PDA

View Full Version : Will we get free trials soon?

bartillo
11-06-2009, 04:04
I and plenty of other people are waiting for a free trial to give DFO a shot.. i have heard that the servers which are made for 10k people on at one time barely have half of that.. sounds empty.

best way to do that is free trials! so where are they AV?

screw loose
11-06-2009, 04:27
No, never please. Trial accounts = bad. Buy the game, 50$.

h8machine333
11-06-2009, 04:40
I'm torn on it cuz im not sure that 10 days is enough to really get a feel for the game.

Though the "New" clan sounds like it could help that.

Either way i think more exposure to the game couldn't be a bad thing

AStormofShadows
11-06-2009, 04:46
Probably not for a while. The game is only empty in certain areas where there is less reason to be, mainly the starter areas because there is not an influx of new people, but I assure you there are a lot of people playing the shit out of this game and loving every freaking minute of it.

You really should just buy it if it sounds like the game for you. It has a combination of things no game can offer right now and it just keeps getting better/ more in depth. It is awesome they are starting to introduce the lore more and have in-game events.

I really Can't wait to see what it's going to be like after the expansion, especially since they are really pushing the naval angle, and the local bank/caravan system along with the player owned vendors and barber shops. I have wanted to change my character model since my first week. I am also looking forward to the additions to the village system, as well as the much needed changes to the siege mechanics, which both sound like they will be extremely productive.

All in all this game has been a riot from the beginning, even with it's faults, because it has several core elements you CANNOT find in a game anywhere else right now in the same package.

=So seriously if you have ever bought a game before without playing it first, or the mechanics of Darkfall are what you are looking for, just put forward the cash and buy the game. I promise you won't be disappointed, except when you get Ganked and dry looted. :sly: just kidding, even that can be fun at times. :ninja:

mechsword
11-06-2009, 05:12
No, never please. Trial accounts = bad. Buy the game, 50$.

plus 15+ a month

AStormofShadows
11-06-2009, 05:33
plus 15+ a month

comes with a month of game play, so you are only out 50 bucks if you don't like it. trials are bad for games, people tend to just trash around playing every free game they get their hands on. it just creates a revolving door in which a solid player base can never really thrive. just buy the game ffs. :rolleyes:

Trammie
11-06-2009, 05:41
NO NEED FOR FREE TRIALS GAME IS BALLIN OUT OF CONTROL (GOOD AS FUCK) so people will eventually buy it and play the sooner the better get them stats up!

traitor1
11-06-2009, 08:21
trials would be nice

screw loose
11-06-2009, 08:54
plus 15+ a month

It comes with 1 month, play out that month. If you like it buy another if you dont then dont. "Trying" out the game. Free trials = hacker accounts.

Nitsua185
11-06-2009, 09:21
Probably not for a while. The game is only empty in certain areas where there is less reason to be, mainly the starter areas because there is not an influx of new people, but I assure you there are a lot of people playing the shit out of this game and loving every freaking minute of it.

You really should just buy it if it sounds like the game for you. It has a combination of things no game can offer right now and it just keeps getting better/ more in depth. It is awesome they are starting to introduce the lore more and have in-game events.

I really Can't wait to see what it's going to be like after the expansion, especially since they are really pushing the naval angle, and the local bank/caravan system along with the player owned vendors and barber shops. I have wanted to change my character model since my first week. I am also looking forward to the additions to the village system, as well as the much needed changes to the siege mechanics, which both sound like they will be extremely productive.

All in all this game has been a riot from the beginning, even with it's faults, because it has several core elements you CANNOT find in a game anywhere else right now in the same package.

=So seriously if you have ever bought a game before without playing it first, or the mechanics of Darkfall are what you are looking for, just put forward the cash and buy the game. I promise you won't be disappointed, except when you get Ganked and dry looted. :sly: just kidding, even that can be fun at times. :ninja:

Well said brother, well said. Been playing since early Beta and it's still a blast.

DaveDFF
11-06-2009, 14:53
I and plenty of other people are waiting for a free trial to give DFO a shot.. i have heard that the servers which are made for 10k people on at one time barely have half of that.. sounds empty.

best way to do that is free trials! so where are they AV?

Stop being a looser, buy the game. You will get a good few weeks out of this before you get bored.

Mandatory
11-06-2009, 15:22
Just buy it you cheap bastard... its worth it.

Meracelo
11-06-2009, 15:22
Well I bought it a little while after it came out and honestly it wasn't worth it. Maybe it's been fixed now or whatever but I gave the game a good go for the 30 days free I had and the grind for skills was ridiculous, world seemed fairly sparse (and yes I did travel around a fair bit) and a lot of my time was wasted just running back to my corpse after being ganked by someone in better gear and much higher stats.

Also for anyone fairly new, never ever try to kill someone of the same race, I'd built up a reasonable alignment or so I thought, I killed one person and I was red (outcast or w/e its called). Got bound to a chaos stone out in the middle of no where which had mobs there far too hard for me, I had no gear left when I got back to my corpse. Then the search for a bank was just retarded I wasted about a day searching for bank without a tower, then another day searching for opposite race to kill so I could get back to a city.

Laxe
11-06-2009, 15:25
3 day friend invites from people who have active accounts would kickass and bring alot more ppl

DeManiac
11-06-2009, 15:47
I think we won't get trials not successfull ones anyway, until a few things are fixed, first UI, it can't be this bad, or people won't bother with it, it has been made simpler to use over the months since the game was released, but it's still not the way it should be.
The way you chose your next attack if you want to cast a skill, the way you switch weapons, not any ingame macro functions to make switching bars easy, or done through options each time you switch weapon, weapon skills not tied together, for example, all powerattacks should be one button, powerattack, you skill em individually, yes, but they should all be just one, powerattack, and using powerattack would use the one you have for that weapon, if you have it, if you don't, nothing happens.

Before that, it will be to complicated for new players that start playing, things won't make sense.
Also the first trials will probably be friend offer versions, so if you have an account and have played enough days, you get a cd-key to a trial account you can send to your friends, one or two.

If they take it to free trial you get from site, they will have to put the trials on a different server, and once you buy the game, or buy game time, you get transfered to the real server, working exactly like the EU->US transfer.

On that other server, the map probably wouldn't be so big, so that it felt crowded, enough to give opportunity to get some pvp, and try stuff on the server, to get a feeling on how the game would be once bought.

So summary, I don't think we will see a Trial button on their website for a very long time, and once they do, the trial accounts will be separate from the normal accounts by playing on another server, if they don't fix the clumsy UI and the way skills are used, just a few % of the people playing the trial will actually continue to play the game paying for it, so until they fix the UI trials won't be successful at all. And that's even with the bad graphics buggs there are now, and small annoying buggs.