PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Online

lunapyres
02-05-2009, 06:34
So what you guys think about it? Was thinking of playing it a bit but cant get a Founder's Referral :P

Rahavin
02-05-2009, 06:55
I tried the beta for it when it was first released a while back, it seemed a lot like WoW only for LotRO fans, but with less content, less pvp. I wouldn't recommend it unless it's had some major changes since then.

Vaalsha
02-05-2009, 07:21
Played the demo - it was alright but there is alot better out there.
If your a big tolkien pve fan its good though.

Xilous
02-05-2009, 07:29
its a relationship game, couples can play together doing the pve sides very easily. PvP is a joke and basically non existant unless there has been some change which there hasn't.

entrailsgalore
02-05-2009, 07:30
It is a lot more theme park. I was in beta, it was overall fun, but wasn't exciting enough to keep me playing it. If you are a fan of lord of the rings, or are a story driven player you may like it. I never tried the PVP. I heard it was sub par.

halbarz
02-05-2009, 09:15
i played lotro until now , and alot changed in the game , its not bad at all pve is good and nice people in it.
pvp was a joke in the start but after some changes it got realy intresting and good better then in many other games tbh.
now they had a expansion they screwed up the pvp.
so darkfall is my hope ^^

Edocsil
02-05-2009, 16:08
So what you guys think about it? Was thinking of playing it a bit but cant get a Founder's Referral :P

If you want one send me a PM with your email. It isn't Founder's Per-Say, but it is $9.99 per month (paid in 3 month installments, so only one payment per three months).

scruffo
02-05-2009, 16:22
i played it at release to max level its alright but at max level there is very little exciting things to do apart from boring grind.

Seddoron
02-05-2009, 16:30
I played it for a year, got rating 2000 in PvMP with ganking, the carebears whined like hell. Then i lol'd, leveled an alt and got bored.

Frigidman
02-05-2009, 16:53
I wouldn't think LOTRO would fly with a community like darkfalls. They are night and day in terms of game style.

I found the game enjoyable, nothing bad to say about it... but that may be because I didn't expect to be doing any pvp in it, and thus have no opinion about the pvp stuff it has. But as a good RPG adventure you can play with some friends, sure, its fun.

DeadlyHit
02-05-2009, 18:26
I played it for a year, got rating 2000 in PvMP with ganking, the carebears whined like hell. Then i lol'd, leveled an alt and got bored.
Nothing more satisfying then making carebears cry.