Squeegee
11-03-2009, 19:16
Ever been kicked by a horse?

Or a battlehorn?? Ouch.

Epelein
11-03-2009, 19:20
lmao

BTW:
front and back kick on mount has no extra damage, it is fix.

Niburu
11-03-2009, 19:24
The front and back kick is the DMG of the mount. The DMG deald by your 1h get a bonus because you hit the target with higher speed (riding).

lanigav
11-03-2009, 19:26
You also sacrifice mobility to be on a mount, sure you are faster but killing a good player from mount is quite difficult. It is pretty easy to dodge a mount.

Epelein
11-03-2009, 19:45
Mount kill all solo experience vs outnumbered.

The only situation when mounts really become valueable in the fight is when you're outnumbered already. but valueable for your enemys not for you!

Mounts are 100% fail in PvP.

1on1 = mounts are mostly useless

group vs group = mounting up all of sudden, might give ya an advantage but a good group can handle it easily.

1 vs X = your mount dies in secounds

X vs 1 = It is close to impossible to win a fight against experienced poeple no matter about their skills.

Zebarmy
11-03-2009, 19:48

The only situation when mounts really become valueable in the fight is when you're outnumbered already. but valueable for your enemys not for you!

group vs group = mounting up all of sudden, might give ya an advantage but a good group can handle it easily.

X vs 1 = It is close to impossible to win a fight against experienced poeple no matter about their skills.

l2mount?

They have their uses. The damage bonus is the only reason anyone would even use 1h in a melee fight anyway. Unless you want to turtle up, but you don't need 1h skill for that ;)

Epelein
11-03-2009, 19:55
wow someone made an argue with a point!
kodus! *first time I see this happen - forumfalls wins! :)

1 handed shouldn't be all about mounts only or??

Parrying isn't any balanced yet.
Shields really should give u bonus to your armor ratings even if u're not activly parrying but def should'T avoid 90% of the damage with every crapshield when used activly.

shook
11-03-2009, 19:58
You understand pvp perfectly, dont you, mr non subscriber.

Mounted combat is a great way for a person who prefers close range to close the gap. Even if you only hit some 2-3 times from the mount before they dismount you, you will gain a huge advantage in the ground fight to come. You can carry three mounts on you as well.

dontclickme
11-03-2009, 20:15
my right punch is like a horse kick:ninja:

Darkfiend#billy
11-03-2009, 20:21
You understand pvp perfectly, dont you, mr non subscriber.

Lulz. I love new forums.

Orolt Lifebring

No, mounted combat is quite useful when you know how to use it. Will be even more once they put in the GCD and make fights longer. The fact you might not find a use for it(which doesn't mean you're bad, you might like other types of combat and that's fine) doesn't mean someone else can't. The only problem i have with mounted combat is that i'll normally lose my mount before the end, and even though i might win thanks to the mount, i don't like being left over without a mount...

After dying to funny kichu in the pvp tourney i realised i should've used my momunts, that could have given me a chance...

Shields really should give u bonus to your armor ratings even if u're not activly parrying but def should'T avoid 90% of the damage with every crapshield when used activly.

I agree with that. I already suggested some changes to parry but they didn't seem to read it, or maybe yes, who knows. Anyway i agree 1 handed should be usable besides from mounts. I also think mounted archery should be put in in some way so that it isn't overpowered.

Epelein
I am not a perfect pvper, dunno about my understanding :rolleyes:
In 1on1 it's pretty easy to dodge a mount, and if you hit me twice I heal up and until you go to ground you already got hit too, + mostly used a pot already.
Mount combat isn't much about skill, fighting vs mounts needs some skills.

I see your point, and because alot of newb fights are going on it also has some value. But why 2x damage on meele? Meele is kinda simple and it's 95% about your enemy weither you hit or not hit.

Landing a back/frontkick atleast needs some skill and is a nice tactics - also mount vs mount.
The funny part on mount combat is totally useless because nobody needs front&backkicks when you can hit in turbospeed with 1 handed transmute and even do more damage.

*I don't care much about the mounts, but the fast & overpowered meele you do with 1 handed transmutes fucks me up. I mean it is like ~70 dmg a hit.

Sathyro
11-03-2009, 20:59
:rolleyes:

because you are much more exposed when being on a mount. You are also limited to melee only, hence the damage bonus. Mounted combat is like a combat branch of it´s own, as it does require quite some skill to manuever the mount between multiple enemies, and staying alive, while also delivering blows on ground units, able to heal up.

THAT is why.

Epelein
11-04-2009, 17:03
Nobody bothers in a 3on1 when you get limited, tbh you have alot of protection so its like fighting with 2 health bars.

When the mount should help the small guy, to get out of the 3 man ambush, it's just good causing a short smile in your enemys face.

Your mount gets raped in like 15 secounds, then you decide to fight, you wtfpwn them and what happens now? They fucking mount up on battlehorns, stay in front of you with low hp, and emote-lought straight in your face!

busted...

Drasked
11-04-2009, 17:12
Your mount gets raped in like 15 secounds, then you decide to fight, you wtfpwn them and what happens now? They fucking mount up on battlehorns, stay in front of you with low hp, and emote-lought straight in your face!

Train archery?

Epelein
11-04-2009, 17:24
Train archery?

:ninja: no hotkeys for that shit!

Archery > mounts!
Even with achery it's shit.
1st you have to focus on the guys using mounts, 2nd even worse; if you kill the mounts they'll just spawn another. It'S really riduculus,insane and impossible to fight 1 vs 2 mounted + 1 on ground,
while it's still hardcore but manageable to fight them on ground.

If you have a spot that forces the enemy to dismount, thats another story, but thats really rarly given... the good pvpers should try it on their own...

Drasked
11-04-2009, 17:27
:ninja: no hotkeys for that shit!

Archery > mounts!
Even with achery it's shit.
1st you have to focus on the guys using mounts, 2nd even worse; if you kill the mounts they'll just spawn another. It'S really riduculus,insane and impossible to fight 1 vs 2 mounted + 1 on ground,
while it's still hardcore but manageable to fight them on ground.

If you have a spot that forces the enemy to dismount, thats another story, but thats really rarly given... the good pvpers should try it on their own...

But if i read your story i previously quoted then i think you could have shot at least one of them off their mount and then you jump on their mount and gogogogo.

You make it sound like you base your opinion about mounts off not being able to win a 1vs3 because they have mounts.

Fighting 3 people on foot should be easyer then fighting 3 people on mounts imo.

While in fact if the 3 people on mounts are really bad at mounted combat, it's actually easyer to kill them in some cases.

Epelein
11-04-2009, 17:37
you could have shot at least one of them off their mount and then you jump on their mount and gogogogo.

Ya I guess I need to train that a little. With a little luck and a good archery pewpewpew you can still manage it. It's sick!

BladeWorks
11-04-2009, 17:37
If you're outnumbered in darkfall, there are only 2 viable ways to win the fight in my opinion. Either you have high level magix and pew pew to hit all your enemies at the same time, or you spawn a battlehorn or 2 and hope they suck at dodging mount swings. It all really depends on how good/bad the enemy is.

The only reason people QQ about the extra damage from mount is because they almost always wear bone, which has crap for protections. Hitting for 70+ on a someone in bone is pretty easy with 50 mastery and a r50 q3 xmute with keen.

Against multiple mounted people... it's going to be rough.... maybe run inbetween them and hope they hit each other's mounts? Best strat I have in current darkfall. Although if they outnumber you, they probably shouldn't be losing whether mounted or not.

Epelein
11-04-2009, 17:44
Friendly fire is the keyword and it's great, but as soon mounts come into play it doesn'T matter anymore.
-
The mounted 1handed damage is imba, I even put my bets on "it's a bug"!

I'm pretty sure it's not meant to kill hardcore mobs with battlehorn and a transmute in just a few secounds only.

Put in some skills, for example "Knight Rider" = 2x damage on use with a 30 secound cooldown... something like that...

vanyok
11-04-2009, 17:47
btw, you've all been trolled. The OP is not even a subscribed player.

DwellerBelow
11-04-2009, 18:29

Shield works fine.

Blocking 90% damage is needed, if you really don't like it, learn magic.

Ginger Magician
11-04-2009, 18:42
MOunted has been useless and a joke for sometime really.

Many times I dont even bother to take a 1 hander with me on my pvp outings.

If I can possibly avoid it I never fight mounted.

DwellerBelow
11-04-2009, 18:44
I agree with that. I already suggested some changes to parry but they didn't seem to read it, or maybe yes, who knows. Anyway i agree 1 handed should be usable besides from mounts. I also think mounted archery should be put in in some way so that it isn't overpowered.

Please keep in mind that Shield Parry is *purely defensive*.

Think about it, the guy blocking you can do *nothing* to hurt you.

Meanwhile, you can nuke him with magic, or curse him with debuffs, maybe exhaust and stamina drain.

Orolt Lifebring
11-04-2009, 19:53
Friendly fire is the keyword and it's great, but as soon mounts come into play it doesn'T matter anymore.
-
The mounted 1handed damage is imba, I even put my bets on "it's a bug"!

I'm pretty sure it's not meant to kill hardcore mobs with battlehorn and a transmute in just a few secounds only.

Put in some skills, for example "Knight Rider" = 2x damage on use with a 30 secound cooldown... something like that...

Ok this makes clear he's just a troll who hasn't played the game.

Please keep in mind that Shield Parry is *purely defensive*.

Think about it, the guy blocking you can do *nothing* to hurt you.

Meanwhile, you can nuke him with magic, or curse him with debuffs, maybe exhaust and stamina drain.

Ofc, but it should take more twitch to use therefore making 1handed viable because it has more defensive ability countered by a less offensive.

So, leave 1handed damage where it is, but make parry timeable and usable in real situations, so that using 1 handed with lower damage makes sense cos you can use parry in a skilled way to make it worth. Balance.

Edit: And by real situations i mean other than simply tanking till help comes or when you're being targeted, but to be useful in actual 1v1s by parrying the attacks and then attacking, if done right.

Nudalus
11-04-2009, 20:03
History: Guy on horse > guy on the ground.

vanyok
11-04-2009, 23:32
How clueless some people are about the mounted combat...
Lets keep it this way.

Rodcet_Nife
11-05-2009, 10:35
well i just got owned by a guy dealing 98dmg swings on a battlehorn lol.

Im not the best pvper though :D.