PDA

View Full Version : Thought about coming back..

raystantz
11-03-2009, 05:26
I'm currently playing EQ2. I've tried DF twice now, once on EU and once on US..

I lasted longer on the US server, but something still just wasn't right. There was so much missing from the game that I thought should be there to complete the experience. It more or less felt like a huge FPS map vs. an MMO. But I heard about some changes being made soon, and a new expansion/patch. What all is being fixed? Anything being done about AFKers and it taking ages to level your skills unless you macro?

Yorcie
11-03-2009, 11:35
I too am thinking of coming back..

Where is best to scribe to? Eu or NA thinking on I'll be making a new toon

Also is it really worth comming back? giving the reason I left was because of all the hacks and lack of real contents.

Corpsepoker
11-03-2009, 11:53
Read the spotlight and news section guys, stop asking questions that are already answered.

EKS
11-03-2009, 11:55
I'm currently playing EQ2. I've tried DF twice now, once on EU and once on US..

I lasted longer on the US server, but something still just wasn't right. There was so much missing from the game that I thought should be there to complete the experience. It more or less felt like a huge FPS map vs. an MMO. But I heard about some changes being made soon, and a new expansion/patch. What all is being fixed? Anything being done about AFKers and it taking ages to level your skills unless you macro?
You gain skills faster now. 6x faster if casting/using against mobs. There is always going to be ppl that macro.
I guess it depends on what type of game you want, this game is NOT EQ2 and is likely not your game if your after a relaxing PVE game.

I too am thinking of coming back..

Where is best to scribe to? Eu or NA thinking on I'll be making a new toon

Also is it really worth comming back? giving the reason I left was because of all the hacks and lack of real contents.
define content, i personaly think this game has more content then most other games. But the world "feels" emty because there are no critters, so you can walk a while before finding the next monster.
That said i belive they where talking about adding critters in hte expantion or right after

wormw00d
11-03-2009, 12:03
The grind was reduced to a point that IMO is near perfect. It doesnt hand you shit like a pure FPS, but you dont have to 24/7 macro to complete your character either.

The grind, loot not auto stacking, and piss poor returns on mob farming were my 3 biggest issues. Those have been fixed.

My current issues are magic aoe's being rotated for imballanced damage. This is suppose to be addressed in the next patch. Adding a global cooldown of sorts to the aoe's.

The bloodwalls are all but finished. Mainly just used for grinding shit like spellchanting which you cant really level in a pve encounter.

xel_bar
11-03-2009, 12:05
You gain skills faster now. 6x faster if casting/using against mobs. There is always going to be ppl that macro.
I guess it depends on what type of game you want, this game is NOT EQ2 and is likely not your game if your after a relaxing PVE game.

It's 6x faster only for magic. Other combat skills go up 2x faster iirc. But it's fast enough. I train on mobs only, and it's fun.

Darkfall might have started weak, but the devs are definitly on the right track now.

raystantz
11-03-2009, 12:18
I did read the spotlight and news forums..

I saw scattered random posts about things that COULD be changes.. but I don't see anything that consolidates this information. So I can't really tell if its stuff thats changed already or stuff that is changing.

w0rm
11-03-2009, 12:24
If you live in Europe go for EU-1, if US - go for NA-1. Simple.