PDA

View Full Version : Internet Alias

Wickfield
01-11-2009, 22:51
I was just thinking about the wide variety of names around here, from the unique to the not-so-unique. So, how'd you come up with your forumfall name? Have you used it on other services/games?

WhiteGuy
01-11-2009, 22:52
I had a religious experience and god showed me my name.

Kuri
It pops into my head and I write it down, they forget about for a few months, then use it.

IthroZada
I was just thinking about the wide variety of names around here, from the unique to the not-so-unique. So, how'd you come up with your forumfall name? Have you used it on other services/games?

While I refuse to divulge the origin of my name it is utterly non-unique, sans the misspelling, but I have used it for years for just about everything and I feel too attached to it to give it up

Viluin
01-11-2009, 22:53
Random name generator from Neverwinter Nights. As a result, no one knows how to pronounce it, not even me.

alfaroverall
01-11-2009, 22:55
When I first found the game I signed up and was really excited and into the alfar. Hence the name. I also chose it so as to avoid using my previous Internet aliases.

I have since used this on iCCup, but nowhere else in particular.

Lyam Sunchaser
My epic mind made it up. And use the internetz ofc.

MindOverSword
When i signed up, i wanna a wanna be Warlord who loved Romance and the Three Kingdoms. My name comes from Sima Yi's saying in DW5. "The mind shall defeat the sword."

As for my other alias.

TheGabeCaron and TGC are based on my real name and Vartonn is a purely made up name.

Honest Bill
01-11-2009, 22:56
Mine came from the fact that it is impossible for me to lie.

[LoD] EE
01-11-2009, 22:57

Well, my name is based off my old UO Characters name. Its the first letters of the first and last name. I wont give the name due to I might use it as the name of my character.

Nehemia
Hm, really, now when you think about it, I have absolutely no idea where I pick these names up. Nehemia's were my main SB toons, but I haven't used the name elsewhere.

Basicly, most of them are historical references or complete random crap.

Viluin
EE;2323507']Well, my name is based off my old UO Characters name. Its the first letters of the first and last name. I wont give the name due to I might use it as the name of my character.

Eazy-E.

TheDor
01-11-2009, 22:58
Most of my characters are named after things sitting around. My Vanguard character was named Equate Bizet, because I had a bottle of Equate sitting on a Bizet CD. My forum name is from the first fantasy series I read.

[LoD] EE
01-11-2009, 22:59
Mine came from the fact that it is impossible for me to lie.

I knew a guy, years ago, who we nicknamed, " Compulsive liar Bill ".

Guess you are not him.... or are you lying?

Honest Bill
01-11-2009, 23:00
EE;2323524']I knew a guy, years ago, who we nicknamed, " Compulsive liar Bill ".

Guess you are not him.... or are you lying?

Of course not. Honest Bill isn't a nick name, it's my real name

Xzi
01-11-2009, 23:01
I figured out a way to make the sound of one letter with three. I R special.

But yea, I started using it on Warcraft 3. It's also my Steam nick. I couldn't get it on Xbox Live so I went with Xzii.

Carbonlegend
01-11-2009, 23:04
Cs name, the name i use for lans and tournaments when names of fruit or my usually alternative for German servers Himmler's little helper are frowned upon.

Ankh
I wrote down the first thing that came to mind. I think I had just watched a documentary about obelisks at the time.

Nevron
I figured out a way to make the sound of one letter with three. I R special.

When I was stationed at Fort Lewis I knew a guy in the army with the last name Xie, and it was pronounced as the letter Z.

Atnas
01-11-2009, 23:05
My nickname kind of sucks, and is sort of obvious what it is... but it's easy to pronounce and I've used it for a long time so changing would feel weird!

Honest Bill
01-11-2009, 23:06
When I was stationed at Fort Lewis I knew a guy in the army with the last name Xie, and it was pronounced as the letter Z.

Zed? that's strange .....

Ankh
01-11-2009, 23:07
My nickname kind of sucks, and is sort of obvious what it is... but it's easy to pronounce and I've used it for a long time so changing would feel weird!

You are the one who steals gifts on christmas instead of giving them away!

Aragoni
01-11-2009, 23:07
A character on the Excalibur server in DAoC had it, so I stole it and have been using it ever since.
However, I will probably have 'Pelias' as my name in Darkfall.

Grisu
01-11-2009, 23:08
ive been using my alias forever, from the first online game i ever played to the first forum. ppl irl call me Grisu.

TheDor
01-11-2009, 23:10

Damned canadins.

hardboiled
01-11-2009, 23:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2KQIfsAL68

Wickfield
01-11-2009, 23:11
I have a few.

My first was scoman25 (later changed to scoman99), because my first name was scott (later changed to jesus), and at the time it sounded cool.

Then I came up with crackbaby, but I don't use that one much because people frown on it, and it's usually taken.

And then I started using Wickfield after using it in WoW because it's never taken. It's the name of a street near my house.

Nexus
As a result, no one knows how to pronounce it
Niiice.

Honest Bill
Damned canadins.

English actually. Didn't know the Canadians pronounced it zed

Neoptolemus
01-11-2009, 23:15
English actually. Didn't know the Canadians pronounced it zed

Think all nations of the Commonwealth do.

Oh and i'm a man of many names.

Atnas
01-11-2009, 23:22
You are the one who steals gifts on christmas instead of giving them away!

I was hoping it wouldn't be that easy to figure out lol,

Viluin
01-11-2009, 23:24
Niiice.

Do you know?

jonyak
01-11-2009, 23:25
This has always been my name on forums and such.

Nexus
01-11-2009, 23:28
Do you know?
I'd probably pronounce it;

Vill oo in but quickly. Maybe even Vi loo in, with emphasis on the loo.

Also, neverwinter nights was good.

Viluin
01-11-2009, 23:29
I'd probably pronounce it;

Vill oo in but quickly. Maybe even Vi loo in, with emphasis on the loo.

Also, neverwinter nights was good.

It could also be pronounced"Vil-you-in".

Ungraylessness
01-11-2009, 23:31
Gray was taken and I wasn't too bright at the time

Nevron

I pronounce it Vil-win.

Nexus

Like a horny russian?

Pcheez
01-11-2009, 23:32
Mine has nothing to do with PCs, Penises, nor CHeese.

How it came to me ? Black Jesus bestowed it upon me, along with a tennis racket.

Used it since the first days of CS at lan cafes, the first days of DOTA (where rikimaru still had doom ward, hax) then in Planetside and Saga of ryzom and it carried on.

Its been with me what, 10 years now ?

I did get to a point where i had to stop using it at lan cafes when younger so people would play with me.
More out of infamy than fame though, they would never let me play terrorist, made me work hard to pick an AK off one of them noobs

So unfair.

Wickfield
01-11-2009, 23:37
ClownFoot is one that I'm very curious about...

Rokolith
01-11-2009, 23:40
I always make up my own fantasy game names. I seem to have a knack for it. This character name is a mix of tho of my old character names, Rokarim and Sarlith. Some of these forums names tho.. I don't think it would be a good idea for some people to go into the game with the same tag... *cough* Realbigdeal *cough*

Viluin
01-11-2009, 23:41
Like a horny russian?

Yes, exactly like a horny Russian.

alfaroverall
01-11-2009, 23:41
lol, Canada.

Edit: read more of the thread...lol, Lower English.

Pcheez
01-11-2009, 23:45
ClownFoot is one that I'm very curious about...

hes already said somewhere that he stole it from someone.

Wickfield
01-12-2009, 00:28
hes already said somewhere that he stole it from someone.

awww... clownfoot, is this true?!

ClownFoot
01-12-2009, 00:32
I've said this so many times. This guy had the email clownfoot@hotmail or something, and to be a dick I just went and took clown.foot, clown_foot, clown-foot, etc etc etc. I kept getting emails from his friends and kept laughing. I later decided it was an appropriate handle to use online.

Synika
01-12-2009, 00:33
Synika is the name I call out everynight whilst I'm crying myself to sleep ^^

DR.NUMBERS
01-12-2009, 00:34
At university we had our own gaming servers where we used our student numbers, mine being 3252027. On public servers though no-one was going to say "hey 3252027" so they just said "hey numbers"

Kietharr
01-12-2009, 00:34
Made it up out of nowhere for SWG, been using it ever since.

ClownFoot
01-12-2009, 00:36
Made it up out of nowhere for SWG, been using it ever since.

Interior crocodile alligator, I drive a chevrolet movie theatre. Where'd it go? Fucking bitch.

[O]_Fawkes
01-12-2009, 00:38
The name I'm playing with in game was my mage in WoW for three years.

I kinda made it up on my own. I combined my real name with a few other names, then some Latin just to spice things up.

Tribaja
01-12-2009, 00:41
How could I know?

Wickfield
01-12-2009, 00:44
Interior crocodile alligator, I drive a chevrolet movie theatre. Where'd it go? Fucking bitch.

addictive? yes. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnMDrv8Mx3E)

Xzi
01-12-2009, 00:48
Gawddamnit, that is addictive. I don't think I'll be able to sleep without it playing on loop now.

Nexus
01-12-2009, 00:53
I cycle through a combonation of Nexus, Almighty, Asbestos (since WoW) and Rykiel (since a few recent fantasy RPGs).

I'm probably going to go with either Nexus or Rykiel (for my full spec sorceror) when DF comes out :ohno:

Viluin
01-12-2009, 00:55
Gawddamnit, that is addictive. I don't think I'll be able to sleep without it playing on loop now.

Same.. Fuck.

Mordhak
01-12-2009, 00:57
I've said this so many times. This guy had the email clownfoot@hotmail or something, and to be a dick I just went and took clown.foot, clown_foot, clown-foot, etc etc etc. I kept getting emails from his friends and kept laughing. I later decided it was an appropriate handle to use online.

We all know your nick is Clownfoot because you only got 9 toes.

taylor242424
01-12-2009, 00:57
its my name and 24 is how many jelybeans i have

blountzoocrew
01-12-2009, 01:00
My name is just a name I use for stuff.. easy to remember... "zoo crew" because we have 2 daughters, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and other random pets from time to time. lol

Whoopin
01-12-2009, 01:00
Easy to remember villain name that can be used to taunt victims. Used in many ways and when the word is seen else where... I get a "hit".

heh

Nexus
01-12-2009, 01:01
Easy to remember villain name that can be used to taunt victims. Used in many ways and when the word is seen else where... I get a "hit".

heh
Padon et moi, mon amis?

Shrang
01-12-2009, 01:04
Made it up for *gasp* runescape....... it is safe to say i haven't used it in a while. I'm not even sure why i used it for my Darkfall username.

Misha
01-12-2009, 01:05
It is my name.

Nexus
01-12-2009, 01:16
I just found out that if I was to start my own brand of erotica novels, the brand Nexus Books has already been taken!

Wiki it :(

Rokolith
01-12-2009, 01:32
What the hell just happened there. That video...

Shillelagh
01-12-2009, 01:39
I selected my name because it is an Irish beating stick, which you need when things start getting rowdy.

I thought it was highly appropriate for a mod name

Spinewire
01-12-2009, 01:42
I have used this name for ages in many a game, and it will be used in DF aswell, then tho i am subjected to the double name gayness.

patatjes
01-12-2009, 01:43
Random name generator from Neverwinter Nights. As a result, no one knows how to pronounce it, not even me.

Did you happen to play an elf on a LOTR server?

wertyn
01-12-2009, 01:44
its qwerty without q and with n. I've used it for every interweb thing ever. or wert

Rathynas
01-12-2009, 01:54
I couldn't think of a name for my Blood Elf hunter, so I took inspiration from the god Athena and turned it into Athynas. I added an R to the front for forums like this because R's the first letter of my name.

kiasta
01-12-2009, 02:13
I cycle through a combonation of Nexus, Almighty, Asbestos (since WoW) and Rykiel (since a few recent fantasy RPGs).

I'm probably going to go with either Nexus or Rykiel (for my full spec sorceror) when DF comes out :ohno:

Did you play on wow back when it was around patch 1.8 (Pre-BC)? I played with someone named Almighty on Arthas PVP server.

Arrowyx
01-12-2009, 02:15
I originally used Arrow when I played CS 1.6 ages ago but I ran into a few others so I tweaked it a bit. Been using it for everything since.

Nexus
01-12-2009, 02:37
Did you play on wow back when it was around patch 1.8 (Pre-BC)? I played with someone named Almighty on Arthas PVP server.
Not me, sorries :(

I only really played on Asbestos (on sunstrider EU). When the armory came out I checked my name out to see who else in the game world had chosen that one, it was only 3 others at the time and they were all really low levels.
I was pretty chuffed at the time, in a weird kind of way.

Agge
01-12-2009, 02:43
A normal nickname for my real name, probebly made up when I was 14 or something, the only reason I use it now a days is because quite a few people know me by that very name.

I quite dislike it otherwise, but it works.

Cha0sThe0ry
01-12-2009, 02:44
Splinter Cell

volken
01-12-2009, 02:47
With this name ever since 1.3

Inferno
01-12-2009, 02:49
I like to set things on fire.

PrimalSign
01-12-2009, 03:02
I had to think up a unique userID when signing up on some site (forgot which one, maybe it was for a NWN account) after everything else I tried was taken. When I created the name I was obsessed with the origin of the universe; so I took Primal to signify the first or origin, and combined it with sign to mean something that would describe the first mark of existence.

It has been a while and I've already grown tired of the name. Only used it on a few other occasions.

I thought it was highly appropriate for a mod name

I thought it was pretty clever.

Dimgo
01-12-2009, 03:10
I was watching a MTV show and thinking about what nick I would use it in wow (yes, wow) then suddenly a guy call his friend "Hey Dingo" so it hits me "im using that" so i go to wow and i write "Dingo" in the nickname but the name was taken so I just used "Dimgo" and kept using

Fluffington
01-12-2009, 03:24
I though of a name that would be pretty offencive to be killed by, true story.

Freyr
01-12-2009, 03:27
Was into the whole Norse stuff years ago and started usin it with SWG, was friggen annoying for a while when kotor came out though.

bluthorn
01-12-2009, 03:28
My dad used it for a NE hunter. I figure this is a subtle way to have one live even here, in the center of anti-WoW sentiments.

Honest Bill
01-12-2009, 03:36
My dad used it for a NE hunter. I figure this is a subtle way to have one live even here, in the center of anti-WoW sentiments.

The Mirdain already have a monopoly on gayness. Sorry

epicor
01-12-2009, 03:37
i made my name up when i made my druid in EQ1. Its one of the names I use pretty often.

Barbarossa
01-12-2009, 03:48
I've explained my name time and again on these forums, I'll not do it again...

Thaeds
01-12-2009, 03:55
When I first found the game I signed up and was really excited and into the alfar. Hence the name. I also chose it so as to avoid using my previous Internet aliases.

I have since used this on iCCup, but nowhere else in particular.

iCup? I-C-U-P Like.. I see you pee?

e-warrior 101

(http://tr.im/28oj)

Ron Paul said it, I said it, why the fuck are you acting like this is unknown to most of us who haven't been blindly following the media?

And who the fuck are you? The top economists disagreed about whether the bailout was a good idea or not, and we won't know for a long time, if ever, who was right. You're opinion was given to you by some e-warrior who managed to sound convincing. You have absolutely no ability to judge the bailout because you don't have anywhere near the education or experience to know the first thing about it.

You are such a fucking generic piece of shit it's actually intriguing. In fact, in order to both show everyone how unique you are, and explore the topic a little further, I present to you, and the rest of forumfall, e-warrior 101, a guide in correctly formed internet arguments. Enjoy!

All of these posts were made in the last 12 hours, and represent half of Lethn's total posts in that time.

This first quote is a classic example of "There is a huge conspiracy and I'm the only one too smart to fall for it"

As with all games I'll just study the gameplay videos and decide myself, frankly I think games reviews are so fucking annoyingly biased towards publishers I wouldn't want to see what people have to say about Darkfall, especially with the vaporware tag it's been given by idiots who haven't bothered checking out the game properly.

Now we have "I'm such a seasoned veteran I don't even have emotions anymore". A great way to show people how in control of everything you really are.

The times they post news and stuff is almost completely random so I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see a news item saying "We're sending out beta emails now" quite frankly.

Possibly the best example of "I don't conform to typical social norms" I've ever seen... His resistance to realize that if not for his extreme social phobia he would fuck anything that moved is remarkable.

She is hot, I just don't find her all that attractive personally :p

Ahh, a classic. The "you are so lucky I decided not to flame you". No e-warrior should be without this in their repertoire.

Must resist... Temptation to flame...

Here our e-warrior unleashes his first combo, starting with "it's okay for me to do whatever I want because I am on a whole other level than the rest of you". It's then followed by an "I can post like a troll, and still call you a troll cause I'm better than you". Really does get the point across.

I ranted about how I cheated and I enjoyed it because of shitty stats based games that force you to play by their rules in order to enjoy the game, kkthxbai troll.

Not only has our friend mastered the use of forum style arguments, but he even tries to educate the masses, as you can see in this explination of "post a lot so anyone who doesn't read it is wrong".

This is why I write walls of texts so people who don't read them look incredibly stupid.

Perhaps in a frenzy of intellectualness we catch a rare glimpse indeed. It seems despite knowing better Lethn very nearly makes a blunder in this timeless "I have a plan so awesome I shouldn't even be talking about it". Whew that was a close one!

Who said anything about anarchy? I'm just going to kill any enemies I see and carve out my own underground criminal empi-.... woops! Almost gave my plan away.

One of the more deceptive and below the belt moves, in my opinion, "I know you are but what am I" does wonders to defray attention from yourself onto another, weaker, e-warrior. Anything goes in e-wars. This move tries to shift public opinion by asserting the e-warriors dominance, thus, only the most powerful e-warriors should attempt it.

Will those fucking assholes stop attention whoring already? As if their clan isn't filled with idiots enough, I can't wait to kill those scumbags in game, they will be on my KoS list.

When you've spent twelve hours or so posting, your fingers and mind can get a little tired, so, much like a kung-fu master uses an opponents own force against them, so will a true e-warrior use his opponents efforts against them. Here we see this in use with "if you understood what you were saying, you'd see you already proved yourself wrong". This is a particularly useful skill both for the brevity, and because of the circularness of the argument. If your opponent didn't even know what they said the first time, then all future posts are invalidated as well, the argument is won in less than a sentence!

Cry more and read your previous posts.

When your opponents own force isn't great enough to use against them, use their weakness instead with "no source, no truth!". It's a doubly whammy to your victim because not only does finding a source take a lot of effort, but that effort also validates your argument by showing that a source was needed! This move is best used in arguments against common knowledge facts.

Okay fucking source please

"I'm so cool I don't even have to act like I'm cool"

bewbz! *runs in circles*

For our grand finale we see something only expert e-warriors should dare attempt. A five part combo which will surely leave any opponent decimated. It gets complicated so I'll break it down to it's parts. It's also safer than viewing the entire attack at once.

He starts off with a solid "you don't read right" questioning his opponents abilities right off the bat.

Clearly you didn't read
Then he moves into a "I have much better things to do" transition which negates the importance of the original point, which then invalidates even the best responses!

I was almost at the end but couldn't be fucking bothered
Another one-two combo, to make it even more embarrassing for someone to correct him, because he "doesn't care"! Masterful.

I don't care
This part of the chain is tricky as an inexperienced e-warrior could easily damage himself with this move, but Lethn is no regular e-warrior! He easily makes his point again with "I'm only good at good games", which not only invalidates arguments for the games, but also increases his skills as a gamer. Remarkable.

getting pissed off because the game wouldn't let me progress anymore.
Rounding out his lethal combo, we see the e-warrior shows how powerful he is with "rules only effect me if I say they do, and that's okay".

I've never cheated in any other games like Morrowind because they allow you to use some tactics instead of just force you to go back.

Now that I've gone over the individual parts, I don't think it can do any serious damage to show you this post in it's entirety... Study it, you can learn a lot.

Clearly you didn't read, I was almost at the end but couldn't be fucking bothered constantly dying and trying to figure out what it was that I did wrong and I don't care, I found it far more fun than just getting pissed off because the game wouldn't let me progress anymore.

Also for the record I've never cheated in any other games like Morrowind because they allow you to use some tactics instead of just force you to go back.

That's it for me guys. Join me next time for e-warrior 102 when we'll go over Rick-Rolls, YTMNDs, Photoshop and other advanced techniques.

Peace out and remember to take care of your ego, it's by far the best defense out there! Stay safe!

That was the most pathetic troll attempt I've ever seen Thaeds as someone who supposedly joined in 2005 I honestly expected better than the usual "Put words into peoples mouth and pretend they're saying something else" tactics that only the trolls on MMORPG.com use.

Seriously, why did you even bother? I'm rather impressed you actually went to the lengths you did to dig up so many quotes but they don't make any point nor do they actually verify anything that you say, you should take a lesson from Jon Stewart on how to dig up peoples' quotes and use it against them he does it very well against politicians.

Not only that, did you even think this would actually bother me in the slightest? Pathetic e-peen stroking like that is something I just laugh at right now because when you resort to trying to personally attack someone then you yourself end up looking like the utter douchebag instead of the person your trying to target.

That was the most pathetic troll attempt I've ever seen
You don't read right.

Thaeds as someone who supposedly joined in 2005 I honestly expected better than the usual "Put words into peoples mouth and pretend they're saying something else" tactics that only the trolls on MMORPG.com use.
I don't conform to typical social norms.

Seriously, why did you even bother?
It's okay for me to do what I want because I'm on a whole other level than you.

I'm rather impressed you actually went to the lengths you did to dig up so many quotes but they don't make any point nor do they actually verify anything that you say
I don't care.

You should take a lesson from Jon Stewart on how to dig up peoples' quotes and use it against them he does it very well against politicians.
Do you have a source for this?

Not only that, did you even think this would actually bother me in the slightest? Pathetic e-peen stroking like that is something I just laugh at right now
If you understood what you were saying, you'd see that you already proved yourself wrong.

when you resort to trying to personally attack someone then you yourself end up looking like the utter douchebag instead of the person your trying to target.
I'm such a seasoned veteran I don't even have emotions anymore.

there's a limit to how much of an asshole you can be.

...Wall of hilarity...And this boys and girls is the difference between an '05er and an '07er.

Bronson;1929518']Wow, bravo and well done!

Holy shit.

pretty hilarious read

Hahaha, thank you so much. I will always be able to look at Lethn's ramblings with a smile on my face now.

I salute you.

oh god many lulz..many lulz....

That was pretty epic.

Thaeds, pat on the back for making me laugh.

Can't believe I just read through all of that. Lol, that was win.

Perfect.

That was a true epic fukking win.

I humbly salute you and changing my grade to 11/10.

Your sig is positively epic. I salute you sir.

kiasta
01-12-2009, 04:03
Not me, sorries :(

I only really played on Asbestos (on sunstrider EU). When the armory came out I checked my name out to see who else in the game world had chosen that one, it was only 3 others at the time and they were all really low levels.
I was pretty chuffed at the time, in a weird kind of way.

Hmm I played on the NA servers, but maybe he deleted cuz I haven't started playing again for a long while after that. Ahh well, I miss Pre-BC though it was so much more fun (and less noob friendly) than it is now. Back when it actually took skill for pvp but oh well, I only now play for the friends I have made.

Weatherford
01-12-2009, 04:10
It's my last name. :D

Phalanx
01-12-2009, 04:28
Erwin because I used the name in a RP game and then it stuck with me.

Phalanx because it was the name I used in WoW. I had recently watched a documentary on Discovery channel about how effective the formation was, so I just picked it when I chose the name.

AmonDominus
01-12-2009, 04:32
A goddamn firebreathing Duke of Hell who nibbles on his prey's souls.

Was Dominus for a decade in various games but some prick stole it here.

jordanleroux
01-12-2009, 04:32
You fucking serious?

Drool111
01-12-2009, 04:54
I found out about darkfall and while I was reading the features I was drooling.

Honest Bill
01-12-2009, 04:55
I found out about darkfall and while I was reading the features I was drooling.

What about the 111?

Joebh
01-12-2009, 04:56
My RL name with initials simple and looks fine. Plus Ive had it for like 10 years.

Gaal
01-12-2009, 05:05
Mine's a rip-off of Baal, you know that god dude from baldur's gate?

Dhig
01-12-2009, 05:06
My RL name with initials simple and looks fine. Plus Ive had it for like 10 years.

That makes you 10 years old :rolleyes:

Honest Bill
01-12-2009, 05:08
That makes you 10 years old :rolleyes:

His parents may be extremely indecisive

Dhig
01-12-2009, 05:08
His parents may be extremely indecisive

That is true.
Shall we ask what name/s he had before that?

Honest Bill
01-12-2009, 05:09
That is true.
Shall we ask what name/s he had before that?

Indeed we should

Miira
01-12-2009, 05:13
Been using Miira since I first started MMOs. Sadly, its become popular somewhere and I don't always get it as a character name anymore.

jakt
01-12-2009, 05:14
Was making a character long ago and ESPN was playing in the background. They were reviewing the hardest NFL hits of the weekend and Tom Jackson yells JACKED UP!!! 'Jacked' was taken as a first name so I chose an alternate spelling.

I never actually planned to keep the character, I was just fooling around with the class but it ended up being my main and it has just stuck with me ever since.

Honest Bill
01-12-2009, 05:15
Was making a character long ago and ESPN was playing in the background. They were reviewing the hardest NFL hits of the weekend and Tom Jackson yells JACKED UP!!! 'Jacked' was taken as a first name so I chose an alternate spelling.

I never actually planned to keep the character, I was just fooling around with the class but it ended up being my main and it has just stuck with me ever since.

Don't lie. You're Jack Thompson, and you're trying to get DF banned

ADMIT IT!

Dyrrn
01-12-2009, 05:18
Dyrrn the Corruptor. look it up. ;) i started using Dyrrn because i found an online game that some how some one had my original online name. it's a name i had made up myself from a norse naming guide. alhvatr. al means all and hvatr means defender or protector. i made the name back when i played NWN for my dwarven defender.

Killuminati
01-12-2009, 05:39
Killuminati, all through your body, the impact is like a 12 gauge shotty.

Phalanx
01-12-2009, 05:39

Your name means "hunt" in Swedish as well.

AmonDominus
01-12-2009, 06:13
Killuminati, all through your body, the impact is like a 12 gauge shotty.
I fapped to that rhyme.

chodie4u
01-12-2009, 06:17
My nickname IRL minus "4u".

Tzacharu
01-12-2009, 06:27
I first used mine on my WoW account. I can't recall how I came up with it. I think I was just saying different names randomly, and I liked how Tzacharu sounded.

It's my name for basically everything now.. Call of Duty 4, Team Fortress 2, was for EVE, and every other forum I use.

I'm having a tough time coming up with a last name though.. What the hell goes well with Tzacharu?

Felidaeus
01-12-2009, 07:54
I used the family for cats: Felidae

+ an amalgamation with Wolgang Amadaeus Mozart.

Felidaeus.

Pcheez
01-12-2009, 09:35
I used the family for cats: Felidae

+ an amalgamation with WolFgang Amadaeus Mozart.

Felidaeus.

I should track you down and gut you for that blatant spelling error in Mozart's name.

How COULD you ?

Temet nosce
01-12-2009, 09:41
I've been using this name for more than a decade now I think. It's an alternate translation of an inscription on the temple of the oracle at Delphi. Roughly, thou thyself know. Of course, since the Matrix had it in the movie now others bloody well use it.

Trikk
01-12-2009, 09:45
I've used this nick for over 10 years.

Caffy
01-12-2009, 09:46
I love caffeine. Caffy is short for caffeine.

I've used Caffy, Caffyne, and Caffynated in UO, and SB.

Creative, I know. :rolleyes:

CuriousGeorge
01-12-2009, 10:03
Of all the names available some bastard always has George. I add Curious after Curious George a monkey from some kid's show.

Gib the Haunted
01-12-2009, 10:11
In quake we would Roc and rail a target into giblets..Gib is the result
Btw im Known as General Gib

Johnny Cage
01-12-2009, 12:11
self-explainable. mortal kombat ownage! :cool:

antihero-zero
01-12-2009, 12:18
I ended up raping the mugger after saving the person being mugged, and I realized, "I'm kind of an antihero!" That realization, coupled with my deep inferiority complex, helped me create this name. And then I learned it was some skateboarding company too, but since I used to skate it's even more appropriate!

Kusghuul
01-12-2009, 12:23
My UO orc.

My other nick is Ruru, something my brother came up with. Start off as "lur" (cunning in Norwegian) then we added Kim Jong-il pronunciation and a -u. Ruru.

Tyx
01-12-2009, 12:27
The name I use now is a short version of the name I used on my main character back in Diablo 2, Tysander, used that name until I decided to start using a shorter version. Which was few months before AoC. ;)

The original name was just made up, though later found out that it's a old not so much used greek name. Which I think finding "Lysander" back in Lut Golem should have told me that "Tysander" had to be somewhere around. :p

DarkLily
01-12-2009, 17:26
Just like flowers, been Daisy, Lily, Honeysuckle and others. Always liked Lily the best but was against rules when signing up? Added the Dark as a nod to an old MUD clan I was in.