PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting ?

spitss
11-07-2009, 23:25
should i get this game. Last time i checked (april) there was a lot of bugs and the game was "broken". Has it been fixed ?

Jecht1
11-07-2009, 23:28
should i get this game. Last time i checked (april) there was a lot of bugs and the game was "broken". Has it been fixed ?

U should get it asap, u should have bought it in april :P Its the best game ever.

Systemaddict
11-07-2009, 23:39

yea

Naljeja
11-07-2009, 23:45
the game is only broken for forum trolls and mainstream fanboys

Omegataco
11-08-2009, 00:15
So true.

Temko Firewing
11-08-2009, 00:20

and non mages.

xpiher
11-08-2009, 00:40
The game is still unbalanced but that is geting addressed somewhat next patch.

Sinjin Hagg
11-08-2009, 00:49
Hands down the best MMO on the market....

As long as you are thick skinned and dont love your pixels to much :)

DFO has improved every single patch and will continue to. Buy it today!

edaw22
11-08-2009, 00:58

I think all these comments together sum up darkfall pretty well, even the slightly critical ones. I say definitely buy it.

Neg Malwich
11-08-2009, 01:11

This.

nisco17
11-08-2009, 01:55
Game is a lot better than it was in April.

Combat in general is the only thing that leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, but other than that, the game is shaping up nicely.

Playzone
11-08-2009, 02:12
So it have picked up on all the sandbox elements Aventurine spoke so highly about and then dumped totally a year before release?

Pure Hack n' Slash with nothing else worth mentioning was what I noticed from the beta. Have that improved?

Unique crafting system was mentioned long before release, what I tested in Beta was under par compared to most other MMOs. Have that improved?

Dont get me wrong. The PvP aspect and focus of the game is fine, but I want something a little bit more than a FPS shooter kinda game set in a big world when I play MMOs. So how about the things AROUND the PvP has it improved in general?

Because if it have I might reconsider this game again.

xpiher
11-08-2009, 02:47
So it have picked up on all the sandbox elements Aventurine spoke so highly about and then dumped totally a year before release?

Pure Hack n' Slash with nothing else worth mentioning was what I noticed from the beta. Have that improved?

Unique crafting system was mentioned long before release, what I tested in Beta was under par compared to most other MMOs. Have that improved?

Dont get me wrong. The PvP aspect and focus of the game is fine, but I want something a little bit more than a FPS shooter kinda game set in a big world when I play MMOs. So how about the things AROUND the PvP has it improved in general?

Because if it have I might reconsider this game again.

It has, but not by much. Ask after the expac

BTW: they are testing the dynamic lore driven system. It appears to be very similar to UO dev/gm assisted lore world events with the addition of the on going game lore to be shaped by players.

Playzone
11-09-2009, 08:50
It has, but not by much. Ask after the expac

BTW: they are testing the dynamic lore driven system. It appears to be very similar to UO dev/gm assisted lore world events with the addition of the on going game lore to be shaped by players.

In short, not worth it yet for players like me. If I wanna kill mindlessly and nonstop I could go play a FPS game instead.

RelentlesCoward
11-09-2009, 08:56
They will be implementing Local Banking slowly starting from this Expansion.
Traveling to sell goods to other territories will be an option aka real trader.
You can't do this in an FPS can you?
In fact you can't do it in any MMO in the market minus EVE (but it's not enjoyable there).
Crafters are usually also traders.

Haeso
11-09-2009, 09:06

I'm neither.

If you enjoy competition, wait for the expansion and see if it fixes the magic shit. Not before.

RelentlesCoward
11-09-2009, 09:14
I subed before two weeks.
If it was it the state the trolls claim I wouldn't be here posting.
It's definitely fun and playable and it is improving.

tvrdi
11-09-2009, 09:58
but still the only thing you can do in the game is fight?

Don Chino
11-09-2009, 10:00
but still the only thing you can do in the game is fight?

Not by far, theres a pretty big market for craftable goods, esp if you join a guild

Percival Kama
11-09-2009, 22:02
I heard that the service sucks, the 3g and i had the first generation and loved it and i dont believe all the bad rumors ive heard of the new one, i head the service sucks and that the bars are always low and that voice calls are bad, everything. is this true? or is it only to certain customers? what else should i know?

thedrumchannell
11-09-2009, 22:20
I heard that the service sucks, the 3g and i had the first generation and loved it and i dont believe all the bad rumors ive heard of the new one, i head the service sucks and that the bars are always low and that voice calls are bad, everything. is this true? or is it only to certain customers? what else should i know?

The service that I have received via the support system/emails has been above and beyond others games that I have experienced.