PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck for President

Sorath
09-16-2009, 20:01
So many ignorant lunatics in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y

Grisu
09-16-2009, 20:21
screw Glen Back, go Glen Benton! (http://mikahaeneus.blogsome.com/images/GlenBentonForPresident.JPG)

Sorath
09-16-2009, 20:28
screw Glen Back, go Glen Benton! (http://mikahaeneus.blogsome.com/images/GlenBentonForPresident.JPG)

Heh.. I just can't believe how many people take Glenn Beck seriously. 98% of the shit they said in that video was <insert word that means embarrassing, pathetic, ignorant/uneducated, etc.>

Bawlin
09-16-2009, 20:44
Heh.. I just can't believe how many people take Glenn Beck seriously. 98% of the shit they said in that video was <insert word that means embarrassing, pathetic, ignorant/uneducated, etc.>

Well you also have to consider the bias here. It was filmed by some group called the New Left, which is some kind of hippie-like activism? They probably filmed for quite a while, and edited their footage down to 9 minutes of the most ignorant people they found. Yes the things said by the people they interviewed were quite appalling, but you can't assume every single person was that idiotic. I'm sure they filmed plenty of people who knew exactly what they were talking about and why they were there. I do agree that Glenn Beck is garbage though.

Marrik
09-16-2009, 20:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLs4bcjkwfg

best Glenn Beck ever imo.

he gets so worked up over his vague conspiracy theory that he stops even sort of trying to explain it, and just yells the words while writing frantically on a big chalkboard full of names with arrows to other names and charts and graphs with more names and arrows.

"JEFF JONES! VAN JONES! ENVIRONMENTALISTS! LABOR UNIONS! BARRACK OBAMA! COMMUNISM!!!"

Sorath
09-16-2009, 20:50
Well you also have to consider the bias here. It was filmed by some group called the New Left, which is some kind of hippie-like activism? They probably filmed for quite a while, and edited their footage down to 9 minutes of the most ignorant people they found. Yes the things said by the people they interviewed were quite appalling, but you can't assume every single person was that idiotic. I'm sure they filmed plenty of people who knew exactly what they were talking about and why they were there. I do agree that Glenn Beck is garbage though.

Believe it or not, this "Tea party" group came through my town for a rally. You can guess that we had a lot of problems with these people. But I have yet to see any actual arguments come from people like this for any debated issue.

Anyways good to see some vVv still around. Shame you never played with us after launch.

Sorath
09-16-2009, 20:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLs4bcjkwfg

best Glenn Beck ever imo.

he gets so worked up over his vague conspiracy theory that he stops even sort of trying to explain it, and just yells the words while writing frantically on a big chalkboard full of names with arrows to other names and charts and graphs with more names and arrows.

"JEFF JONES! VAN JONES! ENVIRONMENTALISTS! LABOR UNIONS! BARRACK OBAMA! COMMUNISM!!!"

Heh, I watch TYT almost every night. Great show.

Blixa
09-16-2009, 21:00

lol, that video is driven by ignorance. He picked out a few obviously retarded people at the tea party who have no idea what they're talking about, awesome! What this has to do with anything is beyond me though, does he really try to imply that those kind of people are only present in the libertarian movement?

Tenebrion
09-16-2009, 21:10

Honestly, the people in this video are why I've lost all hope for humanity.

"All that stands in the way of universal health care in America are the greed of the medical-industrial complex, the lies of the right-wing propaganda machine, and the gullibility of voters who believe those lies.

Let's not let volume beat reason"

So true.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 21:13
In general people are dumb both on the right and the left.

Tenebrion
09-16-2009, 21:14
lol, that video is driven by ignorance. He picked out a few obviously retarded people at the tea party who have no idea what they're talking about, awesome! What this has to do with anything is beyond me though

Acorn?

Tenebrion
09-16-2009, 21:16
In general people are dumb both on the right and the left.

Shining example, amiright?

When I saw the kid, standing next to his mother, talking about how "Obama basically ruined everything, basically", it reminded me alot of you.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 21:18
Acorn?

Yeah compare an organization that gets paid by the government to bunch of protesters. Somehow I would expect Acorn to be much more vetted then a crowd of 800k people.

Which brings me to the next point. It is easier to collect stupid comments in that crowd then from an organization that has offices all over the country.

Shining example, amiright?

When I saw the kid, standing next to his mother, talking about how "Obama basically ruined everything, basically", it reminded me alot of you.

Ah there comes the partisan. Not only did I insult the left in the post you quoted but the right also. But yet yet you are just this bad that you can't even frame your attack the right way.

Btw in case your retarded brain has not registered yet but I am on record here against Bush and rep leadership.

Tzacharu
09-16-2009, 21:26
Yea, they're idiots.

So are a bunch of Obama followers and liberals. The same could be done for any liberal march or protest, should there be any. You'd see the same ignorance.

The political part aside, I probably /facepalmed more times in that 9 minutes than any hour of my life.

SSguy
09-16-2009, 21:26
lol, that video is driven by ignorance. He picked out a few obviously retarded people at the tea party who have no idea what they're talking about, awesome! What this has to do with anything is beyond me though, does he really try to imply that those kind of people are only present in the libertarian movement?

A few? Try about 9/10 of them.
Majority of people against the bill don't know jack shit about it, and yap on about death panels.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 21:29
A few? Try about 9/10 of them.
Majority of people against the bill don't know jack shit about it, and yap on about death panels.

Does it pay for people that can't afford healthcare? Does it provide a public option? Those things the republicans are against. Are those false?

This is a dose of your own medicine. You are fine with 51% deciding as long as you are part of it. As soon as 51% is against your platform they become deathpanel paranoia victims.

ikhoefnix
09-16-2009, 21:32

yes. anyone who doesn't like obama is obviously stupid.

SSguy
09-16-2009, 21:41
Does it pay for people that can't afford healthcare? Does it provide a public option? Those things the republicans are against. Are those false?

This is a dose of your own medicine. You are fine with 51% deciding as long as you are part of it. As soon as 51% is against your platform they become deathpanel paranoia victims.

You were that young short haired blond kid in the video weren't you?

Apex Vertigo
09-16-2009, 21:43

I wouldn't be even a little surprised if those were the very first people he interviewed. It's likely they interviewed a few who are actually knowledgeable about what their own sign meant but you don't have to look hard to find an idiotic red neck who votes red because that's what his papa and his great ol' gran pops fought and died fer' against dem' der chinks!

*Racism for the lulz... I dated a chink so I can say that.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 21:46
You were that young short haired blond kid in the video weren't you?

You are the liberal that always insults to avoid an argument aren't you?

SSguy
09-16-2009, 21:54
You are the liberal that always insults to avoid an argument aren't you?

No, just that you've repeatedly proven yourself not worth arguing with.

You are the guy who stands on his soapbox, spams garbage, lies, and unfounded paranoia.....then you get disproven and embarrased, then you come back 10 minutes later and do it again.

You are like the retarded offspring of creationalism meets scientology.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 21:56
No, just that you've repeatedly proven yourself not worth arguing with.

You are the guy who stands on his soapbox, spams garbage, lies, and unfounded paranoia.....then you get disproven and embarrased, then you come back 10 minutes later and do it again.

You are like the retarded offspring of creationalism meets scientology.

So not worth arguing that you make sure to reply to my posts. :rolleyes:

SSguy
09-16-2009, 22:04
So not worth arguing that you make sure to reply to my posts. :rolleyes:

We aren't arguing.....I'm calling you a moron. Theres a difference.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 22:09
We aren't arguing.....I'm calling you a moron. Theres a difference.

Yeah coming from the guy that can't see the simple truth of how wrong he is about life.

PirateGlen
09-16-2009, 22:11
Why did you stop responding in the germany thread? Have you come to accept that your "voluntary" bullshit is just that?

StrawberryClock
09-16-2009, 22:12
This is the side of Glenn Beck that should lead this nation. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_0Kt_e3Go)

For you people who are too lazy to youtube it, here's the good parts:

"This president I think has exposed himself as a guy over and over again who has a deep-seated hatred for white people..."

Moments later.

"I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem, This guy I believe is a racist."

Villageninja
09-16-2009, 22:14
I love how the people trashed the fuck out of their own streets.

Way to go idiots, that will show them.

PirateGlen
09-16-2009, 22:14
I wouldn't be even a little surprised if those were the very first people he interviewed. It's likely they interviewed a few who are actually knowledgeable about what their own sign meant but you don't have to look hard to find an idiotic red neck who votes red because that's what his papa and his great ol' gran pops fought and died fer' against dem' der chinks!

*Racism for the lulz... I dated a chink so I can say that.

Some of the people interviewed may have been able to better articulate answers when not put "on the spot". It's not always easy to recollect the things you know the instant you need to know them.

I have no doubt that the anti-czar posse had no idea about anything to do with czars. I suspect they were asking the same questions Glenn Beck asked on his program with the assumption that if Glenn Beck doesn't know, no one could possibly know.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 22:16
Why did you stop responding in the germany thread? Have you come to accept that your "voluntary" bullshit is just that?

No I'm waiting until the weekend before I get into a big discussion. With school I don't have time to get bogged down in serious discussions.

The Critic
09-16-2009, 22:24
I bet if it was a vagina convention and that reporter was in the crowd it'd be easy to make him look retarded. Just sayin.

StainlessSteelRat
09-16-2009, 22:31
I love how the people trashed the fuck out of their own streets.

Way to go idiots, that will show them.

You are basing this off of the 1 overflowing trash can?

If you want to blame someone, blame the incompetent city employees/government who issued the permit but decided not to take any steps to accommodate that many people.

PirateGlen
09-16-2009, 22:32
No I'm waiting until the weekend before I get into a big discussion. With school I don't have time to get bogged down in serious discussions.

It's vewy sewious to answer why someone would agree to let bad things happen to them.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 22:36
It's vewy sewious to answer why someone would agree to let bad things happen to them.

Ok my 5 min to read my text book outweigh the importance of converting small tyrant to sound way of thinking.

Villageninja
09-16-2009, 22:39
You are basing this off of the 1 overflowing trash can?

If you want to blame someone, blame the incompetent city employees/government who issued the permit but decided not to take any steps to accommodate that many people.

No I think I'll just go ahead and blame the people that trashed it, not the people who maintain the trash cans, thanks for your opinion though.

PirateGlen
09-16-2009, 22:43
Ok my 5 min to read my text book outweigh the importance of converting small tyrant to sound way of thinking.

But we got lots of time to talk about Glenn Beck, easy breezy.

Silverhandorder
09-16-2009, 22:52
But we got lots of time to talk about Glenn Beck, easy breezy.

Ofcourse.

Vanno
09-16-2009, 23:37
So, there are dumb people in opposition of HR 3200, et al. What exactly are you trying to insinuate from that; all opposition is therfore dumb, or are you just patting yourself on the back because you don't think your as completely oblivious as they are?

Ziegler
09-16-2009, 23:51
yes. anyone who doesn't like obama is obviously racist.

/fixt

Apex Vertigo
09-17-2009, 00:10
Some of the people interviewed may have been able to better articulate answers when not put "on the spot". It's not always easy to recollect the things you know the instant you need to know them.

I have no doubt that the anti-czar posse had no idea about anything to do with czars. I suspect they were asking the same questions Glenn Beck asked on his program with the assumption that if Glenn Beck doesn't know, no one could possibly know.

That is true in most of these 'flash interviews' but this time the guy was simply asking them why they were there or what their sign meant. You should at the very least know why you are at a protest or what your own sign means.

SSguy
09-17-2009, 00:15
That is true in most of these 'flash interviews' but this time the guy was simply asking them why they were there or what their sign meant. You should at the very least know why you are at a protest or what your own sign means.

Oooo ooo, don't forget the guy with the joe wilson for president sign, who after being enlightened decided he is not supporting joe wilson. That was some good stuff.

Apex Vertigo
09-17-2009, 00:25
Oooo ooo, don't forget the guy with the joe wilson for president sign, who after being enlightened decided he is not supporting joe wilson. That was some good stuff.

Lol that was gold.

Systemaddict
09-17-2009, 03:52
First off I'm going to say this without even looking at the video.

All sides have their stupid people.
Stupidity isn't reserved for any one political party.

Its easy to find the dumb ones and classify everyone in that same category, but that is ignorant. It puts you in the same category as the one you're making fun of if you honestly believe that everyone in that group is like that.

O but I forgot its OK when you do it because you are you and everyone else is everyone else.

Sorath
09-17-2009, 10:38
First off I'm going to say this without even looking at the video.

All sides have their stupid people.
Stupidity isn't reserved for any one political party.

Its easy to find the dumb ones and classify everyone in that same category, but that is ignorant. It puts you in the same category as the one you're making fun of if you honestly believe that everyone in that group is like that.

O but I forgot its OK when you do it because you are you and everyone else is everyone else.

cool story bro

Sqarak
09-17-2009, 15:42

People are just frustrated and they just believe about anyone who acknowledges their frustration. Most people also have no real clue what politics is about in general, so it's not surprising that most of them chant al kinds of silly stuff that they just picked up while watching tv.

The only thing these people can be blamed for is for not doing any proper thinking and research of themselves before going out on a stroll or "march" through DC. It doesn't make their sense of frustration any less legit.

Tenebrion
09-17-2009, 20:58
It doesn't make their sense of frustration any less legit.

Actually, it exactly makes their sense of frustration less "legit". By definition.

PirateGlen
09-17-2009, 21:43
People are just frustrated and they just believe about anyone who acknowledges their frustration. Most people also have no real clue what politics is about in general, so it's not surprising that most of them chant al kinds of silly stuff that they just picked up while watching tv.

The only thing these people can be blamed for is for not doing any proper thinking and research of themselves before going out on a stroll or "march" through DC. It doesn't make their sense of frustration any less legit.

Are you a woman? Irrational thought is not justified by bleeding, ignorance, or lazyness.

Sqarak
09-18-2009, 08:34
Are you a woman? Irrational thought is not justified by bleeding, ignorance, or lazyness.

I actually wanted to say LOL STUPID YANKEES, but it's such a sensitive issue calling them for what they are.

Hellsink
09-18-2009, 09:06
This reminds me of the editor of local humour magazine, that ended his magazine saying "It's no use to publish parodies of reality anymore when the reality itself has become a parody.".