PDA

View Full Version : Adventurine a Aeospace & Defence Company? Who to the what?

Jangang
01-20-2006, 02:56
http://www.asd-network.com/source_detail_sm.asp?ID=2882

:eek:

Aerospace & Defence Source
Aventurine S.A.
Kifissias Av. 362
Halandri
Greece

Organisation type: Company
MainMarkets: Defence

Company information:
Software development and related services

ngonzogo
01-20-2006, 03:00
You're missing a "d" there.

Teth
01-20-2006, 03:04
Company information:
Mmhmm. What else are our lovely little devs up to...?

valique_001
01-20-2006, 03:06
Seriously odd... perhaps this game is a front to get funds to some secret weapons project?

Teth
01-20-2006, 03:07
Seriously odd... perhaps this game is a front to get funds to some secret weapons project?
Or perhaps the secret weapons project is a front to get funds for this game! :ninja:

Really though, it says they do software development & related stuff. That probably means training simulators and C3I interfaces.

Rhynn
01-20-2006, 03:08
I don't care either way, so long as they gots Dwarves with big arsed hammers crackin' elveses skulls, I'll support 'em.

valique_001
01-20-2006, 03:08
Or perhaps the secret weapons project is a front to get funds for this game! :ninja:
They will take over the minds of the world through open pvp and full loot? Thus making it the ultimate weapon ever?!

But still isnt the website link the same one we got from this game?

Teth
01-20-2006, 03:09
They will take over the minds of the world through open pvp and full loot? Thus making it the ultimate weapon ever?!
Er, sure. Either that or they're just doing software work for the military to help defray Darkfall's development bills a bit. :P

Now, the question here is this: do the devs really want their office address up here on the forums for the general fanbase to see? You may want to edit that out temporarily until you get a yae/nae confirmation from Somebody Important(TM), Jangang.

valique_001
01-20-2006, 03:12
hmmm that would work also perhaps thats all the funding they were talking about having? As well as why its such a slow process?

Metal Wolf
01-20-2006, 03:13
Its all a conspiracy, the DarkFall software is actually just a fron end for a high speed high accuracy deep orbit laser platform. The software displays the enemy targets in a 3D 360 degree persistan environment and relies on user input to calculate the firing trajectory. By using aproxomatly 4,000 persistant user the system can keep targeting responce time below the picosecond level.

In otherwords were all being used to aim a death laser!

Spawl
01-20-2006, 03:14
Okay, it is all making complete sense now. Defense contracts are often overpaid, late, and shadowed in secrecy. Have another similarity anyone?

dudeness
01-20-2006, 03:21
There developing the darkfall system in order to use the robots there gonna control to send to war and conquer the entire planet, usage of the robots will be limited to those who get into beta.

of course they can only have 10,000 robots running simultaneously, anything more might result in a server crash.

edit: wouldnt be ironic, everyone is going to play a game based on freedom and doing so will cause the human race to be enslaved, even without the robots :ninja: :ninja:

Virtra
01-20-2006, 03:35
Crazy... that actually explains some things. Perhaps Darkfall is a secondary project to their main project (and their source of income): developing defense software.

Actually its explains a lot more than that, like why Aventuring decided give us more of the "silent treatment." It would look too good for their proposals if the governments knew they had this "silly" side project going on.

Uzik
01-20-2006, 04:24
Kinda awesome to know that your game devs make games for the DoD.

Mayb they will use DFO to teach soldiers how to PK IRL

Asmodeus
01-20-2006, 04:29
i smell a conspiracy... though razorwax is developing it and aventurine picked it up to publish correct? so initially it wasnt meant to be used in world domination but it seems aventurine has good taste?

Mulambo
01-20-2006, 04:34
maybe it's a shared office building...

I dunno, wierd though.

WonderBrick
01-20-2006, 04:34
Sounds like rl pvp, with full loot and perma-death.

Malishan
01-20-2006, 05:30
Someone mentioned that your listing was "Aventurine" and not "Adventurine". Which is it? You could be looking at the wrong company.

Edit: Ah it is indeed Aventurine.

Porthios
01-20-2006, 05:37
i smell a conspiracy... though razorwax is developing it and aventurine picked it up to publish correct? so initially it wasnt meant to be used in world domination but it seems aventurine has good taste? We were told that Aventurine was created with the sole purpose of supporting DF, not that it existed beforehand.

losinglife
01-20-2006, 07:46
the technology's could be intertwined.

maybe they will use the game world with a VR type thing for some sort of training. i have no idea what.. maybe training for infantry? obviously minus the fairy and sword crap.. but who knows *shrug*

oly
01-20-2006, 09:24
This thread reminds me of Enders Game.

The-Nit
01-20-2006, 11:34
I work in Aeospace & Defence. Do i get a prize?

Razel
01-20-2006, 12:21
okay this is just weird

Lysandor
01-20-2006, 12:34
Okay, it is all making complete sense now. Defense contracts are often overpaid, late, and shadowed in secrecy. Have another similarity anyone?

Except we know more critical details about the next generation of ultra sekrit fighter planes than we do DFO.

Red-Eye
01-20-2006, 12:36
Sounds like rl pvp, with full loot and perma-death.

It's skill based too, with collision detection and FPS combat.

But that could explain the amount of money they have. They are doing a little "defence" work on the side. "Defence" work always give ridiculous amounts of money.

Jangang
01-20-2006, 22:51
Er, sure. Either that or they're just doing software work for the military to help defray Darkfall's development bills a bit. :P

Now, the question here is this: do the devs really want their office address up here on the forums for the general fanbase to see? You may want to edit that out temporarily until you get a yae/nae confirmation from Somebody Important(TM), Jangang.

Oopps, never really considered that. To late now though, a mod could edit it if they want to, but its way past the 10 minute mark hehe.

I found it kind strange though, makes ya wonder at the very least. :ninja:

Celerity
01-20-2006, 23:44
If some fan is fanatical enough to go stalk them at their offices, they're fanatical enough to google the address themselves.

Teth
01-20-2006, 23:48
If some fan is fanatical enough to go stalk them at their offices, they're fanatical enough to google the address themselves.
We've had at least one fan who has already gone and stalked their offices, actually. Yes, I have in my possession pictures of the "Aventurine" sign outside their 4th floor office. Greek connections 4tw!

Taurohta
01-20-2006, 23:56
Well we discovered they had more funds than we previously expected when we discovered that they sponsered some greek ralley team. Seems they may have military contracts too. the question is, which military?

Celerity
01-20-2006, 23:57
Sounds like the makings of a great wallpaper. Link! :p

stalwart
01-21-2006, 00:03
i've always said that they need to give people that are good at CS and other FPS a video game that controls a robot, therefore making some ultimate fighters.

this is the first step.

also, this is why the devs are saying that we dont need to worry about money. teth has contracted them to help him take over the world.

btw, teth is GWB.

Jangang
01-21-2006, 00:06
i've always said that they need to give people that are good at CS and other FPS a video game that controls a robot, therefore making some ultimate fighters.

this is the first step.

also, this is why the devs are saying that we dont need to worry about money. teth has contracted them to help him take over the world.

btw, teth is GWB.

I've always thought the same thing.

Hazard
01-21-2006, 00:29
Were all gonna be slaves to the machine.

Teth
01-21-2006, 01:02
btw, teth is GWB.
Jesus Clodhopping Christ, I'm never going to forgive you for that. D:

I can read, goddamn you! I can put together a proper sentence! I can conjugate English verbs properly! I have a developed vocabulary! How dare you belittle me so!

Ravenwaves
01-21-2006, 01:52
There developing the darkfall system in order to use the robots there gonna control to send to war and conquer the entire planet, usage of the robots will be limited to those who get into beta.

of course they can only have 10,000 robots running simultaneously, anything more might result in a server crash.

edit: wouldnt be ironic, everyone is going to play a game based on freedom and doing so will cause the human race to be enslaved, even without the robots :ninja: :ninja:

I smell a new anime series. Starring Brannoc as the overbearing but handsome 17 year old elite pilot, Preston as the nerdy little tech guy, and Surly as the overbearing 16 year old pilot thats not quite as skilled as Brannoc and likes to go out drinking.

Teth
01-21-2006, 01:57
I smell a new anime series. Starring Brannoc as the overbearing but handsome 17 year old elite pilot, Preston as the nerdy little tech guy, and Surly as the overbearing 16 year old pilot thats not quite as skilled as Brannoc and likes to go out drinking.
Phineus as the uselessly incompetent mascot figure and Teth as the cheerful-facade-bearing keeper of enigmatic and dark secrets?

Natsuo
01-21-2006, 02:07
I want to be one of those evil bad guys with the flippy hair.

stratos
01-21-2006, 06:32
Well they did say they were "extremely well funded" did they not?! That would make sense if they were recieving funds from such a source.

Speculation is the only thing that keeps us interested :/

Nasty
01-21-2006, 13:39
if anything it makes the game even better

weapon technology + hardcore pvp + car racing sponsor

thats what i call a company profile imo

Goros
01-21-2006, 17:15
they didn't spell DEFENSE right.

I don't think its the same guys, is it?

Teth
01-21-2006, 17:21
O RLY? (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=defence)

MorkDaOrc
01-21-2006, 17:26
I don't care if they deystroy the world...as long as I can still play beta afterwards :p ;)

Malishan
01-22-2006, 00:55

I don't think its the same guys, is it?

It's also not their website that was linked, its a directory of companies. The directory page could be who typed it that way... And as someone pointed out, though it doesnt sound right to me, "Defence" IS in the dictionary.

kehmesis
01-22-2006, 01:36
We were told that Aventurine was created with the sole purpose of supporting DF, not that it existed beforehand.

As if this would be the only lie ;)

They also sponsor a greece lady driver. What game company would do that before the game's launch? Hell, before beta? It's usually the other way around. Actually, it's always the other way around.

Aventurine existed beforehand. RW merged in.

Goros
01-22-2006, 02:02
british people don't count. are they even really people?

Teth
01-22-2006, 02:24
Actually, I'm pretty sure more of the world speaks and spells according to the precepts of British English rather than American English, so...hey, there you go.

Side-effect of having the greatest empire in terms of territory the world had ever seen, I suppose!

AllmightyEOD
01-22-2006, 10:55
I work for Westar Aerospace and Defense Group and most A&DG's are govt contractors that arent weapons development but equipment development and computer software enhancements. We have a few Gamer Dev's working for our company and its a good background to have IMO for any company that wishes to get into the contracting game for software development.

Knight
01-23-2006, 02:41
Phineus as the uselessly incompetent mascot figure and Teth as the cheerful-facade-bearing keeper of enigmatic and dark secrets?

Selena as the love interest of Brannoc and surly who vye(sp) for her affections aas she prances around in a school miniskirt and hair that sticks up in ways defying gravity.....

jokurt
01-23-2006, 11:49
Finally I can advertise my own defence company!
http://www.asd-network.com/source_detail_sm.asp?ID=9670

Taurohta
01-23-2006, 15:50

It is sometimes hard for people to understand that their superiors are people too.

aote
01-23-2006, 17:13
The devs have maybe developed some great code that is very flexible and can be used for multiple uses.

Maybe thats why aventurine picked up the Razor devs. They liked what they saw, and thought the devs could make them some money doing some defense work.
I remember reading some back data on the how they were handling the server clusters differently then most other games and it was going to be something to behold in terms of lag and such. Maybe they hit on something somewhere while making the game that is useful for other purposes.

But maybe now we know why we get so little information. Its all top secret.

Taurohta
01-23-2006, 17:43
The devs have maybe developed some great code that is very flexible and can be used for multiple uses.

Maybe thats why aventurine picked up the Razor devs. They liked what they saw, and thought the devs could make them some money doing some defense work.
I remember reading some back data on the how they were handling the server clusters differently then most other games and it was going to be something to behold in terms of lag and such. Maybe they hit on something somewhere while making the game that is useful for other purposes.

But maybe now we know why we get so little information. Its all top secret.

Yep its a Greek plot to take over the world

Shaar
01-23-2006, 21:12
Yep its a Greek plot to take over the world

You shouldn't have said that... Now you got to be.. taken care of... :ninja:

Quaevo
06-06-2008, 14:39
Look; http://www.asdsource.com/source_detail_small/2882/Aventurine_SA.htm

got a link to www.aventurine.gr where they are looking for:

Lead Quality Assurance Manager:
Computer Games Industry

Overview:
Aventurine S.A. is looking for a Lead Quality Assurance Manager for our highly anticipated MMORPG Darkfall Online. (www.darkfallonline.com)

Responsibilities:
Head the QA department.

Responsible for testing of the game:
• Prepare the Game Test Plan.
• Check / Review / Manage the Test Cases document.
• Develop, implement and refine test plans.
• Act as the single point of contact between Development and Testers for iterations, testing and deployment activities.
• Track and report upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc..
• Keep track of the new requirements from the Developers.
• Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.

Responsible for managing bug reports for the game:
• Assign bug reports to correct developer
• Sort/Remove bug reports
• Refine bug reports/Create exact reproducible scenarios for bugs
• Manage temporary workaround methods

Responsible for co-managing the beta process of the game:
• Co-Schedule beta process and milestones for testing
• Create daily/weekly reports on testing

Responsible for managing the public web page of known bugs/workarounds and the (external) testers.

Responsible for co-managing the post-release testing cycles of the game.

Does that mean that they dont got anyone currently preparing the test plan? does that mean that there will be no beta before some time after this position have been filled?

I am going abit to off-topic now?

Edit: Did I just bump a very old thread?

Tiarilir
06-06-2008, 14:56
I just read half the thread and realized it was a bad necro

Lethn
06-06-2008, 14:57
The devs did say that they had done simulation and software development for the greek military before, this must be it.

Mulambo
06-06-2008, 15:00
Does that mean that they dont got anyone currently preparing the test plan? does that mean that there will be no beta before some time after this position have been filled?

I am going abit to off-topic now?

Edit: Did I just bump a very old thread?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Beeblebrox
06-06-2008, 15:05
Its all a conspiracy, the DarkFall software is actually just a fron end for a high speed high accuracy deep orbit laser platform. The software displays the enemy targets in a 3D 360 degree persistan environment and relies on user input to calculate the firing trajectory. By using aproxomatly 4,000 persistant user the system can keep targeting responce time below the picosecond level.

In otherwords were all being used to aim a death laser!

BETA PLZ!!!

Quaevo
06-06-2008, 15:10
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

It was a Rhetorical Question!

Razel
06-06-2008, 16:04
lets hope it don't take them 5 years to find someone in greece that can fill the position :bang:

sawyerj66
06-06-2008, 16:06
Holy necro, batman.

Radaqua
06-06-2008, 16:06
in 5 years we can have an immersive all sensual virtual reality...

imagine yourself smelling the enemy crapping his pants as you slice his stomach...

sylverCode
06-06-2008, 16:19
http://darkfall.wikia.com/wiki/Aventurine_SA

wtf?

kehmesis
06-06-2008, 16:24
That's not news, where the fuck have you been the last 11k posts??

Tiarilir
06-06-2008, 16:26

wtf?

yeah wtf?

WizGamer
06-06-2008, 16:36

Aventurine S.A.
Kifissias Av. 362
Halandri
Greece

Company information:

This further proves how pro the devs are because they have made simulators for the military and have advanced programming skills. Adapting this to gameplay will allow for something completely different from game-centric companies.

Mulambo
06-06-2008, 16:42
Adapting this to gameplay will allow for something completely different from game-centric companies.

yuo hope.

Zwarp
06-06-2008, 16:43

wtf?

lol vaporware

Gunther TheBlack
06-06-2008, 16:54
I thought everyone knew by now that they get payed to build a physics/weather engine for the military.

Nefastus
06-06-2008, 16:57

Aventurine S.A.
Kifissias Av. 362
Halandri
Greece

Company information:

Welcome to yesterday! Time to catch up?

sylverCode
06-06-2008, 16:59
lol vaporware
Aww... Looks like someone fixed it. :( Though I don't count copy past from wiki as a fix. :\

Jangang
06-06-2008, 18:05
LOL, Nercro Much?

If you look at my post OP post it was dated 2006. So yes, this was sorta news back then.

Uilamin
06-06-2008, 18:21
I guess some general clarifications for people reading this the first time, DFO was being created by Razorwax and got bought (publishing deal) by Aventurine. Aventurine is a Greek defense company, however, they have in the past sponsored sports and games in the past (rally cars and the such).

such sponsorships can be found

http://www.fabiatou.com/uploaded_images/IMG_4683-710761.jpg

Propitious
06-06-2008, 18:23
Kinda awesome to know that your game devs make games for the DoD.

Mayb they will use DFO to teach soldiers how to PK IRL

I knew it! the government is planning on replacing guns with swords, bows, heavy armor and.... magic :eek:

sylverCode
06-06-2008, 18:25
I guess some general clarifications for people reading this the first time, DFO was being created by Razorwax and got bought (publishing deal) by Aventurine. Aventurine is a Greek defense company, however, they have in the past sponsored sports and games in the past (rally cars and the such).

such sponsorships can be found

http://www.fabiatou.com/uploaded_images/IMG_4683-710761.jpg
Wow, that's crazy. O.o I didn't know defense companies waste money on games and sponsoring. o.o

omnigol
06-06-2008, 18:27
I thought everyone knew by now that they get payed to build a physics/weather engine for the military.

I wonder if they've been predicting global warming :D

Nasty
06-06-2008, 18:36
What's with all the fucking corpsehumping lately

first page covered with zombie threads wtf

Metal Wolf
06-06-2008, 18:39
Can you smell teh old.

I still like this conspiracy theory the best though.

Spades Felligan
06-06-2008, 20:22
This is already known. In one of the dev journals, they admitted that the guy programming the monster AI also works on writing the software for reconnaissance scout drones.

Mulambo
06-06-2008, 20:50
well, the info that they want to hire someone to head up the testing bug reports and stuff is new (to me anyway).

Yakamoz
06-06-2008, 20:50
Actually you are all wrong, Darkfall like American Army for USA Army was supposed to be training software for Greek soldiers, however because of Soon-TM loophole it will be released 1000 years too late.

Jangang
06-06-2008, 21:18
Actually you are all wrong, Darkfall like American Army for USA Army was supposed to be training software for Greek soldiers, however because of Soon-TM loophole it will be released 1000 years too late.

Oh Snap!