PDA

View Full Version : Global permission was removed...

xpiher
11-01-2009, 02:58
from beta testers. Is it possible this is why a lot of people don't have access to the current forums? Might want to double check that mods.

Ginger Magician
11-01-2009, 03:02
I cant post or reply on the subscriber only forums despite my account being active and Im not under suspension.

Any ideas to fix this?

MrDDT
11-01-2009, 03:07
Devs hate us.

retrospect
11-01-2009, 03:27
I wonder if in turning off my beta access to the forum removed my account access as well.

xpiher
11-01-2009, 04:16
I wonder if in turning off my beta access to the forum removed my account access as well.

that was the point of this thread. Although, people now claim that it takes a couple hours for the accounts to actually link together. Could be a simple database error or just a minimum time requirement ... assuming they don't have to manually add it in :lmao:

Brannoc
11-01-2009, 04:35

No.

ZtyX
11-01-2009, 04:50
I cant post either.. wtf.

McDoogs
11-01-2009, 04:57
I cant post either.. wtf.

well that is a fucking crime against humanity

JCatano
11-01-2009, 05:18
No.

Thanks for the info.

ZtyX
11-01-2009, 05:21
well that is a fucking crime against humanity

It's a crime against Darkfall.

mechsword
11-01-2009, 05:35
Thanks for the info.

lol

retrospect
11-01-2009, 06:36
No.

Really then, so why is it that my forums do not work? Or any of the rest of these long term posters with active accounts?

retrospect
11-01-2009, 06:44
It's a crime against Darkfall.

Don't finish off forumfall, fix our forum access already.

Ginger Magician
11-01-2009, 07:01
No.

Perhaps instead of this highly useful and informative 1 word posts you could actually tell us when we will be able to post on the subsciber only sections again?

Tribaja
11-01-2009, 11:29
I can post in Clan discussion forums again !

Try to update your account-forum link. I just re-entered the password and it works now.

KingNapalm
11-01-2009, 11:47
No.

What a massively informative post we have.

Solvito
11-01-2009, 12:04
ive linked my account like 24 hours ago and it still doesnt work, also ive tried to link it one more time, and i still dont get access...

brannoc fix this!!! i need my morning trolling!

Ginger Magician
11-01-2009, 12:15
I can now post in the subscriber forums as well.Looks like it is getting sorted out.

Dave_sp!
11-01-2009, 13:12
muahahahaha

L-C
11-01-2009, 13:33
It worked just fine for me the first time. Make sure the capitalization is correct in your info.

Sauron
11-01-2009, 16:06
Linked my account and can't post either. Sweet.

kingkongbanana
11-01-2009, 16:08
forumfall needs me. cmon guys just fix this.

wormw00d
11-01-2009, 16:32
No.

is this fucking for real? For the first time I am truely fucking pissed off at "AV".

What in the FUCK kind of cheese dick response is that you silly cunt? Why cant we use the fucking forums? When do you expect to have your shit sorted out? If it's an issue on MY end, hows about a fucking suggestion as to a fix instead of a useless fucking 1 word post...Asshole.

Tiak
11-01-2009, 17:12
For those of you for whom it didn't work, then suddenly did, could you post how many days you have left on your sub?... It seems that subs that have been constant from launch are starting to hit their re-occurance period now, which may be what did it.

melipone
11-01-2009, 17:15
is this fucking for real? For the first time I am truely fucking pissed off at "AV".

What in the FUCK kind of cheese dick response is that you silly cunt? Why cant we use the fucking forums? When do you expect to have your shit sorted out? If it's an issue on MY end, hows about a fucking suggestion as to a fix instead of a useless fucking 1 word post...Asshole.

Cool huh. He probably doesn't know more than us though whats up, Should say more than a one word sarcastic answer tho if you're a Community Manager. Doesn't look to professional :D . Even a news post or an edit to the original post would be appreciated i'm sure

retrospect
11-01-2009, 20:14
For those of you for whom it didn't work, then suddenly did, could you post how many days you have left on your sub?... It seems that subs that have been constant from launch are starting to hit their re-occurance period now, which may be what did it.

I have almost 30 days left on my sub so waiting for it to re sub is not going to help me. This is just an annoying mistake it seems that they will hopefully fix soon.

I'm surprised i didn't respond to Brannoc like wormw00d as drunk as I was last night.

Mhorham
11-02-2009, 02:53

LOL I guess the days when Brannoc would rip the head off such as you and shit down your throat are gone.

so they leaving us old coots posting privileges? Thats unexpected.

MRBULL
11-02-2009, 02:58
hmm

Strondomir
11-02-2009, 02:59
It really doesn't matter. If they want you in their forum, they will let you in. If you disagree with anything they do, it is still their forum. The only thing I don't understand is they are only looking at active accounts.
I'd guess since you are "inactive" you can't post in the subscribers forums. Personally, I think this is a detriment to players and former players of the game. If we don't have true insight and can't express what we want in the game, it all succumbs to the paying accounts.
I think this is very wrong in my opinion. I don't want to have to link my subscription of any game I pay for to a public forum. But that's how I feel about it. I would rather have them NOT know who I am in the game.
If I want to tell them that, wouldn't you think I would use my in game name to begin with?
Maybe AV has a good thing going and wants it to be that way, and that's their decision. Perhaps if I actually thought I could contribute with constructive criticism, I would.
But since they have decided to do things like this, there really isn't a reason for anyone without a current paid subscription to be here?
They will just lock threads. Like I said before, it's their forum. Perhaps they will allow some of the better people to post in there, but I'm not holding my breath over it. It's okay. Whatever they decide, it is their choice.

wormw00d
11-02-2009, 03:22
LOL I guess the days when Brannoc would rip the head off such as you and shit down your throat are gone.

so they leaving us old coots posting privileges? Thats unexpected.

he can and will do what he wants. If you wanted to bother you could see I'm rarely off my chair raving mad about anything this game can do to me, even less so in regards to the forums.

This simple "no" response to the flood of PAYING customers who are asking themselves wtf is going on, was IMO equal to taking a big fat shit right on the community. Pisses me right the fuck off. A simple "we dont know wtf, were working on it, it'll be fixed when it's fixed" would have sat just fine with me. This silent treatment, not even as far as I can find letting us know there IS a PROBLEM at all as far as they can tell... and a 1 word post like that.... Bullshit, no other way to put it.

Edit: seems they finally did in fact tell "mr.white" so he could go ahead and let us know they know that we know that they know there is a problem that should be sorted out tomorrow.. Thanks guys!

retrospect
11-03-2009, 00:46
Still not fixed fyi.

Tiak
11-03-2009, 00:53
Still not fixed fyi.

Fixed for me. I just had to repeat the same steps for the 1000th time, and they finally did something.