PDA

View Full Version : whats the population look like?

ratio
11-01-2009, 07:49
rough estimate.... not trying to resub into a dead game. Feel free to pad your post count.

melipone
11-01-2009, 07:54
Probably depends where you are. In my alliance a bunch just resubbed getting ready for the expansion. Think there'll be a load of people coming back to check it out

shook
11-01-2009, 07:55
NA server will have its highest population ever post expansion and transfers. Do you really want to miss out on the great NA world war?

Ginger Magician
11-01-2009, 08:01
There is a small chance the game might be saved with the expansion but its going to have to be pretty damn impressive.

Atm all the reasons many people left the game in the first place are still exactly as they were before with the exception of the much reduced magic grind.

JCatano
11-01-2009, 08:02
Last clan list member count (Clan Page) I did for EU was about 6'ish weeks ago... 12,673.

Hundreds of those people on the list are inactive, since most clans are not purging inactives or have quit altogether. One person said that out of the 124 people on their clan list, only 4 were active. That's a common theme. Guesstimate of about 3,000'ish non clan players (which I think is way too high of a guess and doesn't account for inactives), and you can do your own math.

Last NA clan list member count I heard was at 5,000 (many inactives, too) about 2 months ago. Another guesstimate for non-clan players of maybe 1,500 or so... Again, you can do your own math.

Not a perfect science, but you can get an idea by counting those lists.

Ragnarok Vanir
11-01-2009, 08:40
I've always felt that the announcement of NA-1 put DarkFall on pause. Politics stopped mattering and a lot of people up and deep-froze their accounts on the spot. Everyone has been holding their collective breaths for months, and the time we've all been waiting for is almost here:

Transfer time.

I predict a new age for DarkFall.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 09:51
I've always felt that the announcement of NA-1 put DarkFall on pause. Politics stopped mattering and a lot of people up and deep-froze their accounts on the spot. Everyone has been holding their collective breaths for months, and the time we've all been waiting for is almost here:

Transfer time.

I predict a new age for DarkFall.

You're grasping at straws in the hopes Darkfall won't die. Sadly, no amount of positive thinking is going to make this game survive.

Forumfall dying is just another nail in the coffin, not something that's going to help the game.

Doobas
11-01-2009, 11:11
Very hard to say honestly, but I sadly tend to agree Haeso.

We will see in few weeks I guess...

-fionn-
11-01-2009, 11:19
You're grasping at straws in the hopes Darkfall won't die. Sadly, no amount of positive thinking is going to make this game survive.

Forumfall dying is just another nail in the coffin, not something that's going to help the game.

People who haven't played the game for months still carrying the flag for the non subsciption trolls in this forum I see. You stopped playing so you hope that the game dies so you feel justified for quitting? Darkfalls subscription levels are rising all the time. On EU our clan gets multiple applications from new and returning players every week. The expansion and NA transfers will see a further increase and if the expansion is what we hope it will be then hopefully the subs will continue to rise. If AV are planning on putting Darkfall boxes in stores and doing a marketing push after the expansion we will see even more people playing the game. It's far from dead..

Ivanhoe
11-01-2009, 11:22
EU - low
NA - lower

SuperCowOPP
11-01-2009, 12:15
I am hoping the transfers will breathe new life into the game.

My clan and I raided the mainland last night. We hit about 1/2 of elf lands high end spawns, all the center of the map spawns, most of the cities/hamlets around the center of the map, 1 city and 2 hamlets in alfar lands and we encountered: 1 clan alliance ally, and 1 afk red player. It was horribly depressing. I saw in irc today that a few members raided the center/alfar lands again today and it was a total bust.

There is still some action on the 4 islands, but the mainland seems pretty vacant.

This game has great potential, but I fear all of the mess-ups and lack of AV communication with the player base has really hampered the game. Hopefully the patch will reinvigorate some of the player base to get active and pvping again. I really like this game but AV needs to make it more "fun" to more casual players and also bring in new players like nowish.

melipone
11-01-2009, 12:48
This game has great potential, but I fear all of the mess-ups and lack of AV communication with the player base has really hampered the game. Hopefully the patch will reinvigorate some of the player base to get active and pvping again. I really like this game but AV needs to make it more "fun" to more casual players and also bring in new players like nowish.

Most of the time people just wanted to grind skills rather than go out and have fun. That would ruin any game really. Just a poorly thought out char progression system for this type of game, and added to that the end game pvp has been pretty weak. Shouldn't be an endgame in a sandbox, should be like a week of fun training then you're sorted. So you aren't left behind as you have fewer heals or regenerate health slower or have to hit people 20 more times than they hit you in a game that has PVP as one of its main selling points of course people will quit if they can't keep up with their char. If it had have been optional grind with not so powerful advantages it would have been fine.

I'll be going Mage Killer not because I don't want to be a mage, just because I don't want to have to grind any more and chances are if I don't go mage killer i'll be missing out as its going to have to be damn powerful to make up for not getting the buffs/high damage spells. Don't really like magery in this game anyway but that might change in the expansion.

Lex
11-01-2009, 12:57
I am hoping the transfers will breathe new life into the game.

AV needs to make it more "fun" to more casual players and also bring in new players

How can a casual player have fun in Darkfall?

Everything take a huge amount of time, and time is what casual players are missing. Harvesting, crafting, skillgain and getting gold takes to long for a player who like DF because of pvp.

The worst and the most utterly ridicoulus thing in DF is still traveling. You have to plan that part like clockwork to be able to play with your friends. If you log on 20 minutes to late, your friends are on an other part of Agon, and you are lucky if you are able to catch up. The few hours you have available will be spent on a slow horse dodging rocks and threes.

They have to put in some other ways of travel. Bindstone kick and runestones are just not enough.

Emolas
11-01-2009, 15:05
It's dead Jim.

Seriously though. I have no idea why they keep the game running. I mean it's pretty obvious that they don't have anymore than maybe 5k active subs left playing. Any other MMO on the planet would be cancelled with those kind of numbers because there's just no way to make money running a MMO with those kind of numbers.

My guess is that the Nov Expansion (that will really only be a large patch) is their last attempt at really trying to improve or get people to play.

If that fails (which it probably will) then don't expect to see this game around this time next year unless they have some idiot flipping the bill so they can play MMO devs a little longer.

They have done no marketing what-so-ever. This MMO hasn't been released yet. Stop posting bollocks like that, please.

Ezar
11-01-2009, 16:34
I'm not having problems finding people on EU1 at all.

I was sceptic about this game during beta but am now playing from release and it's definitely the greatest MMO out there at this moment.

Orolt Lifebring
11-01-2009, 16:51

Why are you still here? Seriously?? You stopped playing 4 months ago, what the fuck does your opinion count??? You're basing off what?? Other forum trolls and VIDEOS?? GTFO.

It's dead Jim.

Seriously though. I have no idea why they keep the game running. I mean it's pretty obvious that they don't have anymore than maybe 5k active subs left playing. Any other MMO on the planet would be cancelled with those kind of numbers because there's just no way to make money running a MMO with those kind of numbers.

My guess is that the Nov Expansion (that will really only be a large patch) is their last attempt at really trying to improve or get people to play.

If that fails (which it probably will) then don't expect to see this game around this time next year unless they have some idiot flipping the bill so they can play MMO devs a little longer.

Obvious troll is obvious. If the subscriber forums were working, we would discuss it there and link it to you here so you could see that subscribers aren't SO doomtellers. Some are though, but this guy is just a troll. Close the game??? Lol, we're not ABSOLUTELY AT ALL that bad.

First of all, notice that 90% of the people i find in EU1 nowadays are EU, cos NAs left in EU aren't really playing but waiting/leveling for the transfers, so there won't be such a difference in activity once they leave. Now from the activity i've seen in EU1 i believe it's lower than it would be if it was perfect but not below a critical amount(you can find people quite often) and it's definately risin. I see a lot of people who left coming back and a lot of newbies asking newbie questions in race alliance continuously.

And btw, for those with the argument of "Darkfall was thought for 10k players". That was the MAXIMUM amount the servers were expected to have, you don't need more than 4-5k to have a perfect population. Right now it should be around the 2-3k at any given moment during EU time. That's my guess.

o0Tiny0o
11-01-2009, 16:52
Pops are fine. There's quite a big lull in activity atm as always happens before a big patch. Transfers is also a big thing as the NA players can take nothing with them, there isn't a real reason to play until they transfer.

As far as the 'game is dead' trolls. You make me laugh. Interesting that those posts are really only on the new non-subsciber forums rather than from people who actually play.

Remember: AV stated they wanted an EVE type growth. Slow and steady, more and more. They don't want a boom and bust standard MMO launch. The hype around DF created an initial boom and bust, definitely, but growth from here on in should be steadily upwards.

Draxous
11-01-2009, 16:54
Last clan list member count (Clan Page) I did for EU was about 6'ish weeks ago... 12,673.

Hundreds of those people on the list are inactive, since most clans are not purging inactives or have quit altogether. One person said that out of the 124 people on their clan list, only 4 were active. That's a common theme. Guesstimate of about 3,000'ish non clan players (which I think is way too high of a guess and doesn't account for inactives), and you can do your own math.

LOL!!! That's some stellar fucking math skills right there.

It's perfect stupid.

Threeloves
11-01-2009, 17:02
Agree with Orolt, some more people wouldnt be bad but the game is far from dead and i can find people everywhere.

Rezwarius
11-01-2009, 17:05
they have done no marketing what-so-ever. This mmo hasn't been released yet. Stop posting bollocks like that, please.

this^

Esudar
11-01-2009, 17:13
How can a casual player have fun in Darkfall?

Everything take a huge amount of time, and time is what casual players are missing. Harvesting, crafting, skillgain and getting gold takes to long for a player who like DF because of pvp.

The worst and the most utterly ridicoulus thing in DF is still traveling. You have to plan that part like clockwork to be able to play with your friends. If you log on 20 minutes to late, your friends are on an other part of Agon, and you are lucky if you are able to catch up. The few hours you have available will be spent on a slow horse dodging rocks and threes.

They have to put in some other ways of travel. Bindstone kick and runestones are just not enough.

let your friends mark you a rune where they are and you can catch up within 10 minutes.
shittalk more

Chubbyjesus
11-01-2009, 17:35
Game is active.

Most of the crybabies are people who had little social skills, so they cant go into the places where the people are at.

They cry because their is no solo guy farming good mobs.. WAHH OMG ITS DEAD BECAUSE I CANT FIND SOLO PEOPLE.

Truth is.. most of them quit awhile back and are doing the Jerry McGuire "Whose coming with me", so they feel like they made the right decision.

They arent adults, is the bottom line.

So to answer your question:

EU1: Fat with NAs, other then that who cares about them. They will be dead once transfers hit.

NA1: People are huddled up, plenty of people playing. Niff has 50-70 active players ANYTIME of day. Yssam, 20-40. Cairn. 10-30. Ruby, 5-15. Agon 40-60. Starter towns have 100-200 actives crafting and hanging out in tower range (never got that, but whatever floats ones boat).

So all in all id say about 400-500 actives are online during primetime. Probably about 600-700 on EU until transfers.

Then NA will be 700-800 and EU will be 200-300.

Emolas
11-01-2009, 18:03
Game is active.

Most of the crybabies are people who had little social skills, so they cant go into the places where the people are at.

They cry because their is no solo guy farming good mobs.. WAHH OMG ITS DEAD BECAUSE I CANT FIND SOLO PEOPLE.

Truth is.. most of them quit awhile back and are doing the Jerry McGuire "Whose coming with me", so they feel like they made the right decision.

EU1: Fat with NAs, other then that who cares about them. They will be dead once transfers hit.

NA1: People are huddled up, plenty of people playing. Niff has 50-70 active players ANYTIME of day. Yssam, 20-40. Cairn. 10-30. Ruby, 5-15. Agon 40-60. Starter towns have 100-200 actives crafting and hanging out in tower range (never got that, but whatever floats ones boat).

So all in all id say about 400-500 actives are online during primetime. Probably about 600-700 on EU until transfers.

I know you like to think you're bigger & better at everything.. But really, this guy was asking for advice, not your lame "EU vs NA"-answer.

Edit: And stop pulling numbers out your arse!

Moonias
11-01-2009, 18:22
Ive been playing on EU and yes the population is slightly down but the game is not dead by any means.

With the transfers NA will be a huge battle, cannot wait.

Nathero
11-01-2009, 18:32
Think the difference between NA and Eu wont be that big once transfers are up and if they are then the xpac will hopefully bring more Eu.

Btw stop shittalking that NA is gonna be so much better.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 19:39
Why are you still here? Seriously?? You stopped playing 4 months ago, what the fuck does your opinion count??? You're basing off what?? Other forum trolls and VIDEOS?? GTFO.

You seem incredibly angry over someone that doesn't matter. Oh that's right - you know I'm correct and refuse to accept it. QQ some more.

Daniyyel
11-01-2009, 19:45
You seem incredibly angry over someone that doesn't matter. Oh that's right - you know I'm correct and refuse to accept it. QQ some more.

No you are wrong.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 19:48
No you are wrong.

Compelling argument backed by factual evidence of the population increasing not decreasing.

Oh, wait, opposite is happening because the game is terrible.

Zaffax
11-01-2009, 19:53

Haseo is unfortunately right. This game killed itself in the first few months of release. There is no way that AV has made back anywhere close to the cost of making this game and 90% of the population has already quit. Also, by killing forumfall, any hope that the bulk of those people will come back has been shot.
Even if they did have a large advertisement campaign for this game, it would take months to get up enough hype to release this game in stores. By that time, BOTH the NA and EU servers will be completely dead and possibly shut down. Face it, even if people did magically join this game in large numbers, it would never be on the current servers. The darkfall community, atleast as we know it, will not survive.

Falesh
11-01-2009, 19:55
There are plenty of people to kill on EU, don't know about US. Oh and ignore the EU will die trolls, they just want more people to go to the US server. Check out the thread below for more info:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=218020

Daniyyel
11-01-2009, 19:57
Compelling argument backed by factual evidence of the population increasing not decreasing.

I see your argument there, I will accept your decision to not play Darkfall anymore.

Zaffax
11-01-2009, 19:57
There are plenty of people to kill on EU, don't know about US. Oh and ignore the EU will die trolls, they just want more people to go to the US server. Check out the thread below for more info:

Considering that nearly ALL aliances are transferring to NA with the exception of maybe "Hyperion", who is going to be left on EU. Where will the politics come from if there are no alliances left on the server?

Drago Palmas
11-01-2009, 20:03
Dont worry so much, EU will be fine after Transfers+xpansion, and NA might become playable too.
The Alliances that are big on EU now might fall but actually thats great news. We can have some weeks of Tabula Rasa.
Cairn will be Smaller, Dune will be gone and the new alliances get a chance to grab land. The uber big alliances suck anyway, I hear thats a problem on NA as well.

We had a poll about population 2 weeks ago:

Ragnarok Vanir
11-01-2009, 20:09
Stop for a moment and think about how many active subs a company like AV actually needs to survive.

With 30-40 employees, 5-10k subs seems like more than enough. Remember, AV is backed by two very steady private investors. Investors who stood behind AV despite the fact that they spent 8 or more years tinkering with DarkFall, and are still backing them today.

AV isn't going anywhere, and neither is DarkFall.

/thread

Zaffax
11-01-2009, 20:10
Dont worry so much, EU will be fine after Transfers+xpansion, and NA might become playable too.
The Alliances that are big on EU now might fall but actually thats great news. We can have some weeks of Tabula Rasa.
Cairn will be Smaller, Dune will be gone and the new alliances get a chance to grab land. The uber big alliances suck anyway, I hear thats a problem on NA as well.

"Down with those Large Alliances"
Transfers come...
"Where did everybody go?"
Scientific discovery occurs that shows that alliances are made of people

AKA Large Alliances = Lots o' people

In other words, a LOT of people will be leaving EU for NA. Also, according to the poll the EU guys are linking to, of those transfering, 98% of transfers are going to NA.

Falesh
11-01-2009, 20:14
Considering that nearly ALL aliances are transferring to NA with the exception of maybe "Hyperion", who is going to be left on EU. Where will the politics come from if there are no alliances left on the server?

Wow, all the players in all the alliances apart from maybe Hyperion are leaving? If you are going to talk BS then at least try to make it believable.

In other words, a LOT of people will be leaving EU for NA. Also, according to the poll the EU guys are linking to, of those transfering, 98% of transfers are going to NA.

rofl! That's one hell of a way to spin the stats in that thread.

xpiher
11-01-2009, 20:23
Most of the time people just wanted to grind skills rather than go out and have fun. That would ruin any game really. Just a poorly thought out char progression system for this type of game, and added to that the end game pvp has been pretty weak. Shouldn't be an endgame in a sandbox, should be like a week of fun training then you're sorted. So you aren't left behind as you have fewer heals or regenerate health slower or have to hit people 20 more times than they hit you in a game that has PVP as one of its main selling points of course people will quit if they can't keep up with their char. If it had have been optional grind with not so powerful advantages it would have been fine.

I'll be going Mage Killer not because I don't want to be a mage, just because I don't want to have to grind any more and chances are if I don't go mage killer i'll be missing out as its going to have to be damn powerful to make up for not getting the buffs/high damage spells. Don't really like magery in this game anyway but that might change in the expansion.

You are too used to being maxed in a weeks time. It takes 1 month of magic grind to get competitive. Thats bad why?

Haseo is unfortunately right. This game killed itself in the first few months of release. There is no way that AV has made back anywhere close to the cost of making this game and 90% of the population has already quit. Also, by killing forumfall, any hope that the bulk of those people will come back has been shot.
Even if they did have a large advertisement campaign for this game, it would take months to get up enough hype to release this game in stores. By that time, BOTH the NA and EU servers will be completely dead and possibly shut down. Face it, even if people did magically join this game in large numbers, it would never be on the current servers. The darkfall community, atleast as we know it, will not survive.

Here is another idiot. DFO has already made AV profitable dumbass. You want proff? I can't give you numbers but here is my proff

1) AV hired 2-3 new developers since launch
2) AV now has a professional website created by another company
3) DFO now has a professional website created by another company
4) Forums created by another company
5) What appears to be full time community customer realtion staff. Prior to the spot light forums Mr. White posted like 3 times in the news section covering for Tasos, now he post almost daily and its pretty obvious that he is working directly with the devs
6) Expansions/regular updates
7) Limited Promotions
8) New payment methods. Those cost money people

Dasmas
11-01-2009, 20:37
Still plenty of fights to be found DF is quite fun. The new expansion will make things better ever patch does. The newb magic casters might cry a bit with the upcomming magic changes but thats fine.

The subscriber only forums a HUGE +... GJ AV

Now we don't need to listen to scrubs like Haeso complain non stop about a game he does not even play anymore. Damn kid cries to damn much.

Thanks Dev's for making this happen. GJ!

Zaffax
11-01-2009, 20:41
You are too used to being maxed in a weeks time. It takes 1 month of magic grind to get competitive. Thats bad why?

Here is another idiot. DFO has already made AV profitable dumbass. You want proff? I can't give you numbers but here is my proff

1) AV hired 2-3 new developers since launch
2) AV now has a professional website created by another company
3) DFO now has a professional website created by another company
4) Forums created by another company
5) What appears to be full time community customer realtion staff. Prior to the spot light forums Mr. White posted like 3 times in the news section covering for Tasos, now he post almost daily and its pretty obvious that he is working directly with the devs
6) Expansions/regular updates
7) Limited Promotions
8) New payment methods. Those cost money people
Ever hear of a loan? People spend more than they have all the time. Just because you throw money around doesn't mean that you are making money.

Emolas
11-01-2009, 21:01
Stop shit-talking because your server is getting less attention, NA. :(

melipone
11-01-2009, 21:03

Xpiher..why I bother responding to your posts I don't know. You do post some stupid shit on here :D

Anyway. I play games to have fun. I've avoided games that add in grind as a means to keep people subscribing simply because 9/10 its to cover for the fact they have lousy gameplay beyond that. Was led to believe DF would be different and be all about having fun in a sandbox environment. You might like Lineage, WoW, FF, crap like that but thats up to you. Not everyone likes crappy grinding games

xpiher
11-01-2009, 21:20
Xpiher..why I bother responding to your posts I don't know. You do post some stupid shit on here :D

Anyway. I play games to have fun. I've avoided games that add in grind as a means to keep people subscribing simply because 9/10 its to cover for the fact they have lousy gameplay beyond that. Was led to believe DF would be different and be all about having fun in a sandbox environment. You might like Lineage, WoW, FF, crap like that but thats up to you. Not everyone likes crappy grinding games

1) The only grind WoW has is gear grind. It takes a month or two to get to max level if you know what you are doing or have a friend that invites you to the game (the invite a friend program gives you and your friend something like + 800% exp for 2 weeks on everything including quest exp rewards).

2) I can't stand grind. Its why I quit FFXI, EQ. I don't consider what darkfall has now, to be a horrible grind. If you do then maybe you are too used to getting to max level in 2 weeks. WAR and Aion have more grind than DFO does currently.

3) The reason DFO "sucks" right now is because of a lack of things to do but "grind." Yes, when I'm grinding out my magic for a couple hours I want to kill myself, but I don't do it. Instead of just beating on mobs all day I got out and make an objective like: "I'm going to get 10k in an hour," or "I'm going to go complete this quest and only use magic to kill the mobs." You'd be suprised how much less tedious it is when you actually aren't grinding. And thats the thing, I say "grind magic" in a month and you'll be good to go, but its not grind if you do other shit while leveling magic now is it?

Ever hear of a loan? People spend more than they have all the time. Just because you throw money around doesn't mean that you are making money.

Ever hear that loan laws in most of europe aren't like they are in the US? Did you know they were given a government loan with a lot stipulations to launch the game? Did you know that was their last loan they could of gotten besides private investors?

Emolas
11-01-2009, 21:28
Besides.. Nobody would loan money to somebody they wouldn't expect the money back from, with rents.

Eleventy
11-01-2009, 21:30
rough estimate.... not trying to resub into a dead game. Feel free to pad your post count.

ive been all over agon at all times of the day and i estimate 1k players on active daily. maybe 300-400 late at night (eu server)

JCatano
11-01-2009, 21:30
LOL!!! That's some stellar fucking math skills right there.

It's perfect stupid.

You're right. It is stellar.

#1 - You have a factual, top end number for people who are in clans, which comprises a majority of the playerbase.

#2 - It's fact that a whole lot of people on that list are no longer active. The game doesn't purge the list for obvious reasons, and most clan leaders aren't cleaning them up, either.

#3 - It's quite clear that players in clans vastly outnumber non-clan people, so a fairly decent estimate can be made for the latter.

#4 - Just playing the game shows you it's a low population. Dead? No... But certainly low.

Draxous
11-01-2009, 21:45

o rly?

That's a compelling argument backed by factual evidence. :rolleyes:

Haeso
11-01-2009, 21:49
That's a compelling argument backed by factual evidence. :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that the game's population is growing - if you are I'll have to laugh my ass off at you. Please confirm.

Emolas
11-01-2009, 21:49
#4 - Just playing the game shows you it's a low population. Dead? No... But certainly low.

This population looks low. I can tell from some of the players and from seeing quite a few populations in my time.

Dasmas
11-01-2009, 21:51
I love how the other guy called it 'private investors' they the devs spent their own money(That they DIDN'T HAVE TO SPEND; loans) on the game and HAVE to do everything to make it work or several of them will not be poor but BANKRUPT.

I love it. This idiot will be subject to posting on the scrubs only forum. :lmao::lmao:

BYE! :lmao:

Haeso
11-01-2009, 21:53
I love it. This idiot will be subject to posting on the scrubs only forum. :lmao::lmao:

BYE! :lmao:

I'll just stop posting entirely - I don't post here because I like the game, or that I hate it even - I post here because forumfall is entertaining. Once they fix the subscriber forums, it won't be. There will be next to nil activity on these forums, and most of the entertaining people will be gone as well.

Emolas
11-01-2009, 21:56
I'll just stop posting entirely - I don't post here because I like the game, or that I hate it even - I post here because forumfall is entertaining. Once they fix the subscriber forums, it won't be. There will be next to nil activity on these forums, and most of the entertaining people will be gone as well.

You won't be missed.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 22:00
You won't be missed.

No, but you obviously don't know understand the effect these forums have on the population. The people read posts from people like me because they're entertaining - there's no reason they can't see my name and then skip the post. The forums keep people thinking about the game when they're not playing, makes them want to get home and play it. When the forums are dead, the people who log in when they can't play be it from work, school whatever - they'll be less likely to come home and play, etc etc. Cause and effect.

Forumfall dying isn't good for the game no matter how much you say it is. You read the forums regularly judging from your posts - you're going to have nothing to read, that's what you call a good thing? You don't understand this community at all. I don't even play and I have a better understanding of the people that do.

Orolt Lifebring
11-01-2009, 22:56

Wow that factual evidence you got there is apalling.

Ah, wait, you know it cos you play the game and see it... wait a second...

Dooomdoomdoom

Lol. Right. Nearly all alliances, do you even play the game?? Do you realise how many eu-only clans and alliances there are already???

Dune is staying afaik.

Are you suggesting that the game's population is growing - if you are I'll have to laugh my ass off at you. Please confirm.

No, but you obviously don't know understand the effect these forums have on the population. The people read posts from people like me because they're entertaining - there's no reason they can't see my name and then skip the post. The forums keep people thinking about the game when they're not playing, makes them want to get home and play it. When the forums are dead, the people who log in when they can't play be it from work, school whatever - they'll be less likely to come home and play, etc etc. Cause and effect.

Forumfall dying isn't good for the game no matter how much you say it is. You read the forums regularly judging from your posts - you're going to have nothing to read, that's what you call a good thing? You don't understand this community at all. I don't even play and I have a better understanding of the people that do.

Lol. BAD theory.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 22:57
Bad theory? So less reason to read the forums is good for the game? Okay.

Emolas
11-01-2009, 23:01

I'm sure the loss of your presence will be the death of darkfall.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 23:06
I'm sure the loss of your presence will be the death of darkfall.

You read and respond to my posts, as do many other people - if you really didn't like me and thought I was bad for forumfall you wouldn't. You'd ignore me until I went away.

1998altima
11-01-2009, 23:06

Haeso you're a fucking dumbass. Forumfall died when beta applications began back in 08.

If you thought GD/AD/whateverthefuckitscallednow was Forumfall then you are more retarded than I thought.

OT was where it's at and even now you can still post there without subbing.

Corpsepoker
11-01-2009, 23:08
You wanna know what the population looks like ?

Who the fuck cares.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 23:08
Haeso you're a fucking dumbass. Forumfall died when beta applications began back in 08.

If you thought GD/AD/whateverthefuckitscallednow was Forumfall then you are more retarded than I thought.

OT was where it's at and even now you can still post there without subbing.

CD was way more interesting than any of them after most of the real old timers left OT.

Emolas
11-01-2009, 23:10
You read and respond to my posts, as do many other people - if you really didn't like me and thought I was bad for forumfall you wouldn't. You'd ignore me until I went away.

I don't give a damn about you. I can respond to any lame troll I want to.

You might be confusing quantity with quality here.

JCatano
11-01-2009, 23:13
xpiher -

I read a quote somewhere that said Tasos hoped to be clear by 2010. Simply based on that, they are not making a profit, yet.

Also, it was not a government loan. It was a convertible bond from Marfin (?) Bank.

"In another deal, the firm acted for Aventurine on its
provision of a e20 million convertible bond
issue."

http://www.iflr1000.com/pdfs/Directories/1/Greece_2009.pdf (Page 396)

I have no idea how Aventurine is executing the CB, but one would think they plan to use all of it, which was around $27 million USD back then.

If 75,000 people have bought DF (which I doubt), that's $3,750,000 not including expenses to distribute. If 50,000 people have kept accounts for the entire 8 months (which we all know is not the case), that's $6,000,000 not including expenses. That's $9,750,000 before expenses.

Expenses include:

- Business Income Tax (called Corporation Tax in Greece - not sure of % there, but it's usually around 25%-35%)

- Capital Gains Tax

- Payroll Tax (no idea if Greece has one)

- Team salaries for 35-40(?) people

- Payments to GNi for ongoing housing infrastructure

- Paybacks and interest to Marfin Bank with payment intervals depending on exactly how the bond is being run

- Sponsorships for those gaming conferences and race cars they talk about on their site.

- Office leases (if not owned).

- All of those "little" expenses, such as utilities, benefit plans for employees, office expenses, etc., etc.

And if the translation is understood correctly, AV is paying AudioVisual royalties of 35% for sales. Couldn't tell you if that includes online sales by contract or only if/when they sell boxes. I'm not sure if a subscription is considered an "item" or "asset", so I don't know if that's paid out for royalties.

http://www.euro2day.gr/news/enterprises/122/articles/342736/Article.aspx

Poing being... No profit.

Haeso
11-01-2009, 23:13
I don't give a damn about you. I can respond to any lame troll I want to.

You might be confusing quantity with quality here.

Again... if you had nobody to respond to - what would you be reading/posting about. Nothing. The forums would be dead without people like me, so either you habitually are doing something you do not like to do - or something you like to do will no longer be doable. Which is it fuckwit?

Emolas
11-01-2009, 23:15
Again... if you had nobody to respond to - what would you be reading/posting about. Nothing. The forums would be dead without people like me, so either you habitually are doing something you do not like to do - or something you like to do will no longer be doable. Which is it fuckwit?

Yeah, I'm sure the only posts I can reply to on these forums are your dumb trollposts.

Ragnarok Delrhe
11-01-2009, 23:24
xpiher -

I read a quote somewhere that said Tasos hoped to be clear by 2010. Simply based on that, they are not making a profit, yet.

Also, it was not a government loan. It was a convertible bond from Marfin (?) Bank.

issue."

I have no idea how Aventurine is executing the CB, but one would think they plan to use all of it, which was around $27 million USD back then.

If 75,000 people have bought DF (which I doubt), that's $3,750,000 not including expenses to distribute. If 50,000 people have kept accounts for the entire 8 months (which we all know is not the case), that's $6,000,000 not including expenses. That's $9,750,000 before expenses.

Expenses include:

- Business Income Tax (called Corporation Tax in Greece - not sure of % there, but it's usually around 25%-35%)

- Capital Gains Tax

- Paybacks and interest to Marfin Bank with payment intervals depending on exactly how the bond is being run

- Sponsorships for those gaming conferences and race cars they talk about on their site.

- All of those "little" expenses, such as utilities, benefit plans for employees, office expenses, etc., etc.

And if the translation is understood correctly, AV is paying AudioVisual royalties of 35% for sales. Couldn't tell you if that includes online sales by contract or only if/when they sell boxes. I'm not sure if a subscription is considered an "item" or "asset", so I don't know if that's paid out for royalties.

Once everything is paid 100 000k profit would be completely profitable. Has long has the employes and the debts are paid it doesnt matter they can keep going.

Orolt Lifebring
11-01-2009, 23:30

Just get out...

xpiher
11-01-2009, 23:36
xpiher -

issue."

Expenses include:

- Capital Gains Tax

Wasn't aware it was a bond but isn't a bond something you cash in after you already loaned the governement money? No matter, point is they are have enough capital to pay dept, pay for development, pay for new employees, and pay for "fluff" like a new website and payment methods.

Drago Palmas
11-01-2009, 23:48
http://www.euro2day.gr/news/enterprises/122/articles/342736/Article.aspx[/url]

If that is true its understandable that EU has to stay the main server forever.

We pay 14 € directly to AV thats like 20 $ a month, while from the Average Na player 9 $ monthly go to Aventurines pocket.

JCatano
11-01-2009, 23:52
Wasn't aware it was a bond but isn't a bond something you cash in after you already loaned the governement money? No matter, point is they are have enough capital to pay dept, pay for development, pay for new employees, and pay for "fluff" like a new website and payment methods.

A CB can be used as a straight bond or turned into stock by the bondholder. AV sells convertible bonds to investors who become the holders. It's still debt. I think they have a reduced interest rate, though.

JCatano
11-02-2009, 00:00
Game is active.

I agree with your numbers, except for the starting area. No way there are 200, and 100 is a very generous number. I don't consider 500'ish simultaneous players as "active" at all.

Using 1200 at primetime throughout both servers and Raph Koster's statement that the industry norm is to expect 15%-20% of the playerbase to be online at the same time... That's only 6,000 total subscriptions. Ouch.

Emolas
11-02-2009, 00:03
I agree with your numbers, except for the starting area. No way there are 200, and 100 is a very generous number. I don't consider 500'ish simultaneous players as "active" at all.

Using 1200 at primetime throughout both servers and Raph Koster's statement that the industry norm is to expect 15%-20% of the playerbase to be online at the same time... That's only 6,000 total subscriptions. Ouch.

Yay, more people basing the arguments on numbers pulled out of their own rectums.

JCatano
11-02-2009, 00:05
Yay, more people basing the arguments on numbers pulled out of their own rectums.

I was using Chubby's numbers, which I tend to agree with by ingame observation and Raph Koster's (former Lead Developer for UO and SWG) percentages. I'm quite confident Koster knows the industry better than we do.

JCatano
11-02-2009, 00:14
Once everything is paid 100 000k profit would be completely profitable. Has long has the employes and the debts are paid it doesnt matter they can keep going.

Yeah, because profit means... Extra. :P

They won't be making any for a long time at this rate. That can wear on investors. Hopefully the expansion brings in a nice mass of people who stay longer than a month.

Ander
11-02-2009, 00:24
xpiher -

issue."

Expenses include:

- Capital Gains Tax

According to their web site, Darkfall is/was not their only source of revenues ...
http://www.aventurine.gr/about/projects.html

I would imagine that those military contracts are/were pretty lucrative.

Ragnarok Vanir
11-02-2009, 00:27

Last NA clan list member count I heard was at 5,000 (many inactives, too) about 2 months ago. Another guesstimate for non-clan players of maybe 1,500 or so... Again, you can do your own math.

Funny thing about that. Watching your guild shrink around you has been a common theme these past few months, with leaders often not bothering to kick inactives.

CotP recently ran an analysis of its Clan Journal to check for activity in a one week span. We turned up a total of 49 actives. Now, as a member I have felt what everyone else has felt, that I only ever see the same 5-10 people on and membership is at an all-time low. What creates that gap between the 5-10 I see everyday and the 49 people who are actually active is, I think, the fact that no individual can see everything. No one knows the extent of the activity of his clan, of his enemies' clans or alliances, and especially of the whole server.

Now, it's pretty obvious that CotP doesn't field 50 people on a daily basis, but even if 25 of those people only logged on once a week, barely contributing to the server's activity level, that is still 25 subs that are being paid.

JCatano
11-02-2009, 01:21
According to their web site, Darkfall is/was not their only source of revenues ...
http://www.aventurine.gr/about/projects.html

I would imagine that those military contracts are/were pretty lucrative.

That has nothing to do with Darkfall being profitable or not as an entity. They needed more investors for NA (talked about them in the News section), so whatever revenue gained from military contracts might not even be filtered towards DF. Any department not making a profit needs to be severed around the date specified in your business plan, unless you're ok with losing money while hoping for a future return.

Threeloves
11-02-2009, 01:38
Would you damn US advocates stop posting shit already ? EU is going to be fine just as NA after transfers, EU will probably have slightly more players but this is yet to see as we dont have any statistics, its just according to sample polls on the forums. Especially when you consider the utter part of this forum is visited by NA's yet the polls show EU has more players after the transfers.

Than again, we will all have to see what the expansion will bring and how that will impact the population, when its good we will see both servers doing fine, when its bad i dunnow which server is going to die first but it doesnt matter in the end because both of em will probably.

Zaffax
11-02-2009, 02:07
Would you damn US advocates stop posting shit already ? EU is going to be fine just as NA after transfers, EU will probably have slightly more players but this is yet to see as we dont have any statistics, its just according to sample polls on the forums. Especially when you consider the utter part of this forum is visited by NA's yet the polls show EU has more players after the transfers.

Than again, we will all have to see what the expansion will bring and how that will impact the population, when its good we will see both servers doing fine, when its bad i dunnow which server is going to die first but it doesnt matter in the end because both of em will probably.

Just remember that 98% of the transfers in that poll are headed to NA.

Dragoon
11-02-2009, 02:23
Ignore the hype. The game is pretty much dead. After the transfers and expansion MAYBE it will be worth playing but right now you basically have two ghost town servers and bad gameplay to choose from.

Threeloves
11-02-2009, 02:34
Ignore the hype. The game is pretty much dead. After the transfers and expansion MAYBE it will be worth playing but right now you basically have two ghost town servers and bad gameplay to choose from.

Lol first your trying to be a NA advocate, editing my posts and shit. Now your saying the whole game is dead. Dont believe this troll'er guys.

Haeso
11-02-2009, 02:45
Lol first your trying to be a NA advocate, editing my posts and shit. Now your saying the whole game is dead. Dont believe this troll'er guys.

The game's not dead - but it's certainly dying.

Dragoon
11-02-2009, 04:34

I consider an MMO dead when the servers are mostly empty, and that's the case with this game. It can potentially improve and thrive but the devs are doing a really bad job so far. I do think the next expansion sounds awesome but why get my hopes up when the last expansion sounded awesome too and yet they managed to mess that up(It wasn't a horrible expansion but player housing and the villages system were really badly done).

NA advocate? You just don't like hearing the truth. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a server that has such a low population that it's almost unplayable will be in a very unhealthy state once they lose... at a MINIMAL... 40-50% of its users. Especially considering that most are estimating them losing closer to 70%.

Laxe
11-03-2009, 15:35
LOL i love to reread this topic just to see that almost all ppl who say game is dead don't have an active sub. what a fail trolls

Corpsepoker
11-03-2009, 15:37
This question is asked over and over.

:bang:

kil_2k
11-03-2009, 17:57
NA advocate? You just don't like hearing the truth. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a server that has such a low population that it's almost unplayable will be in a very unhealthy state once they lose... at a MINIMAL... 40-50% of its users. Especially considering that most are estimating them losing closer to 70%.

Obviously it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come up with those figures. A full on retard maybe.

The vast majority of the NA players that are transferring are either already inactive while they wait, or afk macro-grinding to get rid of everything they can and get some skill gain before they transfer.

Emolas
11-03-2009, 18:11
Just remember that 98% of the transfers in that poll are headed to NA.

In the poll where you can pick

- EU, staying
- NA
- EU, transferring

And EU, staying has more votes than the two other ones together?

Deerhunter
11-03-2009, 18:17
In the poll where you can pick

- EU, staying
- NA
- EU, transferring

And EU, staying has more votes than the two other ones together?

Polls do not mean jack shit. Plenty of elections lost where the poll showed them winning, lol With all the guilds/alliances transferring over I guarantee you NA-1 will be hopping a lot more compared to EU.

Emolas
11-03-2009, 18:18
Polls do not mean jack shit. Plenty of elections lost where the poll showed them winning, lol With all the guilds/alliances transferring over I guarantee you NA-1 will be hopping a lot more compared to EU.

Because opinions and numbers whopped out your arse mean jack shit.

rmp459
11-03-2009, 18:21
this game already has too few players...

Deerhunter
11-03-2009, 18:25
Because opinions and numbers whopped out your arse mean jack shit.

lol - dude for all you know a bunch of people on NA-1 voted for EU. For that reason the poll means jack shit. All I know is I talk to people with characters on BOTH servers and they already say more populated NA-1 is; so I take stock in that from various sources than some half-ass poll. Enjoy your EU-1 after transfer :)

Emolas
11-03-2009, 18:28
lol - dude for all you know a bunch of people on NA-1 voted for EU. For that reason the poll means jack shit. All I know is I talk to people with characters on BOTH servers and they already say more populated NA-1 is; so I take stock in that from various sources than some half-ass poll. Enjoy your EU-1 after transfer :)

The poll is a more reliable source than your anus is.

Deerhunter
11-03-2009, 18:31
The poll is a more reliable source than your anus is.

Wow - resorting to name-calling now? Are yo uall butt hurt over transfers? Poor thing.

Emolas
11-03-2009, 18:32
Wow - resorting to name-calling now? Someone seems all butt hurt to me. See you on NA-1 maybe when yo have to transfer yourself :ohno:

I'm not calling anyone names, but all your figures are obviously pulled out your anus, unlike the poll.

Deerhunter
11-03-2009, 18:34
I'm not calling anyone names, but all your figures are obviously pulled out your anus, unlike the poll.

:lmao:

Captain Kirk
11-03-2009, 18:37
Darkfall have been in its all-time low on population and agon is getting more and more people in it! :)

Noone is resubbing into a dead game, the old TM propaganda looking for reasons to quit is not a viable source!

butthead
11-03-2009, 19:38
Sign at Captain Kirk.

And @all Trolls: Iam so happy you only can post here your shit.
Subcriber forums ftw i love it :)

ghostinthedark
11-03-2009, 19:47
games not dead, alot of people still play it

thedrumchannell
11-03-2009, 20:39
Lsot of people online yesterday in Copperdale. :)

Sathyro
11-03-2009, 20:55
it is slowly growing, will probably increase more now with the expansion and the new game cards.

leone2nd
11-04-2009, 02:22
People who haven't played the game for months still carrying the flag for the non subsciption trolls in this forum I see. You stopped playing so you hope that the game dies so you feel justified for quitting? Darkfalls subscription levels are rising all the time. On EU our clan gets multiple applications from new and returning players every week. The expansion and NA transfers will see a further increase and if the expansion is what we hope it will be then hopefully the subs will continue to rise. If AV are planning on putting Darkfall boxes in stores and doing a marketing push after the expansion we will see even more people playing the game. It's far from dead..

Probably their logic behind NA-1 expansion is that they are using the sub money to promote the game, and probably refrained from promotion with the earlier earnings so they could do a proper market push in the future.
Also they didn't went after a lot of reviews which means they will in the future.

bl4m0
11-04-2009, 07:30
NA server will have its highest population ever post expansion and transfers. Do you really want to miss out on the great NA world war?

Definitely.

Rodcet_Nife
11-04-2009, 07:38
I just resubbed my alt and my main to get ready for tranfers to NA. I think the NA population should go up quite a bit.

There's players waiting on the expansion to resub, players waiting for eu-na transfers to resub, and the players already subbing waiting for na transfers.

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 14:52
Game is active.

Ok. First off, I honestly think you pulled these numbers out of your ass. BUT, let's say you didn't.

Those numbers are HORRIBLE. 500 active people on a map the size of this one??? No way am I coming back to play in a ghost town. There were more people than that playing at release, and even then it was sparsely populated.

That is NOT what I would consider an active game. Even Shadowbane had numbers higher than that last year. :bang:

WalkeruK
11-06-2009, 16:20
I resubbed today no chat in race or alliance and didnt see a single person in any of the starter places, pretty dead will wait for expa and see if i just wasted 9 quid or not!!

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 16:30
I resubbed today no chat in race or alliance and didnt see a single person in any of the starter places, pretty dead will wait for expa and see if i just wasted 9 quid or not!!

Bleh :(

Quallen
11-06-2009, 16:35

Welcome to your dead server, meanwhile i can't get more than a few minutes alone to farm and forget about trying to get to a wilderness back, i can't even get close.

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 16:40
Welcome to your dead server, meanwhile i can't get more than a few minutes alone to farm and forget about trying to get to a wilderness back, i can't even get close.

Either:

A) You're lying, as you don't have a player status.

Or

B) You're a fucking coward for hiding behind an anonymous posting account.

Either way, your opinion is not wanted here. :p

Jensken
11-06-2009, 16:40

U don't go look for people in a starter town these days :rolleyes:

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 16:43
U don't go look for people in a starter town these days :rolleyes:

After a sub marketing ploy like the one they just implemented? Are you serious?

Right now, nooby towns should be teeming with people that just re-upped to check it out. The fact that they're not just shows how far this game has fallen. I was considering re-upping today, but after reading the various threads about how many people there are in this game, I'm pretty sure now that it's a dead game.

Drago Palmas
11-06-2009, 16:49

Right now, nooby towns should be teeming with people that just re-upped to check it out. The fact that they're not just shows how far this game has fallen. I was considering re-upping today, but after reading the various threads about how many people there are in this game, I'm pretty sure now that it's a dead game.

Lol its loads of fun. But I dont care about one doomsayer less or more, Join or don´t.. It is not me missing the best and only MMORPG worth playing atm.

There is enough people, although it is far far less then at the start of the game, the population is still ok.
Join or dont but dont spam the forums with your crappy wisdom.

gazarsgo
11-06-2009, 16:50
lol @ unsubs trying to get info about df from unsubs

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 16:57
Lol its loads of fun. But I dont care about one doomsayer less or more, Join or don´t.. It is not me missing the best and only MMORPG worth playing atm.

There is enough people, although it is far far less then at the start of the game, the population is still ok.
Join or dont but dont spam the forums with your crappy wisdom.

LOL :lmao::lmao:

This attitude is part of what's wrong with this game. Just a very small part, but a part.

Yeah, you don't care one way or the other if other people join? Well, you SHOULD, especially if you like the game. You should be trying to convince those of us that are considering it that joining is the right thing to do.

Because if you don't, and enough of us don't join, then eventually (whether it's a month or a year) the game is gonna fold and then who are you going to feebly try to insult? Yeah, no one. :bang:

Your worthless post is worthless.

lol @ unsubs trying to get info about df from unsubs

Who said anyone was trying to get info from unsubs??? Quite the contrary, but this is the only place we can ask questions. Again, worthless post is worthless.

Quallen
11-06-2009, 16:57
Either:

A) You're lying, as you don't have a player status.

Or

B) You're a fucking coward for hiding behind an anonymous posting account.

Either way, your opinion is not wanted here. :p

Hows them apples? Fuck off now and join the people who seem intent on making sure i stay red and never reach a bank =), kthx

gazarsgo
11-06-2009, 17:29
LOL :lmao::lmao:

This attitude is part of what's wrong with this game. Just a very small part, but a part.

Yeah, you don't care one way or the other if other people join? Well, you SHOULD, especially if you like the game. You should be trying to convince those of us that are considering it that joining is the right thing to do.

Because if you don't, and enough of us don't join, then eventually (whether it's a month or a year) the game is gonna fold and then who are you going to feebly try to insult? Yeah, no one. :bang:

Your worthless post is worthless.

Who said anyone was trying to get info from unsubs??? Quite the contrary, but this is the only place we can ask questions. Again, worthless post is worthless.

the population levels, as they are, are enough to make for an interesting game worth my monthly sub. more players than what we have right now, today, is just icing.

eventually, this game will die, like all other MMOs that have died before it. i'll enjoy it every day I can until then, whether that's next week or next month or next year or the next decade.

but please, by all means, carry on with your QQ and pathetic attempts to try to figure out if, onoez, you should drop the $15 to find out for yourself

Niburu
11-06-2009, 17:33

Jumping out of Sunthrone...3min to the east...ENEMIES jumping out to the west 5 min ENEMIES....Jumping out to the north 10-15min because i must swim *knock**knock* at Frostbourne....get roflstomped by the players who life there. Re-Subbed 3 weeks ago and startet on Yssam and it was a PVP hot zone. I have my house on Cairn and a town that was mostly empty the last month hase some players now. So i think there are enough player ingame and i dont need long time to find PVP but also have my "safe" zones were i can farm without troubels. So iam happy at the moment. Only thing what is really bad is the OP of magic but they will fix this with expansion....best game out atm for players who like fast shooter games and tactical/complex game...it is maybe not a game for a casual gamer who need quick action and is not so skilled with keyboard and mouse (aiming and this stuff)

Drago Palmas
11-06-2009, 18:55
Yeah, you don't care one way or the other if other people join?

No your wrong I care about people joining but not about you. You are already whining before you started to play.

Deerhunter
11-06-2009, 18:58
LOT less on EU now....

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 19:07
No your wrong I care about people joining but not about you. You are already whining before you started to play.

No one gives a shit what Euros think, why are you still babbling?

Kraznor
11-06-2009, 21:14

Don't be a moron.

People that PLAY the game don't need the forums more than once or twice a week tops. You want these forums because you don't play.

day day
11-07-2009, 13:00
Straight answer:

Starter towns are dead, completely dead... so dead that I could run into any city in any land, jump off my mount without despawning, suit/gear up, mount up and ride off most of the day (except for humanlands at peakhour weekends).

Clan cities are almost dead, but the people inside are just passing by, afk or harvesting.

It's impossible to just ride out and find random PvP like the old days, your only chance is harvesters that don't realize they're 2 far away from tower range, noobs at low lvl spawns or trying to raid a city or hamlet.

Seems like most bigger clans on average have 30% active and maybe 10-15% online at a time, of that 10%, 1/2 will be afk/gathering/alternate characters (I have been to many cities on mainland and continents).

Currently there's a massive gap between high end and low end, and it's harder to find a middle ground, if there is, then theres no easy way to find it. Most.... ALL no life players by now have weapon mastery and a few magic schools at 100 so noobs have absolutely no chance of winning a fight against most active PvP'ers when they hit u for a minimum of 50 damage per hit and have the power to destroy 10 noobs at once without even breaking a sweat.

Transfers will help with numbers in high end battle.

Verdict: Unless 100's of new players populate the starter cities, quest areas and the mainland, then being a noob in darkfall will be boring, lonely and will be beat down 99% of the time to anyone.

It's not funny!

Ymgarl
11-07-2009, 13:16
Straight answer:

Starter towns are dead, completely dead... so dead that I could run into any city in any land, jump off my mount without despawning, suit/gear up, mount up and ride off most of the day (except for humanlands at peakhour weekends).

Clan cities are almost dead, but the people inside are just passing by, afk or harvesting.

It's impossible to just ride out and find random PvP like the old days, your only chance is harvesters that don't realize they're 2 far away from tower range, noobs at low lvl spawns or trying to raid a city or hamlet.

Seems like most bigger clans on average have 30% active and maybe 10-15% online at a time, of that 10%, 1/2 will be afk/gathering/alternate characters (I have been to many cities on mainland and continents).

Currently there's a massive gap between high end and low end, and it's harder to find a middle ground, if there is, then theres no easy way to find it. Most.... ALL no life players by now have weapon mastery and a few magic schools at 100 so noobs have absolutely no chance of winning a fight against most active PvP'ers when they hit u for a minimum of 50 damage per hit and have the power to destroy 10 noobs at once without even breaking a sweat.

Transfers will help with numbers in high end battle.

Verdict: Unless 100's of new players populate the starter cities, quest areas and the mainland, then being a noob in darkfall will be boring, lonely and will be beat down 99% of the time to anyone.

It's not funny!

Populations are highest I've seen them recently these past couple of days (This may be down to the transfers, but people who aren't transferring seem to be about too)

Some cities are empty, but some are a hive of activity. You just need to know where to look, or have the patience to go looking.

Noobs don't have to die, they can easily join up with a clan and just advance quickly with them, individual skills matter less in larger battles, and sword+board parry doesn't get much better.

Drago Palmas
11-07-2009, 13:17
No one gives a shit what Euros think, why are you still babbling?

Well post in NA Discussion then, I am sure you meet some more whiners and idiots. If you post here everyone answers.

Makgyver
11-07-2009, 13:43
so erm, the EU pop is low? :S people left for aion, people left for NA? Lower than 2 months ago?

Drago Palmas
11-07-2009, 13:48
so erm, the EU pop is low? :S people left for aion, people left for NA? Lower than 2 months ago?

Seriously , 2 days after transfers it is safe to assume the population is lower then last monday.

There is recognizable amount of new players and new guilds tho, as well as people returning for the expansion.
At the moment the population isn´t comparable to the start of the game but it is enough to have a blast while playing. It could support a lot more for sure, but it feels as if they are already coming.

Threeloves
11-07-2009, 14:39
I agree, population is ofcourse a bit less than before the transfers not i dont find it that noticable, you get chased out of cities by 12 people now instead of 15. Than again, a little more people overall wouldnt hurt, would like to see hamlets being used again, promoting small scale PvP etc.

karatekas
11-07-2009, 14:45
xpiher -

issue."

Expenses include:

- Capital Gains Tax

Well i think that HALF of that loan from marfin is gonna be paid by the goverment :D.
The goverment supports half the cost of "new field investments" And gaming industry is focking totally new in greece, actually i think its the first international try for a game in greece.... Thats the reason as well that the company moved in greece.

Not sure though all the above might be crap.
The sure thing is that the goverment here can give u half the money for new areas investments

Anaros
11-07-2009, 18:14
I for one transfered my char and am going to get back into the swing of things for the expansion. I figure that I'll find a spot (for something) soon enough.

Immoral Führer
11-07-2009, 18:31
Last night NA was extremely active. There is also a lot of new blood in the newby areas.