PDA

View Full Version : So what are you guys playing while you wait for darkfall?

Hecubis
08-31-2005, 23:22
Personally I'm sick of WoW and can't find any good MMO to take it's place right now. So I went back to my FPS games til darkfall comes out.

Currently playing DoD again. DoD:S is coming out soon and that will prolly tide me over for quite some time.

http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/

I'm also playing Rome: Total War. Fun game.

WoW was my first MMO and it got me interested in the genre, but the end game totally let me down. Never thought Blizzard would dissapoint me. :(

Unknewn
08-31-2005, 23:32
Shoudl be offtopic, Im playing CS, WC3 TFT ladder, SB test, and back in D2 LoD

Kiroth
08-31-2005, 23:33
I was playing CoH just before I found out about Darkfall. On the night I found out about it I was playing DoD. Now I pretty much don't play anything except a little Age of Empires, the rest of my time is consumed with these forums :ninja:

Hecubis
08-31-2005, 23:37
Shoudl be offtopic, Im playing CS, WC3 TFT ladder, SB test, and back in D2 LoD

DoD > CS :p

I might give CoH a go. I know it doesn't have any PVP at all, but it might be good for a laugh.

Kiroth
08-31-2005, 23:41
They added pvp with the Arena, but it's a pretty bad system imo. There will be real pvp when CoV is released in Oct. 31. I pre-ordered the game, but unfortunately I learned of Darkfall right after that ><;; I probably wouldn't have pre-ordered if I had known sooner. Now I just plan to play CoV until beta comes out or something.

CoH is alright, but for me personally I would rather have swords, keeps, etc.

Just Anyone
08-31-2005, 23:43
Well... I WAS playing PT Brazil server, but they delayed the 3rd Tier opening to Sept 24th... Fuck that, not gonna play the game w/o 3rd Tier, ridiculous. So atm I'm playing no game... A friend of mine asked me to play L2 with her, but it's so individualistic that it's barely any fun... Just cool to explore the world... Might search some HB server in the meantime... W/e
OOOOOO Forgot to say the UBER game I'm playing... The Sims 2...

Preston
08-31-2005, 23:49
Moved to off-topic. We have a few threads here in off-topic about this very same thing!

Lysandor
08-31-2005, 23:49
Eve Online and WoW...still can't believe the guy who coined 'WoWbies' got hooked on it... =/

Jangang
08-31-2005, 23:54
Picked up Jade Empire the other day, damn that was a cool game... Its on my list of all time favorite games actually. :)

Hecubis
09-01-2005, 00:09
Picked up Jade Empire the other day, damn that was a cool game... Its on my list of all time favorite games actually. :)

That game briefly piqued my interest as well. Is it just X-Box, or PC as well?

The supply of PC games is really drying up these days and it seems I might have to cave in and get a console system.

Hecubis
09-01-2005, 00:10
[QUOTE=Just Anyone]OOOOOO Forgot to say the UBER game I'm playing... The Sims 2...

Jangang
09-01-2005, 00:17

The supply of PC games is really drying up these days and it seems I might have to cave in and get a console system.

I think its a xbox only title, though I'm not sure...

Sintros
09-01-2005, 04:12
Well Black and White 2 comes out this September, which sounds like a good game (much better than B&W1). Also Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion will be out soon. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion I think end of September and even Earth 2160 if you liked that series (I do a lot).

So really there are plenty of games coming out within a month or two and in my opinion, atleast 2 of the those I mentioned should be good ;)

Brannoc
09-01-2005, 07:12
I started playing Fable today, so far I've found it to be highly amusing, if you're into RPGs this one is for you.

(So far it's fairly similar to Jade Empire and KOTOR but with a bit more dynamic gameplay.)

Goty
09-01-2005, 07:49
Well Black and White 2 comes out this September, which sounds like a good game (much better than B&W1). Also Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion will be out soon. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion I think end of September and even Earth 2160 if you liked that series (I do a lot).

So really there are plenty of games coming out within a month or two and in my opinion, atleast 2 of the those I mentioned should be good ;)

B&W2... B&W2... B&W2... Oh... Oh.. Oh.. GARedgskrjantyhRAyjhghs!!!

Now, while I have the ceremonial post orgasm cigarette, I must also mention Oblivion (currently playing Morrowind with the expansions, and some Daggerfall..) and of course, for the future, the greatness that will be Spore.

Darkmatter
09-01-2005, 07:55
Oblivion in the end of september.. Don`t you think there are huge chances the game will be delayed or similar ? I`ve seen some sites for example play.com list it to be released in december.- have there been any official statements regarding its release ?

edit: http://www.pcgames.de/external/browser/index.cfm?entity_ID=27281&mode=entity

a few newer pictures at the beginning there i think, i havent seen them before at least - but the quality is poor - at least it shows some scenery and such. Click [color=silver]Bild in Originalgr

Khahan
09-01-2005, 08:20
DOD was my FPS of choice back in the day. Then I got sucked into America's Army. Nowadays if I play any games AT ALL it might be Savage for an hour, or some Stronghold 2.

Games suck so bad lately that I can't tell if I'm growing to old for games or if they do in fact suck that bad. I'm hoping Darkfall will be the litmus test. :P

What's the release date?
Holidays 2005.

Never thought Blizzard would dissapoint me. :(
Huh? Diablo and Diablo 2 were item whoring games. You knew WoW would be too. The only difference is in Diablo you were too young to care and in Diablo 2 we all spent most of our time offline away from the bnet kids. When we all get thrown together on a pvp server suddenly the beast rears it's ugly head.

Gunther TheBlack
09-01-2005, 09:33
UO defiance and SB lore on test.

Gloomrender
09-01-2005, 10:13
How long is jade emire? All ive hard about it are good things and I think ill pick that one up.

Unknewn
09-01-2005, 13:00
DoD > CS :p

I might give CoH a go. I know it doesn't have any PVP at all, but it might be good for a laugh.

Ya im prolly going back to DoD practice a bit befor new DoD.

Nalira
09-01-2005, 17:44
madden 2006 lol

Jangang
09-01-2005, 18:00
How long is jade emire? All ive hard about it are good things and I think ill pick that one up.

Took me just about 24 hours exactly to beat it, playing straight through the night w/o sleep. I'll prolley start a new game this weekend, and go w/ a different style of character...

I've got Fable too, its pretty cool.

Fikk
09-01-2005, 18:26
Playing Dungeon Seige 2 right now. Good game. IMO.

Darkmatter
09-01-2005, 18:35
Anyone tried the Starship Troopers demo ? Wonder if the game is any good.

Surgeon
09-01-2005, 19:03
http://realmsofkrel.com

Hecubis
09-01-2005, 19:22
DOD was my FPS of choice back in the day. Then I got sucked into America's Army. Nowadays if I play any games AT ALL it might be Savage for an hour, or some Stronghold 2.

Games suck so bad lately that I can't tell if I'm growing to old for games or if they do in fact suck that bad. I'm hoping Darkfall will be the litmus test. :P

Fuck, I know exactly what you mean. I sit there staring at my comp wondering what I should play now that the weather is turning to shit again.... and I draw a blank.

It's terrifying. :(

Huh? Diablo and Diablo 2 were item whoring games. You knew WoW would be too. The only difference is in Diablo you were too young to care and in Diablo 2 we all spent most of our time offline away from the bnet kids. When we all get thrown together on a pvp server suddenly the beast rears it's ugly head.

I was holding out hope that it would be more warcraft then diablo. I wouldn't mind the whole item whoring thing so much if the PVP wasn't a steaming pool of liquid monkey shit.

Kietharr
09-01-2005, 21:41
Battlefield and a shitload of mods for it, BF2 sometimes, Moviebattles (Mod for Jedi Academy, kicks total ass and it's free, assuming you can find a copy of the piece of shit it's based off of, JKA), a little planetside and EQII, in which i have a 42 brigand, 16 summoner, 11 sorcerer, and 18 bard.

Aeris
09-01-2005, 21:43
I spend my time making sigs, trolling random forums, dreaming about darkfall, watching anime, sleeping, more sleeping, play some counterstrike, even more sleeping.

Sintros
09-01-2005, 21:53
Hmm dunno why I though TES:IV came out September, maybe because so much comes out this month I got that mixed in ;)

For those of you who haven't, you should really try out Mount & Blade. It is supposed to have similar (70% similar) melee combat to Darkfall's according to Claus.

Jordan2650
08-09-2008, 04:31
i am playing Devil May Cry 4, and i hope it lasts me until this game comes out, because i gots no money :(

Everto
08-09-2008, 04:32
I started playing WoW because my friend would take me out to lunch.

and since BC, I've always wanted to raid Illidan...

BlackVolgan
08-09-2008, 04:33
tf2 and photoshop

Everto
08-09-2008, 04:34
tf2 and photoshop

Photoshop's a game now?
I guess i'm playing it too.

El Chupacabra
08-09-2008, 04:36
This could possibly be the greatest necro I have seen in a long time.

Everto
08-09-2008, 04:37
This could possibly be the greatest necro I have seen in along time.

oh my god.

I didn't even realize.

zakariaz
08-09-2008, 04:37
hah was reading this threat and got all confused because they talked about BW2 and fable.
Until I realised this thread is a necro. It all made alot more sense

Blixa
08-09-2008, 04:40
Oh, since when did Preston gave up beeing a mod (he's now a Veteran Staff Member). Never noticed...

El Chupacabra
08-09-2008, 04:43
Oh, since when did Preston gave up beeing a mod (he's now a Veteran Staff Member). Never noticed...

lolololol

Marrik
08-09-2008, 05:20

im a visiter from 3 years in the future, here to tell you that B&W1 was actually better than B&W2. B&W2 is really just an rts game with a big overpowered monster unit that rapes all regular troops and respawns.

also, its impossible to heat rocks red hot or make them burn, so no more flaming balls of death or massive eternally burning boulder pyres to throw people into.

and also, you cant fireball your own peasents, the only thing you can do is throw them around or feed them to your creature.

oh yeah, and no more massive kickass temple of doom or sacrificing little kids for more mana. WTF, WHY DIDNT YOU JUST NOT RELEASE IT? THEN AT LEAST ID HAVE THE FANTASY OF WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN :bang:

oh yeah, and dont buy Oblivion until a year after it comes out, and when you do, go to www.tesnexus.com

Weeking
08-09-2008, 05:31

PC too.

Playing Dungeon Seige 2 right now. Good game. IMO.

-no replay value and too short though.

Squarehelljumpr
08-09-2008, 05:34
BF:bad company 2 (after conquest was released i realized that i didnt waste my 60 bucks)
Halo 3 (its fun...stfu if you dont think so)
Cod4
Crackdown

I can not and will not play another mmo ever again until darkfall comes out

Edit: i just realized this was a necro
THIS IS THE BEST NECROD THREAD EVER!!!

Kietharr
08-09-2008, 05:38
i am playing Devil May Cry 4, and i hope it lasts me until this game comes out, because i gots no money :(

I actually liked this necro, I laugh at how noob I was in EQ2. I had a lv70 brigand and lv70 inquisitor both in full t7 fabled/legendary.

Spineless_DoO
08-09-2008, 07:25
Sins of a solar empire. Fucking awsome game. The multiplayer is kick ass. Best yet for that type of game.

heroshade
08-09-2008, 07:27
This could possibly be the greatest necro I have seen in a long time.

Not the never ending story? At least he didn't necro Brannocs farewell thread on the last page.

odeka
08-09-2008, 07:28
Playing AOC, but getting bored of it all ready. Desperetly in need of a fullfilling mmorpg :(

Ammon777
08-09-2008, 07:31
I will be in Warhammer Online closed beta / open beta in about 1 week from now ... cuz I got the collectors edition !!! Anything to get me outta WoW for the wait til Darkfall. :lmao: And I kinda like battlegrounds in WoW (thats all I do, basically) so WAR will fit nicely.

I cant go a week without an MMO, seriously.