PDA

View Full Version : skill in game is all about hardware

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 00:31
This is a nice thread with argument between Bill Oreilly and Hanrald. Where bill says he is going to shoot hanrald, and hanrald says to bring it. Then I think smoke buds after.

Then at the end you will get a nice person saying to kill yourself, and he will say how he knows a lot of ways to do it, So Hanrald tells him to stop thinking aobut killign himself and just do it.

Oh yea and remember its ok to talk about killing people, and to use pretty harsh language, make sure you dont bring of the expansion or transfers though.

Drago Palmas
11-04-2009, 00:34
I think thats a quite unique whine, haven´t heard this one yet.

Barachlea
11-04-2009, 00:38
Its a new one thats for sure :D

And hey mori, i recognise u from somewhere but cant quiet remember, United Front maybe?

Orolt Lifebring
11-04-2009, 00:39
Non-subscriber forums.

mechsword
11-04-2009, 00:45
lols for one that's not actually quite accurate a person with more tactically oriented mind and just good with their hands could beat anyone with g() keyboard or a razor mouse, or some other gaming mouse. i personally don't like to use my g15 for this game cause it's mostly useless i think.

i agree another whine...and its on the unsubscribed forum

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 00:48
Its funny you mention United Front, I was actually in that clan on EU until all the leaders left the clan with no word. Except one of them said what the fuck is happening right before his timer ended and he left the clan.

I actually still subscribe to the game but I conected my game account to my forum account of the same name.

Oh and my name in UF was Ydmos, I think I remember you Kane, is your new clan the same clan as 420 on NA? And my NA name is Bromlin.

ziggeh
11-04-2009, 00:55
It is not to unique, goes along with me complaining about every macro for switching weapons and attacking with 1 button.

Or switching to sword and shield with 1 button.

Its funny you mention United Front, I was actually in that clan on EU until all the leaders left the clan with no word. Except one of them said what the fuck is happening right before his timer ended and he left the clan.

I actually still subscribe to the game but I conected my game account to my forum account of the same name.

Edit- I also just bought a mouse with 2 extra buttons(5 total, which probably is not that many), but i guess it is the wrong kind , because the game wont recognize my other 2 buttons as anything but W or E.

do you have the correct driver installed? If so, try going to logitech's website and downloading one of their drivers for a five button mouse. Hope it helps.

DwellerBelow
11-04-2009, 00:57
While your PC hardware must not be deficient, beyond a certain point, your aim and strategy will take over.

Sure, I got much better when I got my Razer Lachesis, but only because I can now practice my aim properly. Hardware will only take you so far, your player skill matters much more.

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 01:00

BlueOreo
11-04-2009, 01:15
If you had a pro player with a normal keyboard and mouse, against an above average player with the special keyboard and mouse, the above average guy would probably win.

I doubt this is true. Although I wouldn't consider myself pro, or even good for that matter, I use a $10 logitech keyboard, and I seem to do all right. I do use an MX518 mouse though. However, I didn't buy it for Darkfall.

And to be blatantly honest, you come off as incredibly ignorant. It's no revelation that advantages help people compete. Competition, since the dawn of time, has been all about gaining advantages over the other guy, whether it be barbed arrows or a shiny new razor mouse.

So, I guess... welcome to the real world?

BlueOreo
11-04-2009, 01:18
I do not know how many buttons a razor mouse has but, I can only imagine ahveing enough buttons to easily drink potions without going to my quickbar. And that would be only 2 buttons.

With more buttons you would even have more options. If I coudl drink potions with my mouse it would make everyhitng much easier. Then if I had single button press to get a sword and shield without haveing to worry about the quickbar.

I could go on and on with things that cant be done with a normal keyboard and mouse.

You could have a good strategy but be limited by your hardware. You hear people say they forget to drink potions, well if they had them as a mouse button , I doubt they would forget as often.

Innovation can conquer a lot of the problems you're complaining about. For example, try rebinding 'B' to something useful in combat. The backpack doesn't really need to be on a key that's easily reachable. Maybe 'B' can be your new health potion key, or hey... why not go crazy and make 'N' your stam potion as well!

Shucks, you gotta love thinkin' outside the box--don't ya?

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 01:22

BlueOreo
11-04-2009, 01:31
Hmm well B can maybe be hit its a bit of a stretch.

That should tell you thet N is obviously to far away.(unless you have some kind of special keyboard)

Maybe you use the thumb for these buttons I guess, kind of an awkward way to hold the hand though to use the thumb.

(also I made sure and write above average, cause i think the pro player would still beat an average guy)

And of course some dumb ass winterblade comes in talking shit, all they do is talk shit stupid winterblade pussys.

Talking shit? First off, how have I shit talked in anyway?

And I assumed you would try to hit 'B' with your thumb. I have small monkey hands, and I can easily hit 'B' when my fingers are resting on WASD. In fact, I can just rest my thumb half on 'B' and half on the space bar.

All of that though is besides the point, because there's a thousand different possibilities and combinations for hotkeys. People are small minded though, and they choose not to try something new. Most MMO players, hence the popularity of cookie cutter builds in character design (for example), hardly ever do anything innovative. I'd expand that to people in general, actually.

Edit: Yea, I read over my posts, and they are sardonic. I apologize. I've been having a string of bad days lately.

Edit2: Sardonic and condescending... blah, sorry. :(

Carnage
11-04-2009, 01:37
Your an idiot. G Keyboards and fancy mouse give no advantage at all.

xpiher
11-04-2009, 01:43
I just realized today that skill in this game(and I guess any fps) is all about hardware.

People who use G(whatever) keyboard, and a mouse with a lot of buttons have a big advantage over people who use a regular keyboard and mouse.

Not only do they set up macros with their keyboard to do stuff, but they have more keys close to use.

So if you want to be competitive I guess you have to buy this stuff. Maybe you do not need it to have fun, but then you will have the people useing the special keyboard talking shit like they are a lot better.

If you had a pro player with a normal keyboard and mouse, against an above average player with the special keyboard and mouse, the above average guy would probably win.

I guess pc gameing will always be like this.

Or you can download auto hot key. Having 2 extra mouse buttons doesn't do much

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 01:49

Tiak
11-04-2009, 02:13
I play on a laptop, with its somewhat cramped variant of a normal keyboard, a not-so-spectacular videocard and using a touchpad to pvp with most of the time. While I'm not amazing, I seem to do okay for myself against others...

Ever consider that you might just suck?

BlueOreo
11-04-2009, 02:15
I play on a laptop, with its somewhat cramped variant of a normal keyboard, a not-so-spectacular videocard and using a touchpad to pvp with most of the time. While I'm not amazing, I seem to do okay for myself against others...

Ever consider that you might just suck?

You PvP with a touchpad?

O_o

/respect

Bill OReilly
11-04-2009, 03:16
For an MMO and Darkfall, those extra buttons... yes, but those are minor things and can range from prefrence. I personally would never put pots on my mouse buttons because I'd accidentaly hit them all the time. Personally I use my mouse buttons for vent talking and... that's it.

However mouses such as the G5 and Razer editions are good for fps games not because of those buttons you ignorant fuck, but because the dpi, sensitivity, and overall feel of the mouses are better than your standard mouses.

This means your mouse is more accurate and it covers a good amount of pixels when you move it.

Not to mention these mouses come with weights for people who like different weighted mices, grips for your hand, and material which isn't affected by hand sweat.

That's why these mice are better for FPS games.

However several professional FPS players ranging from Quake, CS, too COD use standard microsoft/dell/hp mouses and keyboards.

Keyboards have nothing special over one another other than look, size, and add ons (for example the g-15's macro panel.)

Archetype90
11-04-2009, 03:25
I disagree OP.

While it may be more convenient you can easily setup a regular keyboard to have similar functions. For example, Q as fireball, E as corrosive blast, F1-F12 as the rest of your spells. ShiftQ + ShiftE as the leans while on a mount.

It is not fancy buttons, but the effect will be the exact same. Press one button, equip one spell.

DwellerBelow
11-04-2009, 03:34
I do not know how many buttons a razor mouse has but, I can only imagine ahveing enough buttons to easily drink potions without going to my quickbar. And that would be only 2 buttons.

With more buttons you would even have more options. If I coudl drink potions with my mouse it would make everyhitng much easier. Then if I had single button press to get a sword and shield without haveing to worry about the quickbar.

I could go on and on with things that cant be done with a normal keyboard and mouse.

You could have a good strategy but be limited by your hardware. You hear people say they forget to drink potions, well if they had them as a mouse button , I doubt they would forget as often.

Options, Input Bindings.

FTW

I can sprint and tap a heal pot at the same time, mouse not needed.

Bill OReilly
11-04-2009, 03:34
Hanrald - "Dont call me an ignorant fuck, you little cocksucking bitch."

Yo, get mad, ignorant fuck.

Got a temper *****, go'head, lose your head
Turn your back on me, get clapped and lose your legs
I walk around gun on waist, chip on my shoulder
Till I bust a clip in your face, pussy, this beef ain't over

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 03:39
Oh so you bring this to the public forum now?

I do not think you understood my statement, I dont have a temper.

Bring it you little bitch, you trying to scare me with your little rap or something? Just make sure you bust the clip in my face when im awake dont shoot me in the back or while i sleep ok pussy

Realbigdeal22
11-04-2009, 03:40
Yo OP, learn to use your agility to press the button you need fast enough and if you are not good at fps games, darkfall is not good for you i guess. You dont need those stuff, you just need to learn how to be a uber micro with your own keyboard and mouse like the guy from pure ownage.

Bill OReilly
11-04-2009, 03:48
Oh so you bring this to the public forum now?

I do not think you understood my statement, I dont have a temper.

Bring it you little bitch, you trying to scare me with your little rap or something? Just make sure you bust the clip in my face when im awake dont shoot me in the back or while i sleep ok pussy

I been patiently waiting for a track to explode on
You can stunt if you want and ya ass'll get rolled on
If it feels like my flow has been hot for so long
If you thinking I'm a fuckin fall off ya so wrong

If ya patiently waitin to make it through all the hatin
Debatin whether or not you can even weather the storm
Unless you lay on the table they operatin to save you
It's like an angel came to you sent from the heavens above

Don't let me lose you, I'm not tryna confuse you
When I let loose wit this uzi and just shoot through your Isuzu
You get the messege? Am I gettin through to you?
You know what's comin, you motherfuckers don't even know, do you?

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 03:57
you really shouldnt go around saying your going to shoot people, Im always here and open for the attack though. (it was a name calling event until you took it further)

I dont actually have an isuzu.

Bring it though i need the excitement.

Bill OReilly
11-04-2009, 03:58
you really shouldnt go around saying your going to shoot people, Im always here and open for the attack though. (it was a name calling event until you took it further)

I dont actually have an isuzu.

Bring it though i need the excitement.

My buddy, my buddy
Wherever I go, he go
My buddy, my buddy
Can run for your life on the stick up out the window
My buddy, my buddy
I lay your ass out mothafucka is simple
Stay in your place I recommend or say hello to my litte friend

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 04:02
you sound alittle upset. It must be because everyone now knows that you are a little cocksucking bitch?

(on a side note I finally got my first hate tell in the highlights, been trying hard)

Bill OReilly
11-04-2009, 04:03
We killing the game, it's not fair,
You muthaf-ckers stay right there,
Cos we too high up in the air,
We blasting off just like a laser,
N-gga, pee-une, pee-une, pee-une
Gimme back, gimme room room room,
DB9 like vroom vroom vroom,
Youing Hov what we doin doin doin?

mechsword
11-04-2009, 04:52
You PvP with a touchpad?

O_o

/respect

its not as hard as it seems just.. awkward with your hands

Rawr
11-04-2009, 04:58
To the OP - your comments are flawed and largely incorrect. You can be just as competitive without a G15 or a special mouse.

sirxazor
11-04-2009, 05:27
Zomg that guy has a keyboard that glows orange he can pwns me!

skuzzer
11-04-2009, 05:57
I just realized today that skill in this game(and I guess any fps) is all about hardware.

People who use G(whatever) keyboard, and a mouse with a lot of buttons have a big advantage over people who use a regular keyboard and mouse.

Not only do they set up macros with their keyboard to do stuff, but they have more keys close to use.

So if you want to be competitive I guess you have to buy this stuff. Maybe you do not need it to have fun, but then you will have the people useing the special keyboard talking shit like they are a lot better.

haha this is bull shit i use a freakin future power keyboard and a 2002 dell mouse to play this game and i can still rock it

im even running a single core processor with 2g of ram and a 7600 gt gfx card hardware is not the issue here you are

mechsword
11-04-2009, 06:02
lol its all just whine and qq
i was doing my fair bit of pwning before i stopped my sub and i have a broken mouse and just a reg old keyboard. cant wait for the NA transfers and i'll be back owning again =P

Ayn Eziert
11-04-2009, 09:13
It is not to unique, goes along with me complaining about every macro for switching weapons and attacking with 1 button.

Or switching to sword and shield with 1 button.

Edit- I also just bought a mouse with 2 extra buttons(5 total, which probably is not that many), but i guess it is the wrong kind , because the game wont recognize my other 2 buttons as anything but W or E.

Oh and my name in UF was Ydmos, I think I remember you Kane, is your new clan the same clan as 420 on NA? And my NA name is Bromlin.

yep game do not recognize the extra buttons
But you can use /bind
or edit shorcut on your mouse buttons with his interface

I agree a gamer-keyboard give more option (easier to switch beetwen hotbars). but it doesn't improve your playstyle because you use only 9-13 shorcuts max in the a fight.

Reason i use a G11 it's because i hate using the Alphabet buttons.

2hweapon - 1melee attack
1hweapon - shield -
bow
staff
heal, 2heal, 3heal
manatostam,
1bolt , 2 bolt, 3 bolt

Drasked
11-04-2009, 10:28

Ginger magician,.. is that you?

On another note, what the fuck does it matter if you have a g15 keyboard? Macros can be done with software aswell and you got like 6 extra buttons way out of normal reach, do you even realize what kind of misborn you got to be to properly use the extra buttons on the g15, got to have ET fingers or something.

Also having like 2/3 extra buttons on your mouse is kind of like the norm these days, i can honestly say i could not play with a 2 button mouse anymore.. but a mouse with some extra buttons is not expensive at all.

traitor1
11-04-2009, 10:35
Non-subscriber forums.

You should read this book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wave_(book)

Frederikcola
11-04-2009, 10:40
Non-subscriber forums.

enuf said

Maejohl
11-04-2009, 10:43
While your PC hardware must not be deficient, beyond a certain point, your aim and strategy will take over.

Sure, I got much better when I got my Razer Lachesis, but only because I can now practice my aim properly. Hardware will only take you so far, your player skill matters much more.

So true. I have a G15 and razor mouse but I totally (and I mean totally) suck at PvP :) Still have blast, though :)

Pyro Kiddie
11-04-2009, 11:28
meh i used 1gb of ram since release until very recently and played with around 20-40 fps quite happily. I also lagged alot and so if i was ever being chased mounted/chasing someone i would always lose. But i could still kill most people.

Now i have 2gb and its fine. I use a shitty £10 logitec keyboard and mouse that have no extra buttons and i get by just fine^^

peertje
11-04-2009, 11:31
I think thats a quite unique whine, haven´t heard this one yet.

yeah, that was unique. quite refreshing.

seriously OP? it gives a veeery minor advantage, but if you're inventive, a normal setup can achieve just as much(numpad for utility spells, right side of the keyboard letters for spells, etc, you can have it all in reach anyway)

Friagrim
11-04-2009, 11:33
Buy a $40 mouse and skip the keyboard in favor of l2p

MortalZero
11-04-2009, 13:22
Do i have a advantage over others in PvP using these (http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/03/cocoonvr.jpg)

Waiting for the brain controller compatibility with Darkfall also.

beecherhg
11-04-2009, 19:23
People that spend their time learning to play better instead of whining also have an advantage :(

Nudalus
11-04-2009, 19:24
There's a SOFTWARE problem called auto-it. Same thing as my G15 keyboard.

amishrebecca
11-04-2009, 19:31

i dont think life is your thing you should just give it up pm for a bunch of creative ways how

Hanrald
11-04-2009, 19:51
Its funny to me the moderators lock a thread asking about the expansion , but let this thread keep going when bill and I were messageing back and forth.

Now we got a new person in the above post with pretty bad comments and you keep this thing up, thanks.

To the above poster, you seem to think about this a lot, why dont you stop being a pussy and just kill yourself now(this is what i wish I would have said to an old friend who once said they thought about killign themselves. Instead I tried to think of some nice thing to say, so I said dont do that I wont be able to come over here to hang out then, so was still only about me at least, didnt want to be to nice to the guy)

Only a coward would kill themselves, and I have never though about doing that.