PDA

View Full Version : Oh God no...

Apex Vertigo
07-18-2009, 08:30
I've started talking to one of my friends gf's about her religion because she basically begged me for an argument. It's kind of like she wants to be convinced otherwise but I seem to lose friends this way. Please stop me :(...

-Jotun
07-18-2009, 08:37
Why waste time with religious people?

I stopped having conversations about their fairytale stories years ago, it's a waste of time.

Unless your friends girlfriend is hot, a lot of those religious chicks are freaky I would hit it

Apex Vertigo
07-18-2009, 08:38
She's extremely hot. I may have had a bit of a thing for her for a long time now but I'm too nice of a guy to try anything on my friends girl lol.

Tzacharu
07-18-2009, 08:47
Argue with her, win the debate, and she will become madly in love with your superior intelligence.

Or.. don't take a side in it. Argue hypothetically. Argue as an agnostic. I can't imagine someone that would be angry enough with an agnostic to the point where they'd end a friendship over it.

The Cougar
07-18-2009, 08:53
This is such a sissy topic. Tell her to go read a book by Dawkins or Hitchens etc and stop wasting time.

Apex Vertigo
07-18-2009, 08:59
This is such a sissy topic. Tell her to go read a book by Dawkins or Hitchens etc and stop wasting time.

I personally have fun arguing it, just ends up getting brutal.

The Cougar
07-18-2009, 09:02
I personally have fun arguing it, just ends up getting brutal.
Sounds like rape.

Apex Vertigo
07-18-2009, 09:03
Sounds like rape.

It's a rape of the mind.

Aardvarkian
07-18-2009, 09:18
Well, there's always the chance she wants her some premarital sex but her religion won't allow it. Naturally, she wants it from you - provided you can persuade her to fall to decadence.

Apex Vertigo
07-18-2009, 09:33
Well, there's always the chance she wants her some premarital sex but her religion won't allow it. Naturally, she wants it from you - provided you can persuade her to fall to decadence.

If only I were that good of a debater, I might end up President of the United States :rolleyes:.

Blumpkin Avenue
07-18-2009, 09:41
She's extremely hot. I may have had a bit of a thing for her for a long time now but I'm too nice of a guy to try anything on my friends girl lol.

Dont be a ***.

Piss in her butt

Villageninja
07-18-2009, 09:43
[Dr. Phil]

Ok, here's what you need to do. Point her in the direction of Circular Logic (http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8672/circularlogic.jpg)

Have her watch Penn and Teller's bullshit on all episodes dealing with religion.

After those two if her faith isn't drowning in a sea of "Shit... I believed that?" or at least have her questioning things (this should be your ultimate goal, because we're not aiming at killing all hopes and dreams here.. we're trying to put our superhero rings together and activate the brain powers) then just give up and change the subject because the "faith" has run into her bones and it aint coming out for quite some time.

[/Dr. Phil]

Tithan Natus
07-18-2009, 12:31
[Dr. Phil]

Ok, here's what you need to do. Point her in the direction of Circular Logic (http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8672/circularlogic.jpg)

Have her watch Penn and Teller's bullshit on all episodes dealing with religion.

After those two if her faith isn't drowning in a sea of "Shit... I believed that?" or at least have her questioning things (this should be your ultimate goal, because we're not aiming at killing all hopes and dreams here.. we're trying to put our superhero rings together and activate the brain powers) then just give up and change the subject because the "faith" has run into her bones and it aint coming out for quite some time.

[/Dr. Phil]

Hey, did you get that circular logic thing from me? Because I remember posting it a couple of times. Or is it a more popular picture than I thought?

GFH_Spike
07-18-2009, 17:36
Go ahead and argue with her, since she requested it. Assume her to be curious and open to suggestion until proven otherwise, upon which you should politely decline to discuss the matter further, since she will have proven herself unable to commit to logical reasoning, and in which case you can take advantage by commanding butt sex as a holy revelation from God.

Viluin
07-18-2009, 17:49
Ask her why she believes in god.

TNoD
07-18-2009, 17:51
I hate arguing with religious people the lack of logic in their thinking process are killing my braincells.

Villageninja
07-18-2009, 18:47
Hey, did you get that circular logic thing from me? Because I remember posting it a couple of times. Or is it a more popular picture than I thought?

I actually randomly found it in Google images awhile back when I was looking something up. I do remember someone posting it in a thread not too long ago though, must have been you.

Qikdraw
07-18-2009, 18:50
Tell her you'll only debate religion in the nude.

Strangia
07-18-2009, 21:06
I hate arguing with religious people the lack of logic in their thinking process are killing my braincells.

Yeah man, totally agree. Those religious people are completely devoid of logic, none of them are capable of higher level thought. Newton, Pascal, Tolkien, all of then were devoid of any logical power. In fact, all people who think differently than me lack logic!

Signus
07-19-2009, 05:23
Why waste time with atheists?

I stopped having conversations about their intolerance and inability to accept other opinions than their own. Their inclination towards hypocrisy is amazing. Just accept that someone else in the world has a different view than you and stop being such an intolerant calculator basher.

Fixed it for you.

Really, when did believing in a higher power and doing the right thing become such a black mark? Oh right, it's the internet.

Vanno
07-19-2009, 05:31
Yeah man, totally agree. Those religious people are completely devoid of logic, none of them are capable of higher level thought. Newton, Pascal, Tolkien, all of then were devoid of any logical power. In fact, all people who think differently than me lack logic!

True story! Newton was a dipshit. What type of moron figures out calculus on his own? And Pascal, what a nimrod. With that said, the time period in which they lived were far different today. I'm not sure today's Newton would have been as stalwart in faith as he is today, but that is mere speculation. Religious people can, indeed, be intelligent people.

GFH_Spike
07-19-2009, 05:53
Fixed it for you.

Really, when did believing in a higher power and doing the right thing become such a black mark? Oh right, it's the internet.

I object to religious individuals who request a metaphysical discussion and accept my condition of adherence to logical principles, yet back away from every proposition after it is thoroughly decimated, ending the conversation by mentioning faith with a shit eating grin and an air of moral condescension.

An atheist can search forever, but a theist will inevitably find another rock to crawl under, clawing desperately at the earth as the thundering fists of rationality descend and science marches inexorably onward.

Eisenhower-TP
07-19-2009, 05:57
I've started talking to one of my friends gf's about her religion because she basically begged me for an argument. It's kind of like she wants to be convinced otherwise but I seem to lose friends this way. Please stop me :(...

Chicks love arguments, to bad they didn't love arguments with a mouth full of cock.

generic_user
07-19-2009, 07:13

Happened to me. She will end up hating you. Just stop.

EDIT: However, if you will persist in this pointless venture, and assuming that the religion in question is one of the Big 3, take a look at the historical issues with Exodus. That's my personal major bone of contention with the whole deal. Oh, and if anyone is able to resolve those for me, please let me know.