PDA

View Full Version : Law Abiding Citizen

Drock
10-30-2009, 02:23
What did you guys think of this movie?

Bottom line, if you take away all the fluff (how he was able to pull of what he did, the probability of someone being able to do that, etc), and get to the core point that our judicial system is a corrupt worthless piece of crap, and something seriously needs to be done, like a total overhaul. I think this was a great movie. I mostly just enjoyed the point they made about how legal matters are handled in this country, and how all the participating parties (judges, lawyers etc) do not have their priorities straight.

dinkfall
10-30-2009, 10:30
Who is a law abiding citizen here? I'm pretty sure everyone of you could be arrested for something if the cops just took the effort and tried to.

The Dark Zealot
10-30-2009, 14:31
How did it end? The stupid streamer stopped at the part where he catches him using the secret door.

I hope it ends with him killing everyone, then walking off into the sunset whistling a jolly good tune.

Bissen
10-30-2009, 15:31

Bottom line, if you take away all the fluff (how he was able to pull of what he did, the probability of someone being able to do that, etc), and get to the core point that our judicial system is a corrupt worthless piece of crap, and something seriously needs to be done, like a total overhaul. I think this was a great movie. I mostly just enjoyed the point they made about how legal matters are handled in this country, and how all the participating parties (judges, lawyers etc) do not have their priorities straight.

HOW THE FUCK SHOULD WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!?

douche

Milo Hobgoblin
10-30-2009, 17:04

One of my sons and a good friend were put through the ringer by our judicial system. In both cases the charges were dismissed.. but in both cases they spent more than a month in jail waiting, because their bails were set so high we couldnt afford to get them out.

In spite of the "right to a speedy trial" their cases were regulary rescheduled becasue the DA or public defender in each case had better things to do.. so they just sat in jail.

And jail in North Country San Diego is worse than prison (as told to me by multiple friends who have been to both). Its filled with Mexican gang bangers, uillegal aliens and the gaurds treat everyone like absolute shit. The food is inedible.. fucking horrible place.

Jail should suck.. but our court systems shoudlnt dick people around when they know they dont have the evidence to prosectue them.. they wil let you sit in jail knowing they cant prosecute until the last minute,... then just dismiss the charges.

If you are wealthy.. a good lawyer who can dedicate all his time to your cause will get around this.. but for the average middle class schmoe.. you're fucked. Worse yet.. you will probabl ose your job.. even if you did nothing wrong.. and the courts are NOT held accountable for it.

The courts should be strictly held to "speedy trial" laws.. if they were they would stop going after people against whom they have no evidence.. but because they are allowed to be sloppy and can just let you rot by constantly extending court dates for arbitrary reasons... they just keep playing the same game.

-Jotun
10-30-2009, 18:17
the start of the movie was amazing but unfortunately it went downhill and COMPLETELY FUCKING RANDOM from then on out, plus the ending sucked a donkey penis wrapped in bull testicles.

Baralis
10-31-2009, 04:35
In spite of the "right to a speedy trial" their cases were regulary rescheduled becasue the DA or public defender in each case had better things to do.. so they just sat in jail.

I believe the limit is 1 year. How anyone considers this a speedy trial I'll never know. They must never have spent any time in jail.

And you are right, so many DA's are just fucking pricks that should never have the job. Many are corrupt and do not care about the innocence of a defendent but rather only thier own careers. To them being sucessful means convicting all that come in front of them and nothing at all to do with guilt.