PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep, need help

holyhitman
09-26-2009, 07:06
I haven't been able to sleep good recently. Maybe 5-7 days in a row.

I am getting a sports bike. My thoughts are all around it. Have to get wait for tuesday to get it. I am sick of my job, I have an interview on monday and i really want to get that job (pays almost double of what I make now). Don't really feel like playing DF until they put some love to archery.

So I haven't been able to sleep. So last night and tonight I've been drinking beers and playing Gears 2. It is 2 am here and I would really like going to sleep. Gears is boring by now since I am so good and always get first place :ninja:

Need help. Is there a meditation thing that helps you sleep and not to worry about crap?

Downloading patch for DF, thinking maybe I can go somewhere and die by some magic AOEs and get tired and go to sleep.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

Edit: GF is on a period and she doesn't want to give me BJs cause "her belly and back hurts" lolololl =(

Serenius
09-26-2009, 07:19
I haven't been able to sleep good recently. Maybe 5-7 days in a row.

I am getting a sports bike. My thoughts are all around it. Have to get wait for tuesday to get it. I am sick of my job, I have an interview on monday and i really want to get that job (pays almost double of what I make now). Don't really feel like playing DF until they put some love to archery.

So I haven't been able to sleep. So last night and tonight I've been drinking beers and playing Gears 2. It is 2 am here and I would really like going to sleep. Gears is boring by now since I am so good and always get first place :ninja:

Need help. Is there a meditation thing that helps you sleep and not to worry about crap?

Downloading patch for DF, thinking maybe I can go somewhere and die by some magic AOEs and get tired and go to sleep.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

Edit: GF is on a period and she doesn't want to give me BJs cause "her belly and back hurts" lolololl =(

Time to dump that bitch.

But for real, getting really drunk always gives me the best sleep.

holyhitman
09-26-2009, 07:21
Time to dump that bitch.

But for real, getting really drunk always gives me the best sleep.

I got a headache this morning from drinking last night. I am drinking anyway but don't really want to get drunk too much. Long day tomorrow.

Serenius
09-26-2009, 07:37
Live life on the edge!

Also go to the store and buy some nyquil.

EDIT: Or you could find someone with valume and take that, shit will knock you out. That's what I did when I was trying to fix my sleep schedule for school.

Paganini
09-26-2009, 07:41
Honestly when I want to sleep and pot/alcohol/exercise during the day don't work, I just lie down and watch ESPN

Serenius
09-26-2009, 07:46
Honestly when I want to sleep and pot/alcohol/exercise during the day don't work, I just lie down and watch ESPN

Excellent suggestion, does the trick easy assuming you don't give a shit about sports.

holyhitman
09-26-2009, 08:03
Just killed a guy in DF named Darius Victus. Fool wanted to fight back vs me with a bow. I'm wearing plate/scale/banded and he is wearing a robe.

don't think i'm going to sleep yet lol

Jemal
09-26-2009, 10:14
Have you tried Tylenol PM?

Jemal

kab112
09-26-2009, 10:32
It's because of aliens probing your ass I tell ya! It's aaaall happened before many times like on Star Trek TNG!!! WATCH OUT FOR CLICKING SOUNDS, WATCH OUT FOR THEM!!!!!

Tzacharu
09-26-2009, 11:27
Eh, I have this problem from time to time.

It is currently 6:23 AM where I live and haven't slept yet. I take naps during the day and usually go to classes with four hours of sleep from the night before. It's starting to annoy me.

One of the best tips for sleeping imo is separating your bedroom from everything else. Make your bedroom purely for sleeping. Don't watch TV, play video games, or eat in your room. This takes away the association of activity from your sleeping environment.

I found drugs like Tylenol PM don't help me at all, maybe they'll help you. Also, it's a no brainer, but don't drink soda or coffee before you sleep. Keep your mind off whatever you're doing for about an hour before you sleep to keep yourself occupied on something else, and hopefully forget all about whatever it was that was bothering you.

That's the only advice I got.

sileno
09-26-2009, 12:03
drink milk,apparently contains a proteine that helps to sleep

open ur windows ,fresh oxigen help as well

breath deeply and think at something like a calm lake in the middle of nowhere(where pks cant reach u)

Brainfreeze
09-26-2009, 13:16
One of the best tips for sleeping imo is separating your bedroom from everything else. Make your bedroom purely for sleeping. Don't watch TV, play video games, or eat in your room. This takes away the association of activity from your sleeping environment.

This.

And step away from the computer/console a few hours before you want to go to sleep. Do a workout during the day, make your body tired. Get the same routine going each evening.

Other than that, it seems like you have some stuff on your mind, so losing some sleep is pretty "normal", as long as it doesn't go on for ages.