PDA

View Full Version : 4 more years 4 more years!

Slypieguy
01-15-2009, 22:11
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_stimulus

Another $850 billion of your money soon to be pissed away on a "stimulus plan" that will do absolutely fucking nothing. But Obama is different than Bush, he promises!!

saltwaterteffy
01-15-2009, 22:12
at least hes not a "disappointment" like his predecessor.

Rourke
01-15-2009, 22:12

Another $850 billion of your money soon to be pissed away on a "stimulus plan" that will do absolutely fucking nothing. But Obama is different than Bush, he promises!!

HEY MISTER..IT'S CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN DAMMIT!!!!

we are sooooooooooooo fucked.

ExiliuM
01-15-2009, 22:13
Obviously you are hatin on a brotha because he stacks more paper than you

akrippler
01-15-2009, 22:14
Obviously you are hatin on a brotha because he stacks more paper than you

Gutta gutta weezy woo.

Ziegler
01-15-2009, 22:19
Hey you dumbfucks....you wanted change...well by Obama...that's what you'll have left....hope yer fuckin happy.

StainlessSteelRat
01-15-2009, 22:24

He's not even sworn in yet and he's a disappointment. He's a pro.

Rourke
01-15-2009, 22:25
Hey you dumbfucks....you wanted change...well by Obama...that's what you'll have left....hope yer fuckin happy.

Well half of us didn't. Gonna be a LOOOONG 4 years man.

Misterate
01-15-2009, 22:41
Well you guys have to understand...without injecting money into the economy, the whole thing will collapse. Obama, who was advised on this action by plenty of top economic advisors, is simply trying to keep the economy afloat.

IthroZada
01-15-2009, 22:48
Doesn't everyone realize that the change he has been talking about is that now its the black man fucking us all over instead of the white man?

Rourke
01-15-2009, 22:50
Doesn't everyone realize that the change he has been talking about is that now its the black man fucking us all over instead of the white man?

Well...let's hope he's hung. (he is a halfie though)

Capricious
01-15-2009, 22:51
I'll give em something to stimulate.

Get it?

zie
01-15-2009, 22:52
Id like to introduce obama to my "stimulus plan" it involves a large aluminum baseball bat and alot of astroglide.

zie
01-15-2009, 22:53
I'll give em something to stimulate.

Get it?

damnit, youre too quick for me.

kordoyn
01-15-2009, 22:55
Well you guys have to understand...without injecting money into the economy, the whole thing will collapse. Obama, who was advised on this action by plenty of top economic advisors, is simply trying to keep the economy afloat.

Please refrain from posting ever again.

1998altima
01-15-2009, 23:01
Obama FUCK YEAH!
He is here to save the day YEAH!
Obama FUCK YEAH!
CHANGE
FUCK YEAH!
CHANGE
FUCK YEAH!
CHANGE
FUCK YEAH!
uhm... change?
fuck?

Surly
01-15-2009, 23:04

His foreign policy is exactly the same as Bush's too, sans the minor planned presence in Iraq. I love it. Spending money as fast as Bush, spending more money on foreign occupation than Bush, bailing out companies no one wants to bail out, and promising he's different.

I guess if you say something enough people will buy into it. Most people don't pay attention though, so I suppose if he just says one thing and does another it's all good. End result is still the same, and I want my fucking revolution while I'm still young enough to fight it! HOORAY!

holychicken
01-15-2009, 23:06
Once again Obama's detractors prove that they are the only people more pathetic than his blind uber-supporters.

Baralis
01-15-2009, 23:07
Another $850 billion of your money soon to be pissed away on a "stimulus plan" that will do absolutely fucking nothing.

^^ This statment is not true.
It will make a few select persons filthy rich.

Capricious
01-15-2009, 23:09
Once again Obama's detractors prove that they are the only people more pathetic than his blind uber-supporters.

You are silly.

holychicken
01-15-2009, 23:11
You are silly.
No, I really am not. I am pretty neutral when it comes to Obama and I have had run in with the ultra-liberal who blindly and cluelessly supports Obama and those that hate him no matter what he did. Every time the latter group out stupids the first group.

palo god
01-15-2009, 23:11
Are you guys actually surprised?

Elemancer
01-15-2009, 23:13
Step 1: Disillusionment
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit

omnigol
01-15-2009, 23:16
^^ This statment is not true.
It will make a few select persons filthy rich.

That's what I was thinking, but then I remembered that government officials would never do anything destructive to the country just because they're greedy.

omnigol
01-15-2009, 23:19
No, I really am not. I am pretty neutral when it comes to Obama and I have had run in with the ultra-liberal who blindly and cluelessly supports Obama and those that hate him no matter what he did. Every time the latter group out stupids the first group.

So when you meet groups of people who don't support obama, you guess they are dumber than groups that do support obama. That's really some great information to know. But for clarity please tell me you aren't saying there aren't plenty of great reasons to hate obama.

holychicken
01-15-2009, 23:40
So when you meet groups of people who don't support obama, you guess they are dumber than groups that do support obama.
No, never said that. It should have been very clear from what I wrote that i was talking about the extremes.

That's really some great information to know. But for clarity please tell me you aren't saying there aren't plenty of great reasons to hate obama.
I am not a big fan of him and I don't agree with his policies but i have seen no reason to hate the guy.

Skree
01-15-2009, 23:46
I am not a big fan of him and I don't agree with his policies but i have seen no reason to hate the guy.Not even those ears ?

Skree

holychicken
01-15-2009, 23:54
Not even those ears ?

Skree
Touche.

I Eat Children
01-16-2009, 00:23
I wish there was an assassination squad who killed corrupt politicians.

IthroZada
01-16-2009, 00:28
I wish there was an assassination squad who killed corrupt politicians.

The Roman Army?

StainlessSteelRat
01-16-2009, 00:33

You make no sense since people here are hating on him for what he is actually doing.

Byggin
01-16-2009, 00:34

We'll see about that in a couple of years.

Slypieguy
01-16-2009, 00:52

How so? I'm criticizing him on his policy, deservedly so. Is it "pathetic" to criticize policy? Should I go with the "zomg he's a black secret muslim" approach instead?

Viare
01-16-2009, 01:28
Would you rather instantly waist that money on a war, or keep it banked for the great war that is to come DUNDA NADNANDNANANA NANANNAAAAA DUN DA NNUUUN

Best policy of the 2 parties competing.. thats for sure. Critize aint gona fix nothing, become president! I BELEIVE

IthroZada
01-16-2009, 01:29
Would you rather instantly waist that money on a war, or keep it banked for the great war that is to come DUNDA NADNANDNANANA NANANNAAAAA DUN DA NNUUUN
If the war is done correctly then it becomes a huge investment

Helgeran
01-16-2009, 01:30
I thought this thread was about Darkfall's development.

alfaroverall
01-16-2009, 01:31
http://diy.despair.com/output/poster13011699.jpg

I made this a while back and felt like it fit well here.

Shiliba
01-16-2009, 01:36
They should just give me like a few mil of that and I won't complain.

losinglife
01-16-2009, 13:39
They should just give me like a few mil of that and I won't complain.

at least 20 - 30k for me is a good start.

jonyak
01-16-2009, 13:51
Once again.. forumfall proves that they are WAY more intelligent than all of the most intelligent economists and advisors in the world.

Congrats guys.. why aren't you all running the country?

Ziegler
01-16-2009, 13:54
well...I will actually give credit where credit is due.

If he uses the 350 billion to give to mortage holders...ALL home mortage holders, instead of the banks....it'll be a better move. and it would at least be consistent with his trickle up economics.

Rourke
01-16-2009, 13:55
Once again.. forumfall proves that they are WAY more intelligent than all of the most intelligent economists and advisors in the world.

Congrats guys.. why aren't you all running the country?

It's Friday...can't we all just talk about kittens and bewbs??

jonyak
01-16-2009, 14:00
It's Friday...can't we all just talk about kittens and bewbs??

mmmm bebz and pussy... um...:p

losinglife
01-16-2009, 14:04
mmmm bebz and pussy... um...:p

agreed, must find some of those tonight

Protonix
01-16-2009, 14:04
His foreign policy is exactly the same as Bush's too, sans the minor planned presence in Iraq. I love it. Spending money as fast as Bush, spending more money on foreign occupation than Bush, bailing out companies no one wants to bail out, and promising he's different.

I guess if you say something enough people will buy into it. Most people don't pay attention though, so I suppose if he just says one thing and does another it's all good. End result is still the same, and I want my fucking revolution while I'm still young enough to fight it! HOORAY!

if you want it, go start it!

Rourke
01-16-2009, 14:06

I gotta imagine a Revolution of Civilians vs the US Military will end badly. Unless our soldiers side with us...which is crazy talking.

jonyak
01-16-2009, 14:32

nah.. you should know they would rather sit around and bitch about it.

lafayette
01-16-2009, 14:54

All those intelligent economists that didnt see this coming? The intelligent economists that got us into this mess? Or the intelligent economists that are trying to print their way our of the mess?

Or all of the above?

[QUOTE=jonyak;2382360]Congrats guys.. why aren't you all running the country?

We lacked change?

jonyak
01-16-2009, 14:57
All those intelligent economists that didnt see this coming? The intelligent economists that got us into this mess? Or the intelligent economists that are trying to print their way our of the mess?

Or all of the above?

No you are right... because you really have a clue as to what actualy happened, and know that they all didn;t know it was coming. I understand you have a direct connection to the whitehouse and all the secret documents that were passed around over the years on this subject.

I am not saying this is a good thing. I am also not saying I support obama.

but I do know that I have no idea what went on behind closed doors. and I also know I don't know enough about economics to fix it.

Haeso
01-16-2009, 14:59
HEY MISTER..IT'S CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN DAMMIT!!!!

we are sooooooooooooo fucked.

If you're not poor, the overall economy being bad or good doesn't matter. I'm going to be able to afford everything I want regardless of how bad they fuck up.

Rourke
01-16-2009, 15:04
If you're not poor, the overall economy being bad or good doesn't matter. I'm going to be able to afford everything I want regardless of how bad they fuck up.

define poor. I live in Massachusetts man...we're ALL poor here.

StainlessSteelRat
01-16-2009, 15:28
but I do know that I have no idea what went on behind closed doors. and I also know I don't know enough about economics to fix it.

Then you ought to be smart enough to realize that the same people making decisions behind the same closed doors will probably fail again.

There is absolutely no reason to believe the same failed policies will work this time. If you were smart.

holychicken
01-16-2009, 15:35
You make no sense since people here are hating on him for what he is actually doing.
Other than Surly (and to a much lesser extent Slypie) no one made any points or supported their position as to why what he was doing was wrong. Slypie just posted something that he is doing and the typical mindless anti-Obamatrons all just started parroting the same mindless shit.

They are the same as those idiots who just chant that Obama is bring change . . except for the fact that they manage to actually sound more stupid.

Just because you oppose something he does, doesn't make it mindless.

bluthorn
01-16-2009, 15:35

Bailing a sinking boat. It stays afloat a little bit longer, but it will sink eventually.

Bissen
01-16-2009, 15:46
So when exactly will Matriel start a forumfall militia to start the revolution?

Could be hella sweet!

StainlessSteelRat
01-16-2009, 16:01
Other than Surly (and to a much lesser extent Slypie) no one made any points or supported their position as to why what he was doing was wrong. Slypie just posted something that he is doing and the typical mindless anti-Obamatrons all just started parroting the same mindless shit.

They are the same as those idiots who just chant that Obama is bring change . . except for the fact that they manage to actually sound more stupid.

Just because you oppose something he does, doesn't make it mindless.

You are joking, right? It's not something he is doing. It is something ALL the Washington/Wall Street cronies are doing. Monetary policy, huge lending, deficit spending, etc. all created our bogus credit based economy. More of the same will not fix it.

And 'change' does not mean more of the same; which makes Obama a bullshit artist just like most politicians. It's makes him no different than what has passed before him. No different != change as he promised. If anything, all the retards that voted for him should be pissed off more than those that didn't but most are too stupid to realize he's not different and are just waiting for their promised handout.

What points are you looking for?

1) The system crashed/failed
2) The system received billions in bailout
3) The system is still crashing/failing
4) Obama says give them more billions
5) ????????????????????????????

Hrm.... I'm not a gambler but given that the only people to have seen this coming have pointed to monetary policy, huge lending, deficit spending as the problem; I would bet just about everything I own that 5) will be "The system is still crashing/failing.

Ziegler
01-16-2009, 16:05
So when exactly will Matriel start a forumfall militia to start the revolution?

Could be hella sweet!

First rule of the revolution
you will not talk about the revolution.......

holychicken
01-16-2009, 16:09
You are joking, right? It's not something he is doing. It is something ALL the Washington/Wall Street cronies are doing. Monetary policy, huge lending, deficit spending, etc. all created our bogus credit based economy. More of the same will not fix it.
Read the posts. It is all the same "you wanted change!" BS.

And 'change' does not mean more of the same; which makes Obama a bullshit artist just like most politicians. It's makes him no different than what has passed before him. No different != change as he promised. If anything, all the retards that voted for him should be pissed off more than those that didn't but most are too stupid to realize he's not different and are just waiting for their promised handout.

What points are you looking for?

1) The system crashed/failed
2) The system received billions in bailout
3) The system is still crashing/failing
4) Obama says give them more billions
5) ????????????????????????????

Hrm.... I'm not a gambler but given that the only people to have seen this coming have pointed to monetary policy, huge lending, deficit spending as the problem; I would bet just about everything I own that 5) will be "The system is still crashing/failing.
You are making points now. Good. You are obviously not what I am referring to. I am referring to the idiots who blindly oppose him and the idiots who blindly support him. I am not saying "oppose him = stupid."

StainlessSteelRat
01-16-2009, 16:15
Read the posts. It is all the same "you wanted change!" BS.

You are making points now. Good. You are obviously not what I am referring to. I am referring to the idiots who blindly oppose him and the idiots who blindly support him. I am not saying "oppose him = stupid."

OK... whew. I know some of those posts exist but you have to admit it's funny when a guy that promised change picked all old school cronies for his cabinet etc. and is advocating the continuation of lousy economic policy.

Like I said, anyone who actually voted for him ought to be more pissed. I just thinks its humorous. Now I can sit back and be a pretentious prick saying "I told you so". ;)

And no, I don't/didn't support McCain.

jonyak
01-16-2009, 16:17
OK... whew. I know some of those posts exist but you have to admit it's funny when a guy that promised change picked all old school cronies for his cabinet etc. and is advocating the continuation of lousy economic policy.

Like I said, anyone who actually voted for him ought to be more pissed. I just thinks its humorous. Now I can sit back and be a pretentious prick saying "I told you so". ;)

do you really think he got to pick them?

holychicken
01-16-2009, 16:18
Promising change doesn't equate to changing everything. And for a president with the lack of experience he has to bring in people with experience makes sense, anyway you try to cut it. I am sorry, but it would have been stupid of him to bring in only fresh faces.

Why would anyone be pissed right now? The guy has not spent a day in office yet. Not a single day. We have no idea what he is going to do.

Don't get me wrong, I am defending him, but only against ridiculousness. He needs to be given some time before we decide how much change he is or is not going to bring.

StainlessSteelRat
01-16-2009, 16:27
Promising change doesn't equate to changing everything. And for a president with the lack of experience he has to bring in people with experience makes sense, anyway you try to cut it. I am sorry, but it would have been stupid of him to bring in only fresh faces.

Why? What is so essential about 'experience'? Intelligence and common sense seem a lot more practical and necessary (and severely lacking) in government. I know he didn't promise to change everything, but so far he's 0-2 which is funny (and sad).

Why would anyone be pissed right now? The guy has not spent a day in office yet. Not a single day. We have no idea what he is going to do.

Don't get me wrong, I am defending him, but only against ridiculousness. He needs to be given some time before we decide how much change he is or is not going to bring.

Pissed because his policies will probably reflect his appointments. Why expect different advice or different policies from people who are already entrenched? As I said, he's 0-2 so far and as President or President elect you are going to be analyzed every step of the way. Maybe he's strong enough to lead the cows to greener pastures but if that were the case, jonyak would not have a point (and he does for the first time :P).

I agree Jonyak. But change requires that he grow a pair and buck the establishment.

Holy, do you agree that the Fed Reserve system and its policies are a significant factor in bringing us to the current state of economic failure? If so, do you think it's a good idea appointing the head of the NY Fed as Treasury Secretary?

Even more striking, Mr Geithner has spent the past year as one of the three key players in Washington's response to the financial crisis. As president of the New York Federal Reserve, he can claim co-authorship with Henry Paulson, George W Bush's Treasury Secretary, and Ben Bernanke, the Fed Chairman, for almost all the decisions made - from Bear Stearns to Lehman Brothers to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to the Troubled Asset Relief Programme.

You can argue about the merits of these decisions, but you would be hard-pushed to say that Mr Geithner has diverged in any way from the Wall Street-Washington consensus on the response to the biggest economic challenge of our times.

Warhawk
01-16-2009, 16:31
Funny thing about the bailout money...some of it was used to bail out a fucking foreign bank.

LOL

YAY LIBERALS!!! Go baby GOOO!!!!

Rourke
01-16-2009, 16:32
Pissed because his policies will probably reflect his appointments. Why expect different advice or different policies from people who are already entrenched? As I said, he's 0-2 so far and as President or President elect you are going to be analyzed every step of the way. Maybe he's strong enough to lead the cows to greener pastures but if that were the case, jonyak would not have a point (and he does for the first time :P).

I agree Jonyak. But change requires that he grow a pair and buck the establishment.

When you base your WHOLE CHAMPAIGN on "Change we can believe in", you gotta expect everyone is gonna be watching for the miracle.

And I agree..who he has appointed in office positions so far have been laughable at best. It's just the same old shit, with a black dude.

Killernyc4
01-16-2009, 16:34
Fams just hating because he's black! Lets go Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holychicken
01-16-2009, 16:34
Why? What is so essential about 'experience'? Intelligence and common sense seem a lot more practical and necessary (and severely lacking) in government. I know he didn't promise to change everything, but so far he's 0-2 which is funny (and sad).
What's is essential about experience? you aren't serious, are you? It may not be important for a leader themselves to have experience, but it is essential to have people around who know how things work. Have you ever managed or made anything in your life? I find your comment about experience to be rather naive.

But 0-2? Cherry pick some more.

A leader can surround themselves with whomever they want and then can come to whatever decision they want. Having people around him know how things work can only be a good thing. Sure, he has to buck the establishment, but nothing he has done has actually indicated that he is not on a path to buck the establishment on most cases.

Give the guy a chance. Again, he hasn't even been in an office a day and you already seemed convinced nothing will happen. I am skeptical, no doubt, but I am willing to give him a shot first.

Zinsane
01-16-2009, 16:37
I spend too much time hating on Nancy Piglousy and Barney Fake. Time to spread the hate.

Rourke
01-16-2009, 16:50
I spend too much time hating on Nancy Piglousy and Barney Fake. Time to spread the hate.

Hey..isn't Barney Frank like the creepiest pig-man you have EVER seen?? All sweaty and pedo-scary?? He fucking freaks me out. I can;t believe people like that twisted lying pos.

holychicken
01-16-2009, 16:51
Piglousy and Fake? Now that is some good political discussion right there. Are you like 12 years old or something?

Rourke
01-16-2009, 16:53
Piglousy and Fake? Now that is some good political discussion right there. Are you like 12 years old or something?

Well..they are both dumb pieces of shit.

Anmer
01-16-2009, 16:55
define poor. I live in Massachusetts man...we're ALL poor here.I live in Brazil. :)
And each fucking dollar costs me 2,2 bucks because of this mess now. Euros are almost 3,5 ...EU Darkfall will fuck me up :ohno:

holychicken
01-16-2009, 17:08
Well..they are both dumb pieces of shit.
More great political analysis there.

Boy, you blind partisan hacks have really showed me with your political wit!

Ziegler
01-16-2009, 17:09
What's is essential about experience? you aren't serious, are you? It may not be important for a leader themselves to have experience, but it is essential to have people around who know how things work. Have you ever managed or made anything in your life? I find your comment about experience to be rather naive.
Well, according to Obama, experience is a bad thing...I mean McCain had much more experience...and voting for him is voting for the same old washington politics....but voting for Obama was voting to change that...cause evidently a dude with no experience choosing the same ole same ole...is much better than someone with experience picking the same ole same ole.

A leader can surround themselves with whomever they want and then can come to whatever decision they want. Having people around him know how things work can only be a good thing. Sure, he has to buck the establishment, but nothing he has done has actually indicated that he is not on a path to buck the establishment on most cases.
nothing he has done has shown he will change anything...the fact that he is asking for more money to use....because the first trillion didnt fix it and was a bad idea...but because the Obamessiah says it...it's going to be a good thing.

Give the guy a chance. Again, he hasn't even been in an office a day and you already seemed convinced nothing will happen. I am skeptical, no doubt, but I am willing to give him a shot first.

He is already firing off his first shots....and they all seem to be aimed at either his foot or the soul of america.....

holychicken
01-16-2009, 17:13
Well, according to Obama, experience is a bad thing...I mean McCain had much more experience...and voting for him is voting for the same old washington politics....but voting for Obama was voting to change that...cause evidently a dude with no experience choosing the same ole same ole...is much better than someone with experience picking the same ole same ole.
Unless I am mistaken, he never said that experience = same old washington politics. You are basically just putting words in his mouth.

nothing he has done has shown he will change anything...the fact that he is asking for more money to use....because the first trillion didnt fix it and was a bad idea...but because the Obamessiah says it...it's going to be a good thing.
You haven't been paying much attention if you haven't seen ANYTHING that indicates he is bringing some kind of change.

He is already firing off his first shots....and they all seem to be aimed at either his foot or the soul of america.....
Whatever, it is obvious that you are a mindless anti-Obama sheep. You fall squarely into the category of "those that are stupider than his blind supporters."

You aren't going to give him a chance, that is obvious, and that makes you one of the sheeple. Congrats.

Griz
01-16-2009, 17:17
Well you guys have to understand...without injecting money into the economy, the whole thing will collapse...

Yep...but the government is the last organization that should be doing it.

Beliathon
01-16-2009, 17:19
I'm hoping that things only get worse during the next 4 years, and maybe, just maybe some of the 2-party system supporting morons will wake the fuck up and realize nothings going to change until our "government" is completely taken apart and rebuilt from scratch - preferably out of the bones of the corrupt assholes who we've been letting lead us for the past 50 years.

No one's going to be seeing any revolution before things get a LOT worse. So if you want change, making things worse should be your goal.

StainlessSteelRat
01-16-2009, 17:22

But 0-2? Cherry pick some more.

OK, don't nitpick. Someone who is intelligent and has common sense and is selected for Treasury Secretary (for example) would obviously have 'experience' and 'education' in the field of economics and monetary policy. I'm refering to experience in government; experience in maintaining the system; the kind of experience which most often limits someone's ability to think outside the box(system) as not being necessary. I'm not suggesting he take a stay at home mom and make them Treasury Secretary.

Anyone with experience working in government or in the system will not be prone to changing said government/system.

Did I miss some signifcant issues he has weighed in on? Appointments and bailouts are the only two I am aware of atm. Do you think the stem cell research issue should be counted? Or the tax money being used to fund overseas abortion counseling companies?

OK, so he's 1-4. 2-4 if you measure strictly by 'change' as opposed to quality change.

Again, people within the system that benefit immensely from the system will most likely find ways to maintain the system. Surrounding yourself w/ those people will make it quite hard to buck the system.

He's going to have 4 years to prove himself. So far he's 0-2 on significant issues. Not a great start considering he's not in office yet and I see no reason not to hold him accountable right from the start.

I was immediately pissed when Bush signed the most expensive education budget in history as one of his first actions in office. As far as I'm concerned, grace periods are for employees who can be fired when they fail to deliver after said grace period is over.

Pcheez
01-16-2009, 17:25
Hey, at least Hillary wasnt at the helm of this.

Think of how she would have sparked an entire new wave of chauvanism and doubt in women's competentness at a professional level.

Dodged a bullet there, women of America.

Rourke
01-16-2009, 17:26
More great political analysis there.

Boy, you blind partisan hacks have really showed me with your political wit!

Yeah.....let's see..Pelosi went over to Iran and Syria AGAINST the wishes of our country, and basically bad-mouthed America to our enemies.

Barney Frank is a douche from MY state, who is a whacko gay guy, who was caught in a huge lie, and still some manages to keep his job.

Neither belong in office imo.

For the record, I would easily vote for a Democrat IF I thought they stood more in the middle than someone like Obama who is very far Left in his views.

I hold a more conservative view, but I am Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun, I want less-government, I want a REAL solution to making a new, cheap fuel source, I want to pull out of Iraq yesterday, and re-gain some of losses financially.

Gay? Wanna get married? Have at it. I'm not religious at all. Don't wanna drill on the ocean? Fuck you. Drill Baby drill.

Go ahead and call me partisan. Lieberman was a better canidate than Obama imo.

StainlessSteelRat
01-16-2009, 17:28
You haven't been paying much attention if you haven't seen ANYTHING that indicates he is bringing some kind of change.

Politicians say a lot of things. It's actions that count. We are being critical of his actions. You suggest we should take into account his promises. We'll see in 4 years which promises became action and which did not. Not to mention, many of his promises, while different from Bush, would not be change in a broader scope; simply a flip flop of policy from Rep to Dem to Rep to Dem that always occurs when a party change occurs.

holychicken
01-16-2009, 17:41
Politicians say a lot of things. It's actions that count. We are being critical of his actions. You suggest we should take into account his promises. We'll see in 4 years which promises became action and which did not. Not to mention, many of his promises, while different from Bush, would not be change in a broader scope; simply a flip flop of policy from Rep to Dem to Rep to Dem that always occurs when a party change occurs.
Everything you are judging him on are things he has just SAID he is going to do! Well, he has appointed his cabinet positions, but I think we both agree that he has to bring in people who know what the fuck is going on. Again, he hasn't even been in an office a day yet, how could he have really acted on anything yet as president?

Rourke
01-16-2009, 17:49
Everything you are judging him on are things he has just SAID he is going to do! Well, he has appointed his cabinet positions, but I think we both agree that he has to bring in people who know what the fuck is going on. Again, he hasn't even been in an office a day yet, how could he have really acted on anything yet as president?

He brought in more of the same though. How is that "change"? Do tell.

wertyn
01-16-2009, 17:49
i agree

Ziegler
01-16-2009, 17:59
Unless I am mistaken, he never said that experience = same old washington politics. You are basically just putting words in his mouth.

NO, I am repeating his statements from the campaign....his whole mantra was that voting for McCain would be voting for the same old washington political machine.....and he would bring change to washington....what I knew and most people ignored, is that the only change would be the letters behind the people in charge. D instead of R. So far...that is exactly what it has been.

Oh, I see change all right, just none of it good so far.

Whatever, it is obvious that you are a mindless anti-Obama sheep. You fall squarely into the category of "those that are stupider than his blind supporters."

Really? why dont you go back to page 1 or 2 where I said...give credit where it's due and mentioned something he stated as wanting to do.

You aren't going to give him a chance, that is obvious, and that makes you one of the sheeple. Congrats.

I'm giving him a chance....just nothing so far looks like that chance is going to be anything change worthy or different.

holychicken
01-16-2009, 18:06
He brought in more of the same though. How is that "change"? Do tell.
Do you know anything about management? You and I could both be given the same exact team and come out with completely different strategies and products. You know how professional sports teams change coaches? They don't always need to change personnel to change the success or how the team plays.

NO, I am repeating his statements from the campaign....his whole mantra was that voting for McCain would be voting for the same old washington political machine.....and he would bring change to washington....what I knew and most people ignored, is that the only change would be the letters behind the people in charge. D instead of R. So far...that is exactly what it has been.
Again, please show me where he said that experience leads to no change. Thanks :)

Oh, I see change all right, just none of it good so far.
Empty comment. No surprises here.

Really? why dont you go back to page 1 or 2 where I said...give credit where it's due and mentioned something he stated as wanting to do.
Fair enough. You said one thing positive about him. However, the rest of your posts and points are pretty much just empty rhetoric. . . even that was fairly empty. . . but it was the most substantial thing you said.

I'm giving him a chance....just nothing so far looks like that chance is going to be anything change worthy or different.
Honestly, it doesn't sound like you are giving him a chance.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't vote for him, I didn't want him elected and I am skeptical. It is just the anti-Obamaness I have seen has been pretty ridiculous and I feel like you have been feeding into it as well.

Rourke
01-16-2009, 18:10
Do you know anything about management? You and I could both be given the same exact team and come out with completely different strategies and products. You know how professional sports teams change coaches? They don't always need to change personnel to change the success or how the team plays.

Again, please show me where he said that experience leads to no change. Thanks :)

Empty comment. No surprises here.

Fair enough. You said one thing positive about him. However, the rest of your posts and points are pretty much just empty rhetoric. . . even that was fairly empty. . . but it was the most substantial thing you said.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like you are giving him a chance.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't vote for him, I didn't want him elected and I am skeptical. It is just the anti-Obamaness I have seen has been pretty ridiculous and I feel like you have been feeding into it as well.

Chicken...did you like and support Bush?