PDA

View Full Version : Here's hoping Chrystler dies in a fire

Slypieguy
02-17-2009, 23:22
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_bi_ge/autos_bailout

gtfo the trough fuckers

Qikdraw
02-17-2009, 23:27
Yes give us money so we can stay solvent and not have to close and all those poor people will lose their jobs. Oh wait, we'll take the money, but still lay off thousands of people.

Drunkenork
02-17-2009, 23:30
Wait, you mean the bailouts didn't work? I don't see how, the bank bails worked wonders!

Sallek
02-17-2009, 23:47
I hope chrysler does burn in a fire. I have hoped this when they hired Nardelli as their CEO. He is the crook of crooks.

Z31Turbo
02-18-2009, 00:38
Yes give us money so we can stay solvent and not have to close and all those poor people will lose their jobs. Oh wait, we'll take the money, but still lay off thousands of people.

You mean all those poor people in Mexico, Canada and Europe where most american cars are actually made?

all american car companies shot themselves in the foot several decades ago, they deserve to burn in hell. The only bailout they should get is from Toyota buying them out. At least than we can start buying American cars actually made in America.

Salardc
02-18-2009, 00:44
You mean all those poor people in Mexico, Canada and Europe where most american cars are actually made?

all american car companies shot themselves in the foot several decades ago, they deserve to burn in hell. The only bailout they should get is from Toyota buying them out. At least than we can start buying American cars actually made in America.

qft

toyota is the real american car ...

most gmc, ford, chrysler car parts are manufactured in mexico and other countries... I beleive a high percentage of the F150 (something over 60%, cant remember ) is made in mexico.... um, how is that an american truck?? cuz they assemble it here??

Drunkenork
02-18-2009, 00:48
qft

toyota is the real american car ...

most gmc, ford, chrysler car parts are manufactured in mexico and other countries... I beleive a high percentage of the F150 (something over 60%, cant remember ) is made in mexico.... um, how is that an american truck?? cuz they assemble it here??

That all being said. Toyota isn't in a position to be buying anyone out lol.

Slypieguy
02-18-2009, 00:52
That all being said. Toyota isn't in a position to be buying anyone out lol.

Sheeit, they are healthy enough. If GM/Ford suddenly went under, you don't think TM would be splooging themselves over the new market share?

Drunkenork
02-18-2009, 00:54
Sheeit, they are healthy enough. If GM/Ford suddenly went under, you don't think TM would be splooging themselves over the new market share?

... With no-one buying cars. Ya, I don't think they would be too thrilled.

Salardc
02-18-2009, 00:57
they would not buy them out they would let them fail, buy the factories from the banks FOR CHEAP (dirt cheap) and then when the next economic boom happens... profit!

saltwaterteffy
02-18-2009, 00:57
you wouldn't hire a car thief as a valet...so why should the country supply these bastards with more money?

Slypieguy
02-18-2009, 01:06
... With no-one buying cars. Ya, I don't think they would be too thrilled.

Um, Ford and GM are selling cars... just not nearly as many as before, along with everyone else. Let's say they had a 50% market share combined, even if the market itself shrinks, that's still half of the market.

Norse
02-18-2009, 02:04
Chrystler?

Xerish
02-18-2009, 03:03
Being a long term GM fan i have to say i have been very dissapointed with them in the past. "Stimulus" aside I think the breaking deal was that my Domestic Pontiac is made 100% in Mexico, while my Imported Toyota 4 runner is made 100% in Texas. hmm this is a bit odd no? lol

As for Chrystler.. i never really cared to much for them so i have no opinion. Ford seems to be the only dealer Domestically doing half way decent. GM, i sitll have hopes for with thier return to the basics and classics Big V8s Turning the >>>>REAR<<<< wheels... like US cars are supposed to be.. A 304hp 3.6L V6 Camaro with avg 28mpg is a big plus, not to mention the 22mpg avg 6.2L 440hp version. If GM keeps it up with cars like the G8, the upcoming RWD Impala/Monte Carlo and the Volt (even though it went through a upgrade to make it fugly).

DO i have hope for the Domestic cars... in a way yes :ohno:

Either way i am very happy with trading in my GXP GrandPrix (with way to much HP/Torque to the FRONT wheels) for a Subaru lol

heroshade
02-18-2009, 04:06
I wouldn't be surprised if they let them have it. Everything else is fucking retarded right now.

Qikdraw
02-18-2009, 06:12
I wouldn't be surprised if they let them have it. Everything else is fucking retarded right now.

I understand why they want to save them, it isn't just the factory workers, its the steel industry, and every company that makes parts for them.

However if more bailout money is needed then that money should ONLY be used in the US, if that means closing down factories in Mexico, then that is what needs to be done. We should not be using American taxpayer dollars so that GM and Chrysler can keep their mexican employees working.

I find this link (http://jalopnik.com/5135675/where-are-automakers-stashing-unsold-cars) strangely amusing...

Toyota has finally shown a loss since 1950. Probably because it treats its top level employees differently. The CEO of GM was making 10 times more than the CEO of Toyota. Also because foriegn manucaturers got big in the US during the 70s gas crisis and learned from that lesson, while American manufacturers didn't learn. They went back to making gas guzzling pieces of shit here in NA. I do believe they did it to themselves and the gas crisis showed how flawed their business strategy was. If it weren't for the financial crisis they would be doing better, but they'd still be losing out to Toyota.

losinglife
02-19-2009, 06:41
moar moniez plez!