PDA

View Full Version : So the DFO site says we can invent items.. where is this system at?

bartillo
11-04-2009, 05:14
"Darkfall’s crafting system is intuitive, challenging, useful, fun - and profitable. Using Darkfall’s virtually limitless item creator system, you could invent and be the first to use an awesome new weapon, or simply create some new arrows to use in your daily hunt."

Hm was reading that and from my understanding its not true, I think being able to invent items would add a lot to the DFO economy and make crafters much more unique.
This along with localized resources and full local banking would make the game amazing.. crafters making their unique wears and gathering resources from their home land as they caravan on ships and wagons across agon to other cities and allies.
They would then set up shops and stalls in trading hubs selling their goods to others.

sounds amazing eh?

Robert1213
11-04-2009, 05:18
"Darkfall’s crafting system is intuitive, challenging, useful, fun - and profitable. Using Darkfall’s virtually limitless item creator system, you could invent and be the first to use an awesome new weapon, or simply create some new arrows to use in your daily hunt."

Hm was reading that and from my understanding its not true, I think being able to invent items would add a lot to the DFO economy and make crafters much more unique.
This along with localized resources and full local banking would make the game amazing.. crafters making their unique wears and gathering resources from their home land as they caravan on ships and wagons across agon to other cities and allies.
They would then set up shops and stalls in trading hubs selling their goods to others.

sounds amazing eh?

sounds good

xpiher
11-04-2009, 05:24
Does the main site stll say that. Anyways, its kinda there... enchanting.

mechsword
11-04-2009, 06:03
yea it also says that mahirim can run on all fours. or it used idk if they took that off yet

Solvito
11-04-2009, 10:01
maybe on 3rd or 4th expansion...

Out_law
11-04-2009, 10:06
this is the reason why public forum threads have to be added on moderation queue

Eleventy
11-04-2009, 10:11
it also says some bullcrap about secure trading system in and out of game lol wtf kinda crap is that

Sathyro
11-04-2009, 13:30
it was what we expected to get...

Hell we even expected NPC guards, yet we got star-wars towers :bang:

MortalZero
11-04-2009, 13:32

How are guards more beneficial then towers ? In helping griefing newbies ?

asdar
11-04-2009, 14:25
This is a troll, clearly a troll trying to stir things up.

Surely people playing the game know that AV is a small developer and have some clue what that means. It means that they're going to do what they can with limited resources.

Some of the things they want will be beyond their reach, and there's some polish missing. If WoW made DF, with the same vision in mind, the game would be awesome, but they won't, no big developer will until there's proof of success.

People bring up items that are 5 years old and act like they were binding promises sworn in blood, when they were just the vision of a small group that wanted something like Darkfall.

It's the game I want, and I can see that the direction they're going is a good one. It's a direction that maintains the PvP centric, open world concept and adds content and features without tying our hands.

Hekkr
11-04-2009, 14:26
fuck local banking.

Realbigdeal22
11-04-2009, 15:11
How are guards more beneficial then towers ? In helping griefing newbies ?

Guards would had been better because in that case, we would even be able to raid capital city for fun and there could even be event of the week, protecting or attacking that race capital for a reward and defenders have to defend succefully before 1 or 2 hours pass and a reward for the winners that was still in the castle.

If you are a human protecting the human capital, all the humans and the other alignment race that was in that same capital and manage to defend it teal the timer was over receive a reward, or if they failed, all the other enemy race receive a reward, but they have to stay in the capital to get it.

Nudalus
11-04-2009, 20:02

Hand of Nod (Command and conquer)

vanyok
11-04-2009, 20:13
That's what enchanting / transmutation is.

Signus
11-04-2009, 22:33

Er, no. NPC guards were cut in a public statement nearly 2 years before launch. Not saying towers are better, just I'm tired of seeing people whine about features that are missing that were never supposed to be in game.

sirgarycoleman
11-04-2009, 22:35
Guards would had been better because in that case, we would even be able to raid capital city for fun and there could even be event of the week, protecting or attacking that race capital for a reward and defenders have to defend succefully before 1 or 2 hours pass and a reward for the winners that was still in the castle.

If you are a human protecting the human capital, all the humans and the other alignment race that was in that same capital and manage to defend it teal the timer was over receive a reward, or if they failed, all the other enemy race receive a reward, but they have to stay in the capital to get it.

Guards would have been just as strong as the towers and killed you just as fast.

Guards, I'm guessing, were going to be UO-style guards. UO had guards, but you couldn't fight back and win - they'd kill you too fast and were way too strong.

Guards caused too much lag according to the Devs and they're purely cosmetic... they'd function just like the towers do. Your dreams of raiding a city would still be just a dream.

johnnyc3po
11-04-2009, 22:49
The concept of lightning towers is retarded. You can't even sneak into a city, you instantly get lit up.

Reddog
11-04-2009, 23:47
Can't believe there's still discussion over this.

I don't like lightning towers myself but they do add more of a possibility in creating PvP than teleporting insta gib UO style guards would.

Whilst keeping the newbie areas relatively safe, and possibly creating PvP for those willing to chase the zaps of unfriendly races who get too close.

leone2nd
11-05-2009, 00:04
This is a troll, clearly a troll trying to stir things up.

Surely people playing the game know that AV is a small developer and have some clue what that means. It means that they're going to do what they can with limited resources.

Some of the things they want will be beyond their reach, and there's some polish missing. If WoW made DF, with the same vision in mind, the game would be awesome, but they won't, no big developer will until there's proof of success.

People bring up items that are 5 years old and act like they were binding promises sworn in blood, when they were just the vision of a small group that wanted something like Darkfall.

It's the game I want, and I can see that the direction they're going is a good one. It's a direction that maintains the PvP centric, open world concept and adds content and features without tying our hands.

It's not the game you want.
In fact you want a stale world. How on earth do you know what's beyond their reach or not?
Do you know that the major dev appeared on a tv show and assured everyone this game will be delivering 10 million dollars in a year from launch?
If they were that optimistic at start and they don't deliver its their problem. As far as anyone sees it they promised way too much.
If it's not going to evolve the game will die, therefore i don't believe it is the game you might actually like. It's goin to change a lot in order to survive if they can't deliver most of what they promised even 5 years ago. let's face it, even if they have a marketing promotion in mind, they are going to base it at what terms and at what kind of hype if the games is not going to be at all like they said they had envisioned?

Think about it.

mechsword
11-05-2009, 03:03
wish they would add in npc guards personally i think it would be better than towers

Aristos
11-05-2009, 03:29
That's what enchanting / transmutation is.

I'm sorry, explain this to me? How is enchanting/transmuting the same thing as inventing your own weapon? The quote talks about an item creator system. Enchanting and transmuting is just choosing from a set build of options for various effects. And when it comes to transmuting, you only have 4 options. And no matter what weapon you used, it's going to be the same outcome aesthetically.

Also, you can't do anything to arrows.