloud Stryphe
11-09-2009, 18:04
There is already a race change in game... delete your character and reroll.

Makgyver
11-09-2009, 18:05

yep, that's what I did

Amishh
11-09-2009, 18:12
yep, that's what I did

real mcgyver would never reroll

thedrumchannell
11-09-2009, 18:13

Agree with OP. The race change ability has even been in there since launch. :D

vanyok
11-09-2009, 18:22
...What OP said.

Hagz
11-09-2009, 18:32
i want a race change

dranael
11-09-2009, 18:42
i want a race change

Why? did you want to become a bad ass spell caster and roll an ork?

Hagz
11-10-2009, 04:02
Why? did you want to become a bad ass spell caster and roll an ork?

No i wanna be a snake.

screw loose
11-10-2009, 04:14
For all of you that have only played this game since they made it 6x easier, i don't think you understand how much time and effort those of us that have been playing for a long time have put in.

Re-rolling is not an option.

Kalizkhan
11-10-2009, 05:26
real mcgyver would never reroll

Kalizkhan
11-10-2009, 05:26
For all of you that have only played this game since they made it 6x easier, i don't think you understand how much time and effort those of us that have been playing for a long time have put in.

Then adapt or die, as is the way of the world. Seriously. You put all that time and effort in to a character, racial abilities will not matter a damn.

Klayo
11-10-2009, 05:47
Then adapt or die, as is the way of the world. Seriously. You put all that time and effort in to a character, racial abilities will not matter a damn.

When other people get a magic damage buff and I get a Nourishment buff... Its a big fucking deal.

Dunmer
11-10-2009, 11:46
I wish I was negroid.

peertje
11-10-2009, 11:48
I understand why people would like to see a race change, and I think they have valid reasons for it, but I don't think we have the 'right' to get one now, that we can demand it.

everyone who changes race with the current feature will lose months of character development, you dont want that in this game, it will fuck you over badly

Lictor
11-10-2009, 12:03

I went through it too. Two times.

I understand why people would like to see a race change, and I think they have valid reasons for it, but I don't think we have the 'right' to get one now, that we can demand it.

everyone who changes race with the current feature will lose months of character development, you dont want that in this game, it will fuck you over badly

Keegy! You still play? Glad to hear that... ;)

Tengil
11-10-2009, 12:08
When other people get a magic damage buff and I get a Nourishment buff... Its a big fucking deal.

We do not know how this will work, not really. Can only hope that they havn't made humans become the 'get shit on' choice.

I actually hope for a chance to re-spec when the expansion comes.

Captain Kirk
11-10-2009, 12:24
A lot of people are gonna reroll if Mahirims get the 4l ability.

its up to AV, i had to reroll and its not too bad

Lictor
11-10-2009, 12:57
A lot of people are gonna reroll if Mahirims get the 4l ability.

its up to AV, i had to reroll and its not too bad

I guess rerolling was more of a tragedy in times when hacks, exploits and skillgrinding drudgery was commonplace. Rerolling a char, after some exploit has been fixed and training skills then took months instead of days, was a major setback.

I guess nowadays, when someone refuses to reroll, it's more about sentiment for his character and time spent than anything else ergo player's own problem.

Ceolas
11-10-2009, 17:06
Problem with rerolling right now isn't the skills lost. It's the attributes (Strength, Vitality etc.) you lose and how heavily they impair a character. Having 200 health instead of 300+ is a major setback and vitality is still quite hard to grind in the higher stages of development. This is part of the reason why the game is so hard for noobies these days; they hit for so much less even if they get the skills and can only take a few hits before they are down due to such a low amount of hit points.

Other than that, the skills themselves are piss easy to get and train really. Essentials anyway.

Zalasahr
11-10-2009, 17:10
i said it in another topic...

all these raceskills were knowing since years..not the exactly but arround... if u had read the old darkfall lore --- so please---please all cryin babies... stop it.

dranael
11-10-2009, 18:34

So you rolled a human in hopes of being a bad ass spell caster with a magic buff racial?

That just makes you an idiot. I could have told you from the start that alfar would be the best caster choice.

And how do you know this food buff doesnt make humans over powered. Maybe it doubles the regen rate and duration.

And how do you know this is the only racial they are getting? Because I can asure you it is not.

Allanon Farsyde
11-10-2009, 18:37

this

Lrac
11-10-2009, 19:17

all these raceskills were knowing since years..not the exactly but arround... if u had read the old darkfall lore --- so please---please all cryin babies... stop it.

wrong.

BlueOreo
11-10-2009, 19:19
I fully support a limited time race change option!

And yes, I fully understand I'm in the wrong thread, muhahahaha.

Allanon Farsyde
11-10-2009, 20:39

No one read the lore, nor was it openly available.

And to be honest, 95% of the shit they said would be in the game isn't and most likely won't. So they picked racials to put in, fine, but don't penalize all of your loyal customers because you are an indecisive company that doesn't have the manpower to follow through on everything you promise.

I can keep shitting on you idiots with terrible arguements, but all I am seeing is "I am an ______ (race) and I saw a preview to my racials and don't want others to pick my race!"

dracoz
11-10-2009, 21:18
well I pick my race (ork) coz of the looks and DFO was back then class free game and you were free to do what you like.. be mage be warrior etc..
I'm just hoping that this racial buffs won't be unbalanced so that you can still be mage whit dwarf and warrior whit alfar...

Tibernicus
11-10-2009, 22:23
This is to all the people asking for a race change upon expansion due to the racial abilities.

You are all morons.

Pretty much this.

No one read the lore, nor was it openly available.

And to be honest, 95% of the shit they said would be in the game isn't and most likely won't.

1. Thousands of people read the lore, just because you didn't doesn't make your point valid.

2. The lore was openly available to everyone, how can you cry that the devs "promised" 4 legged run, and on the same page, say that no one read the lore/previews? Cause thats the only area 4 legged run was mentioned.

3. 95% of the shit they mentioned wasn't in the game? Are you fucking kidding me?

Locke Lamora
11-10-2009, 22:59
Lore? What the fuck? If there was lore of any sort that would influence an arbitrary game changing update, it should have been readily available at the character select screen. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I can't exactly verify this without deleting my character, but there were no such lore notes.

I don't see why they don't just let you pick which ability your own character gets and do away with limiting it by race.

Kalizkhan
11-10-2009, 23:31
Lore? What the fuck? If there was lore of any sort that would influence an arbitrary game changing update, it should have been readily available at the character select screen. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I can't exactly verify this without deleting my character, but there were no such lore notes.

I don't see why they don't just let you pick which ability your own character gets and do away with limiting it by race.

There was a whole little story about each race at the character select screen.

Try again.

Because that defeats the whole fucking purpose of having races in the first place. The only way this suggestion would have ANY merit would be if these 'bonuses' were called 'lineage', or 'family history', or 'upbringing'.

Corpsepoker
11-10-2009, 23:33
I wish the moderators would lock every "Race Change" thread that pops up.

:bang:

Dhmitris
11-11-2009, 00:02
Anyone got if 4LR would be in for the mahirim? The spotlight sais:
Mahirim have always been swift of foot (or rather, paw).
So now we have increased movement speed or it would be the 4LR?

Kalizkhan
11-11-2009, 01:19
Anyone got if 4LR would be in for the mahirim? The spotlight sais:
Mahirim have always been swift of foot (or rather, paw).
So now we have increased movement speed or it would be the 4LR?

He later came in and said that it would most certainly NOT be 4LR. He apologized for any inconvenience the people's illiteracy caused.

Dhmitris
11-11-2009, 02:07
He later came in and said that it would most certainly NOT be 4LR. He apologized for any inconvenience the people's illiteracy caused.

thanks for answer! too bad it won't be it:(

Fumus
11-11-2009, 02:47
ONLY if that's what it takes to fix the ARAC system.