PDA

View Full Version : eBay/PayPal policy - 21 days hold is a mere scam. Total BS.

fcwedd
02-03-2009, 23:46
I've been an account holder for both eBay & PayPal since 2002. I have around 50-60 transactions with 100% sellers feedback. It's 100% that I'm clean, clear, and legit.

If you sell something on eBay, you will have to wait almost 1 month before you have access to your funds. They even put a hold on the shipping funds that we're sent from the buyer. This makes it very hard to afford the shipping costs without the buyers' money.

For example, if a student sells his 47" LCD TV on eBay for $500.00 + $100.00 shipping, he will not be able to use that $600.00 for a month. Moreover, he has to come up with an extra $100.00 to ship the TV so that there is no dispute.

The only way to get your funds early is if the buyer leaves positive feedback. However, that rarely happens, as most buyers don't log onto eBay until they are yearning to purchase something else. Thus, waiting 21 days is almost always required.

I've shipped so many things to buys and have received good feedback. I have to ALWAYS consume my phone minutes so that PayPal actually releases my funds. I have to call them to get them to do it - bs.

I understand the need for a buyer protection policy. But this? This is absolutely stupid. It's totally unequal in terms of buyer/seller fairness. It's so easy for the seller to get scammed now: check this out...

My friend sold an old Nintendo System w/ 30 games for $250.00. Everything is clean and works like new. He ships the games within 1 business day. They tracking info confirmed the buyer getting his or her goods on the 3rd day. The buyer doesn't say a word and ignores all requests for positive feedback.

On the 20th day, the buyer sends a claim stating that the Nintendo did not work. PayPal then refunded the buyers' money and told the buyer to send back the goods. The buyer ONLY sends back the Nintendo without the games. The seller gets only his Nintendo, which still works btw, and sends in a complain to eBay. eBay does nothing....

Also, PayPal is not a bank...it's a broker; thus, they make interest on the money it holds. They have held so much of my money. While they aren't making much money by holding my money alone for an extra 30 days, they are making a ton due to the mass amounts of people suffering under the same policy. Heh, and people wonder why the US economy is so bad right now: GREED. It's all fricken GREED anymore and I cannot stand it. Whatever happened to character, eh?

It's total bs. Every other online website lacks people, so eBay is nearly a virtual monopoly. They do what they do and nobody can really do crap about it. eBay also refuses to use other entities that are similar to PayPal. This forces the use of PayPal.

I can't wait until another auction system gets popular, as I want to fill eGays greedy a$$ with a butt-load of protein.

IYIike
02-03-2009, 23:50
yep. i got scammed and they didn't do crap about that either.

Killuminati
02-03-2009, 23:51
Is this some kind of ebay/paypal propaganda? The only problems I've ever had were with sellers themselves. I've had some douche send me a torn up messed up game he listed as like new. Thankfully I raped his ass with the paypal dispute and got my monies back.

I also got a negative for a dude bitching I added a dollar for some shipping charge. This was my fault though.

it sounds like you have a big gaping vagina though and you are out to get ebay/paypal for something that occurred to you specifically.

Best thing to do is have your ass covered with Delivery confirmation and signature requirements. Also, wtf is this bull about not being able to use funds until a month after, lawl.

fcwedd
02-04-2009, 00:07
it sounds like you have a big gaping vagina though and you are out to get ebay/paypal for something that occurred to you specifically.

Well, I sold and shipped a few items that I didn't want anymore so that I could buy a few parts for my pc. It's been over 2 weeks now and I still have to wait another 7 days until I get my funds. The wait is merely enough to turn a legit seller into a raging bull.

I'm a student, so an extra 50 bucks to ship all these items is more than I can really afford. Moreover, I have to purchase these new pc items so that I can write up all my reports etc. My pc is down and I'm on this P2 233 laptop. It takes almost 5 minutes to right click "My Computer".

Brokel
02-04-2009, 00:11
Ebay is about as smart as the government when it comes to customer service (any government , you pick ) they tie you up in red tape for so lomg that it's not even worth it anymore

Reigngod
02-04-2009, 00:34
use paypal shipping and the funds come right out of the paypal holding pattern. You then print the label, stick it to your box and on your way. Ive never had to wait(even within this last week) more than 2 days to have the full amount in my account

Killuminati
02-04-2009, 00:59
Well, I sold and shipped a few items that I didn't want anymore so that I could buy a few parts for my pc. It's been over 2 weeks now and I still have to wait another 7 days until I get my funds. The wait is merely enough to turn a legit seller into a raging bull.

I'm a student, so an extra 50 bucks to ship all these items is more than I can really afford. Moreover, I have to purchase these new pc items so that I can write up all my reports etc. My pc is down and I'm on this P2 233 laptop. It takes almost 5 minutes to right click "My Computer".

I'm confused, so you sold some things to somebody, and you haven't received your money? The longest I ever waited was like 9 days because a douche payed with an e-check. What exactly are the full details of your problem?

Also, if you are paying $50 to ship things you are either doing it wrong, or are shipping a fuckload of stuff. You should be shipping via paypal, you can print labels cheaper with free delivery confirmation if you choose first class mail (depending on package weight). I'll try and help you out if you give me more details.

Ebay is about as smart as the government when it comes to customer service (any government , you pick ) they tie you up in red tape for so lomg that it's not even worth it anymore

You're an idiot. Since when is the government in the business of customer service. You are freaking imbecile, jebus.

use paypal shipping and the funds come right out of the paypal holding pattern. You then print the label, stick it to your box and on your way. Ive never had to wait(even within this last week) more than 2 days to have the full amount in my account

this

BTITheFuture
02-04-2009, 01:14
You're an idiot. Since when is the government in the business of customer service. You are freaking imbecile, jebus.

How dare you imply that the government does not have any customer service!

Wonderboy2402
02-04-2009, 02:19
Well, i got scammed once too on ebay. I order a collection of DVDs for 100 dollars ( a very good deal!)

Well, before i bidded I checked the buyer, plenty of positive feedback, american sound name. Etc. I send my paypal money out, notice that the address is to some Y. Wang name... asian? Ermm...

Well I get my DVD collection, and I am shocked to see that the box art is all completely in Chinese!!! The box was moldy and smelled like a barn, but I tried a DVD.... and surprise, it worked fine! I filed a complaint and found out the user had her account stolen.

Well long story short, i got my 100 dollars back AND I got to keep the DVD collection. :rolleyes:

Killuminati
02-04-2009, 02:49
Well, i got scammed once too on ebay. I order a collection of DVDs for 100 dollars ( a very good deal!)

Well, before i bidded I checked the buyer, plenty of positive feedback, american sound name. Etc. I send my paypal money out, notice that the address is to some Y. Wang name... asian? Ermm...

Well I get my DVD collection, and I am shocked to see that the box art is all completely in Chinese!!! The box was moldy and smelled like a barn, but I tried a DVD.... and surprise, it worked fine! I filed a complaint and found out the user had her account stolen.

Well long story short, i got my 100 dollars back AND I got to keep the DVD collection. :rolleyes:

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

you probably bought some shitty bootleg anime, right? Yah, ebay is notorious for bootlegs and shit. You just have to know how to filter that shit out. Also, at least you got to keep both though, lol.

Loly
02-04-2009, 04:01
Cry moar!

[LoD] EE
02-04-2009, 04:18

I dont know what the fuck you are talking about. I have sold tons of things and never had this problem. In fact, I sold something just last week and have already deposited the money in my account.

Sounds like something on your end, like a unverified account or something. Perhaps you should check over your bank statements and look for two transactions with specific amounts, such as paypal .7 cents and paypal .2 cents and then go to the specified page and enter those values.

Sabbathius
02-04-2009, 04:23
First of all, thanks for posting this. I've been an EBay seller, but somehow missed out on these news. It looks like EBay will lose business, from me at least. I currently maintain an EBay store, so they get monthly fee plus listing and whatever sells. Well, screw that, I'm known enough to get by on referrals from now on.

Second, EBay/PayPal sided with buyers, always. Sellers get screwed, always. Been like this for as long as I remember. Moral of the story? Don't sell on EBay. When they started this nonsense, like higher listing fees, most sane people packed up and left. After this, there'll be even less legit sellers, and even more people trying to get free stuff.

worldspin85
02-04-2009, 04:25
i feel what ur saying 100%

i got 2 good videos u can watch

http://oraclesrealm.4rumer.com/misc-f32/venus-project-sign-the-petition-please-t196.htm

or actually if u want a better list try this

http://www.documentarywire.com/

People need to wake up

Sabbathius
02-04-2009, 04:37
[QUOTE='[LoD] EE;2571321']I dont know what the fuck you are talking about. I have sold tons of things and never had this problem. In fact, I sold something just last week and have already deposited the money in my account./QUOTE]

All a buyer has to do is say "I didn't make this purchase, someone else did." or PayPal just decides that the transaction is suspicious and freezes it pending an investigation, and your PayPal account will become -$x.xx, and you will be expected to pay it off.

That's exactly what happened to me. I know this guy, he travels on business a lot, but he's from USA. We've been doing business for years. So he's out on business in Bangkok, calls me and says he'll buy something from me, so that it arrives the same week he gets back. I say fine, have a nice trip. He buys on EBay and pays through PayPal and I ship, and transfer money to my bank account. Next morning, I find PayPal account is -$300.00, because the transaction was "suspicious", and giving me a choice: don't ship, or if you shipped already, prove you did and wait until it is received and confirmed, and if it's not, refund the $300 to the buyer. Or just refund, even if you shipped and know it's good. Plus, my friend got locked out of HIS account, when he's halfway across the world, which is just pure awesomesauce. It took him a day and a half of hanging on hold (long distance fees apply) to prove he's himself and that the purchase is legit. And it took PayPal over a week to unlock the funds.

So, just because it never happened to you personally, please don't assume it doesn't happen or cannot happen. Just because your sale cleared and you transferred money to your account doesn't mean you won't be looking at a -$x dollars the next day (or up to 180 days later).

Yamamoto
02-04-2009, 04:39
I got banned off of eBay for trying to sell a StarCraft II beta key. They want me to sign a fax saying that I'm sorry or some shit. Fuck that!

fcwedd
02-04-2009, 04:58
I got banned off of eBay for trying to sell a StarCraft II beta key. They want me to sign a fax saying that I'm sorry or some shit. Fuck that!

Lol, I had to do that once. I got caught selling a few Skin Cloak key-codes for Warhammer Online. I've always delivered and hav made all my buyers happy. However, it's against policy to sell anything that's virtual.

I sold a Jedi from SWG for $1,200 once. The dude paid and everything was peachy; it was so crazy.

angelfang
02-04-2009, 05:05
Phew, guess im pretty lucky to have sold my Dark and Light beta key for more reasons than one.

Killuminati
02-04-2009, 05:20
i feel what ur saying 100%

i got 2 good videos u can watch

http://oraclesrealm.4rumer.com/misc-f32/venus-project-sign-the-petition-please-t196.htm

or actually if u want a better list try this

http://www.documentarywire.com/

People need to wake up

Jesus, way to post idiocy in an unrelated thread.

Death's Chill
02-04-2009, 05:35
They make interest on every dollar they hold?

There are 150 million paypal accounts. They must be making billions annually...

Excallibretto
02-04-2009, 05:40
It's all about craigslist baby

Eticus
02-04-2009, 05:48
I just sold a triumph tr for 16k, got payed 500 per paypal. Cash was in my bank account in 48 hours. I am having a hard time understanding the whole 21 day thing.

Killuminati
02-04-2009, 06:35
They make interest on every dollar they hold?

There are 150 million paypal accounts. They must be making billions annually...

You can enjoy that with the MMF.

t1337Dude
02-04-2009, 08:43
Paypal has indirectly scammed me before.

saltwaterteffy
02-04-2009, 08:48
I have never used ebay or paypal before solely because I have been afraid to get scammed like this. I know that there are plenty of legitimate sales, good buys and transactions that are not only successful, but also practical...but I'm just not into used stuff. The only thing that I will always buy used is a vehicle.

Spineless_DoO
02-04-2009, 11:38
Money orders are your friend.

Spineless_DoO
02-04-2009, 11:39
It's all about craigslist baby

Bingo! Most of the time I go directly to the persons house, see them face to face and make the exchange. No bullshiting because they know I can find them.

[LoD] EE
02-04-2009, 12:41
[QUOTE='[LoD] EE;2571321']I dont know what the fuck you are talking about. I have sold tons of things and never had this problem. In fact, I sold something just last week and have already deposited the money in my account./QUOTE]

All a buyer has to do is say "I didn't make this purchase, someone else did." or PayPal just decides that the transaction is suspicious and freezes it pending an investigation, and your PayPal account will become -$x.xx, and you will be expected to pay it off.

That's exactly what happened to me. I know this guy, he travels on business a lot, but he's from USA. We've been doing business for years. So he's out on business in Bangkok, calls me and says he'll buy something from me, so that it arrives the same week he gets back. I say fine, have a nice trip. He buys on EBay and pays through PayPal and I ship, and transfer money to my bank account. Next morning, I find PayPal account is -$300.00, because the transaction was "suspicious", and giving me a choice: don't ship, or if you shipped already, prove you did and wait until it is received and confirmed, and if it's not, refund the $300 to the buyer. Or just refund, even if you shipped and know it's good. Plus, my friend got locked out of HIS account, when he's halfway across the world, which is just pure awesomesauce. It took him a day and a half of hanging on hold (long distance fees apply) to prove he's himself and that the purchase is legit. And it took PayPal over a week to unlock the funds.

So, just because it never happened to you personally, please don't assume it doesn't happen or cannot happen. Just because your sale cleared and you transferred money to your account doesn't mean you won't be looking at a -$x dollars the next day (or up to 180 days later).

I dont ship out of the USA. Simple as that.

Caalador
02-04-2009, 12:48
I've been an account holder for both eBay & PayPal since 2002. I have around 50-60 transactions with 100% sellers feedback. It's 100% that I'm clean, clear, and legit.

If you sell something on eBay, you will have to wait almost 1 month before you have access to your funds. They even put a hold on the shipping funds that we're sent from the buyer. This makes it very hard to afford the shipping costs without the buyers' money.

For example, if a student sells his 47" LCD TV on eBay for $500.00 + $100.00 shipping, he will not be able to use that $600.00 for a month. Moreover, he has to come up with an extra $100.00 to ship the TV so that there is no dispute.

The only way to get your funds early is if the buyer leaves positive feedback. However, that rarely happens, as most buyers don't log onto eBay until they are yearning to purchase something else. Thus, waiting 21 days is almost always required.

I've shipped so many things to buys and have received good feedback. I have to ALWAYS consume my phone minutes so that PayPal actually releases my funds. I have to call them to get them to do it - bs.

I understand the need for a buyer protection policy. But this? This is absolutely stupid. It's totally unequal in terms of buyer/seller fairness. It's so easy for the seller to get scammed now: check this out...

My friend sold an old Nintendo System w/ 30 games for $250.00. Everything is clean and works like new. He ships the games within 1 business day. They tracking info confirmed the buyer getting his or her goods on the 3rd day. The buyer doesn't say a word and ignores all requests for positive feedback.

On the 20th day, the buyer sends a claim stating that the Nintendo did not work. PayPal then refunded the buyers' money and told the buyer to send back the goods. The buyer ONLY sends back the Nintendo without the games. The seller gets only his Nintendo, which still works btw, and sends in a complain to eBay. eBay does nothing....

Also, PayPal is not a bank...it's a broker; thus, they make interest on the money it holds. They have held so much of my money. While they aren't making much money by holding my money alone for an extra 30 days, they are making a ton due to the mass amounts of people suffering under the same policy. Heh, and people wonder why the US economy is so bad right now: GREED. It's all fricken GREED anymore and I cannot stand it. Whatever happened to character, eh?

It's total bs. Every other online website lacks people, so eBay is nearly a virtual monopoly. They do what they do and nobody can really do crap about it. eBay also refuses to use other entities that are similar to PayPal. This forces the use of PayPal.

I can't wait until another auction system gets popular, as I want to fill eGays greedy a$$ with a butt-load of protein.

U really cant get ur money for a month, that is a joke, they get away with murder, something should be done about it

fcwedd
02-04-2009, 14:33
I just sold a triumph tr for 16k, got payed 500 per paypal. Cash was in my bank account in 48 hours. I am having a hard time understanding the whole 21 day thing.

It's a policy between eBay & PayPal together. Here is the following:

----

To increase marketplace safety, we may hold payments that seem risky. Here are some common reasons for holding payments:

* You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100, or
* You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100, or
* You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage** 5% or greater than 5%, or
* You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5, or
* You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months, or
* You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers or consumer electronics.

----

I have about 60+ transactions through eBay. However, I keep falling under the "100 or more feedback required" and/or "high-risk goods such as games etc". They pretty much consider anything that's worth buying/selling high-risk. Unless it's a book or some plastic dildo (just as long as it's not motorized I guess), you should be fine.

This is the 6th time in a row I've been hit with this. Moreover, the goods I ship are very heavy, e.g., computer towers etc. So the safe packaging and shipping of such an item will be at least 30 bucks. I have to use my own 30 bucks because PayPal will put a hold on the original shipping funds that were sent by the buyer.

Killuminati
02-04-2009, 14:46
that's because fucking hackers make the system that way. I once had this guy buy me psp for $230 I was like whoa there...something is up. Some motherfucker hijacked his account so I had to relist the goddamn thing.

Also, yah, fuck shipping outside the US. I'm not dealing with other countries laws and shitty custom agency.