PDA

View Full Version : I caught a trout today.

Rourke
04-05-2009, 23:58
I did. Rainbow. About 18". Right now it's cooking in my oven, stuffed with onion, lemon slices, salt and peppered, and wrapped in 3 slices of bacon.

I'm the man....you all know it.

Anyone else eating fish they caught tonight? Caught 2 lake trout yesterday too, but I won;t eat those nasty buggers.

Paulrevere
04-05-2009, 23:59
I hate fish. Your efforts are wasted.

Niles
I don't like fish, unless they are sticks.

Vessol
You know what it needs? Some big nice taters.

Paulrevere
04-06-2009, 00:00
You know what it needs? Some big nice taters.

Po-ta-toes.

fermer101
04-06-2009, 00:01
Trout sucks.

Vessol
04-06-2009, 00:01
Po-ta-toes.

You're supposed to say

"Whats taters precious!?"

Then I was supposed to say that, fucking fail.

Zurk
04-06-2009, 00:02
My fishing level is 86.

Vessol
04-06-2009, 00:02
Also the best way to cook rainbow trout IMO is on a grill with lemon squeezed on it, yum!

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:03
I did. Rainbow. About 18". Right now it's cooking in my oven, stuffed with onion, lemon slices, salt and peppered, and wrapped in 3 slices of bacon.

I'm the man....you all know it.

Anyone else eating fish they caught tonight? Caught 2 lake trout yesterday too, but I won;t eat those nasty buggers.

Congrats, trout is win.

Personally i prefer hunting to fishing, as i lack the patience for the latter, and the old age, i did once catch a tuna taller than i was when i was younger, thing almost dragged me into the speedboat propeller.

Did gun down bout 40 quail and, um, i dont know what they are called in english, we just call them "land chickens" in arabic, pheasants maybe ? yeah about 20 of those.

I use hax though, mp3 players with loudspeakers throughout the fields mimicking their mating calls.

Get up in the morning and let loose with an 8 shot 12 gauge benelli. Mating season just makes them easier kills, they're kinda sluggish hehe.

They did make for a ridiculously delicious meal.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 00:13
Congrats, trout is win.

Personally i prefer hunting to fishing, as i lack the patience for the latter, and the old age, i did once catch a tuna taller than i was when i was younger, thing almost dragged me into the speedboat propeller.

Did gun down bout 40 quail and, um, i dont know what they are called in english, we just call them "land chickens" in arabic, pheasants maybe ? yeah about 20 of those.

I use hax though, mp3 players with loudspeakers throughout the fields mimicking their mating calls.

Get up in the morning and let loose with an 8 shot 12 gauge benelli. Mating season just makes them easier kills, they're kinda sluggish hehe.

They did make for a ridiculously delicious meal.

Well....I do still have 50lbs of venison in my freezer from last fall. :D

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:18
Well....I do still have 50lbs of venison in my freezer from last fall. :D

Good man.

There is no big game over here except for wild boar, and tbh i cant be arsed hunting at midnight given that wild boar likes to exist where Hyenas exist in force.

Now in case you are not familiar with Hyenas, they are nothing like the cute ones from the Lion king.

Now hyenas are just bastards, and unlike boar, they dont go 50/50 on run or charge, they plain out charge and maul you horribly. There is no heroic struggle where you come out on top in a melee with a hyena, you will simply die.

Easier to just pay the Muslim hunters per kilo for the boar they hunt. They wont touch it, they just shoot it and call you to come pick it up.

Mmm, wild boar marinated in red wine and orange juice.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 00:21
Good man.

There is no big game over here except for wild boar, and tbh i cant be arsed hunting at midnight given that wild boar likes to exist where Hyenas exist in force.

Now in case you are not familiar with Hyenas, they are nothing like the cute ones from the Lion king.

Now hyenas are just bastards, and unlike boar, they dont go 50/50 on run or charge, they plain out charge and maul you horribly. There is no heroic struggle where you come out on top in a melee with a hyena, you will simply die.

Easier to just pay the Muslim hunters per kilo for the boar they hunt. They wont touch it, they just shoot it and call you to come pick it up.

Mmm, wild boar marinated in red wine and orange juice.

Man....I would kill to try Boar!!! I bet the tenderloins rock! NOM NOM NOM!!

DocGonzo
04-06-2009, 00:26
real men eat moose...

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:27
Man....I would kill to try Boar!!! I bet the tenderloins rock! NOM NOM NOM!!

Yes, yes they do.

I can say hands down Boar is THE best meat i have ever had.

First one to make a gay joke, well, would just be uncool.

Niles
04-06-2009, 00:28
Yes, yes they do.

lol gay :p

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:29
real men eat moose...

I would like to shoot one of those and try it.

Meat always tastes better when you've ended the animal yourself.

Never shot game with bullets, always been shotgun, and I imagine killing Moose would require a BOOM HEADSHOT with a high caliber rifle yes ?

Niles
04-06-2009, 00:30
Never shot game with bullets, always been shotgun, and I imagine killing Moose would require a BOOM HEADSHOT with a high caliber rifle yes ?

Dude, moose is easy, we kill them with our bare hands over here.

Paulrevere
04-06-2009, 00:30
Yes, yes they do.

Dammit I had one all lined up. I guess it will have to wait.

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:31
Dammit I had one all lined up. I guess it will have to wait.

Niles beat you to it.

Dude, moose is easy, we kill them with our bare hands over here.

You're not cool anymore, as such i cannot believe you.

Niles
04-06-2009, 00:33
You're not cool anymore, as such i cannot believe you.

:eek: I must flee!

*runs away into the sunset with his two midget sexslaves*

DocGonzo

i use a .454 marlin lever action

you can go for the heart...most don't do the head cuz they want the trophy

i find waiting till you get him in profile an dtaking the throat out works best, your mileage may vary

and always marinade the meat...works great in stew...steaks...or the ever popular mooseburger

moose meatballs in my italian pasta sauce is legendary

Qikdraw

Real men use dynamite.

And the best potatos for the grill are sliced thin with onion, add butter seasoning salt and pepper between two sheets of foil. (butter the foil first) That is sooo good. The great thing is this also makes a good side to eggs and bacon the next day.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 00:39

i find waiting till you get him in profile an dtaking the throat out works best, your mileage may vary

and always marinade the meat...works great in stew...steaks...or the ever popular mooseburger

Ahhh....makes me jealous. No moose for me in MA. I know people in Rockwood that could help me in shooting one IF I won the lottery, but I never enter.

Either way..I love catching/killing my own food. Way better than pushinjg a carraige around a store. Kinda tempted to try a squirrel out, lol.

DocGonzo
04-06-2009, 00:42
Ahhh....makes me jealous. No moose for me in MA. I know people in Rockwood that could help me in shooting one IF I won the lottery, but I never enter.

Either way..I love catching/killing my own food. Way better than pushinjg a carraige around a store. Kinda tempted to try a squirrel out, lol.

actually alaskan moose are much tastier...and much bigger

my father in law lives up there, and once in a while i ship him up some lobster and he sends down more moose so i don't have to go out at o'dark thirty in the fucking morning and find one

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:45

Ah i dont care for trophies, just want the best way to ensure the thing dies.

Im guessing body shots wont kill it quickly, it would bleed out leaving a trail though wouldnt it.

Mooseburger sounds good hehe, i shall have to get to a country where moose is abundant and not a protected species or some other animal activist shit.

Im not patient enough to wait for the thing to turn, so headshots will probably be what i would go for.

Real men use dynamite.

And the best potatos for the grill are sliced thin with onion, add butter seasoning salt and pepper between two sheets of foil. (butter the foil first) That is sooo good. The great thing is this also makes a good side to eggs and bacon the next day.

Real men hunt game with assault rifles, but thats just for the pure joyful glee of killing, you have any idea how annoying it is to get an entire m16 mag out of the carcass ? Worst, idea, ever.

Natdaprat
04-06-2009, 00:47
So a trout is the result of hours of sitting at a lake/river/puddle when you could have, I don't know, solved a jigsaw or something.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 00:47
actually alaskan moose are much tastier...and much bigger

my father in law lives up there, and once in a while i ship him up some lobster and he sends down more moose so i don't have to go out at o'dark thirty in the fucking morning and find one

Why are the tastier? Different food source?

I bet we'd actually get along pretty good in RL Doc. Until I opened my yap about Obama, and spewed politcal crap like I have any clue what I'm saying, lol. Which I don't. But what fun would it be if I did? Smart is boring.

I do love New England though. Fresh seafood, good hunting, good fishing. High taxes......ah....life is good.

jonyak
04-06-2009, 00:48
I went fishing last year with my dad and a bunch of his friends.

They were very impressed with me.

not only did I drink as much wine as they did, I also caught more fish, gutted them on shore and cooked a huge fish shore dinner for them all using beer and crackers for a crust.

now they ask me to come back every time they go fishing.

I personaly have always love venison, but I currently have some fantastic moose sausage (no jokes) in my freezer, next to my bison burgers.

for fowl I have always loved wild goose, but I have wild turkey out in my back woods that I would love to shoot some year and try.

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:49

not only did I drink as much wine as they did, I also caught more fish, gutted them on shore and cooked a huge fish shore dinner for them all using beer and crackers for a crust.

Personally, scuba diving with a harpoon is so much more fun.

Natdaprat
04-06-2009, 00:50

Real men drink beer when sitting by a puddle.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 00:50

Awesome! But.....did you say wine? Wine and fishing?

jonyak
04-06-2009, 00:51
Awesome! But.....did you say wine? Wine and fishing?

ya my dad and his friends are all winos, so we end up drinking wine when we go... we're talking like 10 bottles between 4 of us.

1998altima
04-06-2009, 00:54
real men eat moose...

Real men hunt moose with bows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDPXO5sAwvI) not rifles.

Pcheez
04-06-2009, 00:55
ya my dad and his friends are all winos, so we end up drinking wine when we go... we're talking like 10 bottles between 4 of us.

Wine and fishing sounds unusual.

And if you cant hold down 2 bottles of wine with ease, you may as well get a sex change.

Rourke

lol...well...booze is booze I guess. :D I drink when I fish for Striped Bass on the jetty.....nice to sip a cold beer on a hot summer night catching big ocean bastards!

:( I ated all my nom noms. All gone. No more trouts. :(

DocGonzo
Why are the tastier? Different food source?

I bet we'd actually get along pretty good in RL Doc. Until I opened my yap about Obama, and spewed politcal crap like I have any clue what I'm saying, lol. Which I don't. But what fun would it be if I did? Smart is boring.

I do love New England though. Fresh seafood, good hunting, good fishing. High taxes......ah....life is good.

food source and pristine environment...

the good moose hunting upcountry in big Maine has the problem with all the shit blowing from the midwest...some days in the western areas you can actually see a film of mercury on the taller tree's western sides...

between that and the shit the paper mills have dumped into the water for the last 100 years...ain't as good as the stuff from the alaskan wilds

DocGonzo
04-06-2009, 00:57
Real men hunt moose with bows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDPXO5sAwvI) not rifles.

i don't like chasing the bastards while waiting for them to die

and anyone who tries to say they can one shot insta kill a moose with a fucking bow is either robin hood or a fucking liar

ok..watched the clip...that guy is insane...no fucking way i'm getting that close to any moose...they can kill a fucking buick

no...i'll keep my trusty marlin .454 magnum, thanks

Niles
04-06-2009, 00:58
You guys sound so uncivilized, Hitler is not pleased.

jonyak
04-06-2009, 00:59
Wine and fishing sounds unusual.

And if you cant hold down 2 bottles of wine with ease, you may as well get a sex change.

haha ya it is kinda unusual, but I kinda perfer it actualy.

its difficult to canoe after downing 2 bottles, and ya I don't drink alot, so 2 bottles gets me smashed.

Niles
04-06-2009, 01:00
haha ya it is kinda unusual, but I kinda perfer it actualy.

its difficult to canoe after downing 2 bottles, and ya I don't drink alot, so 2 bottles gets me smashed.

You sound so gay. Once you go wine, you can never become a man ever again.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 01:01
food source and pristine environment...

the good moose hunting upcountry in big Maine has the problem with all the shit blowing from the midwest...some days in the western areas you can actually see a film of mercury on the taller tree's western sides...

between that and the shit the paper mills have dumped into the water for the last 100 years...ain't as good as the stuff from the alaskan wilds

I remember all the warning about eating Salmon from the Penobscot. I forget the chemical atm....think it began with a C. The smell in Portland alone makes me sick. Paper mills suck imo.

I had no clue about Mercury coming from the Midwest, and being airbourne? Sad.:(

jonyak
04-06-2009, 01:01
lol...well...booze is booze I guess. :D I drink when I fish for Striped Bass on the jetty.....nice to sip a cold beer on a hot summer night catching big ocean bastards!

:( I ated all my nom noms. All gone. No more trouts. :(

Well I live inland so most of the fishing we do is for pickerel and large mouth bass in back lakes. so its a 2 hour or more canoe ride in, sometimes we strap the canoes on top of 4 wheelers and go back in the woods. driving 4 wheelers in the woods when drunk off your ass on wine in the dark kicks ass.

jonyak
04-06-2009, 01:02
You sound so gay. Once you go wine, you can never become a man ever again.

haha, I love wine. if that makes me gay, so be it.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 01:02
Well I live inland so most of the fishing we do is for pickerel and large mouth bass in back lakes. so its a 2 hour or more canoe ride in, sometimes we strap the canoes on top of 4 wheelers and go back in the woods. driving 4 wheelers in the woods when drunk off your ass on wine in the dark kicks ass.

Wait! Your're in Canada and you don't Pike fish?!?!

Rourke
04-06-2009, 01:03

I like Chilean wine a lot actually. Merlot.

Niles
04-06-2009, 01:04

Meh, you gave up like a Frenchie, no fun. :(

jonyak
04-06-2009, 01:04
Wait! Your're in Canada and you don't Pike fish?!?!

can you even eat pike?

I caught one once, it was annoying and I just let it go.

pickerel are much more fun to fish and they taste good.

Rourke
04-06-2009, 01:09
can you even eat pike?

I caught one once, it was annoying and I just let it go.

pickerel are much more fun to fish and they taste good.

I would guess you could, but I bet it's gross, lol. You fish for Pike for the fun of it, and sheer size. Canada OWNS the Muskie world too! And Saskatchewan Bucks.....mmmm........HUGE RACKS!!

It goes like this...Chain Pickerel, Northern Pike, Muskellunge.

jonyak
04-06-2009, 01:12
I would guess you could, but I bet it's gross, lol. You fish for Pike for the fun of it, and sheer size. Canada OWNS the Muskie world too! And Saskatchewan Bucks.....mmmm........HUGE RACKS!!

It goes like this...Chain Pickerel, Northern Pike, Muskellunge.

man you would love where I live.

Tons of muskie, so much so in one lake they used to apparenlty bite peoples toes before they were over fished.

I put a salt lick out in my back yard an dI have 4 deer that come by every day or a lick.. haha.

lilyeti
04-06-2009, 03:13
Well, I ate Tuna that I caught a couple of months ago, and defrosted.

alfaroverall
04-06-2009, 03:24
real men eat moose...
Moose is quite good. My mom has a friend who makes trips to Alaska each year (her biological family is up there; her adopted family is here) and brings back moose (her biological family is Inuit). That stuff makes a freaking epic stew.

heroshade
04-06-2009, 03:27
Pffft. Tell me when you catch a vulture fishing the Grand Canyon, and then I'll be impressed.

Dyrrn
04-06-2009, 06:04
i don't like chasing the bastards while waiting for them to die

and anyone who tries to say they can one shot insta kill a moose with a fucking bow is either robin hood or a fucking liar

ok..watched the clip...that guy is insane...no fucking way i'm getting that close to any moose...they can kill a fucking buick

no...i'll keep my trusty marlin .454 magnum, thanks

real men hunt moose with their car. (http://www.pianoladynancy.com/funnypics_toons/moose.htm) :sly:

Paulrevere
04-06-2009, 06:06
real men hunt moose with their car. (http://www.pianoladynancy.com/funnypics_toons/moose.htm) :sly:

Jesus.....

Everto
04-06-2009, 06:07
Jesus.....

was so fucking loaded when he hit that moose.

heroshade
04-06-2009, 06:24
was so fucking loaded when he hit that moose.

Nevermind :(

-Havoc-
04-06-2009, 06:37
i caught a dick today lololol

Paulrevere
04-06-2009, 06:38
i caught a dick today lololol

In your mouth?

Anyways it's time for my biweekly shower. See you later forumfall.