PDA

View Full Version : Politics: So I am a proud owner of 33k horses. You too btw!

Silverhandorder
09-18-2009, 04:08
http://5minforecast.agorafinancial.com/

“Out in the plains of Wyoming, you own a very large horse operation,” reports our currency man Bill Jenkins, keeping with the theme. “Let me tell you all about it…

“The Bureau of Land Management, in its infinite wisdom, looked at a herd of wild mustangs and decided that they could no longer fend for themselves or find their own food. That perhaps the food was scarcer than it had been, and this could lead to detrimental results for the horses.

“And so, employing pickup trucks and helicopters (we’ve come a long way from the Ponderosa), they rounded up these majestic beasts into a huge pen. And when I say huge, I mean the government has currently collected 33,000 horses. Again, in its infinite wisdom, it has provided birth equine control (at no cost to the horses). In addition, it is doing DNA testing to identify the horses individually. (Again, at no cost to the horses.)

“They are housed and fed at a cost so far this year of $35 million. That’s right -- 35 MILLION dollars, paid by you. But you can go adopt one if you like. You’ve paid for it. All you have to do is get there; I guess you could ride your horse home.”

Heh, the BLM just announced today the last adoption event. On Sept. 26, it’ll auction off 57 Pryor Mountain horses. Bidding starts at $125 a pop.

I hope no environmentalist here would defend such a deplorable action. This really touched me. These fucks just misplaced a wild herd, and are selling them for domestication. Not only does that fuck with the the ecosystem, I bet many of these horses will end up as dog food :(.

Tenebrion
09-18-2009, 04:20
http://5minforecast.agorafinancial.com/
I bet many of these horses will end up as dog food :(.

and I'll bet they'll be delicious.

Drake Necrosis
09-18-2009, 04:20
I killed your mother.

Silverhandorder
09-18-2009, 04:23
and I'll bet they'll be delicious.

You never ate horse? You missed out my friend. I suggest you take a detour sometime to a farm.

PirateGlen
09-18-2009, 04:45
You should try reading stuff laced with less ideology. The only "pen" these horses are in are the united states. The 33,000 horses are spread across ten states.

Tenebrion
09-18-2009, 04:48
You never ate horse? You missed out my friend. I suggest you take a detour sometime to a farm.

I have eaten horse, ostrich, caribou, orca, and buffalo, among many other animals.

Silverhandorder
09-18-2009, 05:31
You should try reading stuff laced with less ideology. The only "pen" these horses are in are the united states. The 33,000 horses are spread across ten states.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/AmazingAnimals/WireStory?id=6261967&page=1

A report issued last week by the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress, said the BLM needs to consider euthanizing horses or selling them to reduce spiraling costs of keeping them in long-term holding pens.

But what does the GAO know huh?

ejnomad07
09-18-2009, 06:01

Well, considering you spent the first half talking about how stupid the goverment is. Do you really want to use the goverment to defend yourself now too?

Silverhandorder
09-18-2009, 06:13
Well, considering you spent the first half talking about how stupid the goverment is. Do you really want to use the goverment to defend yourself now too?

I want them to stop rounding up the horses and selling them off or killing them off. That is all.

Zyrokin
09-18-2009, 06:29
I have eaten horse, ostrich, caribou, orca, and buffalo, among many other animals.

No crocodile??? amatuer

PirateGlen
09-18-2009, 07:00

What did that GAO say that contradicted me? You should've linked this originally.

Mordhak
09-18-2009, 11:47

No, the pen is so big it covers 10 states.

Dark Lily
09-18-2009, 12:08

I'd like to try more things, but it's not that easy to diversify in rural England.

StainlessSteelRat
09-18-2009, 14:49
Save the smelts!!

Kill the mustangs!!

Some of you appear to worship gov't. You leap to defend everything they do. It's so arbitrary....

doomahx
09-18-2009, 15:55
When I go to belgium we eat something that has horse meat in it, yum.

Mordhak
09-18-2009, 15:57
When I go to belgium we eat something that has horse meat in it, yum.

That was not horse meat.

doomahx
09-18-2009, 15:59
That was not horse meat.

frikandel, a yummy deep fried sausage made of horse, chicken, beef and pork. Covered in mayo and onions

Mordhak
09-18-2009, 16:11
frikandel, a yummy deep fried sausage made of horse, chicken, beef and pork. Covered in mayo and onions

Frikandel is fried, mechanically separated chicken meat. There is no horse meat in it. Or any real meat whatsoever.

Dark Lily
09-18-2009, 16:18
Frikandel is fried, mechanically separated chicken meat. There is no horse meat in it. Or any real meat whatsoever.

Oh yum yum! :rolleyes:

I thought you told me Belgium had good food.

Mordhak
09-18-2009, 16:20
Oh yum yum! :rolleyes:

I thought you told me Belgium had good food.

Frikandel is the gross, fatty shit you can buy in... frie places. Where everything is gross and fatty, and highly unhealthy. But so yummy.

Dark Lily
09-18-2009, 17:23
Frikandel is the gross, fatty shit you can buy in... frie places. Where everything is gross and fatty, and highly unhealthy. But so yummy.

You seem well acquainted with these places. Are you sure you're not a fatty? *prods*

Mordhak
09-18-2009, 17:25
You seem well acquainted with these places. Are you sure you're not a fatty? *prods*

Of course I'm well acquainted with these places. There's one on every corner of the street here. Every tiny ass village here always has at least 3 things in Belgium: a newspaper store, a bakery and a fry place.

And yes, you got me. I'm a total lardass.

Tenebrion
09-18-2009, 18:48
Some of you appear to worship gov't. You leap to defend everything they do. It's so arbitrary....

It's not our fault that horse purée is so delicious.

SSguy
09-18-2009, 23:03

The government doesn't know how to do anything, according to you.

Silverhandorder
09-18-2009, 23:24
The government doesn't know how to do anything, according to you.

Got me there.

If government knows what it's doing then GOA should be an authority you respect. If government doesn't know what its doing then why the fuck are they handling horses in the first place?

See my logic there?

Paralda
09-19-2009, 03:59
Got me there.

If government knows what it's doing then GOA should be an authority you respect. If government doesn't know what its doing then why the fuck are they handling horses in the first place?

See my logic there?

I think they're commenting on how you claim the government is a bunch of dumbfucks ALL THE TIME and then use data from them as evidence to random arguments.

Silverhandorder
09-19-2009, 04:14
I think they're commenting on how you claim the government is a bunch of dumbfucks ALL THE TIME and then use data from them as evidence to random arguments.

As pointed out in the spoiler it does not matter what I think if the person reading my link believes them.