PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to AV

Stone Dog
11-08-2009, 01:54
I've been fairly vocal in bashing AV for what they have (or more correctly, have not) done for their customers.

However, they absolutely nailed this transfer and while I haven't read every thread on these boards I really haven't noticed or heard of any complaints.

Not only was the transfer of my character smooth but it also took less than 24 hours for their billing department to correctly transfer my remaining EU days to my NA account.

So kudos to AV for pulling this off without a hitch.

GRCPan
11-08-2009, 03:13
Imo doing your work correctly is a given, not something to congratulate about.

Presage
11-08-2009, 03:39
pretty sure he's congratulating their progress, not necessarily them doing their jobs.

Slaker
11-08-2009, 03:43
They transfered my remaining days to my NA account in less than 1 hour.

I was shocked haha.

Good job AV.

Presage
11-08-2009, 03:45
AV was just tiny and poor. now that they have more staff and monies they can provide better.

Not even funny the lack of insight this community has.

[LoD] EE
11-08-2009, 04:36
I've been fairly vocal in bashing AV for what they have (or more correctly, have not) done for their customers.

However, they absolutely nailed this transfer and while I haven't read every thread on these boards I really haven't noticed or heard of any complaints.

Not only was the transfer of my character smooth but it also took less than 24 hours for their billing department to correctly transfer my remaining EU days to my NA account.

So kudos to AV for pulling this off without a hitch.

I've had some issues with the transfers.

Being red and starting off in a blue city, the bind stone not kicking me off or to my guild city. GM's took care of that quick though, many thanks to them.

GUI Persist save broken for me. Still trying to fix issues with it 2 days later. In fact, currently doing a fresh install of Darkfall in hopes it will be fixes. Having to rebind keys, set up your bank after every recall really sucks after the 50th time.

Ragnarok Delrhe
11-08-2009, 04:40

that's what you'd think on the other if that was the case all companies would be best in their field.

Alberton
11-08-2009, 04:43
It makes sense that there will be some unusual permutations that have issues and take more work to fix when found, but overall AV has done an excellent job of the transfers.

As we all know though, the next expansion is do or die. I just hope they do a really good job of the new random spawning mobs/bosses etc and hope they have some similarity to either Lineage2 bosses or UO's champion spawns (which are in fel btw). The extra depth in gameplay is whats really missing now but I digress...

Death's Chill
11-08-2009, 04:59

Sigh, simple-minded pricks that can't cope to think outside the box for a fucking second. The world shouldn't be a one-size fits all deal. They're doing their best, with no real experience. I've been over this a hundred times. It's not the end of the fucking world if you're inconvenienced for a little bit. Jesus Christ have a little tolerance.

Bored
11-08-2009, 04:59
Honestly, it's not congratulating them on doing there jobs, but on doing a good job. Setting up something like these transfers and getting them to work smoothly is not a simple process. The fact that there have been very few hitches with this is worthy of praise. The amount of things that could go wrong with something like this are astronomical.

Ruyn
11-08-2009, 05:45
I agree, Kudos. I re-subbed and transferred my character. Been watching from afar and was unwilling to pay for a second client. The sand appears to be filtering in.

Grathane
11-08-2009, 08:45
I definitely think they deserve kudos as well. Anyone who has even the smallest inkling as to what is involved in something like this or how such things work, would have to agree it has gone pretty well. Overall, I think Av is trying hard to do things well, and while admittedly mistakes have been made, they do seem to be learning and things are improving steadily. That's huge in my book.

Stone Dog
11-08-2009, 23:12
Many people here understood the meaning of my OP...but not all.

As I said, I've been vocal when AV has failed to deliver. That SHOULD NOT mean that we don't provide them a "job well done" when they get it right, especially for something that could have been potentially a disaster waiting to happen.

And don't give me that "It's their job" bull.

Far too many people only wish to complain these days...they won't pony up and say "Thanks" when someone deserves it. I strive not to be one of those people.