PDA

View Full Version : There's a serious epidemic going around.

Villageninja
05-05-2009, 00:11
While in the real world we have the Swine Flu spreading about rapidly at the rate of... 1 person every 2 months. Deadly, I know.

Here on the internet there is a deadly virus going around. This virus is exceptionally deadly in forums, blogs, and other forms of commenting stations around the net. This deadly virus is called the S2 THCLFGROFLMAOWTF disease. Or for short, the Whine Flu.

I urge everyone to immediately lose their minds and run around performing chinese fire drills, as this will keep your brain active and prevent you from spreading the whine flu should you catch it and feel the need.

Symptoms may include but are not limited to:

Diarrhea of the Mouth
Thoughts that may harm others opinions of your sanity
Browsing a particular internet page for hours on end waiting for someone to answer so you might attack them
Urges to harm yourself or others
Anal Seepage
Wild Eyes
Know-it-all Syndrome.

Please contact your nearest friend, family member, or medical doctor if you feel more than one of these syptoms. You may have Whine Flu.

Rhambo
05-05-2009, 01:00
I hate anime. Oh and your post sounds like a whine to me...

TrikkyMakk
05-05-2009, 01:49
In 1976 the US had a similar 'threat' and around one person died from the swine flu. Another 25 or so died from the vaccines. Go figure...

Paralda
05-05-2009, 02:12
Take the first 5 letters of his name and lul.

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 02:23
Swine Flu could cause massive casualties if everyone just pass this off as nothing. The severity of the outbreak has nothing to do with the severity of the responce because if you don't act soon enough and the virus ends up immune to Termafue, your fucked. In the early 1900's 20-100million died to the H1N1 virus which this swineflu is a varient.

Also the ranking of epidemic has more to do with the spread to other countries rather than the lethalness of the virus.

lafayette
05-05-2009, 02:34
Swine Flu could cause massive casualties if everyone just pass this off as nothing. The severity of the outbreak has nothing to do with the severity of the responce because if you don't act soon enough and the virus ends up immune to Termafue, your fucked. In the early 1900's 20-100million died to the H1N1 virus which this swineflu is a varient.

Also the ranking of epidemic has more to do with the spread to other countries rather than the lethalness of the virus.

Based on this post, and others you have made, i suggest you turn off the TV.
Well... you don't have to stop watching altogether, just stop watching the cable news shows.

Maybe try some not so mainstream news sites.

palo god
05-05-2009, 02:34

Its not that big of a deal, stop over exaggerating the severity of it. We didn’t have the medical technology back then in the early 1900s that we have now in the 21st century. Again, the media is portraying the swine flu problem as much worse then it really is.

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 02:44
Its not that big of a deal, stop over exaggerating the severity of it. We didn’t have the medical technology back then in the early 1900s that we have now in the 21st century. Again, the media is portraying the swine flu problem as much worse then it really is.

It's not an exaggeration.. It's possible for it to be immune to termafue, you would see 100% death rate. And no 21st century technology would save you because the only thing we have now we learned from H1N1 which is termafue.

Like I said above..No one knew it would not-be-immune to termafue, their repsonce is premtive.

Paralda
05-05-2009, 02:52
It's not an exaggeration.. It's possible for it to be immune to termafue, you would see 100% death rate. And no 21st century technology would save you because the only thing we have now we learned from H1N1 which is termafue.

Like I said above..No one knew it would not-be-immune to termafue, their repsonce is premtive.

First of all, there is no such thing as "termaflu". If you're referring to Tamiflu, it's not really all that effective in preventing (or stopping) Swine Flu anyways. You know what is, though? A lot of fluids, rest, and not having a horrible immune system.

The virus isn't that deadly, spreads slowly, and has shown no signs of mutations.

So, please, shut up. I live with a pharmacist and work in a hospital.

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 02:58
First of all, there is no such thing as "termaflu". If you're referring to Tamiflu, it's not really all that effective in preventing (or stopping) Swine Flu anyways. You know what is, though? A lot of fluids, rest, and not having a horrible immune system.

The virus isn't that deadly, spreads slowly, and has shown no signs of mutations.

So, please, shut up. I live with a pharmacist and work in a hospital.

Then your an idiot, the reason there's no deaths in America is because the antiviral works, and anyone can buy it over the counter. The effectiveness of Temifue is great, now sit down and shut up.

Rossco
05-05-2009, 03:02

Everyone has a right to be an ignorant Fox watching retard. Stop abusing it.

palo god
05-05-2009, 03:13
Then your an idiot, the reason there's no deaths in America is because the antiviral works, and anyone can buy it over the counter. The effectiveness of Temifue is great, now sit down and shut up.

The reason there aren’t that many deaths is because we have an immune system, and because the swine flu isn’t that deadly. Put the two and two together, its not that hard.

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 03:14

I didn't say a damn thing about Omgz this swinefue is so deadly *fear monger face*

All I said was the responce was to the unknown.. (better safe than sorry)

And the anti-viral works...

Edit:and when I say repsonce I mean WHO, federal, state, local goverment and in some countries military. I could give a fuck about media speculation

palo god
05-05-2009, 03:22

I didn't say a damn thing about Omgz this swinefue is so deadly *fear monger face*

All I said was the responce was to the unknown.. (better safe than sorry)

And the anti-viral works...

Stop contradicting yourself.

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 03:29
Stop contradicting yourself.

Yes, I said if this was passed off as nothing and if virus ended up immune to termifue. You would have missed the early responce to prevent an outbreak that could result in massive causualties.

Villageninja
05-05-2009, 03:36
Yes, I said if this was passed off as nothing and if virus ended up immune to termifue. You would have missed the early responce to prevent an outbreak that could result in massive causualties.

I googled Termiflue. I googled Temiflue which you mentioned earlier.

Neither of them exist.

I would like to buy a vowel please. I would like to solve the puzzle.

Is it... Tamiflu? *cheers and jumps up and down as he's won the gameshow*

Just saying.

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 03:39
I googled Termiflue. I googled Temiflue which you mentioned earlier.

Neither of them exist.

I would like to buy a vowel please. I would like to solve the puzzle.

Is it... Tamiflu? *cheers and jumps up and down as he's won the gameshow*

Just saying.

Oseltamivir phosphate
It's manufactured by Roche

Villageninja
05-05-2009, 03:43
It's manufactured by Roche

What I'm trying to say, is when you keep changing the spelling and meaning of your words it's hard for anyone to believe a word coming out of your fingers. Changing a single letter in the medical profession could end up in a dead patient in itself depending on where and when it happens. And when you are over here pulling bush-isms all over the place... it really hurts your case that you actually know what you are talking about. Don't mean to seem like an ass, just being blunt as usual and from where I'm sitting it's hard for me to believe anything you type until you whip out some proof and such to change the impression you've given so far.

Baralis
05-05-2009, 03:48
While it looks like it will not be as bad as we might have thought, I feel it was the governments job to take precautions and treat it as a real threat untill found not to be. I would rather have them over react in such a case then sit on their hands and do nothing. The media on the other hand....

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 03:50
What I'm trying to say, is when you keep changing the spelling and meaning of your words it's hard for anyone to believe a word coming out of your fingers. Changing a single letter in the medical profession could end up in a dead patient in itself depending on where and when it happens. And when you are over here pulling bush-isms all over the place... it really hurts your case that you actually know what you are talking about. Don't mean to seem like an ass, just being blunt as usual and from where I'm sitting it's hard for me to believe anything you type until you whip out some proof and such to change the impression you've given so far.

Posting from iPhone will cause spelling mistakes and won't let me link sources sorry.

Villageninja
05-05-2009, 03:55
Posting from iPhone will cause spelling mistakes and won't let me link sources sorry.

Just saying friend. You should probably wait till you can post something well thought out for stuff like this =P

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 04:07
Just saying friend. You should probably wait till you can post something well thought out for stuff like this =P

Like what? That a working antiviral exists? If you didn't know that then I don't expect you to agree with anything I said but that's not on me, that's speaks to your awareness. I just mispelled the name.

Y'all took what I said asuming an agenda that wasn't there, can't help that either.

Villageninja
05-05-2009, 04:29
Like what? That a working antiviral exists? If you didn't know that then I don't expect you to agree with anything I said but that's not on me, that's speaks to your awareness. I just mispelled the name.

Y'all took what I said asuming an agenda that wasn't there, can't help that either.

Let me put it to you this way. If Mike Tyson was advertising a product called "How to speak Spanish"... would you want to buy into the validness of that product? I sure wouldn't...

Likewise... someone who can't even remember the name of the antivirus they so boldly believe in... do I want to buy into it? Not really, no.

Paralda
05-05-2009, 04:34

Tamiflu, damn it, get it right.

First off, a lot of people aren't even using Tamiflu and they're doing fine. The symptoms of Swine Flu aren't any worse than the symptoms of normal seasonal flu, hell, they're a lot less worse than seasonal flu, and barely worse than the common cold.

Go educate yourself before you turn on the news, please. Don't fall prey to sensationalism.

Grisu
05-05-2009, 04:39

LOL dude just because it has a slight effect on the swine flu doesnt mean it cures/prevents it 100%. and i bet u more than half the ppl with swine flu didnt even bother getting it cuz its not that deadly the normal flu kills WAY more ppl than this has or ever will. u can go ahead and watch ur propaganda but plz just stop spreading it. its more deadly than swine flu OH SNAP.

Paralda
05-05-2009, 04:42
LOL dude just because it has a slight effect on the swine flu doesnt mean it cures/prevents it 100%. and i bet u more than half the ppl with swine flu didnt even bother getting it cuz its not that deadly the normal flu kills WAY more ppl than this has or ever will. u can go ahead and watch ur propaganda but plz just stop spreading it. its more deadly than swine flu OH SNAP.

You know, your argument makes sense, but the way you stated it totally cleared any validity it might've had. You might seriously want to consider using proper grammar and spelling...

Grisu
05-05-2009, 04:45
You know, your argument makes sense, but the way you stated it totally cleared any validity it might've had. You might seriously want to consider using proper grammar and spelling...

makes no difference how i type. its whats said that matters. just look through it. and i cant help it. i have trouble typing up an essay for school because keep typing "u, r, y, cuz" all that stuff. look at it as an accent lol.

Paralda
05-05-2009, 04:48
makes no difference how i type. its whats said that matters. just look through it. and i cant help it. i have trouble typing up an essay for school because keep typing "u, r, y, cuz" all that stuff. look at it as an accent lol.

I, as do most people, look at it as stupidity. It makes anything you say sound extremely ignorant, and it's really not hard to fix. Just try it. I promise you after two weeks, it'll become natural to type correctly.

Grisu
05-05-2009, 04:58
I, as do most people, look at it as stupidity. It makes anything you say sound extremely ignorant, and it's really not hard to fix. Just try it. I promise you after two weeks, it'll become natural to type correctly.

if u look at it as stupidity and discard the context then u r the one that is being ignorant. but in all honesty i really dont care what ppl think or say. i say what i say for myself only.

Shadevar
05-05-2009, 05:21
This thread is fantastic, I've learned a ton about new, non-existent flu vaccines and how to back peddle away from a completely flagellant initial position.

Tamiflu (or Termiflue if you're being "helpful" from an iphone) does in fact work on swine flu in that it at least ensures survival if administered early on. The key is, "ensures survival" which of course, isn't an issue for all Americans thus far infected. Sleep, hydration and Golden Girls re-runs seem to be doing the trick.

Both Tamiflu and Relenza will kill the H1N1 virus dead. H5N1 is a bit nastier with some strains proving resistant to Tamiflu and thus requiring the harder to get and administer Relenza.

The real key to beating the swine flu is a 100 in Rigor.

BTW I cannot be held responsible for any spelling, grammar or substance within this reply as I am in fact doing so from a Blackberry which is, as everyone knows, infinitely worse than the aforementioned iphone and thus I'm allowed to immediately take back anything that seems even semi inaccurate.

Rathynas
05-05-2009, 05:34
This whole thread is infected with whine flu.

alfaroverall
05-05-2009, 05:42
The reason there aren’t that many deaths is because we have an immune system, and because the swine flu isn’t that deadly. Put the two and two together, its not that hard.
IIRC most of the deaths have actually been from autoimmune responses to the flu (which by their very nature don't wind up being all that numerous, since our bodies aren't retarded on average, unlike our minds).

BTW I cannot be held responsible for any spelling, grammar or substance within this reply as I am in fact doing so from a Blackberry which is, as everyone knows, infinitely worse than the aforementioned iphone and thus I'm allowed to immediately take back anything that seems even semi inaccurate.
You're also a May 09er and thus need to diaf, unless of course you're an alt from the massive wall of bans, which seems dubious since you're on a god damn Blackberry and are mentioning it, so yeah, diaf just in case. Drink some bleach as well.

Sharuk
05-05-2009, 05:49

So far Fox is the only one ive seen with any sense about this BS disease

At least Glenn Beck, i dont watch the others

Azra'eil
05-05-2009, 06:31
Let me put it to you this way. If Mike Tyson was advertising a product called "How to speak Spanish"... would you want to buy into the validness of that product? I sure wouldn't...

Likewise... someone who can't even remember the name of the antiviral they so boldly believe in... do I want to buy into it? Not really, no.

Okay, I can see unbelief in Tamiflu as a valid argument. I wasn't going to say this but my misspellings did not discredit mine but you keep acting like they do.

CDC Briefing on Human Cases of Swine Influenza
"The viruses are resistant to amantadine and rimantadine anti-viral drugs but they are sensitive or susceptible to oseltamivir and zanamivir, the newer anti-viral drugs for flu."
http://www.cdc.gov/media/transcripts/2009/t090423.htm

And From an Q&A on H1N1
"When used to prevent the flu, antiviral drugs are about 70% to 90% effective."
http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/antiviral.htm

The problem with Tamiflu is like all other antivirals it only inhibits the virus it does not cure it. Do you just flat out think it doesn't work?

The symptoms of Swine Flu aren't any worse than the symptoms of normal seasonal flu, hell, they're a lot less worse than seasonal flu, and barely worse than the common cold.

Go educate yourself before you turn on the news, please. Don't fall prey to sensationalism.

I am not arguing that swine flu is omg-pandemic, That is not even the premise that I take. I know symptoms of swine flu is the same as normal flu, and that normal flu kills a lot people. But I don't think that its nothing either, (but not based on this unique virus' deadliness) Its dangerous in that its a non-human flu, and when there is an outbreak there is always a risk of mutation if it combines with other flu virus'; they learn from each other.

First off, a lot of people aren't even using Tamiflu and they're doing fine.

Your selectively choosing healthy people as the sole entity on which you base your argument. A/H1N1 is uniquely in that unless you've had H1N1 you would not have had any immunity nor would vaccinations prevent it. I am sure people with non-compromised immune systems can fight off this virus all on their own. But the reason it has not killed anyone is because the people at the bottom of the health scale can take oseltamivir, effectively making it harder for the virus to do its damage so that the body can eventually fight it off.

Slight? it has a major effect. People with resilient immune systems may be fine but unhealthy people when treated with Tamiflu have turned out okay. And that is where the effectiveness of Tamiflu pays off. And as stated I am not arguing about the lethality of the swine flu. Just the ability of antivirals to work on those to whom would have typically died.

Paralda
05-05-2009, 12:19
The problem with Tamiflu is like all other antivirals it only inhibits the virus it does not cure it. Do you just flat out think it doesn't work?

Good job reading a wikipedia article. Do you know what part of the virus it inhibits? I doubt it. All it does is slow the production of added progeny virions. It doesn't actually cure anything, and its effects are at best temporary.

I am not arguing that swine flu is omg-pandemic, That is not even the premise that I take. I know symptoms of swine flu is the same as normal flu, and that normal flu kills a lot people. But I don't think that its nothing either, (but not based on this unique virus' deadliness) Its dangerous in that its a non-human flu, and when there is an outbreak there is always a risk of mutation if it combines with other flu virus'; they learn from each other.

It's not deadly, so I don't see your argument here, and I love how you continue to contradict yourself, saying that the virus would have a "100% death rate" if it weren't for Tamiflu, which is completely inaccurate. In fact, in the US, there have only been 5 cases where anyone has been hospitalized as a result of Swine Flu.

Your selectively choosing healthy people as the sole entity on which you base your argument. A/H1N1 is uniquely in that unless you've had H1N1 you would not have had any immunity nor would vaccinations prevent it. I am sure people with non-compromised immune systems can fight off this virus all on their own. But the reason it has not killed anyone is because the people at the bottom of the health scale can take oseltamivir, effectively making it harder for the virus to do its damage so that the body can eventually fight it off.

You keep changing your argument. Let me refer you to an earlier post:

No, there would not be a "100% death rate". There would probably be about the death rate you find on the common cold, or on the seasonal flu.

Slight? it has a major effect. People with resilient immune systems may be fine but unhealthy people when treated with Tamiflu have turned out okay. And that is where the effectiveness of Tamiflu pays off. And as stated I am not arguing about the lethality of the swine flu. Just the ability of antivirals to work on those to whom would have typically died.

No, you're changing your argument every two posts because you're completely and utterly wrong. Your only information came from the first paragraph or two on the wikipedia entry for Tamiflu, and even then you didn't understand it.

I'm going to call troll on you.

alfaroverall
05-05-2009, 13:08
No, there would not be a "100% death rate". There would probably be about the death rate you find on the common cold, or on the seasonal flu.
Somewhat higher due to the whole "cytokine flood" problem we've been hearing about, technically.

Shadevar
05-05-2009, 14:37
You're also a May 09er and thus need to diaf, unless of course you're an alt from the massive wall of bans, which seems dubious since you're on a god damn Blackberry and are mentioning it, so yeah, diaf just in case. Drink some bleach as well.

The Blackberry mention was a bit of a joke, obviously its too deep and requires a bit of thread-reading comprehension so don't fret over not getting it. I suspect that happens a lot to you and I'd hate for you to loose any of your vitrol over such an inconsequential quibble.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

alfaroverall
05-05-2009, 14:41
The Blackberry mention was a bit of a joke, obviously its too deep and requires a bit of thread-reading comprehension so don't fret over not getting it. I suspect that happens a lot to you and I'd hate for you to loose any of your vitrol over such an inconsequential quibble.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
You're welcome.

Seriously, that's how we welcome people. If I were to NOT do that, it would be a violation of a sociocultural norm. Yes, we have sociocultural norms on a video game forum. This time you respected them pretty decently, staying firm, being sarcastic, and not making yourself look like a fucktard. You'll do well here, if you stick around.

Killuminati
05-05-2009, 14:49
You're welcome.

Seriously, that's how we welcome people. If I were to NOT do that, it would be a violation of a sociocultural norm. Yes, we have sociocultural norms on a video game forum. This time you respected them pretty decently, staying firm, being sarcastic, and not making yourself look like a fucktard. You'll do well here, if you stick around.

Yup, and our sociological cultural norm states that I gotta tell you to GTFO for being a faggot right now.

alfaroverall
05-05-2009, 14:52
Yup, and our sociological cultural norm states that I gotta tell you to GTFO for being a faggot right now.
Indeed.

By the way, Shadevar, I never said our norms made any sense.

psychosiszz
05-05-2009, 15:02
Wait havent only mexicans died from this because there health service sucks?
This Flu is overated. I love how news companys try and incit fear into people. I remember seeing a News title on Reuters "Not afraid of swine flu?" then it had a link to the spanish flu epidemic where billions died.
This is just like Sars where like 5 people died and it was only a 0.5% chance of death.

Shadevar
05-05-2009, 15:59
Wait havent only mexicans died from this because there health service sucks?
This Flu is overated. I love how news companys try and incit fear into people. I remember seeing a News title on Reuters "Not afraid of swine flu?" then it had a link to the spanish flu epidemic where billions died.
This is just like Sars where like 5 people died and it was only a 0.5% chance of death.

News services have to sell ad time, and who doesn't love a nice catchy headline that inspires panic? SARS was/is actually a very nasty bastard of a virus, and I suspect your 0.5% chance of death would need to be researched as I suspect it means your chance of catching the virus globally at the time of the outbreak. Once you had SARS, you were a very good candidate for death. In fact, the reason SARS didn't stretch to pandemic status is because it was so good at killing its hosts, the virus didn't survive long enough to sustain continued mutation.

Your point is valid none the less, people love to over-react to everything. Just look at the general forums.

(I actually love this community already, sarcasm is my nesting place, as it is the last bastion of a foolish mind)

Ceneko
05-05-2009, 16:39

And if we all suddenly lost our lungs and they turned into gills, and then all the water evaporated, we'd all die. Big deal.

Justinian
05-05-2009, 17:10
Take the first 5 letters of his name and lul.

the game :/

Villageninja
05-06-2009, 02:00
And if we all suddenly lost our lungs and they turned into gills, and then all the water evaporated, we'd all die. Big deal.

I laughed.

Villageninja
05-06-2009, 06:19
For all my peeps out there
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e83_1240893103