PDA

View Full Version : My first day in darkfall.

CyanG
11-01-2009, 01:59
Hey Public forums,

Seeing as I cannot post on the subscriber forums even after linking my account I shall relate my experience from my first day of game-play here.

I logged on at about 1 oclock this afternoon after creating a human male. (NA1). After reading these forums I believed I would be chain ganked into the ground as soon as I spawned thus the rending noise upon logging in scared the crap out of me I thought I had already encountered my first enemy... but I found out it was just the normal loggin noise. Animations are actually quite nice in game I was skeptical about graphics and animations before playing but found them to be quite appealing once logging in. :bang:

Cut to 10 minutes later I had my screen configured and my first quests ready.. Off to kill gobbos. I showed alot of caution at first but then realized a lot of the newer players with me didn't want to cut me open and skin me as I had been led to believe but we actually worked together against the gobbo hoards.

Another little bit later I was done my first starter quests suited up and looking fancy in my studded armor and headed to a new town after meeting up with a nice dude who gave me some free wands and some advice. I made my way to this tower and got a quest to kill skeletons and zombies which was a very welcome suggestion considering I had just committed gobbo genocide. So I suited up and headed over to an island that seemed to be inhabited by a ton of undead...

I had a hard time dealing with them at first but then just as I was getting the hang of it a curve ball was thrown at me... I started being chased by my first person of a race other then mine.. It was an alfarr in full plate with a pole-arm... Being low on hp from fighting a ton of skeletons and zombies at once I ran into the water expecting to be shot down with a hail of arrows but instead my HP shot up to half and than full.... He healed me. So I waved and thanked him and went on my way killing more zombies and then having my doorbell ring 20 times decided to go greet trick or treaters for the rest of the night... /bank /quit

So my first day of darkfall was a blast. I had more fun in my first day of this game than with any other mmorpg. The constant fear of being chain ganked into the ground kept me on my toes although I didn't die once my entire first day I cant wait to be cut to pieces tomorrow! :ohno:

I sent in an application to "NEW" before logging hopefully I learn a lot more after going through that boot-camp. :idea:

chirker
11-01-2009, 02:09
Let me be the First, Welcome to Darkfall !

Omegataco
11-01-2009, 02:10
Noice. :D

Ozkar67
11-01-2009, 02:16
Guild for carebears, but sounded like you did great.

Just remmember, bank often. It happens when you least expect it, which is annoying.

I was farming yesterday, brought 2k+ regeants with me, used them all bindstone recalled aand was attacked then..

=p

ISVRaDa
11-01-2009, 02:25
Welcome to Agon CyanG :)

Have fun and take care!

edaw22
11-01-2009, 04:23
Good for you man, stick with it. its a great game

Good to see people are taking advantage of NEW.

Does anyone know if TRA has agreed to not kill NEW members also?

sshhaaoo
11-01-2009, 18:39
I'll tell yah what those new guys are fearless.

I took a grind break last night and went down to human lands to play with the noobs a little. I had about 7 noobs attacking me trying to bait me into tower range. But a couple NEW guys just walked up behind me started going about their business killing mobs stopping to loot my victims corpses once in a while. What the fuck game are they playing? lol..

Walking Target
11-01-2009, 18:44
Healed by a red? lol...that's pretty unusual.

Azorius
11-01-2009, 20:22
Healed by a red alfar fullplate?

Damn pretty lucky I would say.

Lex
11-01-2009, 22:28
Hey Public forums,

-After reading these forums I believed I would be chain ganked into the ground as soon as I spawned

-I showed alot of caution at first but then realized a lot of the newer players with me didn't want to cut me open and skin me as I had been led to believe

-I started being chased by my first person of a race other then mine. It was an alfarr in full plate with a pole-arm.

-I ran into the water expecting to be shot down with a hail of arrows

-The constant fear of being chain ganked into the ground kept me on my toes

Haha, do new players think DF is this bad?

Well you can't call new players carebear if they voluntarily chose to play a game like this. Welcome to Darkfall and may you have a pleasant stay.

Gidern
11-01-2009, 22:35
I am still having trouble downloading darkfall Says [appdatafolder]aventurine/darkfallUS/install there isnt enough space but i have 805GB free

Shioni
11-01-2009, 22:37
I'll come to chain gank you after transfers are up if it will make you feel better. :sly:

But I'm a bit of a noob myself, Ive only just gotton past the Ginger Magician easy boss.