PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Simple Howto "Transfer smoothly"

Rage
11-07-2009, 19:31
Important to note before transferring
- Once submitting the transfer form, your character will be inaccessible through the lobby until the next day. However, you may keep your character logged in while submitting the transfer and play through the day. Gains will still be saved until server down!

- Quests and progress transfer completely.

- Alignment transfers and unfortunately throws red players under guard towers.

- Starter weapons and their respective slots do not transfer. You will start with a leafblade. There is currently a bug which only allows transfers one starter weapon slot.

- Config/Bindings can be transferred very easily. After following the directions for installation, browse to the folder "{USER}/AppData/Roaming/Darkfall" or type the following in the search/run command line "%appdata%\darkfall".
You should see two listings: "Darkfall" and "Darkfall US" if you followed the installation instructions.
Click on the "Darkfall" folder to open it.
"Character" will be a subfolder, open it.
"0" will be a subfolder, open it.
You should now have two folders listed with 6 digit names. The first folder listed (lower number) should be your original character's configuration. To double check, you might want to open the properties of both folders to see when they were created. You can also open the XML files and determine yourself. At any rate, copy the contents of the first folder into the second folder and you're done.
The "Darkfall US" folder doesn't seem to be used to hold any config information.

- Run Darkfall as an administrator. Right click the shortcut/program and select properties. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box labeled "Run as Administrator". This should only need to be done if the client updater keeps attempting to download the entire client instead of just the patch.

*If you have multiple characters this might be a bit more complicated.*

Rage
11-09-2009, 14:49
Still might be useful for people so figured I'd bump it.

Bored
11-09-2009, 23:55
Thank you very much. Very helpful.

Unholywarrior
11-10-2009, 02:27
my move over is not going smooth

some of us get a can not conect to the login server errior #2

and it is on darkfalls side. 4 days nothing to fix it yet

Rage
11-11-2009, 16:28
my move over is not going smooth

some of us get a can not conect to the login server errior #2

and it is on darkfalls side. 4 days nothing to fix it yet

Is this still an issue?
Can you provide any other details? Firewall? Atm, I'm not sure at what point you are receiving this message. When you first open the patcher and enter your account info or after you've selected your character. I'll try to help though.

Imrys
11-12-2009, 05:12
Is starter weapon slots still bugged?

And by bugged 1 slot, does that mean you have to repurchase your other 2 slots for 100 and 1000 gold? Or does that mean you cant even purchase the new slots?