PDA

View Full Version : help! need 'puter gurus advice

DocGonzo
04-12-2009, 17:57
ok...i got a virus on my rig...no big deal right?

malwarebytes found it first try and quarantined a bunch of stuff

checked with AVG, ran malwarebytes again and all seemed fine

until i went to shut down for the night, and it hung at the "windows is shutting down" screen for half an hour...still not shutting off until i hit the button and held it for 5 seconds (restart works ok, but slow coming back up)

so i unplugged form the net and tried it all again , i run XP media center service pack 3

still no joy...i tried everything i could think of...things just got worse, to the point where i can run firefox fine, but no other program that contacts the net works...i just downloaded DrWeb Cure it!, it downloaded fine but when i went ot run it "could not load engine" popped up

so i figured i would pull the trigger and just reformat...i have my boot disk (norton ghost)and a dvd with the drive image (the machine came from alienware, i know..but it was a gift 2 years ago)...and here's what really pissed me off

i put the boot cd in and restart, bios comes up, it boots from CD and tells me it is going to reformat...just hit any key to continue

and i can hit every key on the keyboard all day and it NEVER continues so i am unable to reformat

so, yer olde Doc has come to the repository of Wisdom and Flames seeking help

anybody got any ideas/suggestions/creative flames?

sound off like ya got a pair....and thanks in advance

ApocaRUFF
04-12-2009, 17:59
Take it outside and run it over with your car.

biggunsar
04-12-2009, 18:02
SIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

GET ACRONIS

GET ACRONIS

GET ACRONIS

*im sure your resourceful and know where to find it. Its' very easy to find.
If you can find universal restore add on. YOu can port yoru backup to ANY workstation. No matter what hardware. Becuase acronis is THAT good.

I have ported a dell server on scsi drives. To a new hp server with sata drives, and it took less than 20 min. Totally different hardware. Becuase i had teh universal restore add on for acronis. Its' THAT good.

ghost sucks cock
.....okay. IT sucks large pustuous cock. IF you change any hard ware in your machine, with a ghost image. you always have a chance of blue screen or fuck up. With acronis. NOT ONE BLUE SCREEN.

Make backups of your IE favourites.
reformat. Reinstall all your apps you use (with internet UNPLUGGED)
install acronis and make a restore partition and create a backup on your harddrive (once that is done, and your finished. Port a backup to dvd).
*if your workstation has no virus now. Just create the restore partition adn make a backup.

NOW plug in your workstation. Update everything and create another backup. call this back "second backup"
The reason for this. If you feel your OS has been hacked. It's going to be hacked after the update. If you roll back to the "clean non internet image" and your still hacked. it's obviously a program you have that's compromised. Got it?

DONE.

jesus h christ. WHy doens't anyone listen.

Obviously you winners haven't figured it out. Dont' wait. Do what I am saying RIGHT NOW. because it's not a matter of IF you will be hit with a shitty virus, you can't fix. It's just a matter of when.

So do yourselves a favour. get off your lazy asses and follow these directions. One reboot and a f11 key. Any computer problems are solved.

Natdaprat
04-12-2009, 18:15
Sounds nasty. This is a long shot but clean the inside of your computer.

DrWeb, the one I use, would have sorted this out for you.

Betelguez
04-12-2009, 18:25
Would you happen to own a copy of windows XP or Vista? You can reformat your harddrive by booting with them

btw, try with a different keyboard, PS2 and USB. certian motherboards usually disable USB in bios, change it back in the bios settings "allow USB"

Weeking
04-12-2009, 18:47
Windows shut down not working isn't that uncommon. So why don't programs work, .NET framework messed up up or something? Or did you just forget to unblock it?

Can it be that the quarantines are causing the problem

DocGonzo
04-12-2009, 18:52
as i said, i have the dvd for my installation of windows, and the boot cd (which is a ghost cd, but it has always worked before)

the problem is i CANNOT get a keystroke to register when booting from the cd

it gets to that point where it tells you (warning, this will wipe your drive and do a clean install) which is what i fucking want it to do

at the bottom it says "press any key to continue"

no keystroke works, it won't continue, it won't format...just sits there

i have to remove the disc, then hold the on/off switch down for 5 seconds to shut down, then reboot

i tried DrWeb, but when i go to run it "the engine will not load"

/sigh

i have my bookmarks backed up, nothign else i care about that i can't install again

but i CANNOT format and install from the boot disc due to the keystroke not registering

no knows of this bit?

iza
04-12-2009, 19:08
Is it only booting from that particular disk that it won't register keystrokes, or from any disk? Maybe your disk is fucked.
You could try formatting with a GParted LiveCD instead. (though that wouldn't take care of reinstalling windows or whatever you're trying to do)

DocGonzo
04-12-2009, 19:12
Is it only booting from that particular disk that it won't register keystrokes, or from any disk? Maybe your disk is fucked.
You could try formatting with a GParted LiveCD instead. (though that wouldn't take care of reinstalling windows or whatever you're trying to do)

can't burn to cd, and nothing i download to help will actually load and run

this is a very insidious bug, the ONLY thing i can do is run firefox to browse

and that is the only boot cd i have, i've done it twice before, never any problems...i doubt it's the cd

it seems more like something is switched around so the keyboard won't load until AFTER bios when windows loads, then the keys work fine for loggin onto the computer etc...

but no response to either the f5 key to get into bios at startup or to start the format process

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 01:50
can't burn to cd, and nothing i download to help will actually load and run

this is a very insidious bug, the ONLY thing i can do is run firefox to browse

and that is the only boot cd i have, i've done it twice before, never any problems...i doubt it's the cd

it seems more like something is switched around so the keyboard won't load until AFTER bios when windows loads, then the keys work fine for loggin onto the computer etc...

but no response to either the f5 key to get into bios at startup or to start the format process

did you reseat the keyboard. Go buy a cheap 15 dollar serial keyboard (non usb) should be able to type then.

do you have a floppy disk installed in your computer? (i do, but i am old school)

if you do, go download win98 boot floppy from bootdisk.com.
small program, run it. (if you can) find another computer if you need to. it will make a win98 floppy boot disk. Awesome tool.
then reboot your rig with floppy set to boot first

then at the /:> prompt
format c:
bam done

Vessol
04-13-2009, 01:53
Doc! Don't die on me! :(

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 14:04
Doc! Don't die on me! :(

at work now...not dead yet, Vessol

still trying to figure that out, going to ask the admin here at work if he has any tricks

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 16:54
dude, GO BUY A PS2 KEYBOARD

at least you will get typing back.

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 17:00
dude, GO BUY A PS2 KEYBOARD

at least you will get typing back.

i can type just fine once windows boots...just not when trying to load the boot cd

Aacevedo
04-13-2009, 17:02
i can type just fine once windows boots...just not when trying to load the boot cd

have you enabled the usb keyboard from the bios?

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 17:21
have you enabled the usb keyboard from the bios?

/sigh

i CANNOT get into the BIOS, or load the boot cd, the keyboard does NOT respond UNTIL windows loads to the login screen

if i could get into bios or acknowledge the ghost boot cd i would be fine

i'm trying to find out if there is another way to do it so i can wipe the drive and re-install clean

Aacevedo
04-13-2009, 17:25
/sigh

i CANNOT get into the BIOS, or load the boot cd, the keyboard does NOT respond UNTIL windows loads to the login screen

i'm trying to find out if there is another way to do it so i can wipe the drive and re-install clean

Damn... :(

kordoyn
04-13-2009, 17:33
Get a PS2 keyboard. Something is turning off your USB ports during startup.

Jezrith
04-13-2009, 17:36
Got a win98 boot disk? I always keep keep one or two around just for reasons such as this...

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 17:59
am grabbing a ps/2 keyboard from work on my way home

and no Jezrith, i have no win98 stuff laying around, i was a mac guy for years, came back to windows at the first launch of xp, and this system is a 2 year old alienware i got as a gift...cd/dvd only, no floppy

going to try the ps2 keyboard, if that doesn't work, going to rip out the drive and bring it in to my IT guy with my disks and see if he cant reformat somehow

still open to suggestions if anyone has any sane ones...and yes, i tried swinging a frozen chicken around my head three times counterclockwise while chanting in sanskrit

that didn't help either, but the wife left me alone afterwards

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 18:14
am grabbing a ps/2 keyboard from work on my way home

and no Jezrith, i have no win98 stuff laying around, i was a mac guy for years, came back to windows at the first launch of xp, and this system is a 2 year old alienware i got as a gift...cd/dvd only, no floppy

going to try the ps2 keyboard, if that doesn't work, going to rip out the drive and bring it in to my IT guy with my disks and see if he cant reformat somehow

still open to suggestions if anyone has any sane ones...and yes, i tried swinging a frozen chicken around my head three times counterclockwise while chanting in sanskrit

that didn't help either, but the wife left me alone afterwards

Look dude. the suggestions i have given you are solid.

YOu could always go get a ps2 keyboard (have said this three times now)
I will tell you right now. That will work.
You could also buy a 30 dollar portable floppy drive, USB.

then do as i told ya to do. It will solve your problems. I don't fuck around.

Then further, go get acronis and do again as i instructed. It will save you a fuck load of trouble in the future.

I do this for a living. I have been tech support *road runner, hardware tech *my own company, server hardware tech *for HP, an IT administrator *3rd biggest airport in canada and a fortune 500 company, and a consultant *here on cayman island, and now IT manager *for the government (i would be willing to match my wits against your "shitty" and yes, i know your IT admin is shittier than I, and i will say that confidently) any day.

DO what i tell you and you will get your problem solved. Or you can listen to the rest of these guys. I used to charge 160US an hour for my "advice" so you can take it or leave it.

I am tired of repeating myself.

bdjhall
04-13-2009, 18:18
This happened to me, I ended up just getting a new hard drive.

By the by, I use a keyboard that doesn't connect through a usb port, and I had the same problem the OP does.

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 18:32
Look dude. the suggestions i have given you are solid.

YOu could always go get a ps2 keyboard (have said this three times now)
I will tell you right now. That will work.
You could also buy a 30 dollar portable floppy drive, USB.

then do as i told ya to do. It will solve your problems. I don't fuck around.

Then further, go get acronis and do again as i instructed. It will save you a fuck load of trouble in the future.

I do this for a living. I have been tech support, hardware tech, server hard ware tech, an ITadministrator, and a consultant, and now IT manager (i would be willing to match my wits against your "shitty" and yes, i know your IT admin is shittier than I) any day.

DO what i tell you and you will get your problem solved. Or you can listen to the rest of these guys. I used to charge 160US an hour for my "advice" so you can take it or leave it.

I am tired of repeating myself.

i heard you the first time

which part of NO usb working until windows boots to log in screen didn't you understand the first half dozen times?

i do appreciate your attempt at help, truly i do...but don't think you can fucking read

as for your bragging...sorry, i'll take my MiT engineer who handles our IT...thanks

again, i do appreciate your help, and i read it all over twice...i just don't think you paid attention to the symptomology, or thought it through

typical, i guess

Wickfield
04-13-2009, 18:45
heh, i'm glad i'm not in your shoes. I just broke my ps/2 keyboard port yesterday. Friend lent me a kvm switch to use (because I have need of two separate computer boxes), and the switch wire had a bent prong. So, i fored the prong in and bent my ps/2 keyboard port. Might go in there with a tweezer or pliers or something to fix em'.

and that's my story.

_Dain_
04-13-2009, 18:52
ouch, Doc that is quite the predicament, hopefully your IT guy has the solution. wickfield's is just a pain in the ass. =/

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 19:10
i heard you the first time

which part of NO usb working until windows boots to log in screen didn't you understand the first half dozen times?

i do appreciate your attempt at help, truly i do...but don't think you can fucking read

as for your bragging...sorry, i'll take my MiT engineer who handles our IT...thanks

again, i do appreciate your help, and i read it all over twice...i just don't think you paid attention to the symptomology, or thought it through

typical, i guess

I heard you, and i said twice, get a PS2 KEYBOARD. Can you read? And i don't give a shit if he graduated from MIT. i still know more than he does.

Ps, bragging. pfft. fuck it, solve your own problems. Good luck with your MIT guy. LOL

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 19:31
I heard you, and i said twice, get a PS2 KEYBOARD. Can you read? And i don't give a shit if he graduated from MIT. i still know more than he does.

Ps, bragging. pfft. fuck it, solve your own problems. Good luck with your MIT guy. LOL

did you notice halfway up the thread where i said i was bringing home a ps/2 keyboard this evening form work to try it?

like i said, thanks much for the attempt

i do hardware (electronics) for a living...you might want to consider reading ALL the symptoms you are given before you try a diagnosis

just a thought, and thanks again

Crimm
04-13-2009, 19:55
Conficker E

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 20:01
Conficker E

nope..already checked for that, passed the "eye test"

but thanks for the thought

Ziegler
04-13-2009, 20:47
ok

Keyboard....
Do you have it in the back USB ports above the NIC jack. ( some older systems this makes a difference to, though they tend to be more than 2 years old)

Is the keyboard wireless? (Wireless will not work in bios/dos)

Do you have any other USB devices attached to the system?

If none of the above apply...then yes, the PS2 kyb is going to be your best bet, but I would wager it is one of the above 3.

(and I skimmed through this thread when the bragging started, so if I missed something, sue me)

Barbarossa
04-13-2009, 20:54
Doc,

I can't give you any advice about your computer problem but I can share this little gem with you.

There are two people in Forumfall who think they know everything about computers.

One actually does know quite a bit and has been way helpful to many a Forumfaller and one generally sounds like a crackhead who works in the computer department at Best Buy who thinks the Dell Dude is god.

One is named Viluin and one is named biggunsar...do I need to go any further with this?

Ziegler
04-13-2009, 20:58
the Dell Dude is god.

Not quite...but he did have good herb.

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 20:59
i hear ya Barba...

and Ziegler...keyboard is wired in back usb jack, i tried both of those and the two front ones...my mouse is wireless and it's connect i use a front jack

like i siad, will bring a ps/2 kb home with me and try it, if that doesn't work, bringing the rig in to work tomorrow to let my guy have a look

any and all suggestions appreciated...and thanks to everyone so far that has offered advice

Ziegler
04-13-2009, 21:22
hmm that is unusual. I'd say unplug power and discharge flea power, and if it still doesnt see the USB kyb on boot up, then I'd clear CMOS (pull power cord out, pull big watch battery off of mbd, and leave off for 1 minute, then put back in and restart)

There is something up with your bios, or the kyb. You could also get a bios flash for your system from alienwares website, and you should be able to run it from inside of windows, so no need to boot to floppy or anything.

The PS2 is a work around, but really, your system should NOT require it, you should be able to use a normal USB kyb to get into the BIOS, such prior to getting to the desktop. If your system is older, then I would recommend this as it could be a flash that make the system able to use USB prior to windows depending on the age of your system. I dont usually play around with alienware so couldnt tell you for sure without being infront of it to look.

kordoyn
04-13-2009, 21:23
You have to sacrifice a neo con and a liberal upon an altar made of copies of the tax code. Smear the combined blood all over your monitor, and onto your CPU. This will fix your computer till the next time congress fucks up.

Ziegler
04-13-2009, 21:24
You have to sacrifice a neo con and a liberal upon an altar made of copies of the tax code. Smear the combined blood all over your monitor, and onto your CPU. This will fix your computer till the next time congress fucks up.

he needs a fix that will last more than the next commercial break.

kordoyn
04-13-2009, 21:25
he needs a fix that will last more than the next commercial break.

I'm not a magician, that's the only trick I know.

DocGonzo
04-13-2009, 21:35
hmm that is unusual. I'd say unplug power and discharge flea power, and if it still doesnt see the USB kyb on boot up, then I'd clear CMOS (pull power cord out, pull big watch battery off of mbd, and leave off for 1 minute, then put back in and restart)

There is something up with your bios, or the kyb. You could also get a bios flash for your system from alienwares website, and you should be able to run it from inside of windows, so no need to boot to floppy or anything.

The PS2 is a work around, but really, your system should NOT require it, you should be able to use a normal USB kyb to get into the BIOS, such prior to getting to the desktop. If your system is older, then I would recommend this as it could be a flash that make the system able to use USB prior to windows depending on the age of your system. I dont usually play around with alienware so couldnt tell you for sure without being infront of it to look.

yeah..i had thought about the cmos..i had unplugged it, but had yet to pull the battery...didn't think of going to their website for a utility...good to know

and the rig is about 2 1/2 years old now...and has served me well ((all the better for it being a gift, i'd NEVER pay their prices for hardware!))

i'll try the kb when i get home, if not...mebbe the cmos for a lark

if not, bringing it in to see if he can't pull the drive and fool it into reformat with a linux box or some such

thanks again guys...

oh yes, and kordoyn...can't find any neocons upcountry here...that breed of flatlanders stays far away from my neck of the woods...real lefty liberals are tough to find as well, they tend to be the small mouth variety...hard to spot

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 21:50
Doc,

I can't give you any advice about your computer problem but I can share this little gem with you.

There are two people in Forumfall who think they know everything about computers.

One actually does know quite a bit and has been way helpful to many a Forumfaller and one generally sounds like a crackhead who works in the computer department at Best Buy who thinks the Dell Dude is god.

One is named Viluin and one is named biggunsar...do I need to go any further with this?

well, like i said. This crack is gonna shut the fuck up. Have fun.

Ziegler
04-13-2009, 21:53
yeah, I am talking more along the lines of 5 years old as far as not seeing a USB keyboard from bios.

But there is something definately not right about it. If you have a plain jane USB keyboard at home, I'd try it just to be sure it isnt something with your particular kyb before wasting money on a PS2 keyboard.

Wickfield
04-13-2009, 21:53
well, like i said. This crack is gonna shut the fuck up. Have fun.

you aren't crack -- you just abuse it.

have a wonderful monday.

PirateGlen
04-13-2009, 21:54
I know you're on the path to reformat now... But after your anti virus allegedly removed the virus did you try running a windows restore? I've had problems with legitimate programs fucking things up but a windows restore seemed to fix it.

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 21:58
you aren't crack -- you just abuse it.

have a wonderful monday.

i will. Due to the fact, i live in a caribbean country, make more money than you. And will always be more successful than you. ABSOLUTELY, will I have a great monday.

Enjoy the rest of your miserable life LOL. God, this is just way too easy.

Aacevedo
04-13-2009, 22:08
i will. Due to the fact, i live in a caribbean country, make more money than you. And will always be more successful than you. ABSOLUTELY, will I have a great monday.

Enjoy the rest of your miserable life LOL. God, this is just way too easy.

Good, share your anger, feel it going in your veins. feed your agression.Give yourself to POWER OF the Dark Side!!!!

*cool Imperial March music in the background*

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 22:17
Good, share your anger, feel it going in your veins. feed your agression.Give yourself to POWER OF the Dark Side!!!!

*cool Imperial March music in the background*

funny thing, and this may be shocking to you. But im not angry in the least. What i said to him, is just matter of fact. Sorry if your lives suck. Can't help ya there.

Dontcha just hate that. LOL Most of your trolls, troll cause you have nothing else to offer. Wow...that must really suck. I thank god I am not you. While you all fear for your jobs (if you have jobs), i sit back under a palm tree, soak up sun. And have no worries in the world. Troll away.......everything you do, really just doens't matter. In any sort or sense.

I try to help you, i get my hand bit. No problem. I dont' need to help at all. And frankly. I won't. Doc can go to hell. And anyone else for that matter. When it comes time for you to need a hand. I just won't extend mine. Pretty simple, life is simple. have fun.

Rourke
04-13-2009, 22:22
Doc,

Have you tried blaming Obama for this porn virus yet? :ninja: I would.

Seriously though. That sucks man. I hate hacker pieces of shit. Nothing better to do, than fuck with other people's pc's. Hackers who create viruses should be shot in the balls. Twice.

loginserverdown
04-13-2009, 22:26
Doc,

Have you tried blaming Obama for this porn virus yet? :ninja: I would.

:lmao:

and Doc, i say jsut set fire to the damned thing and be done with it.

Betelguez
04-13-2009, 22:39
/sigh

have you tried with a ps2 keyboard yet?

Barbarossa
04-13-2009, 22:55
funny thing, and this may be shocking to you. But im not angry in the least. What i said to him, is just matter of fact. Sorry if your lives suck. Can't help ya there.

Dontcha just hate that. LOL Most of your trolls, troll cause you have nothing else to offer. Wow...that must really suck. I thank god I am not you. While you all fear for your jobs (if you have jobs), i sit back under a palm tree, soak up sun. And have no worries in the world. Troll away.......everything you do, really just doens't matter. In any sort or sense.

I try to help you, i get my hand bit. No problem. I dont' need to help at all. And frankly. I won't. Doc can go to hell. And anyone else for that matter. When it comes time for you to need a hand. I just won't extend mine. Pretty simple, life is simple. have fun.

LOL

You're better than us yet you can't spell or use proper punctuation to save your life. Why don't you put some of those big bucks you're making to good use and at least get yourself an 8th grade level education.

I wish I had a dollar for every fuck in Forumfall who says he's an IT, this board seems to be thick with them, and they all seem to be fucking unemployed.

Have fun under that 'palm tree', by the way, is that your code name for your cubicle that is no different than that other 100 cubicles on your floor?

Rourke
04-13-2009, 23:07

This post SCREAMS of "Small Dick Syndrome" otherwise known to doctors as S.D.S. It's common amongst angry people who claim no anger, but yet feel the need to tell everyone how incredible thier life is, and how yours isn't while pretending to tout calmness and zen while posting hate, and rage.

It's a sad combination of high Estrogen, and small amounts of Testosterone clashing in his tiny balls. It would make anyone angry.

Sure none of us have jobs, or we are living in fear, but at least we don't fear having our dicks lol'd at under a palm tree right? AM I RIGHT PEOPLE??? AM I???? ;)

biggunsar
04-13-2009, 23:24
LOL

You're better than us yet you can't spell or use proper punctuation to save your life. Why don't you put some of those big bucks you're making to good use and at least get yourself an 8th grade level education.

I wish I had a dollar for every fuck in Forumfall who says he's an IT, this board seems to be thick with them, and they all seem to be fucking unemployed.

Have fun under that 'palm tree', by the way, is that your code name for your cubicle that is no different than that other 100 cubicles on your floor?

be more than happy to take a picture of my office if you like.?
want me to put up any sign on my wall. Like barbarossa sucks cock. I don't mind really. Fuck, i will keep it there all week if you like. 8)
How about a picture of me under a coconut tree, holding a sign that says barbarossa licks little boys balls with ice cream. That's not a problem either. Just let me know, cock grabber.

Ps, i didnt' know you were a fucking spelling nazi. You really take the time to correct your punctuation in a fucking forum LOL>...you really got alot of time on your hands huh.

LOL This is like hitting retards with a sling shot. You know it's wrong, but it's just so much fucking fun.

Rourke
04-13-2009, 23:26
lol

l o l

Aacevedo
04-13-2009, 23:39
The amount of e-violence shown in here is awesome. Mature audiences only.

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 00:35
biggunsar, i envy someone who's life is so awesome that they've gotten over 1000 posts on the darkfall forums from under a palm tree since august. i totally believe you are as smart as you say, too. you are, without a doubt, the most awesome person on this planet. hands down.

biggunsar
04-14-2009, 00:55
biggunsar, i envy someone who's life is so awesome that they've gotten over 1000 posts on the darkfall forums from under a palm tree since august. i totally believe you are as smart as you say, too. you are, without a doubt, the most awesome person on this planet. hands down.

I don't give a fuck what you think. To be honest.

Rourke
04-14-2009, 01:01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7z6hpO57c :D

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 01:22

you cared enough to reply, which disproves your own statement. you also cared enough about what we all think, not just me, to go into a vague bragging mode while doing nothing more than coming across as an ignorant arrogant ass. it must be great up there on mt. awesome.

here's a hint - those who don't care what others think don't brag.

irpowa
04-14-2009, 02:23
make the pr0n industry make you buy a new one.

biggunsar
04-14-2009, 02:41
you cared enough to reply, which disproves your own statement. you also cared enough about what we all think, not just me, to go into a vague bragging mode while doing nothing more than coming across as an ignorant arrogant ass. it must be great up there on mt. awesome.

here's a hint - those who don't care what others think don't brag.

here is a hint. If i have actually achieved all those things. It's not bragging, is it?
it's called fact.

Don't like it, too fucking bad.

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 02:46
here is a hint. If i have actually achieved all those things. It's not bragging, is it?
it's called fact.

Don't like it, too fucking bad.
i don't think you know what brag means
let me help

Main Entry:
2brag
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
bragged; bragĀ·ging
Date:
14th century

intransitive verb : to talk boastfully <always bragging about his success> transitive verb : to assert boastfully

source (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bragging)

It isn't lying if you've actually done it, but it is still bragging.

so, really, if your life is so awesome, why are you here on the darkfall forums trying to sell a product under the guise of forced tech support?

biggunsar
04-14-2009, 03:07
i don't think you know what brag means
let me help

Main Entry:
2brag
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
bragged; bragĀ·ging
Date:
14th century

intransitive verb : to talk boastfully <always bragging about his success> transitive verb : to assert boastfully

source (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bragging)

It isn't lying if you've actually done it, but it is still bragging.

so, really, if your life is so awesome, why are you here on the darkfall forums trying to sell a product under the guise of forced tech support?

LOL....just because you have nothing to talk about, about yourself. Doesn't mean i gotta follow your standards or your beliefs. LOL

Here is the kick in teh balls. If i wasnt' all that. Then you could easily top my accomplishments AND be able to back em up. But ya know what...you can't

you crack me up.

Fucking A then, it's bragging. I have accomplished more than you ever will. How's that for bragging. And god damn right I am proud of it. If you can accomplish more, then tell me about it.

Happy? fuck, i cant' stop laughing at your ignorance.

I like talking about my achievements. You think your going to bully ME into a corner because of my accomplishments LOL, not fucking likely buck wheat.

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 03:19
lol i'm not trying to bully you. i just think you're a moron.

your reply and total dodge of anything i have said while repeating how awesome you are proves it.

i don't really care who has more what. i'm not really that materialistic. i don't care who makes how much money, i just care if i have enough food to eat and a place to live.

you, however, seem to care very deeply that we all know how accomplished you are. would you like your own thread about it to tell everyone how much you don't care?

edit - and how do you know what i've accomplished, or even who i am? you assume alot for such an accomplished person.

biggunsar
04-14-2009, 03:29
lol i'm not trying to bully you. i just think you're a moron.

your reply and total dodge of anything i have said while repeating how awesome you are proves it.

i don't really care who has more what. i'm not really that materialistic. i don't care who makes how much money, i just care if i have enough food to eat and a place to live.

you, however, seem to care very deeply that we all know how accomplished you are. would you like your own thread about it to tell everyone how much you don't care?

edit - and how do you know what i've accomplished, or even who i am? you assume alot for such an accomplished person.

Of course you not into materialistic things (rolls eyes) And you probably also proudly say "money doesn't buy you happiness" ....how the fuck would you know. YOu have none. And by your own admission you don't have shit either. Which is totally funny. Here you are lecturing me, on how i shouldn't be proud and talk about the things I HAVE. When you have nothing. LOL...youre a riot

Ps, i can tell your short...on alot of things.

ps, keep jabbering on the same shit. (you, however, seem to care very deeply that we all know how accomplished you are. would you like your own thread about it to tell everyone how much you don't care?) It gets old fast.

Go ahead, ask the same questions again funny boy.

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 03:35
Of course you not into materialistic things (rolls eyes) And you probably also proudly say "money doesn't buy you happiness" ....how the fuck would you know. YOu have none.

Ps, i can tell your short...on alot of things.

ps, keep jabbering on the same shit. (you, however, seem to care very deeply that we all know how accomplished you are. would you like your own thread about it to tell everyone how much you don't care?) It gets old fast.

you just sit back and say to yourself that i have no idea what happiness is, if that's what makes you feel better. you can tell yourself that i have no money, whatever makes you sleep better at night. spend your time thinking you know everything about me, and in the end always remember, you're awesome. don't let anyone on the internet tell you otherwise because you know you are superior to them. show said superiority by bragging like a grade schooler, i heard it impresses the ladies.

you crack me up kid,you have to be one of the best trolls i've ever seen.

edit - original message quoted. please feel free to find the part where i admitted i have nothing. i've really given no information about me, i've jsut questioned you while you make assumptions and boast

bdjhall
04-14-2009, 04:30
be more than happy to take a picture of my office if you like.?
want me to put up any sign on my wall. Like barbarossa sucks cock. I don't mind really. Fuck, i will keep it there all week if you like. 8)
How about a picture of me under a coconut tree, holding a sign that says barbarossa licks little boys balls with ice cream. That's not a problem either. Just let me know, cock grabber.

Ps, i didnt' know you were a fucking spelling nazi. You really take the time to correct your punctuation in a fucking forum LOL>...you really got alot of time on your hands huh.

LOL This is like hitting retards with a sling shot. You know it's wrong, but it's just so much fucking fun.

Looking forward to those pictures. :)

verlox2
04-14-2009, 04:33
OT has one of the worst communities ever.

I love it.

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 04:45
OT has one of the worst communities ever.

I love it.

yes, this is a tech support thread by page 5, and it went this way quick lol

Protonix
04-14-2009, 04:52
shotgun

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 05:00
shotgun

oh man, proto, i've been wishing you were on this thread today (seriously)

it has been filled with pure awesome. feel free to jump in on the fun

CuriousGeorge
04-14-2009, 05:51
Troll.

Seesawmcgraw
04-14-2009, 05:52
If only I were a tycoon like Biggunsar

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 06:52
If only I were a tycoon like Biggunsar

don't make fun of him man. he's super real.

Rourke
04-14-2009, 10:54
LOL....just because you have nothing to talk about, about yourself. Doesn't mean i gotta follow your standards or your beliefs. LOL

Here is the kick in teh balls. If i wasnt' all that. Then you could easily top my accomplishments AND be able to back em up. But ya know what...you can't

you crack me up.

Fucking A then, it's bragging. I have accomplished more than you ever will. How's that for bragging. And god damn right I am proud of it. If you can accomplish more, then tell me about it.

Happy? fuck, i cant' stop laughing at your ignorance.

I like talking about my achievements. You think your going to bully ME into a corner because of my accomplishments LOL, not fucking likely buck wheat.

Dude,

Even if you are what you say you are....your're a huge fucking douchebag about it, lol.

My father-in-law is a multi-millionare, who lives in a ranch, and still drives a pickup truck. You'd never know he is rich, nor would he say stupid shit like you are. Maybe it's because he grew up dirt poor, and had to scatch his way to where he is though. He still remembers what is it like on the other side.

Anyone who does well for themselves in life, and then touts it, and shows off is..

a) lying.

or

b) just a giant asshole with an obvious complex.

I can only imagine the emotional issues your're dealing with after reading your drivel, lol. Sad.

DocGonzo
04-14-2009, 14:18
lmao...thank you OT for some entertainment this morning

tried the ps/2 keyboard when i got home last night

it gets recognized UNTIL the bios posts, all three lights flash then the screen comes up for the boot CD

then it doesn't respond at all

so no...still cannot format (or restore for the one who suggested that, no keyboard input i cannot access bios not reformat/restore with my ghost boot cd)

so i'm going to pack it up this evening and bring it in to my guy on the morrow - unless anybody comes up with something not thought of/tried yet, in which case i'll try it when i get home...and then still bring it in if it doesn't work

again, i want to thank everyone who is trying to help (even biggunsaur), i'ts much appreciated...but it looks like this one is too brutal for normal means (and no it wasn't pr0n, was just trying to watch some tv, and i'm the idiot that didn't notice a link took me off the main website so i got "caught")

all ideas still welcome, and thanks again...

Aacevedo
04-14-2009, 14:28
If I were the one with the problem...
with the ps2 keyboard I would try to enable the usb keyboard and give it a shot.
If it fails, take out the hard drive, take it to another PC and try to clean viruses/Format from there.

EDIT:

We need a forum plugin where this fighting could resolve like a mortal kombat macth IMO.... if not , a Mybrute plugin so we could se the avatars fighting to teh death

Killuminati
04-14-2009, 15:28

watch less child porn.

Ziegler
04-14-2009, 15:44
lmao...thank you OT for some entertainment this morning

tried the ps/2 keyboard when i got home last night

it gets recognized UNTIL the bios posts, all three lights flash then the screen comes up for the boot CD

then it doesn't respond at all

so no...still cannot format (or restore for the one who suggested that, no keyboard input i cannot access bios not reformat/restore with my ghost boot cd)

so i'm going to pack it up this evening and bring it in to my guy on the morrow - unless anybody comes up with something not thought of/tried yet, in which case i'll try it when i get home...and then still bring it in if it doesn't work

again, i want to thank everyone who is trying to help (even biggunsaur), i'ts much appreciated...but it looks like this one is too brutal for normal means (and no it wasn't pr0n, was just trying to watch some tv, and i'm the idiot that didn't notice a link took me off the main website so i got "caught")

Ok,...so I want to amek sure you know the screens you are talking about.

The BIOS Posting...is what happens when the system is first turned on, nothing is recognized til it completes. This usually has the manufacturer logo, once that logo goes away or it finishes with the DOS looking screens for memory and controllers. it passes off to the OS.

So, I am not sure what youare speaking of, at which point in the above does it...see the kyb and then not see it?

Crimm
04-14-2009, 16:00
Disconnect your hard drive, reset the CMOS, turn the machine on(you'll know if the CMOS reset was successful if it asks you to input the time in the CMOS settings). Plug in the PS/2 keyboard, if the system doesn't recognize the keyboard at that point then you have possible hardware(motherboard) damage. If it does recognize the keyboard, ask your friend for one of his Windows/Linux Live cds and load an OS straight from your CDROM, if the drive is SATA you can hotswap it in with the OS loaded and format it, make sure you do a full format, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITH AN IDE DRIVE(BIG RIBBON CABLE).

If your hard drive is IDE, or if you have hardware damage there may not be anything you can do unless you have a spare drive to boot from. Also if you format from a Linux Live cd, you'll probably have to reformat to NTFS file system when you get the worm off the hard drive.

Caalador
04-14-2009, 16:05
Also if u dont wipe the drive before u reinstall windows the chances are that the virus will still be there after u put the new verions of windows on. Use someting like Killdisc eraser to completey wipe the hard drive first, i have used this over a 1000 times and it has never let me down, its just as good as buying a new hard drive as it resets everything to 0

DocGonzo
04-14-2009, 17:03
Ok,...so I want to amek sure you know the screens you are talking about.

The BIOS Posting...is what happens when the system is first turned on, nothing is recognized til it completes. This usually has the manufacturer logo, once that logo goes away or it finishes with the DOS looking screens for memory and controllers. it passes off to the OS.

So, I am not sure what youare speaking of, at which point in the above does it...see the kyb and then not see it?

ok bios posts (mine has the alienware head guy) if you hit the ps/2 keyboard during this you hear a motherboard sound chirp, hten comes the dos table screen (at the bottom it runs the "boot from cd" query, twice (two lines), at this point the three lights on the keyboard flash, then go dark (even the numberlock light which is on from the beginning fo boot until now)

the boot cd shows up, and there is no key response when it says "press any key to continue" (format)

at this point i have to shut down using the case power switch (hold for 5 seconds) after ejecting the boot ghost cd, then it fires up quickly to the login screen...i can log in...it hangs for 2-3 minutes at the accepted password screen, shifts to my back ground wiht no icons...hangs there 2-4 minutes, then the windows wav sound plays, then icons appear

then i can launch firefox, but nothing else loads properly

hence my dilemma

Ziegler
04-14-2009, 17:55
Ok....can you make it into your bios? (F2, F1, DEL, or ESC usually at the alienware guys face)

If so, check USB settings but I dont think that is too important ATM as it sounds like you are losing it when the OS inits, pretty nasty virus if so.

Do you have your actual OS cd, or just the Ghost cd?
Have you tried Safe mode?

Since you have an IT guy, I'll let him play with it, as he is going to need to do somethings you probably arent up to or want to waste your time with..if you want more, send a PM though.

DocGonzo
04-14-2009, 18:11
Ok....can you make it into your bios? (F2, F1, DEL, or ESC usually at the alienware guys face)

If so, check USB settings but I dont think that is too important ATM as it sounds like you are losing it when the OS inits, pretty nasty virus if so.

Do you have your actual OS cd, or just the Ghost cd?
Have you tried Safe mode?

Since you have an IT guy, I'll let him play with it, as he is going to need to do somethings you probably arent up to or want to waste your time with..if you want more, send a PM though.

can't get it to go into bios, tried all the f key and key combos i know of...none appear to work

and the ghost boot cd has the os image on a dvd to load after the ghost reformats...has all the custom drivers etc

and yeah...it's a fucking nasty virus that completley got past AVG, and seems to have been partially caught by but not stopped with malwarebytes which has never failed me before ( i've used those two and adaware for years as my protection)

the fucking thing was smart, killed my firewall and turned off system restore first thing

ah well....thnaks much for the help, if you have any ideas i can try at home tonight before i bring it in tomorrow, let me know

PirateGlen
04-14-2009, 18:17
The restore feature I speak of need not be run from the boot disk. I thought you could use the keyboard if you boot up windows as normal. You can attempt the restore from whichever point your computer lets you use keyboard. It's in system tools from start menu.

DocGonzo
04-14-2009, 18:24
The restore feature I speak of need not be run from the boot disk. I thought you could use the keyboard if you boot up windows as normal. You can attempt the restore from whichever point your computer lets you use keyboard. It's in system tools from start menu.

ah..that system restore...the virus turned that off (which loses your restore points) as well as took down my firewall when it first infected (before i caught it and killed it with malwarebytes)

Ziegler
04-14-2009, 18:52
Doc, the key to get into the bios, should be shown on screen during those post screens...it will say something about DEL for Setup or such...it wont specifically say bios necessarily.

The reason I say this, it is unlikely you have a virus that is capable of getting into a bios. Those kinds of virii havent been seen in..at least a decade.

I do tech support and have seen ...well a fucking metric shit ton of virii. Anyways, the things I would have you to do is as follows.

When booting the machine up, as soon as you see the Windows logo, power the machine off...on the subsequent reboot you should go to the windows advanced start up menu. (safe mode et. al.)..if so, try safemode with networking if you can use your kyb there.

Otherwise, the rest of the items I have for ya require an actual OS cd to get to the recovery console, which doesnt sound like you have.

kordoyn
04-14-2009, 19:27
Have you tried sitting your computer in a bathtub filled with water, and getting in the tub as you turn it on? This is how I got rid of the Ebola virus from my computer.

loginserverdown
04-14-2009, 19:48
Doc, maybe your computer is sayin it is time for an upgrade?

Aacevedo
04-14-2009, 19:51
Doc, maybe your computer is sayin it is time for an upgrade?

maybe it's time to stop downloading illegal porn? :D

DocGonzo
04-14-2009, 20:29
Doc, the key to get into the bios, should be shown on screen during those post screens...it will say something about DEL for Setup or such...it wont specifically say bios necessarily.

The reason I say this, it is unlikely you have a virus that is capable of getting into a bios. Those kinds of virii havent been seen in..at least a decade.

I do tech support and have seen ...well a fucking metric shit ton of virii. Anyways, the things I would have you to do is as follows.

When booting the machine up, as soon as you see the Windows logo, power the machine off...on the subsequent reboot you should go to the windows advanced start up menu. (safe mode et. al.)..if so, try safemode with networking if you can use your kyb there.

Otherwise, the rest of the items I have for ya require an actual OS cd to get to the recovery console, which doesnt sound like you have.

did the safemode thing already...it behaves the same ( i booted into safemode from within windows, meaning that the kb does not work until windows loads ( so cannot enter bios and cannot enter a key to confirm reformat from boot cd)

stumps me too, here i had thought nothing was getting that deep anymore either....