PDA

View Full Version : few qestions bout Malmo, Sweden

Pcheez
01-23-2009, 08:48
Any swedes particularly Malmo residents could help me with this? Would be appreciated.

Consider a bachelor staying 1.5 yrs in malmo. Looking at simple 1 bedroom/kitchen/bath, good internet,basics really.

Public transport (I'm not driving there, I don't get along with speed limits)

Cooking myself etc, eat out 2 times a week or so, get wasted on weekends, pretty much student lifestyle.

How many kroners you think I should bring along for the entire duration as living expense?

Also, what can you buy for 8 kroners (roughly 1 usd)

Any halps is good :)

Ledix
01-23-2009, 08:51
for 8kronas you can buy half a 50cl Coka Cola.

Wobin
01-23-2009, 08:54
I don't know about the cost of live in Malmö, but I can give you some rough examples of what stuff costs:

Pack of Malboro - 45kr
Beer at the pub - 40kr
Beer at Systembolaget (only store that sells booze in Sweden) - 10-15kr
Pizza - 65kr
1.5L Coca-cola: 18kr
Decent internetconnection 24mbit or fiber, depending on availability: 300-350kr/month

Phalanx
01-23-2009, 08:56
8 lollipops. Yummy!

Agge
01-23-2009, 08:56
It would be relatively cheap, especialy if you don't live to central. 8kr will get you a can of coca-cola (10kr usualy). Depending on what your rent would be, I'm guessing something like 3000kr a month and about 1000-1500kr for food a month.

soo about 70k should cover it I guess. Still, I don't know the pricing down there for renting an apartment, just estimating.

Edit: 65 for pizza? That better be some good god damn pizza, I'd say the avarage is 50kr.

Shish
01-23-2009, 08:57
Internet in sweden is very well distributed, and I imagine that the price is pretty decent too. But hey, I'm norwegian so wtf do I know.

bleet
01-23-2009, 09:05
norwegians dont have a say.

Sweden is a boring country. Don't come here :>

But since you really want to, bring 100-150k kronors.

Wobin
01-23-2009, 09:07
It would be relatively cheap, especialy if you don't live to central. 8kr will get you a can of coca-cola (10kr usualy). Depending on what your rent would be, I'm guessing something like 3000kr a month and about 1000-1500kr for food a month.

soo about 70k should cover it I guess. Still, I don't know the pricing down there for renting an apartment, just estimating.

Edit: 65 for pizza? That better be some good god damn pizza, I'd say the avarage is 50kr.

Pizzaprices depend alot on where you live, in Örebro a pizza usually dont cost more than 45kr. But in Karlskoga and Söderhamn a ordinary Capriciosa cost about 60-65kr.

nathanpinard
01-23-2009, 09:45
I demand pics of ur womenz

Cepha
01-23-2009, 10:03
What's said above is true, pizza is usually ranged 45-65 depending on where you order from.

You say living student life, well CSN (the swedish student union) pays/loans ya around 7k a month and it's usually enough to get around on, though a bit slim at times. That beeing said, alot of people will pick up work just to be able to get wasted a bit more often.

Isorill
01-23-2009, 10:10
8 kronor will give you a beer "Slots guld" @ Systembolaget i warn you tho this beer tastes more or less like water

Tiarilir
01-23-2009, 11:27
8 kronor will get you about 2 packs of noodles. ;-}

Someone
01-23-2009, 12:07
I can't really say how much cash you should bring for 1,5 years, but the others numbers seem plausible. 8 kr will buy you cheap ass coffee that tastes like it was made in someones ass, or any of the other things mentioned. But forget about the pizzas, the real deal is the kebab, which you can get a good one for about 45-50 kr. Also public transportation in Malmö is just busses, the place is small enough that you can get to most places simply by walking or bike without any larger problems. But here comes the big tip, as you're close to Lund (takes about 20-30 mins with pågatåget which is a local train) all your partying should if possible be taken care of there, it's a student city filled with student bars, which leads to low prices for even good beer in those bars which is awesome.

Pcheez
01-23-2009, 12:36
Thanks, so far great info.

Malmo because the one uni in the world that awards the phd I want is there.

Want to bring just enough funds as mostly a lesson in humility, as well as to allow my easily distracted ass to focus on studies instead of chain partying and doubling the population of sweden.

Not getting on campus accomodation because at 22 I doubt I mesh well with the other phd lot, 3-4k kroners for an apartment sounds very reasonable, furnished that is, I don't do fung shwei shit.

3$ for a decent beer and some 6$ for a pizza is quite good
6$ for a pack of smokes I'd a rip, but oh well guess it will force down my consumption.

300 kr for (to me) blazing fast internets is practically free, I pay some 1000kr atm for 2mb over here heh

Thanks forumfall

WindOfMalice
01-23-2009, 12:48
Swedish chicks are hot.

The Goatbreeder
01-25-2009, 22:03
Malmö is ok. Just dont visit Rosengård. full of both bad and good immigrants. When i say bad I dont refer to them being immigrants, more like people throwing stones at the firetruck trying to save their moske.

Zushakon
01-25-2009, 22:06
Swedish chicks are hot.

GET OF THEM!!! MIIINEEE!!!!

I don't want too much competition.. it's bad for my self esteem.

Zushakon
01-25-2009, 22:07
Malmö is ok. Just dont visit Rosengård. full of both bad and good immigrants. When i say bad I dont refer to them being immigrants, more like people throwing stones at the firetruck trying to save their moske.

And killing you 12v1 with knives if you look at them the wrong way.

The Goatbreeder
01-25-2009, 22:10
And killing you 12v1 with knives if you look at them the wrong way.

You said something there. That what almost happend to me. They started yelling things like they normally do ''ey fuck you mum ho'' when i was walking by with my gf.. I turn and look who would say such things and the fucktard starts yelling ''what the fyyck! wy you look'd at me! hah, wtf you ment with that lok!'??'' goddamn.

Zushakon
01-25-2009, 22:12
You said something there. That what almost happend to me. They started yelling things like they normally do ''ey fuck you mum ho'' when i was walking by with my gf.. I turn and look who would say such things and the fucktard starts yelling ''what the fyyck! wy you look'd at me! hah, wtf you ment with that lok!'??'' goddamn.

Yeah. Also having a gf next to you seems to be especially offending to them... even more so if you're holding hands or something like that.

Zushakon
01-25-2009, 22:18
dammit! double post.

The Goatbreeder
01-25-2009, 22:19
Yeah. Also having a gf next to you seems to be especially offending to them... even more so if you're holding hands or something like that.

I think we both agree it would be wise to put them all in chains.

Mneh
01-25-2009, 23:18
I pay some 1000kr atm for 2mb over here heh
l

You can get 100mb for 3-400, if you're lucky and your place has fiber.