PDA

View Full Version : News: moldy pot

Toadgroin
03-29-2009, 23:42
so my friend bought a bag of pot and she wanted to go blaze with me and shit doggs, and then she just texted me. apparently she left some orange peels in the bag expecting the pot to moisten up a bit, only to find that it's now moldy. what should she do?

Rathynas
03-29-2009, 23:46
Stick it up her cunt and smuggle it.

-Jotun
03-29-2009, 23:47
Throw it away of course.

Vessol
so my friend bought a bag of pot and she wanted to go blaze with me and shit doggs, and then she just texted me. apparently she left some orange peels in the bag expecting the pot to moisten up a bit, only to find that it's now moldy. what should she do?

Mix it with dog shit, makes the stuff really powerful.

popsaregood230
DONT SMOKE ANY OF THE WEED!!! pick off the mold and put that in your pipe. Mold absorbs the THC so if you smoke that you will get high.

jonyak
03-29-2009, 23:49
I wouldn't smoke it.

as when you do you will be inhaling mold spores into your lungs.

does that sound like a good idea?

PS: used small pieces of bread. it works better and doesn;t get moldy.

also keep it in the freezer.

Hitom
03-29-2009, 23:56
You're gonna be fine. Smoke that shit mang!

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 00:09
It won't cause any problems, although she must've left it in there far to long for that to happen (you're only supposed to leave it in there for a few hours, and it's generally done only if you're selling it... not a lot of point if you intend to smoke it).

Oh, and IBTL

Toadgroin
03-30-2009, 00:33
ibtl?

Hitom
03-30-2009, 00:35
ibtl?

spammer.

Spankytwo
03-30-2009, 00:51
Buy meth, I hear it makes you sexy.

Tamural
03-30-2009, 01:00
Yeah, don't smoke it.

Mold spores in lungs = bad

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 01:36
Holy fuck, the mods are slacking today. I mean, this thread is clearly labeled and everything.

Then again, that Cocaine versus Ectasy thread lasted a few hours and got several hundred posts.

P.S. I'm wasted out of my fucking skull.

Tamural
03-30-2009, 01:38
Holy fuck, the mods are slacking today. I mean, this thread is clearly labeled and everything.

Then again, that Cocaine versus Ectasy thread lasted a few hours and got several hundred posts.

P.S. I'm wasted out of my fucking skull.

A pot is a cooking utensil. His friend left a pot in a rather large bag (or several pots) along with an orange peel. The orange peel is now moldy.

This is how the mods see this thread.

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 01:57
A pot is a cooking utensil. His friend left a pot in a rather large bag (or several pots) along with an orange peel. The orange peel is now moldy.

This is how the mods see this thread.

I want some of what you're smoking. Seriously, the mods around here are mostly community members and are generally not fucking morons.

Jangang
03-30-2009, 01:59

Depends on "how" moldy. If its not too bad, remove the peels and leave it out to dry for a day. It'll taste like shit, but it'll smoke. If its really bad throw it away.

If its abnormal mold (white and black hairs for instance) make haste at throwing it away.

For future reference, they sell these egg things. (Small plastic w/ holes) for like a buck at any head shop. Drop one of those in a glass of water then drop it in the bag. It'll keep things moist w/o mold heh.

NightLord
03-30-2009, 03:49
When I retire from the military, I'll be smoking it however I can get it.
Moldy, hydro, I don't care.

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 04:02
Heh, I guess the mods are leaving this open deliberately. Amusing.

biggunsar
03-30-2009, 04:44

first off, WTF is she doing putting orange peels in the fucking bag. What are you, novice pot smokers?

if it's dry, awesome. You get a nice burn.

verlox2
03-30-2009, 04:45
Drugs are for losers.

fermer101
03-30-2009, 04:48
Drugs are for losers.

On this forum, you will get flammed to hell for saying that.

(I'm not saying I agree or disagree.)

OneSoVile
03-30-2009, 04:50
Only users lose drugs.

verlox2
03-30-2009, 04:51
On this forum, you will get flammed to hell for saying that.

(I'm not saying I agree or disagree.)

Cause I'm surrounded by losers.

popsaregood230
03-30-2009, 04:53

1 R |\|07 1053R n00|3

OneSoVile
03-30-2009, 04:54

What's funny is that some people think they're winners.

Eventually the planet is going to crumble into dust and everything we ever were and all of our greatest accomplishments will be forgotten. The holocaust will become no different than the heroics of a firefighter; the actions of a dead race of flesh bags.

No one wins, we all lose. But hey, at least there's pot.

rockyraccoon
03-30-2009, 05:01
What's funny is that some people think they're winners.

Eventually the planet is going to crumble into dust and everything we ever were and all of our greatest accomplishments will be forgotten. The holocaust will become no different than the heroics of a firefighter; the actions of a dead race of flesh bags.

No one wins, we all lose. But hey, at least there's pot.

Now why in the heck would baby jesus let this happen?

In Nox
03-30-2009, 05:04
It is potentially dangerous and you could get a fungal infection. The responsible thing to do is throw it away. Although if its a large amount I know this can be difficult.

BrainFire
03-30-2009, 05:04
Drugs are for losers.

mommy told me drugs are bad.

"drugs are for losers" mommy said.

"freedom of choice makes you a loser" mommy said.

rockyraccoon
03-30-2009, 05:08

Your mom sounds hot.

verlox2
03-30-2009, 05:10

Hey, you can smoke as much pot as you want. It just makes you a loser.

BrainFire
03-30-2009, 05:11

why would that be?

BrainFire
03-30-2009, 05:22

what? no reason for stereotyping everyone who smokes?

point proven.

just because people tell you its bad, doesnt mean it is.

Jack_Daniel
03-30-2009, 05:23
why would that be?

Because it's drugs you stupid.

Desperado[1G]
03-30-2009, 05:23
I hope it kills you

Nevron
03-30-2009, 05:25

point proven.

It'd not bad, it just makes you temporarily dumber. It's like inhaling a supply of blonde moments.

BrainFire
03-30-2009, 05:26
It'd not bad, it just makes you temporarily dumber. It's like inhaling a supply of blonde moments.

are you fucking retarded? looks like you have inhaled too much of this shit you're talking about, because it isnt pot.

Nevron
03-30-2009, 05:29
are you fucking retarded? looks like you have inhaled too much of this shit you're talking about, because it isnt pot.

Looks like you just tapped into your supply of blonde. You temporarily stupid fuck.

OneSoVile
03-30-2009, 05:34

I got the highest marks of my life in highschool when I was doing the most drugs.

Drugs don't affect your intelligence, only your perception.

Nevron
03-30-2009, 05:37
I got the highest marks of my life in highschool when I was doing the most drugs.

Drugs don't affect your intelligence, only your perception.

I guess this is where I'll point out that I wasn't being serious.

Rathynas
03-30-2009, 05:42

point proven.

Actually, pot is bad. It may not be unhealthy for you, but it makes you a fucking moron. I watched okay kids from elementary school to high school go down the drain over time by using pot. Pot isn't bad for your body; it's bad for your brain.

BrainFire
03-30-2009, 05:43
Actually, pot is bad. It may not be unhealthy for you, but it makes you a fucking moron. I watched okay kids from elementary school to high school go down the drain over time by using pot. Pot isn't bad for your body; it's bad for your brain.

hahahahahahahahHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA

what are you? 16?

this has nothing to do with how pot affects the brain, its how the people surrounding him affect him. i know many people who got straight A's throughout high school while smoking at least once a day.

OneSoVile
03-30-2009, 05:46
Some people think pot destroys your ambition, but this is false.

Pot just allows you to understand that there's no fucking point to have of the stupid shit people care about.

"Let's see... I could go to a job I hate *toke* working with people I hate *toke* for a boss I hate *toke* and be completely unchallanged both professionally and spiritually *toke*...

Or...

I could stay home *toke* get high *toke* and learn to play the sitar *toke*... fuck it."

RIP Bill Hicks

Ozzy Wrong
03-30-2009, 06:10
My friend just bought a hooka.
Shisha + Pot + frisbee = my spare time from now on.

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 06:13
My friend just bought a hooka.
Shisha + Pot + frisbee = my spare time from now on.

Just now? Hookahs are fucking awesome, I have some mint and some double apple shisha lying around. They're great. Of course, the additive makes it even better.

Yeah though, a nice drag in a properly prepared hookah full of ice cold water with a couple bricks of charcoal on top is just pleasant.

kordoyn
03-30-2009, 06:13
Mold spores + lungs = suck. Although I doubt that any combination of pot and orange peels could make toxic mold. I'd probably pick around the mold and smoke the rest.

I mean, put the pot in the dishwasher, and throw away the orange peel.

Rathynas
03-30-2009, 06:16
hahahahahahahahHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA

what are you? 16?

this has nothing to do with how pot affects the brain, its how the people surrounding him affect him. i know many people who got straight A's throughout high school while smoking at least once a day.

Yeah, I am. But I've seen what it does to people. Can't change my views.

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 06:21
Yeah, I am. But I've seen what it does to people. Can't change my views.

Yeah! Merely being wrong shouldn't change your views. I admire your stubborn determination.

Estrang
03-30-2009, 08:55
Yeah! Merely being wrong shouldn't change your views. I admire your stubborn determination.

Marijuana doesn't really affect your intellectual capabalities, but it does numb your emotional extremities, the whole 'fuck it' attitude has a strong basis in marijuana, or maybe it's just an external expression of people already under that philosophy.

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 09:03
Marijuana doesn't really affect your intellectual capabalities, but it does numb your emotional extremities, the whole 'fuck it' attitude has a strong basis in marijuana, or maybe it's just an external expression of people already under that philosophy.

Marijuana certainly has both long and short term effects that mess with your emotions, but it doesn't magically turn people into useless idiots which seems to be a popular view these days. Also, correlation does not equal causation of course.

Estrang
03-30-2009, 09:04
Marijuana certainly has both long and short term effects that mess with your emotions, but it doesn't magically turn people into useless idiots which seems to be a popular view these days. Also, correlation does not equal causation of course.

No, but find me a person who's not altered in any manner after toking some good bud, exactly, you are changed.

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 09:11
No, but find me a person who's not altered in any manner after toking some good bud, exactly, you are changed.

Yeah, that's kinda the point. It gets you high. However, blaming that for all of someone's problems is bullshit. I'm not denying the effects though, just pointing out that most people assign effects to it it doesn't have.

Mudgutts
03-30-2009, 09:16
most people assign effects to it it doesn't have.

like?

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 09:21
like?

Long term decreased intelligence, schizophrenia (and other mental illnesses), mental defects already present in the smoker prior to smoking, physical addiction, fuck I've even known people who thought they might die from smoking pot. Really, you name it I've heard some fucking moron claim pot did it.

Mudgutts
03-30-2009, 09:23
Long term decreased intelligence, schizophrenia (and other mental illnesses), mental defects already present in the smoker prior to smoking, physical addiction, fuck I've even known people who thought they might die from smoking pot. Really, you name it I've heard some fucking moron claim pot did it.

fuckin' bubblegummer noobz.

HAHAHA
"OMG DO I LOOK HIGH"???????

C++ Student
03-30-2009, 09:44
1 R |\|07 1053R n00|3

I love the fact that I can understand that, are people who can read that sad or just genius?

Baralis
03-30-2009, 09:52
I wouldnt smoke it. When I was a teen and went to spend the weekend at my mothers I always hid my cigarettes in the woodpile next to the shed. It rained on them one time and had gotten just a hint of mold on them. With them being my only smokes I dried them out and smoked one. It made me very very ill and I started puking in a matter of minutes. Needless to say I never smoked another moldly cigarette.

Ozzy Wrong
03-30-2009, 15:16
Just now? Hookahs are fucking awesome, I have some mint and some double apple shisha lying around. They're great. Of course, the additive makes it even better.

Yeah though, a nice drag in a properly prepared hookah full of ice cold water with a couple bricks of charcoal on top is just pleasant.

Well, we are only in high school.
His mom lets us smoke it in the living room, it's become quite the social thing on weekends.
Smoke the hookah, maybe some pot, go out and throw the frisbee.
Watching that thing fly while high is magical.

Adraedan
03-30-2009, 15:37
Well, we are only in high school.
His mom lets us smoke it in the living room, it's become quite the social thing on weekends.
Smoke the hookah, maybe some pot, go out and throw the frisbee.
Watching that thing fly while high is magical.

I always found hookas get clogged too easily as most are designed for tabacco which has far less residue than pot.

I like the good ol' bong most of the time.

Ozzy Wrong
03-30-2009, 15:41
I always found hookas get clogged too easily as most are designed for tabacco which has far less residue than pot.

I like the good ol' bong most of the time.

My other friend, who's more of a pothead, just got a 6 foot bong for his birthday.
But yah, we usually use the pipe or his mom's vaporizer for the weed

popsaregood230
03-30-2009, 16:16
Chillum for a nice stealthy quick smoke with huge hits.

Estrang
03-30-2009, 17:17

Well you will die from smoking pot. Lung cancer is real, if you haven't realized it by now. It's also a long term effect, and if you have the mentality 'ill quit in a few years big deal' 5 or 10 years pass and the habit is still there, now you've slowly accumalated a build up of tar in your lungs.

Badem
03-30-2009, 17:18
I can honestly say I never used to put Orange in my pot

mind you been w hile since I did any drugs

Estrang
03-30-2009, 17:23
I can honestly say I never used to put Orange in my pot

mind you been w hile since I did any drugs

orange peel makes marijuana look more appealing than it really is. This is great for duping newbie buyers into thinking their getting some real sticky moist kripknot(which technically they are, sticky and moist anyway!). And generally it does no harm if its left for short duration. For whatever reason your friend decided to turn their bag of drugs into a incubator. Shits no good now.

Badem
03-30-2009, 17:25
ahh i tend to smoke Resin and also Bush, no need for that orange peel shit

gets me high which is what I like

Garriott
03-30-2009, 17:33
If you put it in the oven for a while at about 300 degrees, you'll probably kill the mould without affecting the psychoactive contents (THC evaporates around 410 degrees, IIRC).

Tamural
03-30-2009, 20:09
Because marijuana is illegal, people tend to get violent over it.

I remember a while back (about a year ago) when I was involved in the lovely scene that is teenage retardedness. The mere mention of weed would spark arguments, and constantly I would be throttled by stupid stories of "that bitch who stole my shit [MJ]," or getting ripped off by the dealers, or planning to jump some guy to get back at him for pretty much nothing (something about how he used to smoke with them... or something, was really dumb, lol.)

I don't mind marijuana. I actually think legalizing it would be extremely beneficial (lolEconomy/Mental Depression), not to mention less hypocritical (lolAlcohol/Cigarettes.) The only problem I have with it is when people are high ALL THE FUCKING TIME, and don't SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT:bang:. Other than that, yeah, cool. Whatever.

Achromic
03-30-2009, 20:19
Well you will die from smoking pot. Lung cancer is real, if you haven't realized it by now. It's also a long term effect, and if you have the mentality 'ill quit in a few years big deal' 5 or 10 years pass and the habit is still there, now you've slowly accumalated a build up of tar in your lungs.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/3/26/713472/-Daily-Kos:-Lets-have-an-honest-talk-about-marijuana-(Updated-with-more-stats)

There's quite a bit of information on the effects of smoking the substance. With links leading to the researched information.

Very true, this is most apparent with psychedelic use as it brings out prior mental problems in such individual who has them prior to the ingestion. It's why LSD at one point was thought to be a psycho-mimetic because it mimicked a mental breakdown(schizophrenia or other effect) but the scientist realized that it was the history of the person's mental family background.

Same can be said when a potent cannabis strain is used particularly of the Sativa(sub-root) since it's head-high(and speedy, energetic effect) can cause a psychedelic effect depending on potency and amount ingested. And may trigger a negative response on the user if such problems are present in their mindset.

Thoric
03-30-2009, 20:24
Smoke it and then watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QAlt4Sfl7Q&feature=related).

Temet nosce
03-30-2009, 23:38

Not the kind of death I'm talking about. I mean idiots who panic and think smoking will kill them immediately. Also, I'm well aware, and I have a vaporizer.

If you put it in the oven for a while at about 300 degrees, you'll probably kill the mould without affecting the psychoactive contents (THC evaporates around 410 degrees, IIRC).

I've heard people claim as low as 280 Fahrenheit (which some of the chemicals (mostly the aromatics) do vaporize at), however the flash point for THC is roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit. http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.15266.html

Hubbell
03-30-2009, 23:50

Smoke it, you'll trip balls.

JUAN_LOVE
03-30-2009, 23:51
stupid bitch.

Adraedan
03-30-2009, 23:52
Not the kind of death I'm talking about. I mean idiots who panic and think smoking will kill them immediately. Also, I'm well aware, and I have a vaporizer.

I've heard people claim as low as 280 Fahrenheit (which some of the chemicals (mostly the aromatics) do vaporize at), however the flash point for THC is roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit. http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.15266.html

It should be noted, for all pot heads, that packing a full bowl is usually a waste based on the information provided by Temet Nosce. Your lighter will blast a lot of the THC away in that first inhale.

It's better to pack one hoot at a time in a bowl; you conserve weed and generally get significantly more fucked.

DoveAlexa
03-30-2009, 23:57
For all those doubting the benifits of pot for people of chronic nasty temperment, just look at Temet. If he didn't smoke he'd personally come and kill us all. He'd be like a cross between rorsache and angry german kid all the time.

Therefore, keep smoking Temey!

dinkfall
03-31-2009, 00:14

Isolate and decarboxylate the delta9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid till you're left with pure delta9-THC, that is the only method.
The problem is that a simple acid-base extraction does not work for THC.
Here's a patent for the isolation process: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6365416/claims.html

Heating the plant does can produce some loss of THC, but it is not all that drastic. Many lazy potheads heat their plants when they can't be bothered to let them dry up.
But still 300F probably wouldn't even kill the mold.

You stoners shouldn't worry about the THC so much, the stoner culture seems hardly interested in it's psychoactive effects anyways, I'm sure nothing would change even if there was no THC in the plants. Nowadays it's so easy to grow stuff with absurd levels of it too. But if you really want some agonisation of the CB1 and CB2 receptors you should try something like HU-210 or JWH-018.

Amaryl
03-31-2009, 00:46
I get my weed from a legal shop. :ninja:

Polluxo
03-31-2009, 01:28
Pot isn't illegal in Greece, this thread will be fine.