PDA

View Full Version : Can you drop skills yet?

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 14:09
Wondering if they've fixed this. Can you drop something so that you can add something else yet?

I'd have to drop arcane magic to go with witchcraft, is that possible yet?

Rigan Pere
11-06-2009, 14:16
Are you trolling?

There are no skill caps, you can lvl up whatever you want thus no need to "drop skills".

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 14:20
Are you trolling?

There are no skill caps, you can lvl up whatever you want thus no need to "drop skills".

No, I'm not trolling, are you stupid?

You can't take witchcraft after you've taken arcane. I want to know if it's possible to drop arcane in order to pick up witchcraft yet.

:bang::bang::bang:

Tedium
11-06-2009, 14:22
You can take all magic there are no restrictions.

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 14:26
You can take all magic there are no restrictions.

Really? Since when? First time around I took arcane, and then witchcraft was greyed out. They patch that?

Tedium
11-06-2009, 14:32
Now I know your trolling!

There has never been any restriction on how many or what schools a player could take. Much to many peoples disgust. You would know this if you had ever played.

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 14:35

There has never been any restriction on how many or what schools a player could take. Much to many peoples disgust. You would know this if you had ever played.

Bullshit. I played beta and I played 3 months into it. I took Arcane and I KNOW I saw witchcraft grey out cus I tried to take it too and could NOT.

Maybe you show me a screenshot that shows someone having both arcane and witchcraft and I'll believe you.

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 14:36
BTW, look at my post count if you think I'm trolling. I've been here longer than you, I just left because the game sucked.

Either answer the question, or leave the thread please. It is a legitimate question.

Rigan Pere
11-06-2009, 14:41
No, I'm not trolling, are you stupid?

You can't take witchcraft after you've taken arcane. I want to know if it's possible to drop arcane in order to pick up witchcraft yet.

:bang::bang::bang:

Well you seem to be the stupid one.

The restrictions you talk of never made release, they were removed fucking months and months ago.

Get with the times.

Shubre
11-06-2009, 14:43
There is NO CAP, no "locking skills" or letting them decay/go down.

You can take every magic school if you want to.

Get it?

Now stop trolling :rolleyes:

Tedium
11-06-2009, 14:43
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6453/darkfall200911061338438.png

This proof enough?
Told you, no need to rage it only makes you look more foolish.

Edit: Yes I know my magic sucks, I stopped lvling it shortly after getting 70 arcane before the patch :bang::bang:

DaveDFF
11-06-2009, 14:50

You are talking rubbish , magic shools did used to be limited. That may not be the case now.

Sarphus
11-06-2009, 14:52
Wondering if they've fixed this. Can you drop something so that you can add something else yet?

kraz: I'll clear this up.

Your first response is probably a guy that wasn't around at launch.

For those who didn't know, at launch there was a bug that prevented you from taking FM if you picked WM and prevented you from taking EM if you took AM and so on. The bug got fixed fairly early in DF.

To answer the original question:
There are no limitations on the basic skills you can train. You can buy all magic schools if you're eligible, etc. There will be new racial skills that only some ppl will be able to get. There are obviously skills that require you to meet requirements before you're eligible.

Sarphus
11-06-2009, 14:54
Well you seem to be the stupid one.

The restrictions you talk of never made release, they were removed fucking months and months ago.

Get with the times.

Can you try not being an ass pls?

There WERE restrictions that prevented you from training "opposing schools" at release. I know for a fact, because I couldn't train FM because I had trained WM. I now have FM...

The restrictions were lifted quietly and apparently they were the result of a bug in the first place.

Kraznor
You are talking rubbish , magic shools did used to be limited. That may not be the case now.

THANK YOU.

And FUCK YOU IDIOTS that didn't know that!

Kraznor

For those who didn't know, at launch there was a bug that prevented you from taking FM if you picked WM and prevented you from taking EM if you took WM and so on. The bug got fixed fairly early in DF.

There are no limitations on the basic skills you can train. You can buy all magic schools if you're eligible, etc. There will be new racial skills that only some ppl will be able to get. There are obviously skills that require you to meet requirements before you're eligible.

Thanks a ton Sarphus. This is the info I was looking for. :)

Rigan Pere
11-06-2009, 14:57
Point still stands, we are what 7-8 months into release? you are still living in AT LEAST 7months behind... get with the times :p

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 15:00
Point still stands, we are what 7-8 months into release? you are still living in AT LEAST 7months behind... get with the times :p

You're a seriously retarded fucking moron.

Isn't it OBVIOUS that I'm just now coming back and checking the game out due to the email just released about the 30% off subs??? If it's not obvious (which proves even further that you're an idiot) then you need to get used to it cus a lot more people are gonna be asking similar questions.

Jesus dude, you need to learn to STFU cus every time you open your mouth you prove what a moron you are. :bang:

melipone
11-06-2009, 15:53
Could have been a bug for you if you got to Arcane as they fixed it when people first got to 50GM.

vanyok
11-06-2009, 17:44
Woot! Kraznor is back :D

yeah dude.. there is no cap atm. It's a "Sandbox" after all.
You can have anything you want in any amounts I have both Arcane and witchcraft for example at the moment.

xpiher
11-06-2009, 17:46

I bet you only played beta since that was only in beta. There are no restrictions to anything.

Edit: It wasn't a bug, it was the way the game was intended to be.

FireCrusher.
11-06-2009, 17:56
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6453/darkfall200911061338438.png

This proof enough?
Told you, no need to rage it only makes you look more foolish.

Edit: Yes I know my magic sucks, I stopped lvling it shortly after getting 70 arcane before the patch :bang::bang:
You have a fucked up hotbar..

For those who didn't know, at launch there was a bug that prevented you from taking FM if you picked WM and prevented you from taking EM if you took AM and so on. The bug got fixed fairly early in DF.

It wasn't a bug, it was intented to be that way.. idiotic that they took it out too.

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 19:10
I bet you only played beta since that was only in beta. There are no restrictions to anything.

Edit: It wasn't a bug, it was the way the game was intended to be.

How much you wanna bet? :D Cus whatever the amount, you'd lose.

On release it was indeed a feature. I tested it once I hit GM 25 and got arcane (or wtfever the one before arcane is, it's been 8 months), and then witchcraft was unattainable.

Regardless, it's good to see that I won't have trouble with it and can pick up witchcraft, cus I wanted Necromancy anyways.

Is Necro still borked or are the debuffs actually working nowadays? Or is it just useless right now because everyone is using ele and aoe nuking?

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 19:12
Woot! Kraznor is back :D

yeah dude.. there is no cap atm. It's a "Sandbox" after all.
You can have anything you want in any amounts I have both Arcane and witchcraft for example at the moment.

Sup Van! Long time, bro.

Yeah, I've put in for the xfer of Cara tho, I'll be leaving EU1. :(

vanyok
11-06-2009, 19:17
Sup Van! Long time, bro.

Yeah, I've put in for the xfer of Cara tho, I'll be leaving EU1. :(

Check your email.

lkx
11-06-2009, 19:47
For those who didn't know, at launch there was a bug that prevented you from taking FM if you picked WM and prevented you from taking EM if you took AM and so on. The bug got fixed fairly early in DF....

It wasn't a bug, it was an intended skill restriction.
But very soon they've done the fatal error to remove it, and allowed skills without restricitons.
I don't know if i'll ever forgive them for that, lets see if the shared cooldown thing will work.

Sarphus
11-06-2009, 19:54
The reason I said it was a bug is that a GM said it was a bug back then. The GM said it was a bug and it was in the process of being fixed.

It really doesn't matter whether it was a bug or not, though. The reason I posted is that someone wasn't aware that the restriction was lifted and they posted to ask something and were getting flamed by people who weren't aware there ever was a restriction.