PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 1 - The OFFICIAL Thread

Barbarossa
09-11-2009, 05:24
Did you all really think I'd let an NFL season go by without chiming in here?

My Steelers won it in overtime 13-10 against the Tennessee Turds.

They stick it to 'da Bears' next week.

More NFL this Sunday...see you then!

Nevron
09-11-2009, 05:37
Pfft, Ben Roflsberger.

Dark Lily
09-11-2009, 08:17
Next Sunday? Oooh I can't wait. :rolleyes:

ejnomad07
09-11-2009, 18:23
Hell yeah! The fun begins!

Fro
09-11-2009, 19:14

This forum belongs to us euros now only realy football threads are allowed.

Nevron
09-11-2009, 19:20

That would explain why most threads are US related. The best part is I'm not even being sarcastic.

chado12
09-11-2009, 19:27

My friends laughed at me for drafting S.Holmes as one of my staring WR's in fantasy football.

They're not laughing anymore:P

88Chaz88
09-12-2009, 10:14
Play a real sport.

That is all.

Barbarossa
09-12-2009, 10:47
Truces are for real french people.

Have it your way then, Frog...mourir dans un feu.

Play a real sport.

That is all.

And for you...le soccer est pour les hommes qui agissent comme les femmes.

88Chaz88
09-12-2009, 11:09
And for you...le soccer est pour les hommes qui agissent comme les femmes.

Ahem, I'm Sudanese, over here my favourite sport is dodge-rock. Basically like dodgeball but with only one gloriously bloody outcome.

Rhade
09-12-2009, 11:14
Chargers.
Superbowl.

Steelers can only ask for so many punts-off-bolts'-helmets to save them so many times from us.

We tore through many of the "elite" teams in the postseason last year with LT injured, Gates hurt, Cromartie hurt, Merriman out; suffice to say, we were extremely banged up, and Pittsburgh barely managed to pull out a win. We're healthy this year, and if we stay that way, I honestly don't think you guys have a chance.

Barbarossa
09-12-2009, 12:24
Chargers.
Superbowl.

Steelers can only ask for so many punts-off-bolts'-helmets to save them so many times from us.

We tore through many of the "elite" teams in the postseason last year with LT injured, Gates hurt, Cromartie hurt, Merriman out; suffice to say, we were extremely banged up, and Pittsburgh barely managed to pull out a win. We're healthy this year, and if we stay that way, I honestly don't think you guys have a chance.

LOL!

So you're going to make excuses while it is well known throughout the league that Pittsburgh had the TOUGHEST schedule in all of the NFL last year, overcame that and won the SuperBowl.

You guys went 8/16 last year and had a cake ass schedule and BARELY squeezed into the playoffs and that was only because the AFC West sucks horribly. Zero competition.

'Elite teams'? You beat the Colts in a Wild Card. The Wild Card playoffs are kind of like the special olympics. Then you came to Pittsburgh and what happened...you finally DID play an 'elite team'.

I guess that win Pittsburgh managed to pull out must have been the regular season because we stomped your asses in the playoffs...35-24

All that matters is the 'W'...especially in the post-season.

Good luck to you, though. I like the Bolts but not when they are playing my boys. :D

ikhoefnix
09-13-2009, 01:02
Football is a great excuse to BBQ and drink beer, but people take that shit way too seriously.

Sinical
09-13-2009, 03:18
I don't know if you know this... but the steelers have a super bad o-line, as shown by Big Ben getting sacked 23 times a game. But atleast they have pauly... o wait. (that was a sick one handed int though.)

Da Bears, gonna have a lot better chance since pauly is out.

Rhade
09-13-2009, 07:53
LOL!

So you're going to make excuses while it is well known throughout the league that Pittsburgh had the TOUGHEST schedule in all of the NFL last year, overcame that and won the SuperBowl.

You guys went 8/16 last year and had a cake ass schedule and BARELY squeezed into the playoffs and that was only because the AFC West sucks horribly. Zero competition.

'Elite teams'? You beat the Colts in a Wild Card. The Wild Card playoffs are kind of like the special olympics. Then you came to Pittsburgh and what happened...you finally DID play an 'elite team'.

I guess that win Pittsburgh managed to pull out must have been the regular season because we stomped your asses in the playoffs...35-24

All that matters is the 'W'...especially in the post-season.

Good luck to you, though. I like the Bolts but not when they are playing my boys. :D

If it takes phantom pass interference calls, your punts bouncing off our players helmet to give you a go-ahead touchdown for, an "elite" team, to beat us banged up -- I'd say we have a pretty good shot when we're healthy, assuming you guys don't win the lottery again.

Steelers are a good team, no doubt.
But I really don't think their fabled D can withstand Rivers (Best QB in the league last year), LT, Gates, Sproles, VJ and our huge amount of offensive weapons.

Villageninja
09-13-2009, 08:05
Go Saints!

Capitulation
09-13-2009, 17:39
More like...Vikings win the Superbowl!

Tibernicus
09-13-2009, 17:56

I love Euros think that Americans invented the term soccer and "batardized" their game of football.

Pro tip, learn your own fucking history, its your own damn fault.

Reason soccer is popular? Cause dirt shit poor countries in a dusty desert can kick a ball around. You need to have quite a bit of money to run a football team.

Barbarossa
09-13-2009, 19:14
On a side note, Cincinnati is living up to their nickname of the BUNGLES...

Signus
09-15-2009, 00:29
Patriots looking good, and looks like NFL reporters are FINALLY giving them decent coverage instead of trying to pretend they don't exist.

Tzacharu
09-15-2009, 03:16
Patriots looking good, and looks like NFL reporters are FINALLY giving them decent coverage instead of trying to pretend they don't exist.

They're too busy covering Brett Favre for the zillionth hour. Every time I hear that name I want to switch channels.

In other news the Patriots just put their first game in the books, and in come back fashion. 12 points in the last few minutes to win it. I was able to catch the end, and I regret not being able to watch it all. 25 - 24 over the Bills.

Better luck next time.. that makes it twelve in a row against the Bills at home.

Signus
09-15-2009, 03:26
They're too busy covering Brett Favre for the zillionth hour. Every time I hear that name I want to switch channels.

In other news the Patriots just put their first game in the books, and in come back fashion. 12 points in the last few minutes to win it. I was able to catch the end, and I regret not being able to watch it all. 25 - 24 over the Bills.

Better luck next time.. that makes it twelve in a row against the Bills at home.

It was a heart attack educing game. Bills played GREAT, Pats not so much, but pulled it together in the end. Guess they're getting back up to speed with the new players and getting Brady back into the swing.

In other news, sacking the quarterback is apparently illegal now in the NFL, after the BS calls on the Pats.

Nunz
09-15-2009, 03:38
"Number 77 please stop being fucking retarded. You're delaying the pats inevitable come back and win"