PDA

View Full Version : CPU Temp

Koosta
03-16-2009, 07:10
For some reason, Darkfall seems to be jumping my CPU temperature by about 12c in each core when it runs. My processor load is only at about 52% maximum during gameplay.

Anyways, I'm running a E6750 which is an Intel 2.66 core2 duo. Core 0 is clocking in at 47c, and Core 1 at 49-50c.

Is this too hot? I'm having trouble finding what this particular processor should be running, since every processor varies. If anyone is certain, please let me know or direct me to where I can figure it out. I don't want to burn it out, and will be buying extra cooling ASAP if this is running too hot.

Speedfan 4.37 is giving me the "Fire" icon when it hits 50c in either core, which indicates it's too hot to be safe.

Thanks in advance.

leroysarbituarys
03-16-2009, 07:15
I used a Dual Core Pent4 3.60 its kinda old, I installed SiSandra and it told me my CPU temp was 74C. I ordered some Artic Silver and applied a layer and now its down to 41-44C. Thinking about replacing it though can it ran hot for a long time and its over two years old. If I were you, I would look on the Internet for what temperature it should be. Usually the manufacture will have the information. Also, have you checked for dust on your heatsinks/fans?

Koosta
03-16-2009, 07:21
Well that's where I'm slightly confused. If one core is 50c, and the other 47c, are those independent? I've never judged temperature on a core 2 duo before.

I've tried looking on the manufacture's website and can't find it, guess I'll call tomorrow when tech support is open.

leroysarbituarys
03-16-2009, 07:37
If everyone that had a dual core would check thier temperature via software 99% of them would see two different numbers. If you could, reboot>BIOS> Think its "PC Health Status", and check the temperature there for a more accurate number. Are you over-clocking by chance?

Koosta
03-16-2009, 07:41
If everyone that had a dual core would check thier temperature via software 99% of them would see two different numbers. If you could, reboot>BIOS> Think its "PC Health Status", and check the temperature there for a more accurate number. Are you over-clocking by chance?

No, not overclocking. Running a P5N-E SLI so the motherboard naturally runs at a higher temp, too.

leroysarbituarys
03-16-2009, 07:44
Ok, also the reason I asked to check your BIOS is that you cant always rely on one app/method to make it 100% accurate. My BIOS showed me 73C and SiSandra was 74C. I can live with one degree difference.

gravediggerr
03-16-2009, 10:18
it is quite normal ur temperature goes up on a dual core ( even on a quad) the normal temp for any pc is between 45 and 50c

and it all goes down on what ur runnin from wich kinda games anyway i mean my normal temperature when im gaming is around 56 degrees

so trust me quite normal

and put a safety on ur bios if i may add incase it gets too hot it shuts down automatically than you know you gotta clean it (put it at 75 degrees) you can never fail than

put the temperatures ur sayin r quite normal so dont panic :D

Carnifex
03-16-2009, 10:26
When the temp reaches 75c> you should start getting worried.