PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this forum just going to get overrun with trolls scaring away potentialnewbies?

Dave_sp!
10-31-2009, 21:48
I really don't see how this is going to help - It just means that people who could actually answer questions validly are going to be somewhere else, where as all the trolls and MO fans can use this place to scare away darkfalls potential player base

Wreatch
10-31-2009, 21:50
This chan will have to be heavily moderated to keep the riff raff out.

Captain Kirk
10-31-2009, 21:50
We are still going to be able to post in the public sections so those forumparts are gonna stay the same!

And there isnt much MO and other mmo trolls here, only old players that troll around because they didnt have what it takes to play darkfall! ;)

melipone
10-31-2009, 21:54
People need a balanced set of views and can come here for that. Don't assume everyone critical towards AV is a troll btw. Theres a ton of players just waiting to come back when the game is at a point they're happy with.

Most people will browse the sub forum too to get a general feeling for the game

kazamx
10-31-2009, 21:56
At least now a new person to the forums can tell who has a sub and who doesn't.

melipone
10-31-2009, 21:57

How? Anyway this area will still be full of subscribers and non subscribers arguing just like before

forestchild
10-31-2009, 21:58
prolly still subscribers will post here also and maybe answer your questions dont worry.

But it should still be moderated so the haters/trolls will not scare new potential customers away.

Dave_sp!
10-31-2009, 21:59

There doesnt seem to be anything to indicate which posters are subscribers and which aren't, they won't know in here who to trust.

You guys seem to be of the opinion that subscribers are gonna be posting in here, i really don't think thats going to happen (not more than a handful anyway)

Corpsepoker
10-31-2009, 22:01
um lol, im pretty sure everyone is just going to ignore this forum section.

Bye bye Non subbers. :lmao:

kazamx
10-31-2009, 22:02
Sorry, what I meant was with the players section, you know everyone is a subscriber. In this section you know that while there may be some subscribers, there will also be the trolls and xplayers.

Before there were a lot of people claiming to be subscribers who clearly were not.

melipone
10-31-2009, 22:02
You guys seem to be of the opinion that subscribers are gonna be posting in here, i really don't think thats going to happen (not more than a handful anyway)

Well if it does get full of "trolls" I think we will find people trying to valiantly defend DF and counter every negative point someone might have.

I'm a subscriber btw, just can't post in the sub forum yet. Kinda think this area will be more busy anyway

Draxous
10-31-2009, 22:16
I really don't see how this is going to help - It just means that people who could actually answer questions validly are going to be somewhere else, where as all the trolls and MO fans can use this place to scare away darkfalls potential player base

I think it would be a good idea to keep the rest of the forums read only and let the people curious about this game ask questions and post things in this forum.

Mitigating the trolls who don't subscribe or even play this game is a good thing.

Dave_sp!
10-31-2009, 22:19
I think it would be a good idea to keep the rest of the forums read only and let the people curious about this game ask questions and post things in this forum.

Mitigating the trolls who don't subscribe or even play this game is a good thing.

It would have made more sense to make a subscriber only (viewing and posting) forum for complaints, and then just modded g.d properly

Honorius
10-31-2009, 22:19
The trolls left long ago. I'm still here, but the other Lords yell at me.

empa
10-31-2009, 22:22
fucking chill out

melipone
10-31-2009, 22:25
It would have made more sense to make a subscriber only (viewing and posting) forum for complaints, and then just modded g.d properly

People who aren't sub'd atm have a right to give some input imo. If AV only listened to people who were already happy with the game they would ignore a huge part of their potential market. Just gotta put up with the trolls I guess. I don't think theres as many as people make out anyway, just everyone gets lumped together as a troll to some people, like you're not allowed to question anything or have a different opinion

Also needs to be a place for potential subscribers to ask questions before they make their purchase

Draxous
10-31-2009, 22:25

Nay. Read only is fine because you can see every discussion and it will be a depiction of what players are experiencing. People who don't contribute to a players gaming experience shouldn't have influence over it. We pay for this game and its not right that people who don't come into this house and shit on the floor.

Draxous
10-31-2009, 22:28
People who aren't sub'd atm have a right to give some input imo. If AV only listened to people who were already happy with the game they would ignore a huge part of their potential market. Just gotta put up with the trolls I guess. I don't think theres as many as people make out anyway, just everyone gets lumped together as a troll to some people, like you're not allowed to question anything or have a different opinion

Also needs to be a place for potential subscribers to ask questions before they make their purchase

It's not like a feedback forum can't be created for non-players too.

melipone
10-31-2009, 22:29
Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Draxous
10-31-2009, 22:57
Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Make a feedback forum for unsubscribers. Those who bought the game and no longer play.

Dunmer
10-31-2009, 23:22
I'd say that if people want to read about what the game is like, they'll go read the subscriber forums. It's not like they're hidden or anything.