PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5

Erathorn
03-08-2009, 07:56
So Resident Evil 5 is out next week, well it's out right now if one uses other means. I'm not really all that psyched even though I've been a die-hard fan since Resident Evil 1 on PlayStation 1; but I still have the game on pre-order.

I guarantee I'll have a good time playing through this game several times just because its a top-notch quality product in an Action oriented game sense.

Resident Evil departed post-Resident Evil 2 imho. I really felt it completely changed past Leon Kennedy's romp through the R.C.P.D. The GameCube remake of the first RE was an incredible one, but no other games really brought back that certain feel that both RE1 and 2 originally had.

I'm like most fans of the series and I'll go with saying that Resident Evil 4 shouldn't have been called Resident Evil, because its a sheer transition into an action game with no redeeming qualities of the original story/atmosphere except for needless character cameos. However, it was a kick-ass game if you played it for what it is and not damn it for what it's not, and I'm sure RE5 will be the same, only this time it will be on next-gen standards.

Marrik
03-08-2009, 15:27
first RE game i played was 4, i was dissapointed that there were no zombies :(

the really long interactive cutscenes were cool, but sometimes they pissed me off (it took me like 50 tries to get through that knife fight scene)

Wickfield
03-08-2009, 16:05

the really long interactive cutscenes were cool, but sometimes they pissed me off (it took me like 50 tries to get through that knife fight scene)

you mean those faggoty quicktime events? They certainly add challenge to the game.

-not.

otherwise, I really loved that game, must've played through it 5 times on various difficulties.

Marrik
03-08-2009, 16:14
most of the quick time events were easy imo, but holy shit, that knife fight was like 4 times longer than it needed to be, especially considering that when you died you had to restart it.

and on an unrelated note i really liked how you could customize all the guns.

Wickfield
03-08-2009, 16:33
most of the quick time events were easy imo, but holy shit, that knife fight was like 4 times longer than it needed to be, especially considering that when you died you had to restart it.

and on an unrelated note i really liked how you could customize all the guns.

not so much customize as upgrade.

but no-vendor runs were h-core.

Zirithil
03-08-2009, 16:35
Demo was super boring. Like an action game with super lame movement.

heroshade
03-08-2009, 16:55

That fight pissed me off so much. Especially since I like putting my controller down to watch cutscenes. Not after this game. :(

MindOverSword
03-08-2009, 18:15
Here in mah homeland of Canada, we can trade in three games to get it for free. I'm trading in Fable Sucker II, Marvel Boring Alliance and Civilization Retardation.

So Resident Evil 5 is out next week, well it's out right now if one uses other means. I'm not really all that psyched even though I've been a die-hard fan since Resident Evil 1 on PlayStation 1; but I still have the game on pre-order.

I guarantee I'll have a good time playing through this game several times just because its a top-notch quality product in an Action oriented game sense.

Resident Evil departed post-Resident Evil 2 imho. I really felt it completely changed past Leon Kennedy's romp through the R.C.P.D. The GameCube remake of the first RE was an incredible one, but no other games really brought back that certain feel that both RE1 and 2 originally had.

I'm like most fans of the series and I'll go with saying that Resident Evil 4 shouldn't have been called Resident Evil, because its a sheer transition into an action game with no redeeming qualities of the original story/atmosphere except for needless character cameos. However, it was a kick-ass game if you played it for what it is and not damn it for what it's not, and I'm sure RE5 will be the same, only this time it will be on next-gen standards.

BLASHEMY! Unbelivable! You should be raging and foaming at the mouth because they changed a game you liked, they had no right! What are you not to stand up for this injustice? Intelligent?

YoMaNaTiOn
03-08-2009, 18:41
I'll pirate it. I have bought every single one of the previous games (even REmake and RE0) but RE5's setting just seems uninteresting to me. If it's good, I might buy it later.

Badem
03-09-2009, 12:08
hey comeon, wahts not to like about this game, deep in an african shanty, fulfilling all your racist desires to recreate Mogadishu (albeit with zombies)

as long as this game is an improvement on RE5 (which I didnt even finish tbh, no ammo and stupid 'freeze boss' tactics..)

chewbaccasdad
03-09-2009, 12:11
If the demo is anything to go by, the controls still fucking suck. But I love the series, so I'll probably buy it eventually.

lilyeti
04-09-2009, 04:30
Not that it's been out for a decent amount of time, what do you think?

Seriousbisnis
04-09-2009, 04:31
Demo was a steaming pile of shit, I dont plan on buying it.

heroshade
04-09-2009, 04:33
I'm with you.

And yeah, that knife fight was annoying. Especially when you think you've got it down, and then they change the god damn button on you and you die again.

Oh, and five sucked shit. No pirate merchant guy, and the El Gigante fight sucked.

Beeblebrox
04-09-2009, 04:39
Good or bad, it's not Resident Evil anymore.

lilyeti
04-09-2009, 04:48
I'm with you.

And yeah, that knife fight was annoying. Especially when you think you've got it down, and then they change the god damn button on you and you die again.

Oh, and five sucked shit. No pirate merchant guy, and the El Gigante fight sucked.

Are you kidding me? The knife fight was frcken easy. I did it on my first try, this is the first I heard that people had trouble with it.

I baught the game, the first play through was fun, the Sheva AI is pathetic. The last boss was annyoing as shit, I had no idea what the fuck to do. Yo are never going to use half the weapons in then game, it's like they spilt them into groups of Epic and peices of shit. The puzzles were annoying.

I got a glitch, there is a room, where there are tanks of like 20 mutant things (the pink dog like things). Sheva automaticaly sais "be quiet, I don't think they can see us" You are supposed to walk to the elevator, and call for it. You then hear glass breaking and the mutant thingys come at you. You have to survive until the elevator comes.

I run in, and decide to break the glass and kill the mother fuckers. I do it, loose alot of ammo, then procede to call for the elevator. Again, despite the fact you allready killed them, you hear glass break, and 20 of them flood the room.

Also, to end it on a positive, I love the stats. It keeps track of how many times each enemy killed you, and how many times you killed each enemy, accuracy with each weapon, how many headshots with each, how many kills with each. (Those dam corcodiles killed me like 6 times).