PDA

View Full Version : darkfall.me What should I build?

Kane Hart
01-17-2009, 01:41
I'm not really good with php programming so not thinking of a database site or anything really maybe more news and info. But anyone have suggestions on how and the way I should use darkfall.me

I would just like to see what the community would like to see. And heck if anyone wants to help out or have any content to send that's NOT BREAKING NDA. Then please send me a PM.

wertyn
01-17-2009, 01:43
a baseball field

Lord Belphegor
01-17-2009, 01:44
Sand castle!

Rourke
01-17-2009, 01:46
Build a site containing all the post saying "OMG...what's gonna happen on Feb25th??!"

So we can lol on Feb. 26th.

mebraingot
01-17-2009, 01:50
wait till the game comes out and do something usfull with it

Ezion
01-17-2009, 01:56
I agree with the poster above. Until release, there's no point in creating a site, unless you're in beta and have the knowledge to start making (private) resources that you can publish on DF's release. I could write you several pages of info about Darkfall, but it's going off of what the devs have said in the last 3-5 years, so half of it would be innacurate.

Kane Hart
01-17-2009, 02:09
I agree with the poster above. Until release, there's no point in creating a site, unless you're in beta and have the knowledge to start making (private) resources that you can publish on DF's release. I could write you several pages of info about Darkfall, but it's going off of what the devs have said in the last 3-5 years, so half of it would be innacurate.

Thanks I do agree with you there. But I'm thinking of even like getting a structure built if you get what I mean. Should I do a site/forum combo or more of a forum/portal combo and such.

Ezion
01-17-2009, 02:23
Thanks I do agree with you there. But I'm thinking of even like getting a structure built if you get what I mean. Should I do a site/forum combo or more of a forum/portal combo and such.

Well, a site similar to Allakhazam (http://www.allakhazam.com/) would be useful. Has news articles, forums, item/spell/etc databases, and some player submitted guides. You can sink a lot of time in a site like that though, and the bandwidth can cost a lot. Something to keep in mind.

lunapyres
01-17-2009, 04:08
After release most people would be looking for quest guides and locations of dungeons or building locations or materials needed for crafting. Skill lists also but i think for a few months no skill lists should be around.

Hypseos
01-17-2009, 04:11
Do another podcast site. :D

Fluffington
01-17-2009, 04:36
You could post anything we know about the game, which is nothing.

Wickfield
01-17-2009, 05:20
If you build it, they will come. :ninja:

Khantrah
01-17-2009, 06:11
You should transfer it to Brannoc before he sues you for trademark infringement. Squatter.