PDA

View Full Version : Panda: Nature's Losers

Vessol
01-20-2009, 06:28
So I'm wondering. What is everyone's views on pandas?

My opinion. I think any species that is too lazy to reproduce and just sits around all day eating bamboo does not deserve to survive.
But nooooo all the liberal environmentalists think that somehow we need to intervene and save every species that is dying about because somehow we are responsible for it all and we are not a part of the animal kingdom.

Mulambo
01-20-2009, 06:30
people are responsible for destroying nearly all of their habitat.

I'm not saying they aren't stupid, but they had no competition/predators for hundreds (thousands?) of years and then ppl came along.

Vessol
01-20-2009, 06:32
people are responsible for destroying nearly all of their habitat.

I'm not saying they aren't stupid, but they had no competition/predators for hundreds (thousands?) of years and then ppl came along.

Guess what. People's are animals too and are preditors. If they can't adapt to us, then sucks for them. Why do we have to be the exception?

jordanleroux
01-20-2009, 06:32
Doesn't their main source of food (bamboo) get them extremely high?

Strangia
01-20-2009, 06:34
Guess what. People's are animals too and are preditors. If they can't adapt to us, then sucks for them. Why do we have to be the exception?

We are the only species that see predation that way. We are the only species that goes "oh no, if we do x all of y can die out!"

Temet nosce
01-20-2009, 06:37

Because somebody wants Pandas around still. Not like we don't kill off other animals often enough. Regardless though, I think a better question would be why let them die? For all we know they might turn out useful in the future, and the fact of the matter is there are very few animals which can adapt to us, so it's our choice either way.

We make a decision about whether we want them still around, then deal with it. End.

Harsher
01-20-2009, 06:39
The OP makes a compelling point.

then I googled "cute panda videos" and changed my mind.

Grisu
01-20-2009, 06:39
if u wipe out a species u can cause massive problems in the ecosystem.

TubeSock
01-20-2009, 06:40
But they're so cutesy wutesy!

Vessol
01-20-2009, 06:40
Because somebody wants Pandas around still. Not like we don't kill off other animals often enough. Regardless though, I think a better question would be why let them die? For all we know they might turn out useful in the future, and the fact of the matter is there are very few animals which can adapt to us, so it's our choice either way.

We make a decision about whether we want them still around, then deal with it. End.

People only want them because they are "cute".

They are going to die out on their own anyways because they are too lazy to even have sex. They killed themselves, not us.

Hammin'Em
01-20-2009, 06:41
Pandas are bears that went emo and got crazy with the eyeshadows.

That's the reason they're going extinct.

Temet nosce
01-20-2009, 06:43

They are going to die out on their own anyways because they are too lazy to even have sex. They killed themselves, not us.

Am I supposed to care? We're still the ones left with the decision of whether they live or die, just like we are with almost every other species on earth.

Won't argue with you about the cute thing though, it's bloody true enough.

Harsher
01-20-2009, 06:44

when did cute stop being enough!

EndWorld
01-20-2009, 06:46
A huge amount of habitat loss, along with previous conservation efforts that failed horribly have led to the decline of Pandas in the wild. Also very small amount of Pandas are in protected areas, and all are fragmented, slowing reproduction. Poaching of Pandas was rampant in China for a long time also.

Mulambo
01-20-2009, 06:46

Nothing but rats and cockroaches can adapt to us.

Grisu
01-20-2009, 06:47

ur a big retard. i want them becuase they have a right to live. we as humans r destroying there homes THAT is y they r dying.

Vessol
01-20-2009, 06:48
ur a big retard. i want them becuase they have a right to live. we as humans r destroying there homes THAT is y they r dying.

Man, there was a time in Forumfall when trolls were clever and sometimes successful. These are not those times.

Temet nosce
01-20-2009, 06:51

You should take some medicine for all that slurring and delirium. Just go ahead and take a few swigs from a bottle of wood alcohol, should clear you right up.

Grisu
Man, there was a time in Forumfall when trolls were clever and sometimes successful. These are not those times.

ur the troll.

Cade5774
Someone has never had an ecology, conservation, or biodiversity class...

Carl Ragadamn
01-20-2009, 06:54
Who cares just freeze the DNA of a bunch of living pandas, and bring them back in a few decades when China figures out how to not mow down its enviroment. Cloning technology ftw.

Tamural
01-20-2009, 06:56
Didn't any of you see The Day the Earth Stood Still?

If we don't treat the planet right, aliens will come and kill us!

TubeSock
01-20-2009, 06:56
ur the troll.

Oh no he di'nt.

Ungraylessness
01-20-2009, 06:57

You can't just use time in the singular then magically change it to plural in the next sentence. People like you are reason pandas are endangered.

Carl Ragadamn
01-20-2009, 06:57
Didn't any of you see The Day the Earth Stood Still?

If we don't treat the planet right, aliens will come and make us watch Keanu Reeves try and act!

I went ahead and fixt it for you.

Tamural
01-20-2009, 06:58
ur the troll.

ur mom is a troll lolololol

ol

Ungraylessness
01-20-2009, 06:59
I went ahead and fixt it for you.

No one ever asked Keanu Reeves to act well, his job entails dodging bullets, nothing more.

Temet nosce
01-20-2009, 07:00
ur mom is a troll lolololol

ol

Thank you. I'm sure we all appreciate your demonstration of companionship with him. Generally speaking I don't expect two such singular individuals to manage to find their way to Forumfall at the same time.

Not to worry though, a few swigs from a bottle of wood alcohol will help your disposition as well. Go ahead! Drink up!

Carl Ragadamn
01-20-2009, 07:01
No one ever asked Keanu Reeves to act well, his job entails dodging bullets, nothing more.

Wasnt this the 8th straight movie that he was cast as Neo in?

Tamural
01-20-2009, 07:02
Thank you. I'm sure we all appreciate your demonstration of companionship with him. Generally speaking I don't expect two such singular individuals to manage to find their way to Forumfall at the same time.

Not to worry though, a few swigs from a bottle of wood alcohol will help your disposition as well. Go ahead! Drink up!

If I had facepalm ascii, I would totally use it right now.

But I don't. Not to mention, I can't.

No, ;bang: does not suffice.

Temet nosce
01-20-2009, 07:05

Have you learned something? Maybe that a second retarded post does not fix a first?

Hell, I'd fucking settle for you learning about the wonders of drinking poison, provided you taught your new friend.

Vaalsha
01-20-2009, 07:05
Because OP is a moron and is one of those people who leaves the lights on so he doesnt have to flick the switch while leaving the room.

Tamural
01-20-2009, 07:07
Have you learned something? Maybe that a second retarded post does not fix a first?

Hell, I'd fucking settle for you learning about the wonders of drinking poison, provided you taught your new friend.

Rathynas
01-20-2009, 07:12

My opinion. I think any species that is too lazy to reproduce and just sits around all day eating bamboo does not deserve to survive.
But nooooo all the liberal environmentalists think that somehow we need to intervene and save every species that is dying about because somehow we are responsible for it all and we are not a part of the animal kingdom.

Your ignorance scares me.

Ezion
01-20-2009, 07:40
There are three reasons pandas are kept alive.
1. They're cute.
2. They may prove to be of scientific usefulness.
3. Elimination of pandas may adversely affect the enviroment.

#3 is debateable, as the current number of pandas is 1,500-3000, which is already fairly low. #2 could be circumvented.

#1 is probably the most influential reason.

Stax
01-20-2009, 07:56
Edit: Pretty much what Ezion just said up above me. He beat me to the punch, though.

Damn, can't believe I'm gona sound like I'm defending the liberal-tards... but: Yes, we should intervene and save certain species, or all species that can be saved. All species contribute some level of significance to each habitat. I'm not saying, we should save them cause we are the cause to most species dying off... I'm saying that we do not comprehend ever manner of contribution that each species gives... so instead of watching them die off, we fight to keep different species alive, and study them till we know with out a doubt.

LOL, never thought of it like that.

Grimwinter
01-20-2009, 08:09
Your ignorance scares me.

I disagree. Pandas have backed themselves into an evolutionary dead end. The fucking animals have evolved to eat a certain type of Bamboo, and it's this that makes them "lazy".

The main food source of these animals is a Bamboo so low in minerals and actual nutrition that they excrete most of it back out, and are left permanently tired.

Most species who'd evolved down such an idiotic route would have died out long ago without our intervention, we just like them because they're cute. Do you think we'd save a rare species of Rat in the same situation?

And yes, the human animal has been responsible for the largest level of extinctions in the planets history (yes, even more than when the Dinosaurs got wiped out). We're just an extremely murderous and rapacious primate which, in all liklehood will be extinct, or as good as, within a few more thousand years.

Hopefully DF will be out before then.

Agge
01-20-2009, 09:21
Pandas are cute AND would rip you appart. Ofourse I want them to live.

darknessedge
01-20-2009, 09:59

i agree with you there allmost all dead as it is and the world is not ending just kill and eat them....might be good

The Cougar
01-20-2009, 10:14
We should save the awesome animals just because we can, and Pandas are awesome.

polysyllabist
01-20-2009, 10:17
I'm all for natural selection... but when these extinctions are in such great numbers due to enviornmental factors we have created, we incur some responsibility.

Morality aside, biodiversity is essential for a number of reasons and maintaining healthy populations of diverse species is a worthy goal.

Atnas
01-20-2009, 10:20
Pandas look cool, that's reason enough.

Grimness
01-20-2009, 12:05

Because we have the capacity to divert from our natural instincts.

chimp
01-20-2009, 12:12
Pandas are an evolutionary dead end, there have been tons of them. One exclusive food source, no competition for hundreds of thousands of years. Homogenity breeds weakness, and when a change occurs the pandas cant cope.

Sure they have lost huge swathes of their habitat, but they are slow lethargic maters - hell they wont even mate when stuck in the same cage. Nature is saying goodbye tbh.

chewbaccasdad
01-20-2009, 12:20
Reasons humans should save Pandas:

1) They are the sexiest bears. You might like polar bears, but give me a panda in a thong any day.

2) They might be slow and lazy, yes, but that just makes them easier to catch. So you can have sex with them.

3) Little known fact about Pandas is that they can talk. They just choose not to do it ever.

Morar
01-20-2009, 12:23
Because we have the capacity to divert from our natural instincts.

No we can't, which is part of the reason you find so many retarded threads in these forums - this one being a prime example.

It's an instinct to preserve energy if possible. Thinking does cost energy. Hence people can't be bothered to think, and as a result come up with the most retarded shit humanly imaginable.

--> See Forumfall.

q.e.d.

Ababoba
01-20-2009, 12:30
Pandas are cute!

AngusFinch
01-20-2009, 13:31
if u wipe out a species u can cause massive problems in the ecosystem.

Actually, you can use their souls to infuse yourself with the planet and become a god.

SimonVDH
01-20-2009, 13:44
您將死

richtomania
01-20-2009, 15:03
death to Ailuropoda melanoleuca
Long live **** sapiens

We must save siberian tigers,though.They're cool and sexy.

Marrik
01-20-2009, 15:18

because you cant adapt to a high powered rifle and a fleet of bulldozers, if youre a freaking bear that cant eat anything but bamboo.

Mo0rbid
01-20-2009, 15:21
do we benefit from pandas existing? we THEY benefit? no. they're just old boring retarded bears who only eats one kind of food because they are as I said , retarded

Painweaver
01-20-2009, 15:26
Whatever, as long as I get one of the awesome panda jackets when they die.

chimp
01-20-2009, 15:46
because you cant adapt to a high powered rifle and a fleet of bulldozers, if youre a freaking bear that cant eat anything but bamboo.

Maybe they should learn to not eat a species of plant that has a reproduction cycle that is sporadic and inconsistent, taking almost up to a century in some cases.

You dont see cockroaches going extinct because people stopped throwing away half-empty cans of TAB or coca cola. Those fuckers do so well because they eat anything, live anywhere.

Maybe next time someone is on a nature trail through a forest and sees a panda, that thing should maul the fuck out of them and eat them.

Or learn to refract light around its body so it appears invisible. Like the predator.

Bosemann
01-20-2009, 15:47
I think saving pandas is a worthwhile investment solely because they're cute. When you have so few of them, and they are so attractive, there's money to be made. People will pay to see em. Aside from that, they are dumb and won't realistically survive in the wild so if they weren't cute, it wouldn't be worth it.

Tribaja
01-20-2009, 16:04
I never turn out my computer or my lights. I eat baby seals and pandas for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I drive a hummer. I never recycle.

Take that, hippies !

Atnas
01-20-2009, 16:07
I never turn out my computer or my lights. I eat baby seals and pandas for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I drive a hummer. I never recycle.

Take that !

Take that, your economy! Hoo-aah!

Sbrafk
01-20-2009, 16:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk is why pandas arent extinct

DeadlyHit
01-20-2009, 17:23

The fux DD:

acrb101
01-20-2009, 17:25

That's a great point. Animals that can't adapt aren't meant to survive, Survival of the fittest.

Scully
01-20-2009, 17:56
You Vessol, is natures loser...

Haeso
01-20-2009, 18:01
You think the panda is nature's loser? Look at the fucking duckbilled platypus. That right there is nature's loser.

Tamural
01-20-2009, 18:11
You think the panda is nature's loser? Look at the fucking duckbilled platypus. That right there is nature's loser.

What about the Aardvark?

Haeso
01-20-2009, 18:14
What about the Aardvark?

duckbilled platypus is worse, by far. Aardvarks are just ugly. (Except the mod, what a handsome guy he is) the duckbilled platypus is hideous and has mutations that serve no real purpose.